No announcement yet.

The Hip-Hop and Rap Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally Carter V coming out. This really has been one of the most eventful years in rap.
    Last edited by PandaG; September 12th, 2018, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Fuck rap god im the rap devil

Comment

Originally posted by Nerise View Post
        Song is some butt.

Comment

Originally posted by Issa View Post

Song is some butt.
          Buggin tf out oldhead

Comment

Buggin tf out oldhead
            You know the truth. Song is ass.

Comment

You know the truth. Song is ass.
              Nah he did his thing, although he could have just ignored it cause Eminem is overrated but I guess he needed the clout

Comment

Nah he did his thing, although he could have just ignored it cause Eminem is overrated but I guess he needed the clout
                Don't rrally care for MGK, but I agree Em is a tad bit overrated. Proof was >>>

Comment

Don't rrally care for MGK, but I agree Em is a tad bit overrated. Proof was >>>
                  Yo have you heard of a Chicago rapper named Saba? Just heard his new project "Care for Me" then went back and listned to his old shit called "The Bucket list", dudes a beast.

Comment

lmao this aged poorly
                    Originally posted by Oneiros
                    In that case, I’m the biggest faggot on the block.

Comment

why tf is em throwin a bitchfit

his own fans said revival was ass, is he callin them all dumbasses too? jesus, I used to feel bad that he fell off hard, but after Kamikaze he deserves it.

What a disgustingly petty ego

Comment

Oneiros Lupe is dropping a new album

https://www.hotnewhiphop.com/lupe-fi...ews.59666.html

Comment

I'm gonna listen to that Lupe album, wish it was shorter tho, 24 tracks kind of O.D.

I feel like Eminem knew this shit was kind of a losing battle. It's not really a beef against MGK, more so against himself. People will call his shit trash (the album and diss track) based on his previous shit but call MGK's shit decent just because he responded, and because no-one really cares about him. Basically a lose lose, which is probably why the album is called Kamikaze.
                          Last edited by PandaG; September 14th, 2018, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PandaG View Post
                            I'm gonna listen to that Lupe album, wish it was shorter tho, 24 tracks kind of O.D.

I feel like Eminem knew this shit was kind of a losing battle. It's not really a beef against MGK, more so against himself. People will call his shit trash (the album and diss track) based on his previous shit but call MGK's shit decent just because he responded, and because no-one really cares about him. Basically a lose lose, which is probably why the album is called Kamikaze.
                            Joe Budden already explained the issue with Em, dude keeps putting out trash music then coming back agreeing that his previous shit was trash and putting out more garbage. Dude hasn't had anything worth talking about since he got sober and became a hermit.

Comment

Originally posted by EnemyOfDaState View Post
                              Joe Budden already explained the issue with Em, dude keeps putting out trash music then coming back agreeing that his previous shit was trash and putting out more garbage. Dude hasn't had anything worth talking about since he got sober and became a hermit.
                              He's too polarizing an artists for me to want to discuss it, tbh.

Em's only called Revival and Relapse trash, not every album he's put out since he O.D'd. Kamikaze's a flawed album but still dope, that's the standard Em should have for himself at this point.

Joe's issue with Em is a personal bias that goes beyond this, after saying what you said, he pretty much stated himself that his issue's with Em is as a business man rather than an as an artist . He's in a position now where people will take him more seriously and tend to take his side. He basically admitted to fucking up Slaughterhouse even though they had creative control, but people will gloss over that because he's the "underdog" beefing with a label.

Comment

He's too polarizing an artists for me to want to discuss it, tbh.

Em's only called Revival and Relapse trash, not every album he's put out since he O.D'd. Kamikaze's a flawed album but still dope, that's the standard Em should have for himself at this point.

Joe's issue with Em is a personal bias that goes beyond this, after saying what you said, he pretty much stated himself that his issue's with Em is as a business man rather than an as an artist . He's in a position now where people will take him more seriously and tend to take his side. He basically admitted to fucking up Slaughterhouse even though they had creative control, but people will gloss over that because he's the "underdog" beefing with a label.
                                Admitting that even one of your albums is trash is too much, he knew they were trash when he was making them and put them out anyway, Em will always be able to spit he just doesn't have anything worth talking about. Joe kept it a buck the nigga wasn't promting their music he wasn't giving them any features and he was trying to push them in a more pop direction and none of them niggas said anything because they love Em. Not sure if you listened to Royce da 5'9's "The Book of Ryan" yet but that is a great album from someone who had something to say.

Comment

Admitting that even one of your albums is trash is too much, he knew they were trash when he was making them and put them out anyway, Em will always be able to spit he just doesn't have anything worth talking about.
                                  Tons of rappers are like this (Tech N9ne, Pusha T, Redman, Method Man), no-one gives a fuck unless they don't like how it was delivered. Em is just the biggest target out of those.

Joe kept it a buck the nigga wasn't promting their music he wasn't giving them any features and he was trying to push them in a more pop direction and none of them niggas said anything because they love Em. Not sure if you listened to Royce da 5'9's "The Book of Ryan" yet but that is a great album from someone who had something to say.
                                  Joe's perspective is biased and one sided. How can he complain about Em not promoting the group when he's been uncooperative w/ other members of the group? I'm not even going to act like Em doesn't deserve any blame, he definitely does, the Slaughterhouse album was mid, but don't tell me all of this shit when it's convenient for you or else it's exactly the same as Eminem rapping about Trump for album sales, which he alleged and complained about. Yelawolf put out an album he didn't like, but then came out and put out better albums and left the label with no stress. In comparison, Joe just looks like he's desperate for conflict outside of rap. He basically admitted to ruining/running the situation, but a lot people don't care because Eminem's an easy target.

I love Book of Ryan, one of the best albums of the year. That said Royce himself has admitted that even on his first album he didn't get as personal, and that Book Of Ryan was what he wanted his first album to be, either way, it's still a dope album. I think there is a reason why he's stated that he didn't like dealing w/ media Joe, or at least that it's different from regular Joe. It's real really for him to paint a narrative in his favor.

Comment

Tons of rappers are like this (Tech N9ne, Pusha T, Redman, Method Man), no-one gives a fuck unless they don't like how it was delivered. Em is just the biggest target out of those.
                                    I have complained about this with both Pusha and Tech, it's a reason why they have a ceiling as an artist. Em on the other hand will sell major units regardless which is why people bring it up.

Joe's perspective is biased and one sided. How can he complain about Em not promoting the group when he's been uncooperative w/ other members of the group? I'm not even going to act like Em doesn't deserve any blame, he definitely does, the Slaughterhouse album was mid, but don't tell me all of this shit when it's convenient for you or else it's exactly the same as Eminem rapping about Trump for album sales, which he alleged and complained about. Yelawolf put out an album he didn't like, but then came out and put out better albums and left the label with no stress. In comparison, Joe just looks like he's desperate for conflict outside of rap. He basically admitted to ruining/running the situation, but a lot people don't care because Eminem's an easy target.
                                    I mean Em hasn't promoted any of his artists, most people don't even know my man Boogie or Westside Gunn are on his label. He didn't do shit for D12 Royce is legit the only dude he works with and that is because they are friends. Joe never brought any of this stuff up because there was no point until Em decided he wanted to throw shots because people mocked his album that he admits was trash.

I love Book of Ryan, one of the best albums of the year. That said Royce himself has admitted that even on his first album he didn't get as personal, and that Book Of Ryan was what he wanted his first album to be, either way, it's still a dope album. I think there is a reason why he's stated that he didn't like dealing w/ media Joe, or at least that it's different from regular Joe. It's real really for him to paint a narrative in his favor.
                                    Joe is joe he admits a lot of that shit was his fault he just doesn't like the fact that even though they were all friends they sided with Em who wasn't doing shit for their carers instead of going indie which is where their fans are at in the first place. The fact of the mater is Joe Budden is making more money now then he ever did as a rapper because he was 100% correct in who Slaughterhouse's audience was, which is why he is selling out shows for a podcast. At the end of the day Slaughterhouse was a project for the people at Shady Records and they never treated it seriously or supported it the way they should have.

Comment

Eminem promoted the shit out of D12, Royce, and 50. Even slaughterhouse he had a presence. I don't agree with that at all. He just didn't hold their hand. He did about as much as Jay does with most of his artist over the years. Case and point J Cole who basically made his spot himself with little help from Jay publicly. Slaughterhouse had a lot of buzz anyways people just didn't fuck with their album. Then Joe said it himself he fucked up the group and takes credit for that. In the case of D12 same thing niggas went separate ways making solo projects with some of those projects doing well. If you look at it most of Eminem artist does no worse than most normal acts in labels. Most just don't have a follow-up act to their initial buzz.
                                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j5Frq4gbHY

Comment

Originally posted by 40 acres View Post
                                        Eminem promoted the shit out of D12, Royce, and 50. Even slaughterhouse he had a presence. I don't agree with that at all. He just didn't hold their hand. He did about as much as Jay does with most of his artist over the years. Case and point J Cole who basically made his spot himself with little help from Jay publicly. Slaughterhouse had a lot of buzz anyways people just didn't fuck with their album. Then Joe said it himself he fucked up the group and takes credit for that. In the case of D12 same thing niggas went separate ways making solo projects with some of those projects doing well. If you look at it most of Eminem artist does no worse than most normal acts in labels. Most just don't have a follow-up act to their initial buzz.
                                        I definitely disagree with the bolded and 50 was a major star from the jump. Jay is another good example Cole even talks about in the "Let Nas Down" track how he wouldn't release his album without a hit and how his thinking was archaic like most labels. Slaughterhouse is not a commercial group Shady Records was a complete waste of everyone's time besides Royce who much like Proof was/is Em's friend. Joe officially ended Slaughterhouse but Slaughterhouse had been dead, the rest of them niggas was just lying to themselves.

Comment

I definitely disagree with the bolded and 50 was a major star from the jump. Jay is another good example Cole even talks about in the "Let Nas Down" track how he wouldn't release his album without a hit and how his thinking was archaic like most labels. Slaughterhouse is not a commercial group Shady Records was a complete waste of everyone's time besides Royce who much like Proof was/is Em's friend. Joe officially ended Slaughterhouse but Slaughterhouse had been dead, the rest of them niggas was just lying to themselves.
                                          I just checked it D12 has two platinum albums. That should be enough for a group to eat for years across the world. Most groups and rappers don't have that. They were definitely successful. They just couldn't follow up individually. Then proof died which pretty much killed the group and any revival chances.

50 had a heavy new york following. 50 himself is a hardcore EM loyalist he disagrees with most who say that.

Slaughterhouse probably was a management issue. Their mixtapes were fire but their commercial shit mediocre. Which again is a common factor across the board for a lot of these rappers. Besides that point, Royce is the nicest spitter to me out of all these niggas including Em and 50. Joe is self-destructive as fuck he didn't walk out he burned all his bridges. Which is another thing he admits he did? Honestly, he never had an open beef with EM until revival and when he got peer pressured into dissing it lol.
                                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j5Frq4gbHY

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                          Auto-Saved
                                          x
                                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                          x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
                                          Working...
                                          X