Ultionem Crystallis: Final Fantasy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Plot Progression]

"To the inn lads; back to the inn! Nothin' here but chicken dinner. Fekkin monk sent us to the wrong stable!"

Xu-Shen let out a hearty laugh from behind a tower of crates. "You're at the right place, Captain." He said as he stepped around, greeting the group with a smile. "These are Chocobos, I find it hard to believe you've never seen them, Mr. Hellfish. Regardless, we're not riding on them, the inn has been kind enough to rent us two wagons to ride in. " He gave a quick bow, but something back towards the main building caught his attention.It was only out of the corner of his eye that he spotted Charlie leaving the building's main entrance. He was trying to hide himself, but Xu's eyes were too sharp. He immediately recognized him from Puerto de Oro. The man who threw a crate from a roof and smashed one of the hounds before it attacked the rest of the group. He also noticed he seemed panicked and in a rush. Not wanting to just let him walk off without at least talking to him about what happened, Xu-Shen called out to him. "Sir!" He shouted while waving a hand, trying to get his attention to no avail. The stranger merely picked up his pace, suspiciously like he was trying to avoid him. Xu moved to try to chase him, but it was with luck that Ju-Long had been on the other side of the Inn and also took notice of the man. He quickly stepped into Charlie's path, stopping the brawler in his tracks. "A word, if you wouldn't mind." Ju's voice was stern, coarse, and a bit intimidating. It didn't help that he had his hand on his sword, almost in a threatening manner. Charlie looked like he was about to attack when Xu-Shen got there.

"No need for violence." He said with a smile as he placed his hand on Charlie's shoulder. "I wanted to thank you for your help before. And ask if you knew anything about what happened." Ju removed his hand from his blade, having realized he must have seemed like he was going to attack. "My apologies. We just want to ask you a few questions, if you don't mind."

Comment

"OIIII!!!!!!OIIII!!!!!!! Your order is ready sir!" said the blacksmith a hour later. "Its about time! I just finished one book my grandfather gave me and im itching to try it out!" he replied giving a warm smile. The blacksmith went into the back of his workshop, and reached for the twin daggers first. After polishing them for a nice shiny apperance he held them out in his hand. "Alright lets try this out...hold steady" Gregory said to the blacksmith. He focused on the daggers and snapped his fingers. In a mere instant both daggers poofed into dark smoked and dissapeared. With another snap they reappeared at his sides. "Great! Works just fine." he told the blacksmith who was kind of surprised. "Thats a fine trick you have. Let me go get your staff as well..."

-A couple minutes later-

Gregory is seen walking the streets heading towards the stables reading the book Xu-Shen gave him. In the distance he could hear Hellfish babbling but ignored it to concentrate on book.

Boy was he one loud pirate...

[Gregory Marsh]

Comment

Moving to the door, Decker was unexpectedly cut off by a figure. Noting the position of the figure's hand and his generally almost threatening demeanor, Decker readied himself for combat. He needed no weapon or armour, his techniques made him much stronger and more durable than he had any right to be; he hoped that this would catch the figure off guard if the worst were to occure. His thoughts were cut off by another individual from across the Tavern relaxing the situation.

"No need for violence, I wanted to thank you for your help before. And ask if you knew anything about what happened."

The sight of the seemingly more aggressive stranger relaxing was what allowed Charlie to relax himself. He was, however, still on his guard and still expecting someone from the previous room to burst out and begin the Thief Hunt soon.
        "Fine, it's no trouble. Might we do it outside though? I may need to be leaving soon," Decker noted, looking around the room. It was then that he recognised the two from his previous stop; and how could he forget them with the entrance they made. At the absolute worst this conversation was still assuredly guaranteed to be interesting.

Comment

[Plot Progression]

Xu and Ju lead Charlie to the stables where the rest of the group had gathered and were waiting to embark on their journey. "Everyone," he greeted them all. "I'd like to introduce you to... Err..." He had forgotten that he didn't actually know the man's name, and Charlie seemed reluctant to give it. "Well, his name isn't too important right now. This man was in Puerto de Oro with us. He was the gentleman who threw a crate from the roof top and saved you, Alistair." He gave a warm smile to the ranger. "I thought you'd like to have a chance to thank him properly."

Alistair shifted his attention to the new arrivals and gave a curt nod. "Many thanks for your assistance, I'd surely be dead without your help back there."

Xu patted Charlie on the back. "We're all grateful. The ranger has been helpful with his potions." He gave another quick smile to Charlie before his face turned stern and his tone became serious. "About Puerto de Oro, though. We're all about to begin a journey to figure out why this all happened. And we're trying to gather as much information as we can. We've all shared our experiences in of the chaos, but a new viewpoint never hurts. Would you mind explaining everything you know to us?" He paused, directing the brawler to a nearby bale of hay for him to take a seat. "Leave nothing out, please. If you have any information that's new to us we would be eternally grateful to hear it." His face softened again as he gave his signature smile. "And who knows, there could be compensation in it for you, seeing as you seem short on money yourself. We'd never dream of taking your time without adequate compensation." His comment struck close to home with Charlie. The man was very sharp and observant, his eyes seemingly saw everything. How much did he already know about Charlie?

Comment

Blackrose decided this new person was suspicious and not to be trusted. She should poison and kill him later.

Comment

Jack didn't recognize the man the Xu and Ju brought into the group, but he recognized the medallion around his neck. The man had been a Monk in the monastery in north Accerae. It was not a group of warrior monks however. The group mainly focused on self-improvement and service to others and generally objected to violence. But the man's knuckles were covered in scars from fights as were the visible portions of his face behind the monkey mask he was wearing. It didn't quite add up and Jack was immediately suspicious of the new stranger.

"Many thanks for your assistance, I'd surely be dead without your help back there."
              Alistair was pleasant as always, but Blackrose was glaring at the man with an indignant expression. Maybe she was suspicious, as well. Uncertain exactly how to feel about the new man, Jack simply watched as the man eyes lit up at the prospect of money.

Comment

Decekr sighed, observing the nearby room before ever so slightly relaxing and deciding to speak.
                "I know no more than you do by now. From what I saw there was some drama at the ceremony, then some figure unveiled himself and started summoning up hellhounds and undead abominations. I was at the time attempting to liberate the belongings of a pirate ship. When it all went down I spent half the time trying to think of a way out; when your group was trying to tackle that Alpha hound I attacked it then tailed you here, hoping to use you to, well, push through the creatures and into the wilderness. It worked."
                Sighing yet again, Decker rifled through his belongings. He had a few small bags of 'liberated' coins, his mask, a handful of torn out monastery notes and some iron claws to his name.
                "An off request but I don't suppose I could tag along with your group for a while? I need to get a move on. I want to put as much distance between myself and that city as possible and your group is most likely the best way to do that. Else I'll need to stalk my way through the wilderness, an unpleasant scenario no doubt."

Comment

"If yeh can handle yourself in a fight we got a place for yeh!" Hellfish takes a playful swing at Decker, who instinctively dodges with monkey-like agility and knocks him off balance with a low sweep. "Hah! Theres a scrappy lad. knocked me on straight on me arse he did; This ones a keeper!" The Hellfish gets up and brushes hay and chocobo dung from his backside.
                  Last edited by Post-Crisis Shob; September 2nd, 2015, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Arriving at the stables. Scholar Gregory sat down near by on a wooden chair and continued to read the book Xu-Shen gave him. With every page turned his overall mana power seemed to increase slightly...He looked over at the two roughers doing a little dance and turned back not impressed. "Oi...keep it down im doing something important here"

[Gregory Marsh]

Comment

"how long does it take to load a bloody wagon!?" Hellfish has been cooped up in a barn for what feels like weeks (it couldn't have been more than a few hours...but still...) and is growing restless. "Ya heard the monk; we're tryin' to save the world here!"

The stable master apologizes and assures that everything is almost ready. Many preparations need to be made for so ambitious a trek, he explains. The wheels must be reinforced...the siding must be weatherproofed...the chamberpots must be freshened...

"what about that one right there?" Hellfish points out a much roomier, much nicer wagon. It's fully road-worthy and ready to ride; if anything it looks over-prepped with comforts and luxuries. The stable master explains this wagon is reserved for a wealthy patron and not available to the questing party. "We be needin' to get a move on lad." Hellfish is going to lose his mind if he has to spend another damn minute in this barn. "We be needin' that wagon." the stable master foolishly refuses.

"...Lemme rephrase that..." Hellfish slugs the stable master in the gut and floors him, then climbs into the luxury box. "I'm takin' yer wagon." Annnnnnnddddd he's gone. (His trail isn't subtle. He won't be hard to find.)

Comment

After hours of reading gregory was able to master the book he was given in time to make the trip. His power level was on a totally higher level than before. Surely he would be of extremely much greater use now than he was previously.

Annoyed of how long the others were taking Hellfish snapped and went on ahead on his own. Why not? Who they were facing was a High Wizard, the strongest type of magical user:

~~~~~~~~

[Dark Magical/White Magical Ranks in Order]
                        > Bold = White magic user ranks
                        >[color=red]Red=Black magic user ranks[/b]
                        > Nothing = Neutral
                        1.High Wizard(Evil King)
                        1.Priest
                        2.Apprentice High Wizard(Gregories Grandfather)
                        2.Apprentice Priest
                        3.Wizard
                        3.Cleric
                        4.Apprentice Wizard
                        4.Apprentice cleric
                        5.Black Mage(Gregory)
                        5.White Mage
                        6.Apprentice Mage
                        7.Traveler
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gregory raised himself from the chair he was sitting on. He looked around the area before simply tapping his staff on the ground and engulfed the stable with his Caceo spell. Dark particles stuck to the eyes of all the humanoid mana signatures in the small vicinity giving Gregory enough time to make off with the last wagon. He didn't know if he could make it on his own so he chased and called for Hellfish "Hey!!!! Hellfish!!! Im with ya mate lets go!" Gregory was truly feeling the rush and increased his speed even more.

"Keep up ya slow poke! What happened? Surely you should be able to control your wagon more? Unless....you're only a boat man?" he said giggling at the end.

[Gregory Marsh]

Comment

The Story So Far...

The Story So Far…

Astaroth, the ousted king of Ignotas' Arkalian tribe, has set out to conquer the world. To do that, he has delved deeply into the arcane arts and draws upon dark and twisted energies to cast forbidden magic spells. His plan is to collect the four crystals that hold the world in balance and use their power to plunge Ivalice into darkness, just as the Dark Mage Apollyon did 2200 years before. His first target was the Fire Crystal, held by the venerable King Ebraham and protected by Dasuto Umi, a small nation with little contact with the rest of the world. Astaroth sent his army to ravage the nation's seat of power and take the crystal by force, slaying the king and burning the city to the ground in the process.

Astaroth's next move was to disguise himself as the fallen king and take part in the holy Crystal Requiem, a celebration held once every 100 years in remembrance of the legendary warriors that sacrificed their lives to save the world from Apollyon. The rulers of the four nations tasked with protecting the crystals would all appear in a single town, on a single stage. They would bring the four crystals and participate in a ceremony that both honored the fallen warriors and cleansed the crystals of dark energies they had accumulated over the past century.

Astaroth revealed himself during the ceremony by calling forth the forbidden spell, Ultima, which wrought destruction on a cataclysmic scale. The spell nearly leveled the entire city and killed most of the people within it’s walls, the explosion of energy and the ensuring earthquake were felt dozens of kilometers away in neighboring settlements. Fortunately, in the chaos, Queen Ignas of Adamas Mundi and King Leandro of Tierra Prometida managed to escape. Only King Farrell; bearer of the Wind Crystal, ruler of Acerrae Vatriae, and Lord of Peurto de Oro, remained within Astaroth’s grasp. He pierced Farrell’s heart with a blade and claimed the Wind Crystal as his own before he turned his attention to the ruined city around him and to the hundreds of lives he still felt within the rubble. He cast another forbidden spell to raise the dead and turned them against the living.

Scattered across the once glorious Port was a ragtag group of survivors. The Assassin Luciano, Grigor the Beastmaster, Hellfish the Berserker, Gregory the Black Mage, Charlie the Brawler, Cirrus the Lancer, Jack the Marksman, Cayne the Paladin, Alistair the Ranger, Idris the Red Mage, Blackrose the Rogue, and Ravaayth the White Mage.

Blackrose, a well-known crime boss within Puerto de Oro's underground, commanded a formidable army of at least 200 brigands, most of which had survived the ultima spell thanks to the Rogue's fortified underground base of operations. In an uncharacteristically noble gesture, she sent that army out into the streets of town to combat the walking dead and save as many as possible from the rubble. A gesture that would prove fatal to her men. Astaroth was content to leave a few dozen in the city to fend off the undead, but the hundreds of lives that poured into the streets threatened to dampen the message he intended to send to the rest of the world. He would leave them with one final gift, a third forbidden spell that opened up a hundred portals to the very depths of hell itself. And through those portals stepped a hundred hellhounds as large as a bear and with volcanic saliva pouring from each of its three maws. The beasts tore through the city and demolished Blackrose’s army before setting out to hunt down the rest of the survivors.

By pure chance, the group of would-be heroes converged on one path while heading towards the city docks, but they were quickly overrun by Astaroth’s hellhounds. It was then that two mysterious men, the reserved warrior Ju-Long and the brash brawler Xu-Shen, appeared. Together the two men dispatched the pack of beasts and, under the directions of the Black Mage, lead the group to a magic shop that was close to the port, so they could rest and recover from their injuries. There the group discovered that all the ships in the port had been destroyed and that the best course of action would be to travel back through the city and to the front gate, where they could proceed to a settlement several dozen kilometers away. After stocking up on supplies and weapons, they made their way towards the city square, battling beast and undead alike along the way.

Once in the square, the situation turned dire. A fully-grown Cerberus rose from the rubble of the king’s castle and descended upon the heroes. The beast towered over the others, standing at least 10 meters tall and each step shook the ground beneath their feet. It attacked swiftly and viciously, fending off attacks and swatting away anyone that tried to bring it down. The battle was long and arduous but with teamwork, the group crippled the beast’s legs through sheer force, magic, and poison. However, none of their attacks were heavy enough to slay the animal and it would recover quickly if they didn’t end the fight soon. The Berserker, Hellfish, had a plan. After ingesting a numbing potion concocted by the Ranger and fortifying his defenses with a protect spell from the White Mage, he offered himself up as a meal to the foul beast and was promptly eaten whole. On the way down, the Berserker tore through the beast’s innards and carved it up from the inside before tearing a hole though its gut and collapsing on the ground. The beast didn’t stand a chance. The White Mage and Ranger leapt into action to heal the Berserker’s wounds enough to get him back on his feet, and together the group finally exited the city.

The trip to Posada de Oro took just over three hours to make on foot, the patron of the Inn provided food, drink, and a roof for the night for the weary travelers. Most retired for the night, but a few explored the town around the Inn. The Dragoon took the Berserker to look for armor while the Ranger accompanied the Marksman to the local sanctuary in search of holy water. The Marksman had been right next to the stage when Astaroth cast his spell to raise the dead and wanted to cleanse himself of any lingering effects the spell may have had, it would not be an easy trip. The two encountered trouble in the sanctuary as a skeleton warrior, reanimated by dark magics, attacked them upon entry into the building. It was easy enough to put down, but the sinister aura emanating from it troubled the marksman. He took the helmet with him and the two retired back to the Inn for the night.

The next morning, Ju-Long and Xu-Shen called the group together and explained everything they knew about Astaroth. That he hailed from Ignotas, just as they did, and that he was now seeking to rule the world through the power of the crystals. They asked if any would be willing to join them in their fight to save the world and were met with a unanimous decision to put an end to the evil mage’s plans from everyone there. Xu-Shen then explained the plan, the helmet the Marksman collected confirmed rumors that Astaroth’s magic had been influencing the eastern desert lands and Ju-Long had gotten word from the forests to the north that he had been spotted there. The group would split up, Xu-Shen would lead a small group consisting of Charlie, Gregory, and Idris east to the deserts to investigate the dark energies that were resurrecting the dead and Ju-Long would lead the rest of them north, chasing directly after Astaroth. Preparations had already been made and they groups were on the road within the hour…

Song of the Moment
                          Rydia
                          Composed by Nobuo Uematsu
                          Arranged by Junya Nakano

[Plot Progression]

The soft drumming of rain on the roof of the carriage created a soothing rhythm for the passengers on their long journey from Posada de Oro to Pirn. The trip was long, taking what seemed like years to travel the relatively short 100 kilometers, but blessedly, it was also uneventful. The previous day's harrowing incidents were still fresh and so were the wounds and exhaustion from their battles, so the 15 hour journey provided the group with much needed rest and relaxation. The group had split up when it left the Inn, Xu-Shen took a small group to investigate reports of dark magic in the east, while Ju-Long's group was here, chasing after Astaroth.

Out of the carriage's window, a small forest town came into view. "We've arrived" Ju-Long spoke from the front of the carriage as it pulled through Pirn's homely wooden gates. The town was small and sleepy, surrounded by forest on all sides except for the road coming in from the plains. There simply wasn't much here, perhaps 50 people called it home. There was a general goods store, an inn with just two rooms, a mill, some farmland and chocobo stables, and houses. But it saw a significant amount of traffic in the form of hunters who pass through from the forest to Puerto de Oro to sell their wares, so when the carriage pulled up nobody seemed to bother with it.

Ju-Long was the first to disembark, directing everyone to take their belongings quickly so the owner could feed and stable the chocobo for the night before making the journey back to Posado de Oro. "I will talk to the locals. Do as you wish until I return." And with those words, Ju-Long was off to gather information leaving the group to their own devices.
                          Last edited by Cid; August 21st, 2018, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Blackrose was the first to step off the carriage with a peppy hop as she scanned the small town. "Ah! A dreary, dank little hamlet. It's just like my old home." She took in the musky smell and grabbed the arm of the nearest fellow to drag along. "Let's take a look at the market! I wonder what this place is known for."

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post
                              [Do as you wish until I return."
                              Still half asleep from the lengthy and uneventful carriage ride, The Captain rises ever-so-briefly. He yawns, scratches himself, and wanders over to the small inn.

Wordlessly and without making payment, he grabs one of the innkeeper's liquor bottles. Drains half its contents in a single swig. Then barges into one of the inn's two small rooms. (which may or may not have been occupied--The Captain didn't bother checking)

Occupied or no--unimportant and unworthy of notice--The Captain takes another swig from his pilfered bottle. Collapses into bed. And--still in armor and with his giant fuck-off Cleaver sprawled out next to him, and with the door to the room wide open--begins snoring so loudly he can be heard half the town over.

Onlookers gather outside the room with a mixture of curiosity and annoyance.

Someone SHOULD do something. They really should. But nobody wants to go in, and be the one to rouse the peacefully snoozing berserker from his slumber.
                              Last edited by Post-Crisis Shob; August 22nd, 2018, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Cayne had stumbled off the carriage, with an ill look to his face. Perhaps he had motion sickness? Who knows. Or it was the faint smell of petrichor in the air from the rain and lightning. He then stumbled a few steps before straightening up and walked towards the market as well, but with a different destination in mind: the magic shop, intent on picking up new spells. After all, he was technically a secondary cleric, so he needed to be able to pick up the slack. Maybe he will find an offensive Holy spell while he was at it. Like Dia, or even Diara.

Originally posted by OrganizationXV

"Oh-a shiit!" Mario yells. "Ima gonna leave-a."

He runs away, arms out, then jumps like super high and you don't see him any more.

Comment

Alistair had the supreme misfortune of following Blackrose in exiting the carriage. He had only a moment to stretch his limbs before she had grabbed his arm and viciously pulled on it, nearly yanking his shoulder out of the socket. "Let's take a look at the market!" She gleefully and cheerfully exclaimed as Alistair clumsily followed his arm in tow. He glanced back towards the carriage to see Cayne following behind, presumably to check the town's wares. "I wonder what this place is known for?" Alistair knew Pirn quite well, he passed through often and in fact was here not more than a week ago so he knew that Blackrose would be supremely disappointed in the answer to her question.

"Milady!" He interjected as he freed his arm from her claw-like grasp, stopping for a brief moment to check his leather bracers for damage as Cayne caught up to them. "I'm afraid Pirn has no market to speak of. There is a general goods store right over there, but that's it." He motioned to a tiny wooden building nearby. "They don't have much either. You might find some potions and herbs, but it's mostly just essentials like flour, rice, and a few rudimentary gardening tools. Pirn sees much traffic from hunters like myself, but the people here know that the real destination for anyone passing through is... Was Puerto de Oro. I'd be happy to accompany you nevertheless, if you still wish to peruse their goods."

Comment

"Oh reeeeally? Let's drop by anyway, just to meet the locals." Blackrose seemed interested in what Alistair had to say. "Alistair, was it? You seem to know a bit about this place, be my tour guide!" She hardly waited for him and Cayne to catch up before making her way to that general goods store, confident that they were close behind. As she walked she could hear the captain's monstrous snoring from the inn. "Is that an earthquake? A beast's roar?" She chanted with a smug little grin.

Comment

Cayne rubbed his eyes, entering the store with the other two party members and scanned the shelves for Ginger to help his motion sickness. So far, he wasn’t having any luck thus far, his face curling into a frown.

Originally posted by OrganizationXV

"Oh-a shiit!" Mario yells. "Ima gonna leave-a."

He runs away, arms out, then jumps like super high and you don't see him any more.

Comment

Song of the Moment
                                        Humoresque of a Little Dog
                                        Arrangement: Masato Kouda

Alistair followed Cayne and Blackrose into the small store where they were greeted by an energetic young girl. She couldn't have been older than 6 or 7 and only waist-high, carrying a broom twice her height. "Welcome to Gram's Goods!!! Can I help you find anything misters!?!?" She didn't even wait long enough to get a reply before she dashed off to the other end of the shop and began wildly swinging the broom about the floor, kicking dust up everywhere. Off in the corner was a small desk and behind it an older woman, grey hair in a bun and wearing a black cloth apron, who was clearly fast asleep.

The shelves were stocked pretty well with what Alistair said they would be. Dry foods, rusty gardening tools, a couple poorly made knives that would barely be fit for cutting rope much less an animal, the aforementioned knife-breaking rope, and a small assortment of herbs and spices for cooking, which caught Alistair's attention. His supply was low, after all. And they'd likely spend the next several weeks wandering about aimlessly in the woods. They would need to catch and prepare food, so something to bring out flavor might be appreciated. "Hmm... Perhaps some sage and rosemary?" "HI!!!" The little girl seemingly materialized from the ether directly in front of him, causing him to jump backward. "You gonna buy something mister!?" The ranger sighed heavily before attempting to reply to her, but again she had darted off without even pausing. Her shrieking did, however, wake the shopkeep.

"Can I help you?" She asked all three of them while rubbing her eyes.

Comment

Day in, Day out, same thing. Telah hungered for adventure since she was but a kit. The night was too dangerous, day she was needed to hunt or work the chocobos. They didn't need her, she was busy enough daydreaming that she always missed her shot. Today, she was working the Chocobos. Well at least her best friend chocobo, Chocho. Chocho appreciated the mischief they got into, the vibrant yellow bird even helped her find the spell tome that began her future.

The aggressive chocobo pecking at her body causes her to flail as she's trying to watch the carriage rode into town. “Nooo! Chocho stoooop!” she pauses, a look on her face with a flick on her face shows what her plans were. She bounces on her toes before grabbing the reins and hopping onto the back of the large bird. She snaps the reigns before the feathered menace backs up then sprints to leap over the boards with a loud scream of...

“WARK!”

“YEEHAW!”

Her cloak and tail flies behind her as they come nozily charging to see who the newcomers were and what they planning on doing while they were here. Telah wanted adventure, and these strangers might be her way out of here.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                          Auto-Saved
                                          x
                                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                          x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
                                          Working...
                                          X