Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hellymas, August 2019 ------ AND SHE'S BUUUUUUUYING A STARWAAaayyyy.....to heaven....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hellymas, August 2019 ------ AND SHE'S BUUUUUUUYING A STARWAAaayyyy.....to heaven....

its the 31st u fukken sluts, o ye u kno what that means, its time for another epic installment of GODMAS

lets NOT even fuck around, lets JUST get right into it ok, here we have 3 incomplete works from my 143rd studio album, project name "Celeste", an album about dealing with death, as well as another based on the character idea that sort of kicked this whole thing off.....the first and fourth, they have lyrics which i will provide and explain insofar as they have been deemed an acceptable thing to go into.

This first one, it has been titled "Electric Skies" and it is shaping up to be an EPIC fucking cornerstone of this project, an 8-minute mesh of serenity, sadness, acceptance, happiness, and hope....The lyrics are pretty self-explanatory, though i have only finished a few stanzas(the rest are just placeholder syllables or choir vocals). Instrumentation-wise, it is something of a melding of various styles that I quite like. Particularly, it takes influence from John Lennon's Imagine, Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody, and Led Zeppelin's Stairway To Heaven.....

Unfortunately, the vocal track got FUCKED somehow for this one, and i cant spend 2 more hours tryig to figure out whats wrong lol, so you will have to meter out the lyrics for yourselves and ignore the syllables that the AlterEgo VST is enunciating......

Electric Skies

https://clyp.it/fyonzfaq

Lyrics:
    (verse)

I walk beside the open casket
    Memories shimmer up at me
    [...and then a bunch of placeholders lol]

(outro)

If there's a heaven in the clouds
    And I wake up to that truth
    I just hope to glimpse you there
    Running through fields of gold

And if the angels would allow
    Me to see this truth, then I
    Will accept my penalty

:'(

Heartstrings

Not much to say here, just a cool idea for an instrumental. its one of my earlier experiments, so i go pretty wild with the tonality lol.

https://clyp.it/0aujhqwh

In Her Country(St Jerusa)

Now, THIS....I think ALL of you are gonna like THIS one. There is alot of Old Helly to be found here....

The previous installment of Hellymas featured a couple of tracks that focused on a character I had named "Jerusalem". I have since changed it to just "Jerusa", because it is pretty and cute. Quite unlike the other two from the previous month, this track is very calming. Canonically, in the story I'm writing, this piece is composed by an orphan Jerusa had saved from a terrible life and brought into one of the Judeo-Christian faiths.

This is true of all the posts here today, but I feel the need to point it out here as I know how popular this style was back when I was writing in it alot: this IS available for DOWNLOAD, if anoyne wants it. Completely free of charge, just get it if you wanna have something to put on when you're drawing or doing homework or whatever, srs i am flattered any time someone decides to download one of these, its the highest compliment anyone could pay to me.

https://clyp.it/monwfbla

Home

I say this every time, it feels like, lol. but this is quite special to me, because of how interwoven it is with so many meanings and introspections from my life and my experiences.

The whole thing is a triple entendre....one side tells the story of a mother and her child lost in the woods trying to get home. Another side tells of a much older version of that child visiting their mother's grave and trying to find some guidance in a trying time. The third, and final layer which brings this all together, is that this whole thing is an allegory for life and death. In particular, this line:

Reminiscent of, A ghost swaying in autumn

Brings about the whole thing to various levels of cross-revelation. This is a mother seeing a fleeting phantasm of the helpless child they had once held in their arms as they come into a moment of maturation, but it's also a reference to how autumn is the period in time where the old leaves fall to the ground, to give their lives to feed the familial tree from which they fell and provide life for the future generation. In that way, everything is revealed to the mother and child, all layers of this triple entendre, albeit at different periods of time....god, its such a beautiful line, endless in depth. the whole song is, really, but i'll leave it up to you all to decipher the rest of it. such a great song, such an amazing song....

here are the lyrics in full:
    Done with all ye can say
    No more word left to pray(home)
    O, silence of stone
    No comfort save for this breeze(home)
    Floating between the trees

Light of my heart
    Enshrined
    see us through these wounding paths of wood
    Reminiscent of
    A ghost swaying in autumn

Done all that ye can
    Whispers float through the grove
    See us, now that we're near,
    Home
    Flowers dance and sway
    Fallen shadows give way
    No tears now, my dear child
    Home

https://clyp.it/lhcxczjk

whew...

Chara Cid Thar OrganizationXV Mr.Sunshine P408370R

this next month, helly's gonna be takin a break from the hellymas things, mainly to focus on completing the patreon stuff but also because I want to be able to deliver even more completed works. in particular, i want to focus on finishing the first 4 movements of my legendary Dark Eden symphony.....hopefully, after much waiting it will finally be ready by October's Hellymas
    Last edited by Helly; August 31st, 2019, 03:34 PM.

oh, and also Max keep forgetting he likes metal lol

Comment

Buckethead - The other side of the dark

Comment

hmm.....Clyp counts how many unique plays each track gets, thats interesting. i hadnt noticed it before lol, how very useful. In Her Country has the highest score thus far with 16, nice =)

how they got there is a mystery though. Surely there arent 16 active members on T5 lol. the homepage just has featured tracks.....and i am NOT a featured artist, not yet anyway

Originally posted by Beholder View Post
        Buckethead - The other side of the dark
        BH is an ok dude but nah these are all pretty far removed from that style.

Comment

Originally posted by Helly View Post

BH is an ok dude but nah these are all pretty far removed from that style.
          I didn't read your post

Comment

• Helly
            Helly commented
            Editing a comment
            uh ok

Got some shit going on, so I don't much feel up to listening to everything or even one one of them completely. But I sampled Home a bit and from the 30 seconds or so I listened, I'm loving it. The Guitar sounds great, much better than previous songs with guitars. The vocals are awful, but that's just the program. If you had a human laying down those lyrics, I think it'd be amazing. Love the lyrics as well, dude. I still maintain that you've got a gift. And even if I can't fully enjoy everything you do, I'm honored to still be part of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post
            Got some shit going on, so I don't much feel up to listening to everything or even one one of them completely. But I sampled Home a bit and from the 30 seconds or so I listened, I'm loving it. The Guitar sounds great, much better than previous songs with guitars. The vocals are awful, but that's just the program. If you had a human laying down those lyrics, I think it'd be amazing. Love the lyrics as well, dude. I still maintain that you've got a gift. And even if I can't fully enjoy everything you do, I'm honored to still be part of it.
            that is fine, i do hope you listen to them at some point though because it would greatly abate the guilt i feel taking money for doing something that is just fun for me lol

ye, im gonna have to find a girly to do the bits in Home The first one, tho.....there is a very high chance that yall will hear me on the first one heheh, I just need to see if my voice is still good after all these years of not practicing and then get a good enough mic

Comment

Originally posted by Helly View Post
              ~Snip~
              Personally, I felt that Home was more impactful that In Her Country (St Jerusa) as I was more engaged in the story conveyed in the piece, while
              In Her Country (St Jerusa) possessed an aesthetic pull-factor that drew me in.

Electric Skies was phenomenal- I truly loved it.

Heartstrings is bizarre, but in a good way.

Hopefully, my horribly late advise can be of use to you, even after all this time.

You can do it! Never give up, and continue to do your best!

I'm extremely proud of you, Helly. ^_^

Comment

Working...
              X