X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the four days of hellymas

because fuck you

there might be more if i can...find the time....lol

this'll be an event spread over four days, where im just gonna post my more (imo) notable ideas spanning thru the genres of orchestra, metal, hip hop, and electronic in exactly that order. the first day, today, will be....today. the 2nd on the 25th, the 3rd on the 29th, and the fourth early next year. idk when, depends on how long it takes me to work my way thru all the ass being thrust my way.

anyway

heres one that ive been workin on fer awhile on and off, its managed to woo the hearts of classical heads so it must be good i guess. incomplete. pauses denote the start of different sections

https://picosong.com/wgKZm/

Another old idea. this ones newer, id like to dedicate it to my good friend OrganizationXV for unintentionally helping me stumble into it

https://picosong.com/wgKxz/

there will be more later. feel free to download pls

---update 1---

bit of spicy lore on this one - some of yall might be aware of this, but alongside my novels, my 9 albums(and counting), and my booming family bakery, helly has a 4th project(well, more like, a billionth, but w/e), and that project is called Crisis Chronicles. Due to the fact that it demands writing, illustrating, and world-building, progress has slowed to a bare crawl this past year. I do have plans on creating a lite version and putting that into a visual novel format because it seems simpler to me than making a webcomic that spans several years, but we'll see...

Anyway!

This is a piece titled 'The Silver Maiden', and it centers around 16-year-old Aeshima (formerly called 'Ayumi', changed it because fuck that weab shit) and her battle against a hallowed legion of ethereals on an alien planet. This is where her own legacy will be cemented....

The Silver Maiden (Demo)(Downloadable)
    https://picosong.com/wgBea/

Dont let the length fool u....5 and a half minutes seems decent, but they fly by in this piece. Then again, you could say the same for the other two: theyre at a decent length by mainstream standards, but the sheer density of their content makes them feel very short. they still have ALOT more story to tell, and its the same with this one. I estimate that the final version will be, at the very least least, 10 minutes long
    Last edited by Helly; December 23rd, 2018, 02:50 PM.

Great as always.

Comment

You don't disappoint my dude

Comment

i didn't click either link

get smoked

Comment

• wonton juan
          wonton juan commented
          Editing a comment
          log off brah, yur waifo is in tears

• Thar
          Thar commented
          Editing a comment
          smoking is bad, mkay

som'juan give this man a hug

Last edited by wonton juan; December 22nd, 2018, 06:48 PM. Reason: hell bighter

Comment

• Helly
          Helly commented
          Editing a comment
          wtf kids

my asshole is wet

Comment

So....Im adding a few last-minute touches on this hype af piece, thing is....it is both symphonic and metal. Not in the, like, typical kind of way where its just 4/4 power metal with strings lightly dusted on top , i mean its LITRALLY 2 parts classical and two parts symphonic metal. its like a fucking mestizo but in sound form lol i srsly dont kno which column to put it under. you know what though Im gonna post it up tonight, Day 1 should start the whole thing with a BANG

Originally posted by Darkseeker1379 View Post
          Great as always.
          thx, also wtf bro i havent seen u in like a year

Originally posted by Mae Borowski View Post
          You don't disappoint my dude
          of course i dont ;0

Originally posted by Snap View Post
          i didn't click either link

get smoked
          kendall

wwjd

Originally posted by Noodle-kun View Post
          my asshole is wet
          thats.........great to hear, kids
          Last edited by Helly; December 22nd, 2018, 08:09 PM.

Comment

I love them both. The first one, I think, was my old favorite of yours in an earlier stage of life. It's only gotten more fleshed out and beautiful since then.

I gotta ask though: How'd I help you stumble onto Cascade?

Comment

Originally posted by Helly View Post
              thx, also wtf bro i havent seen u in like a year
              Haven't been on as much. I got a new job and I work pretty late.

Comment

pfff...last minute polishes, more like, an hour. lol

srry for the delay bros, helly just gets too much into the moment and time stops for him completely. Im bach, with my final reveal for the day...

so

bit of spicy lore on this one - some of yall might be aware of this, but alongside my novels, my 9 albums(and counting), and my booming family bakery, helly has a 4th project(well, more like, a billionth, but w/e), and that project is called Crisis Chronicles. Due to the fact that it demands writing, illustrating, and world-building, progress has slowed to a bare crawl this past year. I do have plans on creating a lite version and putting that into a visual novel format because it seems simpler to me than making a webcomic that spans several years, but we'll see...

Anyway!

This is a piece titled 'The Silver Maiden', and it centers around 16-year-old Aeshima (formerly called 'Ayumi', changed it because fuck that weab shit) and her battle against a hallowed legion of ethereals on an alien planet. This is where her own legacy will be cemented....

Dont let the length fool u....5 and a half minutes seems decent, but they fly by in this piece. Then again, you could say the same for the other two: theyre at a decent length by mainstream standards, but the sheer density of their content makes them feel very short. they still have ALOT more story to tell, and its the same with this one. I estimate that the final version will be, at the very least least, 10 minutes long

Mae Borowski Cid P408370R (jesus christ, tagging that name was work, lol)

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post
                I love them both. The first one, I think, was my old favorite of yours in an earlier stage of life. It's only gotten more fleshed out and beautiful since then.

I gotta ask though: How'd I help you stumble onto Cascade?
                I was writing a jazz piece that felt off to me, and I thought it might've been that the sax riff I was writing was something I'd heard somewhere. came to T5, asked around, none of u dudes recognized it at all, but I was still unsure. then you pointed me to a site where I could plug in the melody using the keyboard they provided on-screen, and as I was messing with it completely non-seriously, I happened to play 5 sequential notes that started a whole domino effect in my head. those 5 notes are the first 5 notes that are played at the start of my second piece in the OP (Cascade). you shoulda seen it lol it was like an anime moment IRL, it just didnt stop and before I knew it i had 2 full minutes of song...out of NOTHING

moments like that....they feel like you have fire in your veins, like youre electric. i used to get a bit freaked out when it happened, but now i've just come to terms with the fact that Im just a melody god, and my musical insticts are UNMATCHABLE

Comment

• P408370R
                  P408370R commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sorry about the difficulty you had tagging, fren. <3

Originally posted by Darkseeker1379 View Post

Haven't been on as much. I got a new job and I work pretty late.
                work ay thats what i like to hear, proud of u broseph, get them $$$. climb that ladder, be MERCILESS. people are HUNGRY out here, broseph, you gotta be MEAN

Comment

And of course I'm at work and can't listen... Like usual. Lol

Comment

pfff...last minute polishes, more like, an hour. lol

srry for the delay bros, helly just gets too much into the moment and time stops for him completely. Im bach, with my final reveal for the day...

so

Anyway!

Mae Borowski Cid P408370R (jesus christ, tagging that name was work, lol)

I was writing a jazz piece that felt off to me, and I thought it might've been that the sax riff I was writing was something I'd heard somewhere. came to T5, asked around, none of u dudes recognized it at all, but I was still unsure. then you pointed me to a site where I could plug in the melody using the keyboard they provided on-screen, and as I was messing with it completely non-seriously, I happened to play 5 sequential notes that started a whole domino effect in my head. those 5 notes are the first 5 notes that are played at the start of my second piece in the OP (Cascade). you shoulda seen it lol it was like an anime moment IRL, it just didnt stop and before I knew it i had 2 full minutes of song...out of NOTHING

moments like that....they feel like you have fire in your veins, like youre electric. i used to get a bit freaked out when it happened, but now i've just come to terms with the fact that Im just a melody god, and my musical insticts are UNMATCHABLE
                    Sounds like the end of a war or moments before one begins

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post
                      And of course I'm at work and can't listen... Like usual. Lol
                      gosh dang it cid ur giving me money to do these, both our efforts will be for naught if u dont enjoy what youve helped create!! :c

Originally posted by Mae Borowski View Post

Sounds like the end of a war or moments before one begins
                      yes! well, the first part illustrates the tension before the battle. Allied scouts are surveying the massive army that has come to destroy them. there is an attitude of defiance in the face of death, but still it is not lost on them what happened to the Aquaria-Angele forces, and how swiftly they were annihilated despite having better weapons, better fighters, and much larger numbers than the scouts.

Then...the symbol of humanity's hope arrives. Aeshima descends on her majestic pegasus, landing in front of the light infantry.. her entrance alone greatly quells the dread in the air, and she delivers a great speech to the ill-armed scouts of their duties, as well as her own, to see themselves alive at the end of the day so they may come back to deliver a final decisive blow to the enemy, this time armed with greater knowledge, wisdom, and allies.

The song then jumps to the tense moment where Aeshima has brazenly advanced towards the ethereal Hordak forces and is faced with their dreaded battle-hardened war general, the legendary Frozen Empress, B'iaxtal Sirafa, flanked by formidable commandos, veteran marines, and burly heavy infantry all boasting the insignias of their respective wings. Surely, Aeshima will be rewarded with her own death for such a foolish move...is she plotting something?...could it be that she has...?!

....!!!!!

Comment

gosh dang it cid ur giving me money to do these, both our efforts will be for naught if u dont enjoy what youve helped create!! :c

yes! well, the first part illustrates the tension before the battle. Allied scouts are surveying the massive army that has come to destroy them. there is an attitude of defiance in the face of death, but still it is not lost on them what happened to the Aquaria-Angele forces, and how swiftly they were annihilated despite having better weapons, better fighters, and much larger numbers than the scouts.

Then...the symbol of humanity's hope arrives. Aeshima descends on her majestic pegasus, landing in front of the light infantry.. her entrance alone greatly quells the dread in the air, and she delivers a great speech to the ill-armed scouts of their duties, as well as her own, to see themselves alive at the end of the day so they may come back to deliver a final decisive blow to the enemy, this time armed with greater knowledge, wisdom, and allies.

The song then jumps to the tense moment where Aeshima has brazenly advanced towards the ethereal Hordak forces and is faced with their dreaded battle-hardened war general, the legendary Frozen Empress, B'iaxtal Sirafa, flanked by formidable commandos, veteran marines, and burly heavy infantry all boasting the insignias of their respective wings. Surely, Aeshima will be rewarded with her own death for such a foolish move...is she plotting something?...could it be that she has...?!

....!!!!!
                        So intense :o

Comment

WTF!!! I just now noticed I got a new patron yesterday LOL omg

lets see, you are in the Appreciative Artpieces tier, Thar. Let me know what you'd like me to draw, and ill try to get it to ye as soon as possible. My sincerest apologies for my late reply, I actually wasnt expecting to get another patron off this thread lol

Comment

Yoooooooo

"A Wonderful Town" is just beautiful, dude. Like it almost brings a tear to my eye. I love it.

Cascades was a trip. It feels a bit disjointed though, like it's a handful of component pieces to a greater composition. (Which is kind of what you were saying with the pauses and stuff anyway)

The Silver Maiden is great as well. I know I've said this about basically every song, but this one really feels like it belongs in an epic RPG. It starts a bit ominous sounding but grows into something grand in the middle and then it grows ominous again towards the end and then erupts into a fast paced "battle" like mix. Like, I could see this being a "final boss" battle theme. lol

So, if I ever turn Ultionem Crystallis into an actual video game like I kind of wanted to do, I'm gonna hire you to do the OST. Mmk?

Comment

Yoooooooo

"A Wonderful Town" is just beautiful, dude. Like it almost brings a tear to my eye. I love it.

Cascades was a trip. It feels a bit disjointed though, like it's a handful of component pieces to a greater composition. (Which is kind of what you were saying with the pauses and stuff anyway)

The Silver Maiden is great as well. I know I've said this about basically every song, but this one really feels like it belongs in an epic RPG. It starts a bit ominous sounding but grows into something grand in the middle and then it grows ominous again towards the end and then erupts into a fast paced "battle" like mix. Like, I could see this being a "final boss" battle theme. lol

So, if I ever turn Ultionem Crystallis into an actual video game like I kind of wanted to do, I'm gonna hire you to do the OST. Mmk?
                              I wanna be the programmer on that project, if it ever comes out.

Also, what I'm learning about every music piece fitting in an RPG is that RPG soundtracks are just good classical music, I think.

Comment

Yoooooooo

yeh, Town has a delightful innocence about it that seems to disarm even the cold crab hearts of 69-year-old classical fans. I'm kind of afraid to touch it these days because I don't want to corrupt it with all the bleakness I've picked up in the past year, heh >_> that hesitance along with the fact that its a srs formal piano sonata and thus demands to be handled with grace and respect...its made progress truly hazardous in recent months, which might sound surprising considering its such a picture-esque depiction of happiness but there you go

and ye, cascade is still in its early stages. I gotta find a way to bridge all those juicy bits together while keeping it fresh and making every note be something that's not just relevant to the story but also critical. think Ive said this before but man classical is hell lol. I'm able to put together fairly entertaining metal riffs pretty quick, in fact you're going to see a TON of metal demos on the 25th that didn't take me more than a week to finish even with my schedule, but classical is fucking TOUGH, bros. HUGE RESPECT to Mozart, Debussy, and Alexander Scriabin, man, because those guys are a fucking tour de force

fwahaha, i see ye were quite smitten with The Silver Maiden ;0 good news bucko, ive got a couple more that are very similar to it set for release on the 25th. They're not included here because whilst they contain symphonic elements, those are largely secondary and so the pieces lay much closer to symphonic metal territory, whereas Silver Maiden was quite litrally an even split between purely classical traditions and modern metal-isms.

a video game, aye...Id be more than glad to help out should you start any such project, broseidon. feel free to hmu whenever, my doors are always open to a friend no homo

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post

I wanna be the programmer on that project, if it ever comes out.

Also, what I'm learning about every music piece fitting in an RPG is that RPG soundtracks are just good classical music, I think.
                                grr!! Lol

But ye, i guess so....I guess what bothers me about the "this sounds like video game music" comments is that they're a reminder of how badly music has decayed. They used to tell elaborate stories, people used to go to places and just listen to this massive sprawling masterpiece that took up well over 40 minutes. And those pieces had so much, because they were EVERYTHING - the characters, the mood, the backdrops,and all the iddling things in between, and they had ideas that DEVELOPED and morphed over time and made you feel terror or happiness or total sadness and despair.

And now?

"soulja boy up in thi whooa, mommy crank ih, mommy whoaa"

I mean, jesus christ, lol. Thank God Nintendo is going to fuck this idiot completely
                                Last edited by Helly; December 23rd, 2018, 09:18 PM.

Comment

WTF!!! I just now noticed I got a new patron yesterday LOL omg

lets see, you are in the Appreciative Artpieces tier, Thar. Let me know what you'd like me to draw, and ill try to get it to ye as soon as possible. My sincerest apologies for my late reply, I actually wasnt expecting to get another patron off this thread lol
                                  No prob, m8, always happy to support creators

also for the record, if you're already creating music, then you're not an aspiring musician. You're a musician. Give yourself some more credit ;)

as for the drawing, if you can make character art for Treach from the RP, that would be fantastic. There should be enough info on the app
                                  Last edited by Thar; December 23rd, 2018, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                  X