Hellymas,Nov 2019 - - - - - - - - WHEREVER I MAY ROAAAAAAM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hellymas,Nov 2019 - - - - - - - - WHEREVER I MAY ROAAAAAAM

i may or may not update this with a cool art-thing since this is a character piece idk

this is a symphonic-metal song written in various oriental / middle eastern scales and prominently features what is often called the "egyptian" scale. I took a tad bit of inspiration from Nier Automata's Possessed By A Disease for, like, textural choices such as the type of sound I wanted for the backup vocals.

this is technically finished but i do plan on getting a session singer(s) on this for when I have the full EP written up and ready to go....but tell me what you guys think of it so far

Sands Of Eternity
    https://clyp.it/behn0dtb

Cid Chara OrganizationXV Max Thar and DokTOR. i guess, because he apparently likes middle eastern scales for some reason
    Last edited by Helly; November 18th, 2019, 05:13 PM.

I'm actually listening to this one. :D

-edit-

Well, it's certainly interesting. I find the "vocals" to be incredibly distracting purely because of how bad it sounds. The actual melody is good and gives off that Egyptian vibe pretty well, though. When you get a real vocalist on the track, I'm sure it'll be awesome.
    Last edited by Cid; November 18th, 2019, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post
      I'm actually listening to this one. :D

-edit-

Well, it's certainly interesting. I find the "vocals" to be incredibly distracting purely because of how bad it sounds. The actual melody is good and gives off that Egyptian vibe pretty well, though. When you get a real vocalist on the track, I'm sure it'll be awesome.
      ye, I've tried substituting the Alterego vst for something else but as strange as it sounds nothing can really serve as a stand-in for vocals - even low quality vocals. The vowels and consonants just deliver another layer to the soundscape that really drive the melodies home.

defs gonna have to get a singer for this EP - two or more, most likely. one with a really nasally girly voice for the backup, the other with a harsher bassy edge for the leads and the existentialist speech at the end

Comment

That's pretty dope, I like the backwards speak. Sounds like some badass boss music or riding music like for a race

Comment

Very epic. If i was to critique anything, maybe EQ the drums a bit to raise the low end, that'll give it a lot more body, especially the blast beats. Also, maybe try to bring back one or two musical motifs in the later part, or the end of the song, really helps kinda round out the arrangement.
          Very cool use of the vocals though. I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chara View Post
            That's pretty dope, I like the backwards speak. Sounds like some badass boss music or riding music like for a race
            thx, it is actually a character song for an antagonist im workin on. there are some lore memes i might go into at some point, most likely in one of my art threads if not in this one

its not backwards speak btw, the vocal synth is just so bad that the words are completely unintelligible lol

Originally posted by Domino Man View Post
            Very epic. If i was to critique anything, maybe EQ the drums a bit to raise the low end, that'll give it a lot more body, especially the blast beats. Also, maybe try to bring back one or two musical motifs in the later part, or the end of the song, really helps kinda round out the arrangement.
            Very cool use of the vocals though. I like it.
            glad ya liked it =) ye, Im not very apt at motifs lol, it might be one of the reasons my shit goes on for 7+ minutes. My improvisation just gets way ahead of me at times. That said, I did try a bit of that here with the quick 4-note sequence that happens at the very end of the first guitar solo. I will try for longer ones in later pieces

Comment

Originally posted by Helly View Post

thx, it is actually a character song for an antagonist im workin on. there are some lore memes i might go into at some point, most likely in one of my art threads if not in this one

its not backwards speak btw, the vocal synth is just so bad that the words are completely unintelligible lol
              Oh nice lmao bad vocals is good. Also the antagonist should talk like that, it would be unique

Comment

Originally posted by Chara View Post

Oh nice lmao bad vocals is good. Also the antagonist should talk like that, it would be unique
                i do have one main antagonist that takes alot of inspiration from the HIM villain from powerpuff girls who will have all kinds of crazy vocal effects going on to convey her pure malice and insanity but it's not this one. Elhant is more the incarnation of time and decay. She is an eternal witness to creation and destruction, an eater of worlds....in this song, the lyrics speak as if she were the earth itself come to return her children to their slumber, wearing down their flesh, their societies, and even their gods. This is laid out ominously in the final lines of the dialogue at the end:

All are made equal through my judgment, and in time all creation will be as one;

As the sands fall through the stone hands of your idols, and the rocks erode on the winds of change to find for me a new kingdom

Comment

I listened to it yesterday. I like this, for sure.

I'm gonna have to give it another run through to have anything more substantial to say though.
                  Originally posted by Wade
                  Everything is hidden in plain sight, like in Men in Black. We've all just been neuralized to think it is "normal".

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post
                    I listened to it yesterday. I like this, for sure.

I'm gonna have to give it another run through to have anything more substantial to say though.
                    glad to hear et =) i await your feedback eagerly!

Comment

Originally posted by Helly View Post

i do have one main antagonist that takes alot of inspiration from the HIM villain from powerpuff girls who will have all kinds of crazy vocal effects going on to convey her pure malice and insanity but it's not this one. Elhant is more the incarnation of time and decay. She is an eternal witness to creation and destruction, an eater of worlds....in this song, the lyrics speak as if she were the earth itself come to return her children to their slumber, wearing down their flesh, their societies, and even their gods. This is laid out ominously in the final lines of the dialogue at the end:

All are made equal through my judgment, and in time all creation will be as one;

As the sands fall through the stone hands of your idols, and the rocks erode on the winds of change to find for me a new kingdom
                      I kinda have an idea for a villain now

Comment

Not bad. The voices were a nice touch. Seems like nice mellow music I could play in my spare time.

Comment

Working...
                        X