The Hip-Hop and Rap Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EnemyOfDaState View Post

Honestly it's just the production on that K.O.D album, dude is obviously an amazing producer but most of the time he gets on other peoples beats he sounds great.
    I remember him saying he was going the 100% his profit for his albums. His production and no features. I mean I feel him for that but as a fan I want a better product. Atleast want a feature. Features bring out the best bars for him.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j5Frq4gbHY

Comment

I really liked K.O.D, especially tracks like Brackets, The cut off, and Kevin's Heart. Just loved the overall message and melody in those songs.

Comment

Kanye's dropping again on the 29th, I dunno if Yandhi is a full project or not. Not gonna act like I'm excited, but at the very least Kanye seems like he has better people around him than when he dropped his last project.
        Alright, now if I die today, bitch my legacy is straight
        I'm the best they never heard, I'm your brother, just relate

Comment

my current mood
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j5Frq4gbHY

Comment

God is real. Anyways, it apparently got leaked and pushed up to Friday.

2 D A Y S
            D
            A
            Y
            S

Comment

Originally posted by Oneiros View Post

God is real. Anyways, it apparently got leaked and pushed up to Friday.

2 D A Y S
              D
              A
              Y
              S
              Most hyped I have been for an album all year, I seriously hope he has some decent production.

Comment

JID dropping some new heat
                Originally posted by Wade;n484984
                As Bill Cosby once said, "I brought you into this world, and I can take you out."

Comment

I fucks with the instrumental

Comment

Most hyped I have been for an album all year, I seriously hope he has some decent production.
                    Production is good according to an early review I skimmed through just now. Can't personally confirm or deny until I sit down later tonight and listen to it myself though, soz. If the king comes through, I fully expect it to be his best work yet in the same vein as To Pimp a Butterfly and ALL-AMERIKKKAN BADA$$. He's going back to his roots.

Last edited by Oneiros; September 22nd, 2018, 03:59 AM.

Comment

I'm really enjoying the new lupe album. The biggest issue that I had with T&Y was the production and some songs were kinda overwhelming because of the length. IMO all those issues vanished with WAVE, its really long but I wasnt bored in any step of the way. There is a lot to digest and i only listened to it once but damn its all great.
                      Last edited by Starlight Extinction; September 22nd, 2018, 05:57 AM.

Comment

Yeah going to have to sit with this Lupe album for a couple days before I have an opinion, I know a lot of it flew over my head after the first listen. Production is really good and I love some of the callbacks to previous projects this nigga really made "Stack that Cheese" from the track Hip Hop Saved my Life and Mural jr is crazy. Still trying to figure out the full concept of this album, you can hear that he approached this the same way he approached The Cool were he is using horror imagery for his characters. The slaves who drowned on the slave ships still exists at the bottom of the sea, that is an interesting direction for an album.

Comment

^ Why I found it so hilarious that his album already had reviews on the first day. A day isn't long enough to fully digest a Lupe track, never mind a whole album.

Comment

^ Why I found it so hilarious that his album already had reviews on the first day. A day isn't long enough to fully digest a Lupe track, never mind a whole album.
                            The album is damn near 2 hours long, anyone who wrote a day 1 review was just bullshitting.

Comment

You guys watch The Company Man/Justin Hunte's videos? If you haven't he's a pretty big Lupe fan;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEeEY65l3eU&t=0s
                              Last edited by PandaG; September 24th, 2018, 03:10 AM.
                              Alright, now if I die today, bitch my legacy is straight
                              I'm the best they never heard, I'm your brother, just relate

Comment

Don't day one reviews come out like every time a hip hop album releases though. It happens with other genres too, but with hip hop it actively seems lile everyone is in a race to review an album the fastest
                                Originally posted by Oneiros
                                In that case, I’m the biggest faggot on the block.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor. View Post

Don't day one reviews come out like every time a hip hop album releases though. It happens with other genres too, but with hip hop it actively seems lile everyone is in a race to review an album the fastest
                                  Hip Hop is a hype based genre, you have 1 week before most people have moved on to the next thing so you are forced to push garbage content for clicks.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor. View Post

Yup, and it's stupid even when they come out for mumble "rappers" (if only b/c you can't understand what they're saying). It's even more stupid when they come out for a Lu album, whose conceptualization, lyricism etc. are in a whole other dimension.

Comment

Originally posted by Max View Post

JID dropping some new heat
                                      Kid is such a beast can't wait for "Dicaprio2".

Comment

Yeah going to have to sit with this Lupe album for a couple days before I have an opinion, I know a lot of it flew over my head after the first listen. Production is really good and I love some of the callbacks to previous projects this nigga really made "Stack that Cheese" from the track Hip Hop Saved my Life and Mural jr is crazy. Still trying to figure out the full concept of this album, you can hear that he approached this the same way he approached The Cool were he is using horror imagery for his characters. The slaves who drowned on the slave ships still exists at the bottom of the sea, that is an interesting direction for an album.
                                        Yeah, I gave it a listen last night. It wasn't immediately striking and I feel like the it'll take a few more listens to really appreciate, but there was some seriously beautiful jazzy tunes on this album, like in Quotations from Chairman Fred.
                                        Last edited by Raniero; September 26th, 2018, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Raniero View Post

Yeah, I gave it a listen last night. It wasn't immediately striking and I feel like the it'll take a few more listens to really appreciate, but there was some seriously beautiful jazzy tunes on this album, like in Quotations from Chairman Fred.
                                          Nikki Jean's vocals are legit beautiful on that track.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                          Auto-Saved
                                          x
                                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                          x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
                                          Working...
                                          X