RP Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alphamon View Post
    Chances are we need to do an Rp that we haven't done yet, but has something each of us would like in it. Would anyone be up for an Legend of Zelda Rp?

Had an interesting idea for it too that uses the current history in it, but I want opinions first. We could go with the Hyrule Warriors route too, with many main heroes and not just Link.
    How about we not use a popular franchise and make something original

Comment

Are there any Rp sites that does Gundam?

Comment

Are there any Rp sites that does Gundam?
        So you're more set on the gundam thing than the members here

That explains a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post

So you're more set on the gundam thing than the members here

That explains a lot.
          I just am in a Gundam mood right now.

Comment

I just am in a Gundam mood right now.
            I'll play gundam dude I just don't know that much about it

Comment

Jesus, am I having problems with this next segment of d&d that I'm planning for my irl buddies.

We're doing a campaign as a spiritcaller and her ghostly companions navigating a mid-zombie-apocalypse setting. Well, they found a town that's super anti magic but fairly well-protected by their God (a god that loves clerics and paladins but scorns wizards and druids), I just need to consider what to do of they get caught by the guards...

I was going to plan out this whole thing where they meet an old hero that saved the world before, but I guess I might hold off on that appearance. After all, we just met one of her old party members and we're headed to see another one. Maybe that whole scene should be put off until later...

Comment

gonna retool one of my old characters and post it here
                Originally posted by Wade;n484984
                As Bill Cosby once said, "I brought you into this world, and I can take you out."

Comment

Originally posted by Max View Post
                  gonna retool one of my old characters and post it here
                  That would be lovely.

Comment

Kyo

PHYSICAL ATTRIBUTES

Species: Human

Height: 5’9

Weight: 165 lbs

Body type: Slim/muscular

Skin colour: Fair

Eye colour: Green

Hair colour: Brownish-orange

Hair style: Short-medium length

Tattoos: None

Piercings: None

PERSONAL DETAILS

Aliases: The Red Dragon, "Firecrotch" to Ren and Mao

Alignment: Lawful Evil

Orientation: Hetrosexual

Marital status: Engaged

Date of birth: Unknown

Place of birth: Unknown

Current residence: None, constantly on the move

Class: Mage, Lancer, Fighter

SOCIAL INFORMATION

I.Q.: 136

Education level: High School, though studies on his own frequently

Languages spoken: Primarily English though studies Spanish, French, Japanese, Chinese, and German.

Ethnicity: Asian, Caucasian

Religion: Agnostic

Political affiliation: none, though has authoritarian views

Fields of Interest: The Occult

Occupations: None

Social class: Mid-high

MEDICAL DETAILS

Blood type: B

Smoking habit: None

Drinking habit: None

Drug use: None

Prescriptions: None

Disabilities: None

Diet plan: Vegetarian

UNIQUE ITEMS

Soul Armament: Gigas Cloak - A failed prototype of a magical weapon created by The Ancients in order to recreate the original Zero Weapon. The cloak is capable of enveloping and merging with the user to adapt to any environment, element, attack, or concept the user chooses, the complexity of which depending on the ability of the user and the amount of ki/mana the user possesses. While this weapon can theoretically be used to adapt to anything, a single use of this ability is enough to drain Kyo of most of his mana, and maintaining it requires a great deal of concentration; If not careful, his soul will be consumed by the cloak and lost forever. Transformation requires the weapon to have contact with the thing the user wants it to adapt to. This weapon is purely ethereal, and has no true physical form; the size and shape it takes is limited to the imagination, and ability of the user. Activating it on a smaller scale will cost less energy while using it on a larger scale will cost more energy and put more strain on the user.

Soulcleaver - A scythe composed entirely of souls that can cut through most physical objects with ease, with the exception of weapons imbued with magic or any other form of spiritual energy, and can damage opponents on a spiritual level.

ABILITIES AND WEAKNESSES

Elemental Magic - Can use elemental magic to create and manipulate fire, earth, water, and wind. While he’s mastered the use of each element to a certain extent, manipulating these elements on a large scale requires a good amount of mana and preparation. His specialty is fire.

Psychic - Can communicate with others telepathically, and can forcefully levitate and exert force on any object, though the strength of this depends on the distance between him and his target. While he can communicate with others across large distances, he only has enough mastery of this ability to physically affect things within a 10 meter radius of him. While he can theoretically lift or crush any object with this ability the larger the object, the more energy he would need to put into levitating it. Naturally, attempting to levitate something the size of a large building without any help would kill him and doing something like crushing someone's skull is doable but requires enough focus that attempting to do so would leave an opening for any opponent worth their salt.

Sixth Sense - A passive ability that allows him to interact with spirits and sense spiritual energy. Has mastered this to the point that he can accurately pinpoint the location of any living or dead soul within a 500 meter radius of him that isn’t being concealed or suppressed by some sort of ability. While he can use this ability to detect souls from greater distances, doing so would strain his other senses and leave him vulnerable.

Ki Manipulation - The manipulation of spiritual energy on a small scale, whether that be his own or the energy of other beings. He mainly uses this ability to strengthen his own physical attacks or to disrupt the energy of those he comes in contact with, which would hinder the magical and spiritual abilities of the target depending on the strength of said target though the effectiveness of this depends on the strength and skill of the target, he can however also use this ability to transfer his own energy to other living beings and objects.

Soul Manipulation - Can interact with souls and use the souls he’s collected in battle for a variety of uses. Can use them to cross into the physical plane to attack the opponent, while manipulating the shape of said souls. He can also use the souls to scout the battlefield, acting as a second pair of eyes and ears.

Summoning/Transformation : Dragon - Can summon a large red dragon via soul contract to aid him in battle. This dragon is about as big as a large house, and can fly and breathe fire using magic. He can fuse parts of his body with the dragon’s to gain its strength and abilities and vice versa

Physical Abilities - As a result of his training, he possesses a peak-human level of strength, agility, and stamina. Along with these strengths, due to his knowledge of martial arts, he is a powerful close combat fighter.

PERSONALITY

Calm, polite and naturally amiable towards most people, even towards those he considers his enemies. However, Kyo is cold and pragmatic to the point where he’ll sacrifice countless lives to achieve his goals without a second thought, and a careful and meticulous planner and manipulator. Naturally prideful and self-righteous to the point of narcissism and extremely playful and dismissive towards those whose abilities he considers are beneath him. To people he considers to be near or above his level, he maintains a more reserved demeanor.

Last edited by Max; July 11th, 2018, 08:07 PM.
                    Originally posted by Wade;n484984
                    As Bill Cosby once said, "I brought you into this world, and I can take you out."

Comment

</does a spontaneous stalk to see what's thingening.>

Comment

Originally posted by Tyreaus View Post
                        </does a spontaneous stalk to see what's thingening.>
                        Aside from Wade surprisingly heading a sort-of D&D game, ain't nothing going on dude.

Always good to see you here, though.

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post

Aside from Wade surprisingly heading a sort-of D&D game, ain't nothing going on dude.

Always good to see you here, though.
                          Oh. Well, it's a good thing I brought these explosives, then.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyreaus View Post

Oh. Well, it's a good thing I brought these explosives, then.
                            That'll both make things very interesting AND clear out some space, so yes please.

Just build around the Fate RPs And maybe go around the Final Fantasy on, Just in case.
                            Last edited by OrganizationXV; July 22nd, 2018, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Hi! I was wondering if anyone would like to hear about a Rp I had been thinking about for a while. I was absent due to taking a break, as well as having writers block, but I'm good to go now!

Comment

Hi! I was wondering if anyone would like to hear about a Rp I had been thinking about for a while. I was absent due to taking a break, as well as having writers block, but I'm good to go now!
                                Let's hear it

Comment

Hold on, misclick!

Comment

Hold on, misclick!
                                    Oof

Comment

The year is 2050, the distant future where humanity has started colonizing on the neighboring planet Mars. On Mars, the colony built there was attacked by an unknown enemy, and reduced to mostly ruins. The UNSC (United Nations Space Center) was in charge of sending and retrieving messages from the colony, and received the colony's distress call, before the call ended with an eerie roar and static. The head of the UNSC would consult with the worlds leaders for a plan of action, and after discussing and a unanimous vote, the head of UNSC would gather an investigation team of 5 people to investigate. Meanwhile, in another part of the world, a expedition on a newly discovered island was being done. Several scientists would discover a ruin that would hold ancient paintings showing a strange dragon like creature that had three horns on it's head, and stood upright on it's hind legs, attacking cities and setting drawings of humans on fire with it's breath. The head scientist would then conclude that the paintings were some sort of warning. They continued deeper into the ruin to find another painting. This showed several humans, one each of a different color of the rainbow, with a drawing of a unknown creature behind each one. The Red person had a creature resembling a pteranodon behind it, the blue had a moth like creature. Yellow had a humanoid dog, and orange had an Ankylosaur like creature. Indigo had a serpentine Chinese Dragon, and violet had a dinosaur like creature with ears similar to a wide eared rabit. In the center was a green human with a therapod dinosaur that had spikes similar to Christmas tree branches. It appeared as if those humans and the creatures were fighting the wicked dragon to save the earth. Taking pictures of the paintings, the group of scientists would head back to their lab to study and figure out what the pictures were predicting. During this time, a ship with the investigation team arrived at the ruins on Mars, to figure out what happened there, but they didn't have long to investigate because they were then attacked by what attacked the colony earlier, a monster with three horns on it's face that resembled the one on the cave painting. The investigation team were all killed, as the monster then changed its appearance to a masked humanoid wearing black and white armor. Its mask was designed to have eye holes resembling flames on it, with red lenses, as it then took the ship and flew towards earth, and crash-landed on a island that was located far south from the island with the ruins. The humanoid then began it's work and summoned a ball of green fire and tossed it to the ground, creating a group of monstrous creatures the size of humans.

Two months later, on a cloudy night, seven different humans, 5 boys and two girls in Tokyo, Japan had a vision in a dream that showed the city being destroyed and enveloped in a sea of fire......

This is the start plot of the Rp.

Comment

The year is 2050, the distant future where humanity has started colonizing on the neighboring planet Mars. On Mars, the colony built there was attacked by an unknown enemy, and reduced to mostly ruins. The UNSC (United Nations Space Center) was in charge of sending and retrieving messages from the colony, and received the colony's distress call, before the call ended with an eerie roar and static. The head of the UNSC would consult with the worlds leaders for a plan of action, and after discussing and a unanimous vote, the head of UNSC would gather an investigation team of 5 people to investigate. Meanwhile, in another part of the world, a expedition on a newly discovered island was being done. Several scientists would discover a ruin that would hold ancient paintings showing a strange dragon like creature that had three horns on it's head, and stood upright on it's hind legs, attacking cities and setting drawings of humans on fire with it's breath. The head scientist would then conclude that the paintings were some sort of warning. They continued deeper into the ruin to find another painting. This showed several humans, one each of a different color of the rainbow, with a drawing of a unknown creature behind each one. The Red person had a creature resembling a pteranodon behind it, the blue had a moth like creature. Yellow had a humanoid dog, and orange had an Ankylosaur like creature. Indigo had a serpentine Chinese Dragon, and violet had a dinosaur like creature with ears similar to a wide eared rabit. In the center was a green human with a therapod dinosaur that had spikes similar to Christmas tree branches. It appeared as if those humans and the creatures were fighting the wicked dragon to save the earth. Taking pictures of the paintings, the group of scientists would head back to their lab to study and figure out what the pictures were predicting. During this time, a ship with the investigation team arrived at the ruins on Mars, to figure out what happened there, but they didn't have long to investigate because they were then attacked by what attacked the colony earlier, a monster with three horns on it's face that resembled the one on the cave painting. The investigation team were all killed, as the monster then changed its appearance to a masked humanoid wearing black and white armor. Its mask was designed to have eye holes resembling flames on it, with red lenses, as it then took the ship and flew towards earth, and crash-landed on a island that was located far south from the island with the ruins. The humanoid then began it's work and summoned a ball of green fire and tossed it to the ground, creating a group of monstrous creatures the size of humans.

Two months later, on a cloudy night, seven different humans, 5 boys and two girls in Tokyo, Japan had a vision in a dream that showed the city being destroyed and enveloped in a sea of fire......

This is the start plot of the Rp.
                                        So power rangers. I dig it, I call violet ranger.

Comment

Originally posted by Mae Borowski View Post

So power rangers. I dig it, I call violet ranger.
                                          Actually, it's more like a tokusatsu Anime/Live Action Rp. Main inspiration comes from the Godzilla franchise. Now the history that came before the current date in the Rp, I will do my best to explain.

Millions of years ago, before the Ice Age, but after humanity learned how to use weapons and hunt for food, there was a separate race of humans that had a unique ability. These humans, when born, had a creature similar to a familiar born a couple feet away from the newborn, and as the human grew up, so did their familiar also grow in size. These familiars resembled creatures that are normally seen in life, but there are exceptions (Such as the therapod dinosaur and the pteranodon). Familiars can grow to be as tall as 150 meters tall, but their human partners can will them to stay at the size of a normal human. The familiars also helped these humans with hunting, and if a fight broke out between them and another tribe, they would fight the enemy tribe with fierce and violent force. It was 1000 years after the pyramids of Giza were built that these humans and their familiars had established a land of their own to live at, located somewhere on the continent of Asia and be at peace, until the exile was born.

The Exile was not a normal master of his own familiar. When born, the childs familiar was born, but it was not a familiar the humans would recognize from living or long since dead creatures. It resembled a demonic Dragon, with one side of its face and body being white, the other being black. It had glowing blood red eyes. The humans who witnessed the birth thought it was a bad omen, but the laws of their land forbid them from killing the familiar, even if it looked evil. The boy and his familiar grew up until the boy reached the age of 16, when the race was met by a group of humans who had no familiars, and wore strange metal plating on their bodies. They also carried weapons that resembled large knives. The person leading them would ask normal questions like where they were, what are the creatures they were living with, and if they would like to be a part of a kingdom they were expanding. The tribes leader politely declined, but the teen with the demon Dragon familiar was curious and asked about the kingdom. He learned of things like war and kings and lands with many riches. The boy thought it sounded interesting and attempted to change the tribe learder's mind, but the leader said no. The group of strangers left, but the boy secretly snuck off from the tribe to join them, and along with his familiar, aided the kingdom the armored warriors belonged to in conquering the nearby kingdoms. It was easy since the boy had his familiar enlarge to full size, being 150 meters tall, and smited any opposing forces that got in their way. The boy was hailed as a hero and the king would invite him to the royal banquets, and discuss about kingdom expansion, when the boy made a suggestion to invade his old home. The king would send a huge invasion force with the boy to help convince the natives to join the kingdom. A huge war broke out, as the natives who were able to fight would have their familiars take down many of the opposing forces, and they also utilized gurrilla warfare, using the surrounding environment, being mainly forests and swamps, for ambush setups and traps. The tribe did have some trouble with the traitor, but they managed to defeat him, but the traitor did something unexpected. He somehow had his familiar infuse into his being, and he would then say that he will return to destroy them, as he vanished into a cloud of gold dust. The tribe was frightened, realizing that the traitor would be more powerful if he returned, so the tribe had to separate, and hide amongst the normal humans, hoping to escape this Fate, but a few would make a prophecy about the future, where their descendents would have to fight the traitor and his dragon.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                          Auto-Saved
                                          x
                                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                          x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
                                          Working...
                                          X