Game of Thrones

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by S3rp3nt3 View Post
    So, since there is only one season left, this are my predictions of who will die and ultimately who will at least survive the game of thrones.

Very likely to die:
    Cersei Lannister, Euron Greyjoy, Gregor Clegane and the Night King.

Likely to die:
    Jon Snow, Daenerys Targaryen, Jaime Lannister, Podrick Payne, Sandon Clegane, Beric Dondarrion, Eddison Tollett, Jorah Mormont, Ghost, Qhono, Grey Worm, Yohn Royce, Theon Greyjoy, Aeron Greyjoy, Rhaegal and Melisandre.

Unlikely to die:
    Bran Stark, Arya Stark, Davos Seaworth, Brienne, Missandei, Bronn, Edmure Tully (if he will be brought back for the final season), Tormund, Robin Arryn, Qyburn, Drogon and Yara Greyjoy.

Very unlikely do die:
    Sansa Stark, Tyrion Lannister, Varys, Gilly, Samwell Tarly, Gendry, Kinvara, Ebrose, Jaqen H'ghar and Tycho Nestoris.

Not sure about Ellaria Sand (if she is still alive) and Daario Naharis (as is very probable that his part in the story has already ended like with Illyrio Mopatis).
    Varys will obviously be killed by Daenerys

Comment

• S3rp3nt3
      S3rp3nt3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Why he would be killed?

• Louay
      Louay commented
      Editing a comment
      For being the traitor

• S3rp3nt3
      S3rp3nt3 commented
      Editing a comment
      The Aegon Targaryen's plot doesn't exist in the TV series.

I see Dany dying in childbirth probably at the last episode. I see as soon as Jon Snow kills the Night King, he just drop over dead, because the Lord of light had that as his end goal. Of course Euron, Hound, Mountain, Cersei, are dead. It's without a given. I'd say Jaime will die too since theres not really much he can do anymore and he's had his charater arc. Tbh, Cersei should have had him killed. Brienne will probably be crippled.

I see Bran or Qyburn being related to the Night King, and dying.

Sansa will live, Arya will die (without a doubt. I've been reading the books, and there a line with heavy foreshadowing. I would say she dies trying to kill Cersei. Everyone else is a flip of the coin. I would say Theon or Yara will live, but not both. Davos I don't see dying. Tormund is fucking dead or dying. Bronn has a 60% of dying.

I'm positive about the following: Sansa, Sam, Missandei, Brienne, Podrick, Varys (unless he betrays Dany), Gilly, Gendry (Will probably sit on the Iron Throne, or dismantle it for good). I feel this way mostly because

1.) They didn't do much over the course of the series
    or
    2.) They have't had enough to show off their development. There has to be an aftermath, and you really can't have that with 2 characters. Sam becomes the heir of the Tarly house, Sansa Lady of Winterfell, blah blah.
    3.) They can't kill too many people off, because it would be anticlimatic.

Comment

• S3rp3nt3
      S3rp3nt3 commented
      Editing a comment
      How exactly Bran or Qyburn are related to the Night King?

• Zemoco
      Zemoco commented
      Editing a comment
      Theres a common theory that Bran will become the Night King through time travel. I subscribe to that mostly because without it, Bran has kind of done jack shit this entire series (Though he does have that in common with most Starks)

There's also a theory that Qyburn is a White walker in disguise, and if you think about it it makes sense. How the fuck do you bring someone back from the dead without some necromancy shit.

All I know is Qyburn is not what he seems. I can almost guarantee that.

bump

Comment

So how badly are they going to fuck this up? with only 6 episodes things will be even more rushed than before.

Comment

Originally posted by Louay View Post
        So how badly are they going to fuck this up? with only 6 episodes things will be even more rushed than before.
        Daenerys will win the game of thrones and everyone will cheer YAAAAASSS QUEEEN SLAYYY
        Originally posted by Kajin_Style ;n513566
        Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

Comment

Originally posted by Louay View Post
          From my understanding, each episode is going to be an hour and a half or longer. Or something like that. Fewer episodes, same amount of content.

Comment

Almost finished with A Dance With Dragons. Kinda gonna gush about it since this thread has shown up again.

The show has it's good points, but ir really is kind of crap compared to the books. Like I expected that, but not to such a huge degree.

They did do a great job the first 4 seasons and a good portion of 6th. They are also very distilled (which I can't blame them for, as writing a story is much easier than filming it in terms of time and cost). Anyway, after reading the books, it kind of made me not care what happens in the show, which kind of sucks since I did enjoy it through most of it's run.

Not spoiling the books, but what makes them so enjoyable is how everything is planned. Everything was said for a reason, and explains things that happened previously. When a character says something, it will be for a reason/called upon later. Plot points are foreshadowed hard, which is amazing since the books are years apart. Makes Oda look like Yammer.

It's worldbuilding is superbly done as well. The lore is what drives the plot, not the other way around, which is definitely something I'd want any works I'd come up with to do. The medieval setting is also bonus since I always liked shit like that. Knights, Siege Battles, Swords, Maces, Calvary, Wars of Succession, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post

From my understanding, each episode is going to be an hour and a half or longer. Or something like that. Fewer episodes, same amount of content.
              I've heard similar rumors 1:30 to 2hrs
              April 2019 its releasing

Comment

New trailer for the final season is out

never thought a show could get me to root for a guy who bangs his sister.

Comment

Just a bit over a month out now, eh? At least the wait is coming to an end. Hopefully the last season is worth it.

Comment

I liked the series quite a bit, can anyone sell me the books?? I'm interested in them but are they that better than the show?

Comment

Originally posted by EnemyOfDaState View Post
                      New trailer for the final season is out

never thought a show could get me to root for a guy who bangs his sister.
                      The Kingslayer, soon to be Queenslayer, was always the best char tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight Extinction View Post
                        I liked the series quite a bit, can anyone sell me the books?? I'm interested in them but are they that better than the show?
                        You can get all the book on Amazon for something like $30.

Comment

Originally posted by Oneiros View Post

That just speaks about the """quality""" of the rest

holy shit can Arya just fuuuuuuuuck off
                          Originally posted by Kajin_Style ;n513566
                          Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

Comment

I'm interested in them but are they that better than the show?
                            Yes, definitely.
                            Much, much better, given the newer seasons.

However, you'll probably have to wait twenty years for The Winds of Winter, the next book in the series. (A Dream of Spring is just that: a dream.)

Comment

Originally posted by Oneiros View Post

Indeed, he surpassed his brother after season 6. It's amazing how just being around the charisma void that is team Danny made Tyrion so much worse.

Comment

Originally posted by P408370R View Post
                                Yes, definitely.
                                Much, much better, given the newer seasons.

However, you'll probably have to wait twenty years for The Winds of Winter, the next book in the series. (A Dream of Spring is just that: a dream.)
                                Thank you, if that's the case I'll start reading them when I can since my girlfriend owns the books

Comment

• P408370R
                                  P408370R commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Enjoy! :}

It's not even a question really. Of course, for many seasons, the show did a good, but heavily distilled version of the books (The Battle against Stannis at King's Landing has Navy Battles and shit.. We actually saw Rob's first battle, Lady Stoneheart being completely ommited), but now they might as well not even be considered a proper adaption. Not to say the show isn't still enjoyable, just, it doesn't compare.

Comment

Working...
                                X