• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wanna do a repost character pic, too!

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler_D View Post
      I wanna do a repost character pic, too!

For some reason I imagined him with long wavy hair and a clean shaven face. Sort of like a more Sampson-esque character.

He looks awesome, I love vikings

Comment

I forgot that he had a helmet. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post
          Chaos Theory - "Helly's post was kind of long and I didn't want to read it all..."
          More or less

Comment

I forgot that he had a helmet. Lol
            I think I can find a image relating to Volt, but it will take a bit. If nothing comes up, I can always draw him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mae Borowski View Post

For some reason I imagined him with long wavy hair and a clean shaven face. Sort of like a more Sampson-esque character.

He looks awesome, I love vikings
              Thanks. The prevailing idea was something like “Skyrim character in the 18th century”. That why he has proper trousers and military riding/jackboots. I figured him, Jack and all the members of the merc crew had something like a uniform that each person customized to their preference. Jack added the desert pancho and wore a sleeveless shirt. Kriss eschewed a top altogether and embedded his wrist compass into a leather wrist guard. I even thought about drawing the baseline uniform design and then making the whole merc team, but that was too much headcanon for this little RP, lol.
              Last edited by Tyler_D; November 22nd, 2018, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Thanks. The prevailing idea was something like “Skyrim character in the 18th century”. That why he has proper trousers and military riding/jackboots. I figured him, Jack and all the members of the merc crew had something like a uniform that each person customized to their preference. Jack added the desert pancho and wore a sleeveless shirt. Kriss eschewed a top altogether and embedded his wrist compass into a leather wrist guard. I even thought about drawing the baseline uniform design and then making the whole merc team, but that was too much headcanon for this little RP, lol.
                Never too much effort, I always take things to the next level lol

Comment

Tyler likes planning. He gets all into it pretty hardcore. If he had the focus to stick to something, he'd probably make an excellent DM for D&D haha.

Comment

Tyler likes planning. He gets all into it pretty hardcore. If he had the focus to stick to something, he'd probably make an excellent DM for D&D haha.
                    I definitely believe that after seeing the thought behind his guys.

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post

I definitely believe that after seeing the thought behind his guys.
                      He planned about half of this RP. Or at least the character classes and magic. He and I used to work together on third shift at the hospital, and we didn't have a whole lot to do at night when it was just us two. So we got the idea of an old-school FF RP after the FF7 one failed (twice.) He handwrote everything out and helped brainstorm the villain, motives, and all that. I actually came across his notes a couple days ago when I was going through my art folder, found it and some sketches he made of his original character. Talking about the RP back when it was still on MVC too. lol

Comment

He planned about half of this RP. Or at least the character classes and magic. He and I used to work together on third shift at the hospital, and we didn't have a whole lot to do at night when it was just us two. So we got the idea of an old-school FF RP after the FF7 one failed (twice.) He handwrote everything out and helped brainstorm the villain, motives, and all that. I actually came across his notes a couple days ago when I was going through my art folder, found it and some sketches he made of his original character. Talking about the RP back when it was still on MVC too. lol
                        Didn't we try and do one in MVC? I don't really remember.

Comment

Didn't we try and do one in MVC? I don't really remember.
                          Yeah, I actually just found the original topic. It made it all of two pages before it died. I also just lied to you, Tyler wasn't involved in the original Utionem RP. He worked with me on the FF7 RP back in 2012 and then he helped me put this one together.

I thought his character sketched looked a bit out of place for an old school FF7 RP. Now I realize they were of his SOLDIER for the FF7 one we were doing. haha

Comment

I mostly just remember remember that I based Ju-Long on a mix between Chase Young from Shaolin Showdown and Roy from Fire Emblem and Xu-Shen was Master Asia mixed with something like an Asian David Xanatos but a lot nicer than both. I wanted them to look unapologetically Asian, but kinda pan-Asian with a heavier lean towards Chinese; even though Ju-Long is probably more like a Korean name, I guess. I just like making characters, lol.

Also, didn’t I help you come up with the name Ultionem Crystallis?
                            Last edited by Tyler_D; November 23rd, 2018, 01:22 AM.

Comment

Cirrus just put some gil on the counter
                              I completely forgot that's the name of the currency

Originally posted by Kajin_Style ;n507543
                              This is what your racist, pepe memes get you. Death. Death of innocents.

Comment

• Cid
                                Cid commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Feel free to show up in the bar or at the beach or something to begin an interaction with one of the group members. Either that or you can wait and turn into a stowaway. If you've got any specific ideas for how you want a meeting to go, feel free to PM me and we can hash it out.

• Mister Gold
                                Mister Gold commented
                                Editing a comment
                                actually the stowaway thing sounds good, I'm pretty busy atm so a small postponement is convenient

• Cid
                                Cid commented
                                Editing a comment
                                That sounds good to me, mate.

I mostly just remember remember that I based Ju-Long on a mix between Chase Young from Shaolin Showdown and Roy from Fire Emblem and Xu-Shen was Master Asia mixed with something like an Asian David Xanatos but a lot nicer than both. I wanted them to look unapologetically Asian, but kinda pan-Asian with a heavier lean towards Chinese; even though Ju-Long is probably more like a Korean name, I guess. I just like making characters, lol.

Also, didn’t I help you come up with the name Ultionem Crystallis?
                              No idea if you did or didn't, honestly. I don't remember if you were involved at all in the original RP. You never posted in the OOC or RP topics, as far as I can tell.

Comment

I drew Volt!

It isn't a drawing that is possibly good by your standards, but I am not that good at drawing in my opinion.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Henry the Slowbruh View Post
                                  I drew Volt!

It isn't a drawing that is possibly good by your standards, but I am not that good at drawing in my opinion.
                                  He's going super saiyan and he has short arm disease

Comment

I drew Volt!

Huh... Did he have long hair initially? I thought his hair was short. lol

-edit-

Oh, it says medium length. I guess I turned him into Sabin in my head.
                                    Last edited by Cid; November 23rd, 2018, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Huh... Did he have long hair initially? I thought his hair was short. lol

-edit-

Oh, it says medium length. I guess I turned him into Sabin in my head.
                                      Ironically I just realized that must be who my guy was inspired from. I do tend to write or draw things that I forgot appearantly exist until I'm reminded, like when I made my Harumaru Oc and he turned out to be a subconscious memory of an actual anime character named Haru.

Comment

Ironically I just realized that must be who my guy was inspired from. I do tend to write or draw things that I forgot appearantly exist until I'm reminded, like when I made my Harumaru Oc and he turned out to be a subconscious memory of an actual anime character named Haru.
                                        We all have our inspirations. For the last couple years, I thought that I created Alistair with inspiration from the "Arrow" TV series. I was pretty surprised to learn just last night that I created Alistair a full year before Arrow even began to air. So I'm not sure where my inspiration came from since I was never into the DC cartoons or comics. But I'm sure I picked up his general character traits from somewhere. Few characters are completely original.

Comment

Working...
                                        X