Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by Kai’ckul View Post

What's most astounding is just how many people consider Daenerys to be some sort of "hero." For like the first half of the first book/season, sure, but she quickly reveals her true colors when she lets the only person ahead of her in the line of succession at the time, Viserys, die so she might assume the throne; not to mention, the extremely telling way that she kills Mirri Maz Duur: burning her alive on a funeral pyre.

She was always fated to become the Mad Queen. Wasn't ever a matter of if, but when.
      Well ye it was obvious she was gonna go mad. Obvious to everyone except their braindead fans who were delusional enough to think she was some sort of saviour in spite of the numerous redflags. And those braindead fans were where the money was, hence why I'm surpeised they actually had the balls to follow through instead of just making her queen to appeal to the liberal twitter crowd and fanbase of 30 year old cat moms who named their kid Khaleesi.
      Originally posted by Kajin_Style ;n513566
      Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

Comment

I love that there are people on Twitter screaming "Dany isn't mad!" as if that's somehow better.

If a mad person burns children alive, that makes them broken. If a sane person does it, that makes them a villain.
        Originally posted by Snap
        "man you always know what to get me for my birthday, you really are a nigger"

Comment

Originally posted by DokTOR. View Post

Well ye it was obvious she was gonna go mad. Obvious to everyone except their braindead fans who were delusional enough to think she was some sort of saviour in spite of the numerous redflags. And those braindead fans were where the money was, hence why I'm surpeised they actually had the balls to follow through instead of just making her queen to appeal to the liberal twitter crowd and fanbase of 30 year old cat moms who named their kid Khaleesi.
          Yeah, best thing about this season is seeing the same people who rabidly defended Dumb and Dumber when they butchered some of the best characters like Stannis and LF turn on them when it's YAAS QUEEN's turn, which is ironic since it's the only time it did make sense to go through that direction with her character, and has been foreshadowed for years.

Comment

The people who are still watching Game of Thrones are either those who have minimal investment in the show after the travesty that was Season 5 or those who didn't see anything wrong with it. Either way, of course they wouldn't lose too much sleep over the poor characterization since, because literally everyone has fallen victim to it.

In any case, even if Daenerys were to snap in exactly the way that was presented, which we could not know, the journey to that point matters much more. Beyond rushing it completely ("let's save the world" --> "DRACARYS"), it simply was not written in a satisfactory way.

You can't claim character assassination for Stannis and Littlefinger, then turn around and suggest this isn't the same -- but worse! -- with Daenerys.

Comment

Originally posted by P408370R View Post
              The people who are still watching Game of Thrones are either those who have minimal investment in the show after the travesty that was Season 5 or those who didn't see anything wrong with it. Either way, of course they wouldn't lose too much sleep over the poor characterization since, because literally everyone has fallen victim to it.

In any case, even if Daenerys were to snap in exactly the way that was presented, which we could not know, the journey to that point matters much more. Beyond rushing it completely ("let's save the world" --> "DRACARYS"), it simply was not written in a satisfactory way.

You can't claim character assassination for Stannis and Littlefinger, then turn around and suggest this isn't the same -- but worse! -- with Daenerys.
              You said it, the problem with Daenerys was the execution, the result itself (mad queen) was fine and that is what those people are complaining about. Maybe if the show was 2 season longer this could even have been much better. Far cry from Stannis and Littlefinger where everything about how the writers handled them after season 4 was a complete trainwreck.
              Her fans who viewed her a savior didn't like how she was made to look like a villain. It's as simple as that.

Comment

Originally posted by Louay View Post
                You said it, the problem with Daenerys was the execution, the result itself (mad queen) was fine and that is what those people are complaining about. Maybe if the show was 2 season longer this could even have been much better.
                Considering how they had built Cersei up to be the Mad Queen in a much more satisfactory and organic way, and lacking the point of view introspection and details that explicate Targaryen coin flips, even the result wasn't fine in the context of the show.

Execution is the problem here, naturally; but don't defend the result just because the books insinuate that Dany might fall to madness, especially since it simply does not work on the show anymore, with respect to everything about her desire not to be the Queen of Ashes and whatnot.

Far cry from Stannis and Littlefinger where everything about how the writers handled them after season 4 was a complete trainwreck.
                I'm not sure how you think what happened with Stannis was any worse: he had about as much buildup to his deed as Dany did in the context of the show, considering the "foreshadowing" from the earlier seasons which was never developed properly later on; and presuming that he acted in approximately the way GRRM intended, the fault would again be with the execution anyway. Neither do I understand why you insist what happened with Littlefinger was any worse than the devolution of all the other characters -- including, importantly, Varys. Never mind all the other fan favorites like Tyrion, Jon, Arya, and Jaime.

Her fans who viewed her a savior didn't like how she was made to look like a villain. It's as simple as that.
                No doubt many of them haven't read the books, and many who have are not particularly adept at analysis, but for the remainder: as well they should not like it. Even if/when she becomes an antagonist, she wouldn't be a true villain, unless GRRM were to completely drop the ball.

Comment

salladhor saan is the only good character left

Comment

Considering how they had built Cersei up to be the Mad Queen in a much more satisfactory and organic way, and lacking the point of view introspection and details that explicate Targaryen coin flips, even the result wasn't fine in the context of the show.

Execution is the problem here, naturally; but don't defend the result just because the books insinuate that Dany might fall to madness, especially since it simply does not work on the show anymore, with respect to everything about her desire not to be the Queen of Ashes and whatnot.

I'm not sure how you think what happened with Stannis was any worse: he had about as much buildup to his deed as Dany did in the context of the show, considering the "foreshadowing" from the earlier seasons which was never developed properly later on; and presuming that he acted in approximately the way GRRM intended, the fault would again be with the execution anyway. Neither do I understand why you insist what happened with Littlefinger was any worse than the devolution of all the other characters -- including, importantly, Varys. Never mind all the other fan favorites like Tyrion, Jon, Arya, and Jaime.

No doubt many of them haven't read the books, and many who have are not particularly adept at analysis, but for the remainder: as well they should not like it. Even if/when she becomes an antagonist, she wouldn't be a true villain, unless GRRM were to completely drop the ball.

And in a way, Cersei did fulfill that role. She got her city destroyed and her unborn child killed because of her stubbornness and refusal to let go of the throne, I don't think it was ever foreshadowed that she would become the type of character who would blow up the city with Wildfire when she's about to be overthrown, as some people predicted in numerous theories. She is ruthless against her enemies, not random people.

I used LF and Stannis as examples, not sure why you're bringing up the others because I agree most of them were just as bad, if not worse. I just think those 2 were far worse cases than Daenerys because the mastermind that is Little Finger getting played by some children in that terrible manner is dumb and how out-of-character Stannis was in season 5. While Dany, a Targareyn, a character that was shown to believe in the concept of collective guilt throughout the show on multiple occasions, breaking and going mad by burning a city to set an example was always going to be a more plausible outcome, the problem with it was how rushed it was. She still very much believes herself to be righteous in her own world, and justifies what she did by saying she did this to save the future generations.

Comment

her desire not to be the Queen of Ashes and whatnot.
                      Yes, she's always been a self-righteous hypocrite. Never mind that we literally saw a vision of Dany surrounded by ash in the House of the Undying in... I wanna say... S2(?). What, did you think "Fire and blood" was simply a colorful metaphor rather than a literal promise?

Even if/when she becomes an antagonist, she wouldn't be a true villain, unless GRRM were to completely drop the ball.
                      False. The Mad King, once a universally beloved hero, was a full-on villain by the time Jaime put him out of everyone's misery (including his own).
                      Last edited by Kai’ckul; May 15th, 2019, 01:14 AM.

Comment

Dark Dany is the best Dany. Wanna suck on her toes.

Comment

Originally posted by King Solomon View Post
                          Wanna suck on toes.
                          Post more infrequently.

Comment

The alternative, and likelier course of action, is that everyone will have forgotten about it 50 years from now, when he finally publishes the next book in the series.

He's probably figuring out how to kill everyone off.
                            I knew we were fucked on the books the minute the 5th season was announced. That officially meant he said fuck his books and was going to just live his life in retirement with his millions.

What's most astounding is just how many people consider Daenerys to be some sort of "hero." For like the first half of the first book/season, sure, but she quickly reveals her true colors when she lets the only person ahead of her in the line of succession at the time, Viserys, die so she might assume the throne; not to mention, the extremely telling way that she kills Mirri Maz Duur: burning her alive on a funeral pyre.

She was always fated to become the Mad Queen. Wasn't ever a matter of if, but when.
                            Not sure she was ever a hero but neither was she a villain. More like a blank slate. Since she was basically a sheltered slave under her brother. Then she was constantly thrown into war after she was sold. Her current direction is not far fetched at all. She has been walking the line most of the story.
                            Last edited by 40 acres; May 15th, 2019, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 40 acres View Post
                              Not sure she was ever a hero but neither was she a villain. More like a blank slate. Since she was basically a sheltered slave under her brother. Then she was constantly thrown into war after she was sold. Her current direction is not far fetched at all. She has been walking the line most of the story.
                              Daenerys didn't start off the villain, but she's virtually a direct foil to Jaime and, I guess, Jon. To the extent that she becomes increasingly unlikable as the story progresses while he (Jaime) only gets more and more likable (apart from that 360° turn with Cersei... though, for what little it's worth, he did tell Bronn that he wanted to "die in the arms of the woman I love"). The signs of Dany's madness have always been there, right from the very beginning. Even a blind man couldn't miss them and I don't mean because of Braille...
                              Last edited by Kai’ckul; May 17th, 2019, 03:02 AM.

Comment

I'm still salty mad and heartbroken at what they did to Game of Thrones. I've spent 100s of hours on this show, reading the wikis, reading the books, fan theories, etc and this is what I get.

They ruined:
                                Jaime
                                Cersei
                                Dany
                                Jon
                                Arya
                                Sansa
                                Tyrion
                                Others/White Walkers/Night King
                                Prophecies
                                Scorpions

"Dany kind of just forgot about the Iron Fleet". . . . Woooooooow don't even get me started on that one.

To me Jaime's death was poetic at first but then I realized what the prophecy said in full and recalled what his character arc was about in regards to Cersei. He basically went to the north just to fuck Brienne for fanservice only to run back to Cersei like a good boy after. It was horrible for his character arc and I feel dumb for not realizing it as I watched

Jon's character arc was interwoven with the Night King but Arya who already had one of the most important kills in the show and was completely unrelated to Night King/White Walkers does his job for him. Garbage

Plot armors up the ass in the same show where smallest mistakes would get you killed.

Most underwhelming and inconsistent ending to any piece of entertainment media ever.
                                Last edited by Don Tigris; May 17th, 2019, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Daenerys didn't start off the villain, but she's virtually a direct foil to Jaime and, I guess, Jon. To the extent that she becomes increasingly unlikable as the story progresses while he (Jaime) only gets more and more likable (apart from that 360° turn with Cersei... though, for what little it's worth, he did tell Bronn that he wanted to "die in the arms of the woman I love"). The signs of Dany's madness have always been there, right from the very beginning. Even a blind man couldn't miss them and I don't mean because of Braille...
                                  What signs? That she burned slavers who murdered hundreds of children just to send her a message? Or her killing her enemies AFTER giving them a chance to submit like any other good/honorable character would have done? Dany chained her dragons aka CHILDREN because she thought they MIGHT HAVE been responsible for burning a child. As far as I remember the only signs that were in your face were in episode 4 and then we got the masterpiece that was episode 5.
                                  Last edited by Don Tigris; May 17th, 2019, 11:00 AM.

Comment

OH NO NO NO
                                    "we kind of just forgot about this scene" -D&D

Comment

Originally posted by Don Tigris View Post

What signs? That she burned slavers who murdered hundreds of children just to send her a message? Or her killing her enemies AFTER giving them a chance to submit like any other good/honorable character would have done? Dany chained her dragons aka CHILDREN because she thought they MIGHT HAVE been responsible for burning a child. As far as I remember the only signs that were in your face were in episode 4 and then we got the masterpiece that was episode 5.
                                      http://www.inverse.com/amp/article/5...

????

Keep in mind that even this list didn't cover everything, like the time she nonchalantly, perhaps eagerly, watched her own brother die one of the most horrific deaths on the entire show (which is really saying something), or the time she burned someone alive even prior to finding the dragons (Maz Duur deserved to die, but not like that). Both examples are from S1 when she was still intended to be somewhat innocent and relatable btw.
                                      Last edited by Kai’ckul; May 17th, 2019, 06:12 PM.

Comment

How she mishandled Mereen should have clued you retards in lmao
                                        Originally posted by Kajin_Style ;n513566
                                        Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

Comment

• Don Tigris
                                          Don Tigris commented
                                          Editing a comment
                                          You're talking about her executing the noblemen?

Double post ffs.
                                        Last edited by Kai’ckul; May 17th, 2019, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X