• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hellymas Day 3.5 : MUH BANDCAMP DEBUT

A few words on this track, because its setting a couple milestones:

1.) its my first completed "serious" piece
    2.) its my first upload to bandcamp

:)

Very excited about this one, honestly. This is a fun little prog metal piece, used to be 9:16 but it's shorter now because I've decided to use the outed section(as well as several others) in the sequal to this one, which should pop up in the next two months or so. It's based on a character that some of you may be familiar with, one of the protagonists from my WIP universe. Aeshima is - as this song will detail - a many-sided tesseract with attributes so complex that I could not detail all of them here. This is simply an overview of her charactter - an endearing, ingenious, playful, and yet still mysterious figure. In my Silver Maiden demo, I wrote a scene from her early adolescence / late childhood that marked her coming-of-age in a deathly battle against a hardened warlord. Aeshima had to embrace the darkness she was capable of in order to destroy something much worse....

this piece....is several years after that. she is a mature young miss moving up in the worlds, trying her best to prove her worth as a heiress to the position of intergalactic empress over Tierra II and the planets of Trappist 1. Think of it as an introduction to her :]

Download is free. well, more specifically its a "name your price". most of my stuff will be like this, most likely. completed pieces, that is - I'll still use Picosong and Soundcloud for unfinished bits and demos

anyway....

https://medlius.bandcamp.com/track/space-cowgirl-pt-1

ends on a cliffhanger because the next part will be much more frenetic. I guarantee it :]

Cid Chara Thar OrganizationXV Max P408370R Mr.Sunshine TechTastic i guess if he wants to test his headphones

hmm, hmm....hopefully i didnt forget anyone, this one is pretty important to me

Originally posted by Kajin_Style
    Completely denouncing every bit of evidence I present WITHOUT any counter evidence to point to the contrary is not logic; it's outright denial.
    I'm sure you'll come up with some debunking excuse.

I love it dude! I'm impressed. It has like a magical vibe to it lol I chill to that. The shredding in the middle took me by surprise, it was kickass. Good job dude. Keep it up.

Also how's my request coming along? Just curious, not getting on your back or anything. I haven't asked in a while lol

Comment

Paid and downloaded so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Chara View Post
        I love it dude! I'm impressed. It has like a magical vibe to it lol I chill to that. The shredding in the middle took me by surprise, it was kickass. Good job dude. Keep it up.

Also how's my request coming along? Just curious, not getting on your back or anything. I haven't asked in a while lol
        thx, broseph. dont forget to download if ye want to, i insist you get it for free since youre already a Patron

Dont sweat it lol, I actually feel relieved that someone asked about the rewards. I was struggling with it a bit the last time I worked on it, but I was also living in a literal hell back then so I wasnt able to focus properly. I didnt want to rush it out and give you something half-baked after your generous pledge, so I decided to leave it for the future. After the results of my Metallica test, I think I'm confident that I'll be able to do the rendition justice, so I'll be working on it again and try to have your request ready alongside my next lineup.

its a similar story for Thar 's reward as well. I dont wanna just draw a boring front-shot of his RP character, I wanna make it special, because he is special to me no homo lol :p

also, just as a reminder Cid if you ever want the individual part(s) of any song(s), you need only ask and i'll send them to you. Actually, that goes for any of u in the 5 and above tier. it shouldnt be much trouble :p

Originally posted by TechTastic View Post
        Paid and downloaded so far.
        eyyy thx man, appreciate it alot, have a great day. though i do feel the need to reiterate to everyone else: its a name-your-price track, and it has the option to be completely free of charge! DO NOT hesitate to get it free if you truly want it, the important thing to me is that ppl download it and have it become a part of their lives!!!

Completely denouncing every bit of evidence I present WITHOUT any counter evidence to point to the contrary is not logic; it's outright denial.

Comment

Originally posted by Helly View Post
          its a similar story for Thar 's reward as well. I dont wanna just draw a boring front-shot of his RP character, I wanna make it special, because he is special to me no homo lol :p
          Seeing as I'm no longer in that RP, I'm not sure it's necessary anymore. That being said, if you feel obligated to do it just cause I'm giving you $10 a month,then I'll just let you surprise me with whatever you like. No pressure whatsoever, just don't stress yourself too much for me cause I don't like doing that to people.

Comment

Originally posted by Thar View Post

Seeing as I'm no longer in that RP, I'm not sure it's necessary anymore. That being said, if you feel obligated to do it just cause I'm giving you $10 a month,then I'll just let you surprise me with whatever you like. No pressure whatsoever, just don't stress yourself too much for me cause I don't like doing that to people.
            it's no stress at all, I just hadn't been in a good headspace before. it'll be good practice anyway ;0 While i got u here, tho....if u want to have something else done, feel free to let me kno. Its not a problem, i want to do something for yall lol, you have all been a great help to me

Comment

I'll check it out in a bit

Comment

Originally posted by Max View Post
                I'll check it out in a bit
                good to know man

Comment

Originally posted by Beholder View Post

good to know man
                  Who are you?

Comment

so, today was the day helly finally took a stand and said "fuck it", and uploaded a ton of stuff + shared it to other communities.

all of it is name ur price with a minimum of free

tired of playin around, bros, im bout to become an overnight superstar

Originally posted by Max View Post

Who are you?
                    hes my biggest fan

dont forget, dl is free if u liked it

Comment

T5 has officially been PLUGGED

i warn you Ciddles if this forum becomes hellys echo chamber...its ur fault!!!! lol

Comment

This is fantastic. I love it so far. (about 5 minutes into it and it just gets better) Ori is right, it has this... Magical air to it. I think it's the somewhat whimsical parts that interlude the melodic metal bits.

Great job man.

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post
                          This is fantastic. I love it so far. (about 5 minutes into it and it just gets better) Ori is right, it has this... Magical air to it. I think it's the somewhat whimsical parts that interlude the melodic metal bits.

Great job man.
                          thank u, thank u. fwahaha you are done with it by now but wait till u reach the penultimate section, its spacey af. yall see now why i couldnt wait for Eden to finish before posting this glorious song.

thank ye all again....

on a side note, my stats on bandcamp are positively skyrocketing....!!! at least, considering the inactivity of the other two forums, lol.

Comment

time to give an update on bandcamp using vague figures to make my numbers seem big

overnight, my plays have tripled what they were when i went to sleep, and the downloads for Space Cowgirl pt 1 have multiplied by 7.......whoa!!! lol, i gotta post on more communities now, this is taking the dead forums by storm :D

Comment

Yooo, this is some good shit. It fits the drawing perfectly, I think, with that spacey background. It's odd and magical and a beautiful blend of genres

Comment

Do you do this for a hobby or are you genuinely invested in this?

Comment

Just listened to it twice through 2 different headphones... both times it was excellent.
                                  As someone who really likes listening to guitars in songs, I don't regret paying for this at all and would pay for the next one you release. Congrats.

Though if I do have anything to say or request, it's that perhaps they could remain on one key or just switch to another.
                                  Are there any consistent tracks that don't switch keys at some point or the other? That are like 3-4 minutes?
                                  Or is it getting to that point?

Another thing: My phone actually recognized the track as being high-resolution audio, which explains why it was so good.
                                  Did you record this in an actual studio?
                                  Last edited by TechTastic; April 8th, 2019, 12:50 AM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post
                                      Yooo, this is some good shit. It fits the drawing perfectly, I think, with that spacey background. It's odd and magical and a beautiful blend of genres
                                      truth be told I'm thinkin of changing the art lol, it was kind of a placeholder. Im glad u like it tho, thx fren <3

Originally posted by #83.6666666667 View Post
                                      Do you do this for a hobby or are you genuinely invested in this?
                                      trying to suck up to me now that Im big huh, well i'll answer this cucky question anyway in case anyone is actually curious:

for now, its kind of a hobby, but I am looking to turn it into something serious which is why I'm going to start uploading completed works to Bandcamp. most of my work will likely stay as "name your price" to suite anyones needs or wants, but any truly harrowing masterpieces (think 20+ minute symphonies) will likely have a set price because of how much effort they require

Originally posted by TechTastic View Post
                                      Just listened to it twice through 2 different headphones... both times it was excellent.
                                      As someone who really likes listening to guitars in songs, I don't regret paying for this at all and would pay for the next one you release. Congrats.

Though if I do have anything to say or request, it's that perhaps they could remain on one key or just switch to another.
                                      Are there any consistent tracks that don't switch keys at some point or the other? That are like 3-4 minutes?
                                      Or is it getting to that point?

Another thing: My phone actually recognized the track as being high-resolution audio, which explains why it was so good.
                                      Did you record this in an actual studio?
                                      aww, thanks, that is possibly the highest compliment anyone could give. your support is greatly appreciated <3

I have a few demos and ideas that are much less frenetic, but they're all mostly 192 kbps for the moment lol. I'll be sure to let ye kno when I've got something more relaxed up and ready.

it sounds that great? that is a relief, lol...I was afraid with my headset there might have been some critical details I was missing. I simply recorded this in FL Studio, which is a computer program. I don't have a studio, I'm afraid, but my friend's pc(which he lent me momentarily) has this great program that basically emulates various aspects of a studio for recording guitar, in addition to a virtual guitar instrument that uses authentic samples. most of the quality of sound is due to the excellent quality of those programs, as I'm not an experienced mixer myself and also lack professional studio headphones :p

hmm...I quite like the look of the art now, seeing it in this interface lol.
                                      Last edited by Helly; April 8th, 2019, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Helly View Post

aww, thanks, that is possibly the highest compliment anyone could give. your support is greatly appreciated <3

I have a few demos and ideas that are much less frenetic, but they're all mostly 192 kbps for the moment lol. I'll be sure to let ye kno when I've got something more relaxed up and ready.

it sounds that great? that is a relief, lol...I was afraid with my headset there might have been some critical details I was missing. I simply recorded this in FL Studio, which is a computer program. I don't have a studio, I'm afraid, but my friend's pc(which he lent me momentarily) has this great program that basically emulates various aspects of a studio for recording guitar, in addition to a virtual guitar instrument that uses authentic samples. most of the quality of sound is due to the excellent quality of those programs, as I'm not an experienced mixer myself and also lack professional studio headphones :p
                                        No problem, you're welcome. I can wait.

FL Studio? I was thinking it was an actual studio with the different instruments actually set up in different corners of one room and all that. But I see, though the guitars were hooked up to another device right?

Speaking of the studio headphones, you could get a wired Audio-Technica M40X or something for lower than $150, or perhaps the Sony MDR-7506 headphones for $128. Either one should be a good investment.

hmm...I quite like the look of the art now, seeing it in this interface lol.
                                        Well Sony does have that effect at times when the art is of good quality.
                                        Last edited by TechTastic; April 9th, 2019, 12:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X