Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post
    Cool.

Also, I'm curious, Helly, do you take requests...?
    for a price........;0

that reminds me....

Originally posted by Chara View Post

I know he'll do remix requests for the $20 donation but new songs idk
    Chara, have u decided on a song you would like me to do a remix of?

Comment

reposting for the new page:

Originally posted by Helly View Post
      There have been some developments IRL that have made it increasingly difficult to focus on my music, but I think I have found my center again. Many things have been kept hidden from me, and at this point I have not given up on my mother but I am prepared for the worst. I must keep my head for my sisters more than anyone else now. They are strong....I know we will make it through this...

....Details on that another time, for now I simply want to share something that has helped keep me collected. It's a very short and simple piece, and technically unfinished but I must admit I am hesitant to change any part of it after listening to it so many times and having it help me.

This is another idea inspired by one of the characters I am writing, she who is the pinnacle of an unattainable and perfect good that also inspired the previous sequence of thirds I posted in piano form and in orchestra/rock form....Canonically, this was written by a blind orphan from whom she excised a malignant spirit, just fyi, lul...

Downloadable Demo:

http://picosong.com/wkUZ9/

hope this helps the rest of you as much as it did me OrganizationXV Cid Chara Phobetor , and Mr.Sunshine whom I miss dearly....

In my next update, I aim to post several more completed and animated pieces, including a decently lengthy concerto that introduces the story of a certain space-faring princess and the world of Tierra II :]

Comment

for a price........;0
        What kind of price? Like Chara, I'm curious about what your pricing (or lack of pricing...?) is for new songs, as I don't really have a "remix" in mind as much as I do something based on the general direction of another song, and I don't really want to dish out any money for stuff (it's all a limited amount meant to keep mah body not hungry).

Comment

for a price........;0

that reminds me....

Chara, have u decided on a song you would like me to do a remix of?
          Not yet, it's a tough choice. I'm the kind of person who likes to make it worth the effort lol. I wanna pick one that screams "Ori" but is also worth remixing

If anything I'd prefer a Helly original over something that exists, lmao sorry I'm just kinda indecisive
          Last edited by Chara; March 5th, 2018, 07:54 PM.

Comment

What kind of price? Like Chara, I'm curious about what your pricing (or lack of pricing...?) is for new songs, as I don't really have a "remix" in mind as much as I do something based on the general direction of another song, and I don't really want to dish out any money for stuff (it's all a limited amount meant to keep mah body not hungry).
            ah, well, you see, i avoided including requests of that nature as a reward in the tier system at all because its extremely time-consuming to write something new from scratch @_@ though it does depend on the style

perhaps in the future i will be open to that specific type of request. Atm it's an uphill battle completing my own ideas.

Not yet, it's a tough choice. I'm the kind of person who likes to make it worth the effort lol. I wanna pick one that screams "Ori" but is also worth remixing

If anything I'd prefer a Helly original over something that exists, lmao sorry I'm just kinda indecisive
            Hmm....

How about this: you pick out a song or two that you really liked, and I'll borrow some melodic and atmospheric ideas from them as well as add in a few of my own elements. I think it'd be an interesting exercise for me....
            Last edited by Helly; March 5th, 2018, 08:20 PM.

Comment

ah, well, you see, i avoided including requests of that nature as a reward in the tier system at all because its extremely time-consuming to write something new from scratch @_@ though it does depend on the style

perhaps in the future i will be open to that specific type of request. Atm it's an uphill battle completing my own ideas.
              Well I won't make any real demands then; however, since I don't want any potentially inspirational ideas to go to waste (and you seem the type willing to invest into a song of the nature I have in mind), I'll lay down what I was thinking of:

I was hoping you could have made a new song that's based on the general theme and direction of this remix of Titanic Monarch.

It has a very imperialistic theme to it or like there's some sort of travesty occurring (human-made), and you get glimpses of the effects that this travesty has on populations (possibly?) separate from the travesty, but you get heavy glimpses of the actual travesty itself in motion.

Going piece by piece, this is what I imagine in an artistic sense:

0:00 to 0:24 is a build up to the introduction of the travesty, showing what was there before.
              0:25 to 1:00 hits you all at once with whatever horror is unleashed.
              1:01 to 2:07 shows you the response of whoever is on the wrong end of the travesty, particularly in areas more remote from the travesty.
              The first half shows the reaction to the horror and measures taken to beat it back. The second half evokes a feeling of hope that the horror can be beaten back as the measures put into place look as though they may have an effect.
              2:08 to 3:15 then goes back to the travesty and shows it conflating to the point of reaching the very same populations that you'd just panned over, unleashing havoc and crushing the population with little to no resistance, dashing away what little hope there was.
              3:16 to 3:37 then reveals the aftermath of the horrors unleashed on the population, evoking a feeling of sadness that the victims couldn't avoid their untimely fate.

IDK what kind of travesty it to could be; considering the type of song it is (electronic), I would imagine it to potentially be in the future, perhaps an invasion by another human army (highly advanced, destructive, and malicious), an invasion by an alien army (same intentions), or perhaps some other kind of disaster you could imagine.

The most fitting thing I can think of is if the Japanese got to Nanking, but instead of (generally) leaving the sanctuary established by foreigners there alone (at least for a little while)...they completely bulldozed it and wrecked it anyway. The song would represent that entire process: before the attack, during the attack, response to the attack, crushing defeat because of the attack, and the aftermath of the attack (I also imagine suppression by an empire of a rebellion). The entire song essentially evokes the feeling of witnessing the ire of an empire.

I was hoping you could make a song that mirrors this, but you could take any sort of creative liberties when it comes to the proportions of the phases with each other, the overall length, the rhythms, the melodies, the sound itself, etc, as I feel there are some flaws with it (some parts are a bit too high pitched for my tastes).

But if you don't really want to make a song of that type (with my money), you don't have to. So, I'll just leave this as brainstorming material.
              Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; March 5th, 2018, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Hmm....

How about this: you pick out a song or two that you really liked, and I'll borrow some melodic and atmospheric ideas from them as well as add in a few of my own elements. I think it'd be an interesting exercise for me....
                Alright :) I'll go ahead and decide on something. I'll go with a video game - type genre because that's the kind of stuff I always listen to

Comment

Well I won't make any real demands then; however, since I don't want any potentially inspirational ideas to go to waste (and you seem the type willing to invest into a song of the nature I have in mind), I'll lay down what I was thinking of:

I was hoping you could have made a new song that's based on the general theme and direction of this remix of Titanic Monarch.

It has a very imperialistic theme to it or like there's some sort of travesty occurring (human-made), and you get glimpses of the effects that this travesty has on populations (possibly?) separate from the travesty, but you get heavy glimpses of the actual travesty itself in motion.

Going piece by piece, this is what I imagine in an artistic sense:

0:00 to 0:24 is a build up to the introduction of the travesty, showing what was there before.
                  0:25 to 1:00 hits you all at once with whatever horror is unleashed.
                  1:01 to 2:07 shows you the response of whoever is on the wrong end of the travesty, particularly in areas more remote from the travesty.
                  The first half shows the reaction to the horror and measures taken to beat it back. The second half evokes a feeling of hope that the horror can be beat back as the measures put into place look as though they may have an effect.
                  2:08 to 3:15 then goes back to the travesty and shows it conflating to the point of reaching the very same populations that you'd just panned over, unleashing havoc and crushing the population with little to no resistance, dashing away what little hope there was.
                  3:16 to 3:37 then reveals the aftermath of the travesty unleashed on the population, evoking a feeling of sadness that the population couldn't avoid its untimely fate.

IDK what kind of travesty it to could be; considering the type of song it is (electronic), I would imagine it to potentially be in the future, perhaps an invasion by another human army (highly advanced, destructive, and malicious), an invasion by an alien army (same intentions), or perhaps some other kind of disaster you could imagine.

The most fitting thing I can think of is if the Japanese got to Nanking, but instead of (generally) leaving the sanctuary established there alone...they bulldozed it and wrecked it anyway. The song would represent that entire process: before the attack, during the attack, response to the attack, crushing defeat because of the attack, and the aftermath of the attack (I also imagine suppression by an empire of a rebellion). The entire song essentially evokes the feeling of witnessing the ire of an empire.

I was hoping you could make a song that mirrors this, but you could take any sort of creative liberties when it comes to the proportions of the phases with each other, the overall length,, the rhythms, the melodies, the sound itself, etc, as I feel there are some flaws with it (some parts are a bit too high pitched).

But if you don't really want to make a song of that type (with my money), you don't have to. So, I'll just leave this as brainstorming material.
                  I see....

I do have some epics I'm working on, if thats of any consolation :p in fact, they will be featured in my next update.....!!!! (Though they arent electronic, just good ol prchestra, some have rock elements like distorted guitar and double-bass drums)

ill give it a listen at sum point, in the mean time keep an eye out fer my next ideas

Comment

Alright :) I'll go ahead and decide on something. I'll go with a video game - type genre because that's the kind of stuff I always listen to
                    k, lemme kno when u get the things

Comment

I see....

I do have some epics I'm working on, if thats of any consolation :p in fact, they will be featured in my next update.....!!!! (Though they arent electronic, just good ol prchestra, some have rock elements like distorted guitar and double-bass drums)

ill give it a listen at sum point, in the mean time keep an eye out fer my next ideas
                      As long as you listen to it.

It really does evoke those feelings and is just a nice listen in general.

Comment

As long as you listen to it.

It really does evoke those feelings and is just a nice listen in general.
                        hmm, it does indeed have the same intrigue about it the way many retro-esque OSTs do, but I must say that 3 minutes is a bit short for my taste, at least for all the scenes you envisioned. 3 minutes is....one chapter, imo....expo, middle, and conclusion.....helly needs about 10+ to really detail such large things....! and THAT....is precisely what you all shall get in my next update ;0

Comment

There have been some developments IRL that have made it increasingly difficult to focus on my music, but I think I have found my center again. Many things have been kept hidden from me, and at this point I have not given up on my mother but I am prepared for the worst. I must keep my head for my sisters more than anyone else now. They are strong....I know we will make it through this...

....Details on that another time, for now I simply want to share something that has helped keep me collected. It's a very short and simple piece, and technically unfinished but I must admit I am hesitant to change any part of it after listening to it so many times and having it help me.

This is another idea inspired by one of the characters I am writing, she who is the pinnacle of an unattainable and perfect good that also inspired the previous sequence of thirds I posted in piano form and in orchestra/rock form....Canonically, this was written by a blind orphan from whom she excised a malignant spirit, just fyi, lul...

Downloadable Demo:

hope this helps the rest of you as much as it did me OrganizationXV Cid Chara Phobetor , and Mr.Sunshine whom I miss dearly....

In my next update, I aim to post several more completed and animated pieces, including a decently lengthy concerto that introduces the story of a certain space-faring princess and the world of Tierra II :]
                          I have every hope and faith that your family will overcome everything, dear fren.
                          On a lighter note, I am very glad to hear you've rediscovered your muse! :}

The piece you provided is excellent! If you happen to come across inspiration for completing it, I rather look forward to seeing the full version.
                          As simple as it is, I think it might be your best yet in terms of motif and strain: very nice job!

I've downloaded it; thank you for the kind provision! I'm confident it will help me spiritually, and am certain it will be integral in finding the bright side, for it is so evocative in that respect.

I also like the context you provided; it seems absolutely fitting.

Keep up the excellent work, fren! ^^
                          Last edited by P408370R; March 5th, 2018, 10:03 PM.

"Listen, Bubbs: hear that? The sounds of the whispering winds of shit."
                          Rest in peace, John Dunsworth (1946-2017).

Comment

k, lemme kno when u get the things
                            Alright, I decided on 2 great songs. They're pretty different but I like them a lot, lol. If it's easier to work with just one then that's fine but give both a listen

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSORu0m6KpI

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lV1FV379nfE

There's a huge duration gap between them lol but you're just using elements anyway so don't sweat the length. As Tricky would say, do what comes naturally :3

Comment

Downloadable Demo:

Sorry, I keep forgetting I can actually listen to things on my phone, so it took me a while to get to this.

I really like it, it's super mellowing for me, helped me calm down when I didn't even think I needed it lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Phobetor View Post
                                I have every hope and faith that your family will overcome everything, dear fren.
                                On a lighter note, I am very glad to hear you've rediscovered your muse! :}

The piece you provided is excellent! If you happen to come across inspiration for completing it, I rather look forward to seeing the full version.
                                As simple as it is, I think it might be your best yet in terms of motif and strain: very nice job!

I've downloaded it; thank you for the kind provision! I'm confident it will help me spiritually, and am certain it will be integral in finding the bright side, for it is so evocative in that respect.

I also like the context you provided; it seems absolutely fitting.

Keep up the excellent work, fren! ^^
                                thx broseph

tbh.....downloading my music is quite possibly the highest compliment anyone could pay me lol. I'll try to finish it at some point, or at the very least extend it

Alright, I decided on 2 great songs. They're pretty different but I like them a lot, lol. If it's easier to work with just one then that's fine but give both a listen

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSORu0m6KpI

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lV1FV379nfE

There's a huge duration gap between them lol but you're just using elements anyway so don't sweat the length. As Tricky would say, do what comes naturally :3
                                Hmm....i got this lol dw ;0 I'll try to have your request uploaded alongside my next update, hope u guys are on the hype train like i am....!!!!

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post

Sorry, I keep forgetting I can actually listen to things on my phone, so it took me a while to get to this.

I really like it, it's super mellowing for me, helped me calm down when I didn't even think I needed it lol.
                                well hey better late than never

glad to hear it brotendo, dont forget u can download it for 0.00 USD if u want to

Comment

glad to hear it brotendo, dont forget u can download it for 0.00 USD if u want to
                                  Nowhere to download it to, unfortunately. But I can bookmark the page, though, I think?

Comment

• Helly
                                    Helly commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    if u feel the need, sure

thx broseph

tbh.....downloading my music is quite possibly the highest compliment anyone could pay me lol. I'll try to finish it at some point, or at the very least extend it

Hmm....i got this lol dw ;0 I'll try to have your request uploaded alongside my next update, hope u guys are on the hype train like i am....!!!!

I'm totally on the hype train x3 I'd love to see what you come up with dude.

Comment

Downloadable Demo:

hope this helps the rest of you as much as it did me [USER="52"]OrganizationXV[USER] [USER="2"]Cid[USER] [USER="74"]Chara[USER] [USER="24"]Phobetor[USER] , and [USER="278"]Mr.Sunshine[USER] whom I miss dearly....

I truly apologize for making you wait so long, Helly!
                                    I listened to your piece, and I'm left breathless at just how beautiful it is, even if it may not be complete yet.
                                    There's an piece that I like from Uchouten Kazoku that I'd like for you to hear, and hopefully inspire you!
                                    Live out your dreams to the fullest, my friend.
                                    I believe in you always! <3

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Sunshine View Post

I truly apologize for making you wait so long, Helly!
                                      I listened to your piece, and I'm left breathless at just how beautiful it is, even if it may not be complete yet.
                                      There's an piece that I like from Uchouten Kazoku that I'd like for you to hear, and hopefully inspire you!
                                      Live out your dreams to the fullest, my friend.
                                      I believe in you always! <3
                                      hmm...this is an unusually developed piece for something anime-related lol, particularly when one takes note of the length....nb, nb. wish it were longer and more drawn out, tho, but I guess this was simply unavoidable given the format they had to work with.

ah

but those are the very same issues with my own snippet, i suppose, lol :p Touché, Mana, i see your 4th dimensional edge has not dulled at all....but now let us duel to see who is edgiest....!!!!!!

Comment

• Mr.Sunshine
                                        Mr.Sunshine commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        I'm not edgy in the slightest and you know it, Helly.
                                        *Puff-Puff!*
                                        Nonetheless, I'm happy that you enjoyed it and I hope that it inspires you thoroughly. <3
                                    Working...
                                    X