Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blackrose smiled at the captain's remark. In her mind: a steady spiral into madness. Snapping out of her distraction she caught the book, skimming through it. "Oooh! That's a gimme. I'll take it." She put it away.

Comment

Alistair just stood there, dumbfounded by absolutely everything that was happening right now. Hellfish and Blackrose's bickering seemed to never end, but at least it was refreshing in the face of the danger they had faced. He turned his attention to the strange newcomer that seemingly appeared out of nowhere. He stared for a moment, studying her form as well as the cloak she bequeathed to Blackrose. He immediately recognized her as the statue they had passed earlier.

He placed a hand on Hellfish's shoulder as he voiced his concerns in the most subtle manner the pirate could muster. "I do not believe she is a threat, friend. This isn't our first meeting after all. She was the statue we passed when we entered the chamber. You can tell by her cloak. She is telling us the truth. We we initially killed the beast, her petrification must have wore off and this she was able to spring back to life."

Regardless of the circumstances, she had saved their lives and he thought a proper introduction and a thank you were in order. "Milady." He greeted her with short, but respectful bow. "You did a great deed in dispatching the necromancer. If not for you ending his life and dispersing his spell, I'm afraid we may not have survived much longer. You have my gratitude. I am Alistair, a humble ranger. I have provisions if you are in need. Fresh food and water. It is the least we can do to thank you for your help. "

Meanwhile, Ravayaath had been tending to the grievously injured Ju-Long. He had taken quite a blow before being turned to stone, but when the petrification wore off he began bleed profusely. She had cast many low level cure spells but they could not completely close the wound. As such, if he is to survive, they needed to make haste. She tugged on Alistair's cloak and directed his attention to the warrior, who was still unconscious. The wound would need to be packed and bandaged before they could move him, something Ravayaath didn't have the supplies or ability to do on her own.

"My apologies, it seems I am needed." He sat a pack with water and rice down in front of Serapha, gave a curt nod, then walked away to assist the white mage in preparing Ju-Long for transport.

Comment

Digging through the rubble for several minutes, Kriss finally managed to retrieve his magical axe. He turned to join the group when he was caught off guard by what he witnessed. A young-looking female Ljósálfr; an Elf. One of the mortal beings closest to the gods! They were said to be gone from the world of man, at least in his culture. She was as they were described, fair and slight. Allegedly possessing an eternal youthfulness and innate magical ability. What was one of the old races doing in this cave? Did none of the others realize what she was? She seemed to stand idly by as Blackrose and Hellfish argued and exchanged a small punch to the breast. She was conversing in the Imperial language... how did she know it? Kriss decided it would be better to act as if she was anyone else for now and made his way over as Alistair walked away.

”Greeting, Ljó- er, young woman! I am Kriss Fjelløve! I was unaware there were any others in this cursed cave!”

Comment

Though she had not heeded it before, Serapha did indeed have a terrible hunger in her stomach and a fierce thirst that tore at her throat. She thanked Alistair, then saw the severely wounded man. Before she could offer her help, the one who had been retrieving his axe stepped forward to introduce himself.

”Greeting, Ljó- er, young woman! I am Kriss Fjelløve! I was unaware there were any others in this cursed cave!”

"Ah - good day to ye, good sir. My name is Serapha. Yes, I've probably been here for decades if not more thanks to a petrification. Er..." She glanced over at the injured man again. He was bleeding terribly despite the efforts of the young mage.

"...Is he going to be alright?" Serapha asked the group quietly. She did not wish to worry the man Alistair and the mage were trying to help.

Comment

"He might be, if we stop the bleeding and find a better place of healing," Cirrus said, looking over their most injured companion. He really didn't like the looks of those injuries, and despite his confidence in their resident white mage... He liked to think there was going to be a happy ending to this story. It wasn't going to happen in this cave, though.

"I'll start scouting these tunnels," The dragoon said, walking away. Finding an exit is an important part of leaving, after all.
            Originally posted by Wade
            Everything is hidden in plain sight, like in Men in Black. We've all just been neuralized to think it is "normal".

Comment

Originally posted by Helly View Post
              "...Is he going to be alright?" Serapha asked the group quietly. She did not wish to worry the man Alistair and the mage were trying to help.
              OI--aren't yeh knife-eared witchy types supposed to have fancy heal spells???

Hellfish doesn't know dick about magic. But he's pretty sure red mage elves learn heal spells.

Comment

"What am I, chopped liver? I have health potions." Blackrose took one out and went over to J-lo, feeding it to him. She was feeling kind of shitty but at least wanted to still be useful. "That should at least help until we find better aid."

Comment

Song of the Moment
                  Kingdom Hearts - Dearly Beloved 2017
                  Kyle Landry
                  [Plot Progression]

Alistair thanked Blackrose for her potion and sent her back to the group. It wouldn't be any more effective than the cure spells were, but it showed a sense of compassion that he hadn't really known she had and it made him thankful to know he and Ravaayth weren't the only two concerned. Ju-Long had done and sacrificed much for all of them, they owed him their lives. The ranger would be damned to hell before he let the warrior die in a dark, damp cave in the middle of the forest. He worked quickly on the fallen warrior, sterilizing scraps of cloth in alcohol and packing it into the massive hole in Ju-Long's torso. He wasn't a doctor, but just from the area he could only guess that a lung was punctured, several ribs broken, and a whole host of muscles were torn apart. Fortunately, the spike didn't go clean through or else there'd surely be no hope. When he finished packing he made a mixture of dirt, water, and alcohol to pat over the entire opening before removing his cloak and wrapping it as tightly around Ju-Long's chest as he could manage.

The captain's heavily armored back wouldn't do very well for detecting large amounts of blood loss, so he gestured the viking over and asked if he'd be willing to carry Ju out of the cave. Kriss was more than agreeable and he hoisted the warrior onto his back.

"Everyone." Alistair addressed the entire group together just as Cirrus was making his way back from the caverns alongside Fenrir, it seemed the two had found a path out, and now they needed to quickly follow it. "We will still have a day or more's walk until we get out of the forest. We'll have to travel fast if there's any hope for our friend's survival. The white mage and I will do our best to keep him stable, but his condition isn't good. Without proper treatment, he won't make it more than a few days. We won't be able to stop and rest until we arrive at Puerto de Plata. It'll be a long and tiresome journey, but there will be rest by the end of it." With the dragoon leading the way, the group made their way out of the chamber and back into the tunnels, leaving Serapha standing behind. Alistair gestured to her as well. "You're free to follow us out, milady. It wouldn't do my conscience well to leave you here alone when there's a caravan of misfits to travel amongst." He gave her a warm smile before turning and following the rest of the group.

Song of the Moment Pt.2
                  The Sunleth Waterscape
                  Masashi Hamauzu

It only took an hour or so before they emerged from the caverns and what they saw was a completely different sight than what they left when the fell into the caves. The mist that had permeated much of the forest had dispersed and the eerie quiet was replaced by a chorus of chirps. Birds flew through the trees and small animals scurried across the ground. It seemed that most of the animals had merely succumb to the petrifying mists and now that the Hydra was slain, they were free from the curse. It made the journey much more pleasant than it had been to this point, there were also no signs of the basilisks that had stalked them up until now. The day went quickly and as night set in, the group grew wary but still determined. Even as the forest grew quiet, save for the occasional howl, they kept trekking forward only stopping for the occasional meal break. During those times Alistair and Ravaayth spent their short break tending to Ju-Long, who remained unconscious. Once they finished changing his dressings they were back on the move. By the midnight hour, they were met by a glorious sight, an end to the trees and beautiful, flat plains that glowed softly under the full moon.

Unfortunately, they still had quite a ways to go. Alistair pulled out his map and tried his best to place features as he talked through their path. "We've got to find the river to the east and follow it until we make the bridge here. Maybe two hours, pending on breaks." He points to a section of the map showing a bridge crossing the river and then moves his finger upwards."If we stay close to the river after crossing and follow it to the mouth, Puerto de Plata should be only a short walk from that." He looked upwards to the stars and noted their positions before continuing. "I think we can make it by nightfall tomorrow. Hopefully that would be fast enough."

And so they began moving again, sticking to the riverside and only having to fend off small beasts, something Grigor was easily able to do. And soon they came upon the bridge, a massive stone structure that stretched several hundred feet across the roaring river. There were several merchants around it, men and women who knew this was the only safe point to cross the river at and took advantage of the traffic. They gathered around the group, trying to pitch all manner of wares at exorbitant prices. True piracy, Hellfish might have noted before he let loose a loud roar that sent the cretins running. After successfully crossing the bridge, the group followed the bends northward. The sunrise came and went, the sun tracked steadily across the sky, and by sunset the ocean finally came into view. As the last drops of light faded from the land and the sun set below the horizon the group spotted a soft glow to the northwest. Lights from the Port of Silver, they were almost there!

Their spirits lifted and their exhaustion vanished knowing they were within sight of the town. As the grew closer and close the sounds of the port's famous nightlife grew more intense. "I know that sound well lads." Hellfish spoke up. "The only things more famous than the city's reputation for lowlifes be it's reputation for drunken brawls, beautiful wenches, and all manner of lustful sins." And the captain wasn't wrong. Upon passing through Puerto de Plata's gates, they were greeted by the sight of a rather large brawl with at least a dozen men beating the hell out of one another in a drunken stupor. As the others watched the fight unfold, Hellfish lead Alistair, Kriss, and Ravaayth to the city's only apothecary. "This be the healer's place" he stated as he pushed open a large, wooden door.

The group took Ju-Long inside and was immediately met by a middle-aged man in green robes. He took one look at Ju-Long as shook his head. "Another southern Ignotian on the verge of death? What is with these Eastmen and their propensity to death? They're even wearing the same insignia!" Alistair's eyes narrowed as Kriss laid Ju-Long down on a table and the apothecary went to work removing the mess of blood and cloth from the wound. "This other man... What does he look like?" The doctor shook his head "Short, dark hair and brown eyes. Came in wearing a tattered brown cloak, blue martial arts uniform, and had these gloves with steel on the knuckles. Must have been a fighter, but he wasn't good enough. Showed up half dead with multiple stab wounds! Worse shape than this one, I'd imagine. He's in the next room. You think you know him?" Alistair nodded, he turned around and Hellfish had already turned the corner and was walking back.

"Aye, it's 'em. He's in rougher shape than a ship bilged on her anchor."

Comment

"Get well soon J-lo! Hey while we're here I'm gonna go do some sins." Blackrose said as she gave Ju-Long a light hug to avoid hurting him and then left the building.

She sneaked up on some guy in a crowd who was cheering on a brawl and then grabbed his drink, chugging it all before he turned and threw a punch, yelling "EY STEP OFF YA RAT BASTARD" and she ducked under his fist, then rose to kiss him and knee-kicked him in the balls. Some big dude went up to her, pulling back for a punch when she threw the elf's shawl at his face, blinding him for a moment. When he took it off he had a face full of foot as Blackrose pulled off a jump-spinning kick and knocked him down. And, that's when everyone was staring at her.

"Oy, who's this bitch going tits out in a brawl?" some guy asked.

"Who cares?!" someone else answered, "She's tits out in a brawl!"

From that point Blackrose spent the night enjoying drinks and fights and hung out with the guys.

Comment

Several minutes into the fight, one thug grabbed a wooden stool from a table and smacked it into another thug, who would be sent flying into a table, occupied by only one guy, who had a wooden mug filled with tea. This lone person was well muscled blonde haired man with a strange tattoo of what appeared to be a bird. When the thug hit the table, it made the tea mug fall from the table and onto the floor, spilling its contents. The blonde haired man took a deep breath and got up, as a small few bar thugs, excluding the one who thew the thug at this persons table, would have a look of fear and ran away, hoping not to feel the new combatants wrath. The blonde guy spoke, in a calm, yet serious Tone, eyes closed, which alerted the other thugs, "I was hoping today would not end with having to put a stop to another bar fight, for yet the third time this week...... Yet if you really need me to discipline all of you once again," He opened his eyes, and the thugs closest to him flinched, expressions or shock, as the blonde person said, "Then I will make it to where you wish you never drink in the first place!" The person then ran into the crowd of thugs, and would throw a punch at one thug in the throat. That thug gaged and fell down, out cold. The rest of the thugs ran at him trying to overwhelm with numbers. It was 50 to 1, as the blonde person vanished from sight, and struck them down one by one, with his fists and feet, before reappearing on the other side. The thugs fell all at once, as the blonde guy then took a breath. "That was too quick." He spoke, before looking around to see if there were any more thugs, but there were only the shocked servers, a scared civilian, and people in a group he hasn't seen before. He would then bow down, and apologize to the servers for his violent course of action.
                      ​​​

Comment

during the trip up to Puerto De Plata, Cirrus found himself getting more and more antsy. He kept stealing glances over to the grievously injured Ju-Long, and he couldn't help but keep pacing around anytime the group halted. Ju-Long couldn't die! But what if he did? These two thoughts kept circling each other, round and round in Cirrus's mind, for the entire trip. He didn't say a word to anyone until they made it into town and the Hellfish pointed out the town doctor. Then, his only words were "Is he going to be all right?"

At the revelation that Xu-Shen was under the same roof, and just as injured, a feeling of dread washed over Cirrus. What happened to the others? Where were they? Who attacked him? Cirrus decided that he would take point here and wait for Xu-Shen to wake up. Especially since those wounds were inflicted by humans. He didn't want any more surprises.
                        Originally posted by Wade
                        Everything is hidden in plain sight, like in Men in Black. We've all just been neuralized to think it is "normal".

Comment

Don was inside the tavern in which a small altercation began. The details were unknown to him -- some drunk imagines a slight to their honor and they must avenge it immediately, and often times, indiscriminately. While he inwardly lamented the lack of civility, "I mean, come on." he was never one to not recognize opportunity.

In the crowded confines of a bar, physical contact is guaranteed. A brushed shoulder, a pat on the back or a seemingly legitimate stumble. Don employed all manner of calculated missteps in his misdirection. With the pressure of a palm on a back or a shoulder against another, no one notices a finger or two on the stone of a ring or beneath a necklace chain.

After pocketing several small trinkets and items of value in this fashion, Don decided to really begin working. He picked a target he could probably fight if something went wrong -- a frail, elderly fisherman. The old man along with most other patrons were cheering and drinking with their attention on the small scuffle. Positioning himself tactically behind the old man, Don shoulder-checked him hard enough to send him sliding into a burly patron. Don deftly retreated through the crowd, expertly avoiding any physical contact this time. He then ducked down slightly to enjoy the show.

The old fisherman's rough bump into the large man and subsequent beating set off several other small fights. Thrown elbows, shoves, the occasional assault with a weapon soon turned into a full-on whirlwind of alcohol-fueled violence, one which drifted out into the streets due to the cowardly or sober participants trying to escape.

Don, behind the tail end of the brawl, began to pocket various items from the table tops such as money and other valuables being used mid-wager. Once adequately stocked up he decided to make his exit.

He made his way to the front but was deterred from proceeding. In addition to some blonde-haired monster with a bird tattoo still inside beating several of the indoor brawlers, Don reasoned the authorities would be there any moment given the now quite public commotion.

With that he promptly about-faced and darted out through the back exit, fleeing the scene of the ongoing disturbance. He circled back to the main street, several buildings down from the tavern and peeked around the corner to quietly observe the fallout from a safe distance.
                          Last edited by The Poster Formerly Known as Teal; November 15th, 2018, 02:57 AM.

Comment

Blackrose, accompanied by a new group of ruffian friends, was sitting in one of the bars having a good time, drinking and socializing and exchanging stories. This was after the previous series of fights, where she'd won some as well as lost some, which was indicated by a black eye and a bloody nose and various other bruises. She was among her kind of crowd. A bunch of fucked up rabble rousers. She was showing off her various treasures and letting guys do body shots off her chest if they bought her drinks.

Comment

Originally posted by Henry the Slowbruh View Post
                              Several minutes into the fight, one thug grabbed a wooden stool from a table and smacked it into another thug, who would be sent flying into a table, occupied by only one guy, who had a wooden mug filled with tea. This lone person was well muscled blonde haired man with a strange tattoo of what appeared to be a bird. When the thug hit the table, it made the tea mug fall from the table and onto the floor, spilling its contents. The blonde haired man took a deep breath and got up, as a small few bar thugs, excluding the one who thew the thug at this persons table, would have a look of fear and ran away, hoping not to feel the new combatants wrath. The blonde guy spoke, in a calm, yet serious Tone, eyes closed, which alerted the other thugs, "I was hoping today would not end with having to put a stop to another bar fight, for yet the third time this week...... Yet if you really need me to discipline all of you once again," He opened his eyes, and the thugs closest to him flinched, expressions or shock, as the blonde person said, "Then I will make it to where you wish you never drink in the first place!" The person then ran into the crowd of thugs, and would throw a punch at one thug in the throat. That thug gaged and fell down, out cold. The rest of the thugs ran at him trying to overwhelm with numbers. It was 50 to 1, as the blonde person vanished from sight, and struck them down one by one, with his fists and feet, before reappearing on the other side. The thugs fell all at once, as the blonde guy then took a breath. "That was too quick." He spoke, before looking around to see if there were any more thugs, but there were only the shocked servers, a scared civilian, and people in a group he hasn't seen before. He would then bow down, and apologize to the servers for his violent course of action.
                              "OI! Whats all this 'discipline' and 'never drink' crap!? We gotta loosin' yeh up, ya tight-arsed goldilock!" Hellfish saw the entire fight.

Hellfish has been drinking--heavily, even by his standards.

Not brawling though. Hasn't seen anyone who looks worth a damn in a fight to throw hands at; at least not until witnessing the lean, blonde brawler do his thing.

Hellfish gives Lynncher a forceful shove and hunkers down into a sturdy stance.

"Helluva scrap, lad. But ya know damn well piss-ant tavern rats ain't gonna give men like us a proper fight. Name's Hellfish. Captain Hellfish. Hit me hard enough, and I might take a shine to yeh." The jolly drunk pirate challenges.

Comment

The blonde Fighter turned towards the drunk who pushed him, and gave him a glare that would make most thugs run. He didn't expect any drunks still at the bar, nor expect that this drunk in particular wanted to test his luck on him. He had to admire the courage this guy had, even if he himself doubts that the drunk could match him in combat. He took a stance, with fists up and one knee slightly bent, as he would say, "You better not disappoint me. My name is Volt. Volt Lynncher." As he would then wait for his opponent, named Hellfish, to make the first strike.

Comment

"Lynncher, eh? Yer a scrappy one. Waitin' for me to throw the first punch, are yeh?"

Hellfish backs out of melee range. Picks up one of the 50 thugs Lynncher has just knocked unconscious. Lifts him like a bale of hay. And tosses him at Lynncher as a makeshift projectile weapon.

"I GOT 49 MORE OF THESE WHORE-SONS!" Hellfish guffaws, bellows, and lifts another one. "YER MOVE, GOLDILOCK!"

Comment

• Chara
                                    Chara commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    God I love the captain xD

Volt would shift his stance and put his hands out to catch the unconscious thug. He would then kneel down and put the thug down quickly, but carefully, before getting back up and walking towards Hellfish, calm looking as he would say with a slight Tone of threat, "You shouldn't be throwing unconscious people around like rocks. Someone might get hurt." Volt did not like anyone who disrespects those who can't fight. Of course they were thugs, but they were knocked out, and that isn't right if someone takes advantage of it. With a breath, he then said, "You wish to try that again?"
                                  ​​​

Comment

Blackrose was in the same bar watching Hellfish and the new guy face off. "KICK HIS GOODY GOODY ASS FISH MAN!" She yelled drunkenly, waving a bottle in the air.

Comment

Arriving in town with Ju-Long on his back, Kriss and the party headed straight for the nearest doctor. The doctor remarked that another Eastman was in the room and, peering behind the divider curtain, Captain Hellfish remarked, “Aye it’s ‘em. In rougher shape than a ship bilged on her anchor.”
                                      Alistair have a deep sigh, clearly being the default battlefield medic had started to take its toll, and this news probably wasn’t helping. Before he got a word out, Hellfish stormed out of the doctor’s office and straight towards the nearest rowdy pub.
                                      “Poxy, bloody doctors can stuff it! Just medicate meself over a few dozen pints...” He grumbled on his way out. Following Hellfish out of the room, Blackrose gave the unconscious Ju-Long a small embrace on her way out. Barefoot, in tattered leggings, and wearing
                                      an old cloak I’ll-fitted for her sizable chest, Blackrose boldly strode toward the same pub Hellfish headed to rather than, well, literally anywhere else.

Kriss, knowing that the other Eastman was leading the party Jack was in, became interested in what Xu-Shen had to say.
                                      “Will I be able to ask this man some questions? He inquired to the doctor.
                                      ”Not for a while, I reckon. I had to anesthetize him in order to perform surgery. He had pretty intense organ damage. From the looks of this one, I’ll have to put him under, too.”
                                      Kriss grew concerned, “Did he come here with a group of others?! Where would they be?!”
                                      ”No, no. It was just him, and no one else. I’m honestly shocked he managed to make it here at all. If he was this bad... well, I’m not sure what to say about any others that might’ve been with him. If they are here, I imagine they’d still be in town.”

Kriss thanked the doctor and started out the door to find out if anyone else from the desert party had made it into town.
                                      Last edited by Tyler_D; November 15th, 2018, 10:59 PM.

Comment

Alistair quickly dropped a small bag of coins on the table beside Ju-Long, "thank you for looking after both of our friends. If this doesn't cover your troubles, please let me know when I return. If their condition changes, can you please send word?" The gentleman nodded as he ushered the group out so he could begin working on Ju-Long, Alistair gave a curt bow and followed behind Kriss. "If you're looking for Jack, please allow me to accompany you. I'm concerned for his whereabouts as well." The ranger patted the leather of his cuirass a couple times as he continued speaking. "We might check a few of the shops, first. I feel quite naked without my cloak and I do not feel like the one I left with the doctor will be very useful when all is said and done."

Kriss nodded as the two walked out onto the streets and headed back towards the chaos of the main street. Alistair wasn't too surprised to see the captain was already involved in a fight, facing off against a tall fellow with blond hair and a strange tattoo. And of course Blackrose was there too, bare chested again, and cheering him on. He thought about intervening but then thought better of it, Hellfish had a wide grin on his face and seemed to be enjoying himself, best to let the Captain be himself for the time being.

The two walked into the armorer's shop, no sign of Jack, Gregory, or any of the others. But there was a rather fetching green cloak, pretty similar to what he had but with some brown accents. He also spotted a black leather vest that seemed like it would just fit Blackrose's ample bosom. The ranger quickly made the purchase of both items, tossed the cloak on himself, and followed Kriss back out into the street. He asked Kriss to wait for a moment and he approached Blackrose in the crowd of people, handing her the leather vest. "You draw a lot of attention like that, milady. Please do consider covering yourself in the city at least. You may also want to get yourself a new pair of leggings and some boots for the rest of the journey. Kriss and I are searching for Jack and the others, please let everyone know what's going on when you're finished here"

He walked back to the viking and stood beside him, hand on his chin. "Where would you expect Jack to go? You knew him better than I did."
                                        Last edited by Cid; November 15th, 2018, 11:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X