What are you currently listening to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Undeniably the most evocative, puissant song in the history of mankind. And that's with zero knowledge of the lyrics. Once you learn what the lyrics actually expound, the only way to properly describe it is... "sublime."

Comment

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DoLCLGx2E08

been listening to a bit of Nier Automata's soundtrack today. Haven't played it, know pretty much nothing about it or its characters, but some e-friends had linked me a few tracks and the OST seemed pretty alright. This one sticks out to me as an artist because I actually have something that's pretty similar to it, lol...and I'm kind of wondering if maybe the creative process behind them was the same. For me, I was kind of noodling around and happened to hit upon a sequence of notes that I thought sounded cool with the delay and reverb, and I basically started with just that: A simple, slow piano riff that started developing as I continued to build on it. Basically, the order in which everything happened in the song was exactly the order in which I put them in as I was working on it. The whole thing was an improv.

So....yea, it's kind of interesting to see something similar happening here. I wonder if the composer had the same happen with them on this one where everything started from a few sparse notes he played out on the piano and then his intuition kept building on it until before he knew it he had improvised a fully fleshed-out track. Very fascinating. Shame that this isn't longer, lol, but I guess this was intended to be used as a loop judging from the title.....

Comment

Comment

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vXE9bFZ7SVM
            Late 70s-Early 80s Post Punk is a treasure trove of great music undoubtedly

Comment

@Morph

you were right about Lupe he's goat

Comment

Originally posted by Don Tigris View Post
                @Morph

you were right about Lupe he's goat
                ?

You talkin bout 'Hey Lupe' or what

Comment

Comment

makin me miss my axe, man :(

Comment

Didn't get the chance to hear this song since I don't like watching garbage, but it's is actually pretty kickass tbh. Maybe next time the artist will compose for an actual good anime
                      Last edited by Aure0lin; November 25th, 2019, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Can't say I'm a super fan of Fugazi but I do enjoy their more mellow tracks

Comment

Working...
                        X