Jojo's Bizarre Adventure RP OOC and sign up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blah View Post
    The monster of the week formula killed whatever fun I had with the series.
    And Gojis stands powers seem kinda random.
    Strength and fire are in line with a dragon, and he wanted to be able to switch between strength and range so I allow it

What do you think would improve it? I'm open to suggestions

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post

did you nerf it? I'm fine with all of us being stronger if it's not in line with the rest of the series. I just don't want it uneven.
      I made Jojo a moron to compensate for her strength.

Comment

since this is jojo I think that nothing should be off the table when it comes to stand abilities
        stands get pretty wild in later parts
        example:
        Screenshot_173.png

Comment

Originally posted by Mae Borowski View Post

Strength and fire are in line with a dragon, and he wanted to be able to switch between strength and range so I allow it

What do you think would improve it? I'm open to suggestions
          Strength doesn't really fit. But you wanna keep it remove "tank piercing punches" with just super strength. Shrinking doesn't fit either. If you wanna have multiple forms, make him switch between ice and fire lizard forms. The downside being that he needs to stay at a neutral form where he has no powers so he can cool down or heat up sufficiently to change forms.

Comment

Originally posted by blah View Post

Strength doesn't really fit. But you wanna keep it remove "tank piercing punches" with just super strength. Shrinking doesn't fit either. If you wanna have multiple forms, make him switch between ice and fire lizard forms. The downside being that he needs to stay at a neutral form where he has no powers so he can cool down or heat up sufficiently to change forms.
            Emperor Goji

In order to make peace with everyone I'll have you guys negotiate. I don't like denying people what they want so it'll be better if you come to an agreement

Comment

idc at this point what Goji does.

What kind of fun stands are out there right now? I want the real weird ones to compare to.
              Originally posted by Wade
              Everything is hidden in plain sight, like in Men in Black. We've all just been neuralized to think it is "normal".

Comment

idc at this point what Goji does.

What kind of fun stands are out there right now? I want the real weird ones to compare to.
                Even just among side characters (to avoid major spoilers) you got stuff like

http://jojo.wikia.com/wiki/Under_World

Recreates "memories" of past events/objects. First thing it does in its fight is trap the protagonists in a plane crash. It also did stuff like summon soldiers and copy stand effects.

http://jojo.wikia.com/wiki/Heaven%27s_Door

Turns people into books that contain every bit of info about them. Anything you write into the book is true (eg. "attacks cannot harm me", "will fly back at 70 km/h", and "can speak Italian")

http://jojo.wikia.com/wiki/Bohemian_Rhapsody

Brings fictional characters to life.

So yeah, there are some pretty nutty stands. The protagonists and main villains will sometimes end up even stronger than these at the climax of the part, via powerups. But those are spoilers of course.

Edit:
                http://jojo.wikia.com/wiki/Soft_%26_Wet

One of my fave protagonist stands, it has a pretty nutty ability from the outset of its part (so no spoilers here) but the protagonist has been jobbing nearly every fight now to compensate. Removes and and replaces physical properties from things, such as friction, sound, heat, water content, hair, etc.
                Last edited by The Gunboat Diplomat; December 20th, 2018, 11:02 PM.
                Tab for a cause: http://tab.gladly.io/?r=11370382

Comment

Originally posted by The Gunboat Diplomat View Post

Even just among side characters (to avoid major spoilers) you got stuff like

http://jojo.wikia.com/wiki/Under_World

Recreates "memories" of past events/objects. First thing it does in its fight is trap the protagonists in a plane crash. It also did stuff like summon soldiers and copy stand effects.

http://jojo.wikia.com/wiki/Heaven%27s_Door

Turns people into books that contain every bit of info about them. Anything you write into the book is true (eg. "attacks cannot harm me", "will fly back at 70 km/h", and "can speak Italian")

http://jojo.wikia.com/wiki/Bohemian_Rhapsody

Brings fictional characters to life.

So yeah, there are some pretty nutty stands. The protagonists and main villains will usually end up even stronger than these at the climax of the part, via powerups. But those are spoilers of course.
                  Jesus fuck, these sound like high-tier Bleach levels of broken. Lol.

That's great, gives a lot of leeway.
                  Everything is hidden in plain sight, like in Men in Black. We've all just been neuralized to think it is "normal".

Comment

Jesus fuck, these sound like high-tier Bleach levels of broken. Lol.

That's great, gives a lot of leeway.
                    Yeah. In terms of main Jojos, Giorno (at the end of his part) could solo Bleach, and Johnny (at the end of his) could probably clear most of it gauntlet-style if he doesn't get blitzed or outranged. Though their powerups are major spoilers ofc.

Though they're the strongest 2 mains by a massive margin, to be fair.

Comment

Yeah. In terms of main Jojos, Giorno (at the end of his part) could solo Bleach, and Johnny (at the end of his) could probably clear most of it gauntlet-style if he doesn't get blitzed or outranged. Though their powerups are major spoilers ofc.

God damn it, now I want to read the series again to see what happens

Comment

Jotaro can freeze time

Comment

Jotaro can freeze time
                          Edit: spoilers

Giorno >> some other character >> Jotaro though

You should, powers aside it's genuinely really good. Jojo has been featured in the fuggin' Louvre

Though the anime is really good too. Part 3 starts off slow, and part 4 can be fun but really slice of life heavy, but the part 5 adaptation is probably my favourite anime adaptation ever. They've been handling everything about it really well, from some really good anime-original character interactions, to some top notch sound design, and etc
                          Last edited by The Gunboat Diplomat; December 20th, 2018, 11:18 PM.

Comment

There's a guy who can "scrape" things out of existence with his right hand. He doesn't know where it goes but apparently anything he "scrapes" teleports to another dimension. He can even do it to empty space to lessen the distance between himself and his target. He can even fly by scraping the air to teleport.

Comment

Jotaro can freeze time
                              shit gets wilder than that later on

Comment

I mean you have a point.

Emperor Goji

Be a dragon
                                Okay, but the appearance will change slightly.

Comment

Also, do I really need to nerf my character more? I mean, with what the others might come up with?

Comment

Originally posted by Emperor Goji View Post
                                    Also, do I really need to nerf my character more? I mean, with what the others might come up with?
                                    I think you're fine. I'd prefer they stop nitpicking and worry about their own stuff

Comment

I think you're fine. I'd prefer they stop nitpicking and worry about their own stuff
                                      I'm fine with making the salamander a dragon instead, but saying to drop my current Power selection is not okay.

Plus, you are the GM. If you find it okay, then they should stop complaining.

Sorry, I just wanted to get my response in.

Comment

I'm fine with making the salamander a dragon instead, but saying to drop my current Power selection is not okay.

Plus, you are the GM. If you find it okay, then they should stop complaining.

Sorry, I just wanted to get my response in.
                                        I know, I just don't like when everyone fights. Keep your power set, if anyone has a complaint I'll remind them that they can make whatever they want too.

My word on Goji's character is final. No more picking on him please.

Comment

You should BUFF her

Comment

Working...
                                          X