Ultionem Crystallis - Sign-Ups and OOC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post

I don't want to come off as an asshole, but a lot of your posts came off as half-assed.
    Goji just isn't as seasoned as we are. As his mommy I insist you include him, I simply won't take no for an answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin King Ghidorah View Post

???

I don't see how they would look like I only put half effort in.
      You've got a few issues.

1. You like to try and godmod. I was able to turn most of your stuff around so that it didn't interfere with the story, but it's annoying.
      2. Your grammar isn't great and a lot of times, your posts will have a couple errors that make it tough to understand.
      3. Your better posts tend to be the short ones that are only a few sentences long. That's not a compliment.

One thing you can do to help (other than trying not to force everything to work the way you want it to) is to proof read your post two or three times before posting it to the site. Make sure it makes sense to you before making us try to make sense of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post

You've got a few issues.

1. You like to try and godmod. I was able to turn most of your stuff around so that it didn't interfere with the story, but it's annoying.
        2. Your grammar isn't great and a lot of times, your posts will have a couple errors that make it tough to understand.
        3. Your better posts tend to be the short ones that are only a few sentences long. That's not a compliment.

One thing you can do to help (other than trying not to force everything to work the way you want it to) is to proof read your post two or three times before posting it to the site. Make sure it makes sense to you before making us try to make sense of it.
        1. Oh...
        2. I can work on that.
        3. I will definitely use that to make better posts.

Comment

1. Oh...
          2. I can work on that.
          You're so mature and evolved, mommy's so proud

Comment

1. Oh...
            2. I can work on that.
            Also, don't make posts that are only a couple sentences long. If you can't think of anything to do, it's best to wait for someone else to do something that gives you a bit more freedom. When you have a post that's one or two sentences, it can completely change the situation in-RP but then you don't leave the next poster much to work with and that tends to mean your post will largely get ignored. Aim for a paragraph at minimum.

Comment

Oh, Kevin King Ghidorah one more thing. Can you promise you'll be active enough on the site to post regularly?

And just an aside, did you finish your trial or no?
              Originally posted by Wade
              Everything is hidden in plain sight, like in Men in Black. We've all just been neuralized to think it is "normal".

Comment

???

I don't see how they would look like I only put half effort in.
              a good rule of thumb is to watch an anime and then have your character do stuff that you see in the anime

Comment

So how's that update post looking?
                Everything is hidden in plain sight, like in Men in Black. We've all just been neuralized to think it is "normal".

Comment

So how's that update post looking?
                  It isn't. #RiPUC

Comment

I'm gonna cry

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post

Also, don't make posts that are only a couple sentences long. If you can't think of anything to do, it's best to wait for someone else to do something that gives you a bit more freedom. When you have a post that's one or two sentences, it can completely change the situation in-RP but then you don't leave the next poster much to work with and that tends to mean your post will largely get ignored. Aim for a paragraph at minimum.
                      Understood

Comment

Cid Post-Crisis Shob and Helly in particular
                        ​​​​​​​I realized recently that I think I've put more thought into developing Cirrus in general than any other individual character, probably. Just out of curiosity, how did you guys think I did playing the part? I want to do more with him, but I wanna know if he was a good character.

I know I got pretty heavy-handed with the trauma thing, but I don't know if it was too much, or maybe too little, or if I was just missing something. I'd love some feedback, anyway.

Comment

you can have your guy reincarnated for the FF7 RP

Comment

Originally posted by The Poster Formerly Known as Teal View Post
                            you can have your guy reincarnated for the FF7 RP
                            If that happens I'm being a cyborg clone Blackrose

Comment

Cid Post-Crisis Shob and Helly in particular
                              I realized recently that I think I've put more thought into developing Cirrus in general than any other individual character, probably. Just out of curiosity, how did you guys think I did playing the part? I want to do more with him, but I wanna know if he was a good character.

I know I got pretty heavy-handed with the trauma thing, but I don't know if it was too much, or maybe too little, or if I was just missing something. I'd love some feedback, anyway.
                              I'll have to go back and read everything in full detail, but I do think it's important to have an obstacle for your character. This can give them certain habits and characteristics that can distinguish them from the party because of how it will impact your interactions. It won't always be a centrepiece, but even small things like how you phrase things can give an indication of a type of mindset and how it starts to evolve. From what I recall of Cyrus - keep in mind though I havent been in this RP for very long - it didn't really seem like there was too much going on except during the attack by the enemy lancer. That was really the only instance I think I was in the RP where I saw some insight into his character. Again though I havent been here for very long, idk if there were other clues to his history before that night.

Comment

Originally posted by Helly View Post

I'll have to go back and read everything in full detail, but I do think it's important to have an obstacle for your character. This can give them certain habits and characteristics that can distinguish them from the party because of how it will impact your interactions. It won't always be a centrepiece, but even small things like how you phrase things can give an indication of a type of mindset and how it starts to evolve. From what I recall of Cyrus - keep in mind though I havent been in this RP for very long - it didn't really seem like there was too much going on except during the attack by the enemy lancer. That was really the only instance I think I was in the RP where I saw some insight into his character. Again though I havent been here for very long, idk if there were other clues to his history before that night.
                                His obstacle was always clear to me- despite being a skilled warrior, he was barely an adult, and at the beginning of the RP his hometown was decimated by dark magic. His mind wasn't ready for that, and he spent the rest of the RP struggling to even process what happened. He was basically forced into a quest, and for the rest of the time he did what he had to, to keep moving forward. He took things one step at a time, focused on the moment to moment stuff instead of where they came from and where they were going. That all came to fruition in the last few posts, when he had to actually confront the reality of his past.

I think the idea works, and there's a lot of depth and subtlety to be had there. I guess my big problem was the execution. I was really self-conscious about how angsty I thought the character should be, so I'm worried that I toned him down too much in places, or that it was too in-your-face in others... especially with the last few posts.

Comment

His obstacle was always clear to me- despite being a skilled warrior, he was barely an adult, and at the beginning of the RP his hometown was decimated by dark magic. His mind wasn't ready for that, and he spent the rest of the RP struggling to even process what happened. He was basically forced into a quest, and for the rest of the time he did what he had to, to keep moving forward. He took things one step at a time, focused on the moment to moment stuff instead of where they came from and where they were going. That all came to fruition in the last few posts, when he had to actually confront the reality of his past.

I think the idea works, and there's a lot of depth and subtlety to be had there. I guess my big problem was the execution. I was really self-conscious about how angsty I thought the character should be, so I'm worried that I toned him down too much in places, or that it was too in-your-face in others... especially with the last few posts.
                                  It was definitely alot more overt in the more recent posts, ye, but considering he was faced with someone from his past it's understandable looking back at it. I did get the overall vibe that Cyrus was pretty new to the idea of adventuring. Overall about the whole angst thing, it really depends on who Cyrus is as an entity in a vacuum. People will react differently in different situations and be impacted by events differently. If Cyrus is more the type of person to be motivated by virtue, his reaction to it will be far different than if he were to be motivated by guilt, and his path forwards would look pretty distinct - even if both of those versions would fall on the side of 'good'.
                                  Last edited by Helly; March 21st, 2020, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                  X