No announcement yet.

100 Movie Challenge: Watch 100 movies by 12:00AM Janurary 1st 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I mean since I'm between jobs at the moment and have no obligations I could probably crank out 200 movies in no time, the real problem is that after about a dozen I'd probably want to do something else.

Comment

Originally posted by J peth View Post
      I mean since I'm between jobs at the moment and have no obligations I could probably crank out 200 movies in no time, the real problem is that after about a dozen I'd probably want to do something else.
      That's the thing about movies. They're typically longer than your average attention span and they can be pretty draining, so even one movie feels like enough for one day.

Comment

Just watch 60 minute silent films innit
        Originally posted by Kajin_Style ;n513566
        Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

Comment

Originally posted by Thar View Post

That's the thing about movies. They're typically longer than your average attention span and they can be pretty draining, so even one movie feels like enough for one day.
          Eh, me, I watch at least 3-4 movies every week more or less, and it wouldn't be a challenge if the goal was somewhat unreasonable.

There's nothing keeping you from messig around on your phone or looking at other shit during the movie. I mean as long as you understand what's happening then there is so issue.

Comment

Finished Shaun of the Dead. Not as funny as I remember, but like Aliens, I've seen it referenced so often in other media that it probably dulled it somewhat. Next is Brightburn. After it, not really sure what to watch. Will save hereditary for later.
            1. Aliens
            2. Shaun of the Dead

3. Brightburn

Comment

Originally posted by Thar View Post

I mean I just watched both Conan movies back to back because we found out my roomate hadn't seen them.... So I can handle that it's just that afterwords I had to go to either games or politics because I felt drained.

Comment

I mean I just watched both Conan movies back to back because we found out my roomate hadn't seen them.... So I can handle that it's just that afterwords I had to go to either games or politics because I felt drained.
                Politics makes you less drained?
                Originally posted by Wade
                Everything is hidden in plain sight, like in Men in Black. We've all just been neuralized to think it is "normal".

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post

Politics makes you less drained?
                  It's a different kind of draining. Just like I'll feel drained from playing video games for a long time.

It's why I have to cycle through passtimes.

Comment

It's a different kind of draining. Just like I'll feel drained from playing video games for a long time.

It's why I have to cycle through passtimes.
                    That's fair
                    Originally posted by Wade
                    Everything is hidden in plain sight, like in Men in Black. We've all just been neuralized to think it is "normal".

Comment

To be honest, maybe I should cut it down to 100 movies.

Sure, 200 movies is doable, even with a full time job, but that would mean most of your free time would be watching movies.

Comment

2. Circle

What a ride from start to near-finish. Closing scene was decidedly pretty flimsy and aimless though, which was a bit of a shame given how, in contrast, the opening scene immediately drew you into the narrative and set the tone.

Comment

1. Aliens
                          2. Shaun of the Dead
                          3. Wonder Woman Bloodlines

4. Brightburn
                          5. From Dusk Till Dawn
                          6. Nightmare Before Christmas
                          7. The Host
                          Very Underwhelming. Looked kinda bad. Watched it out of the blue because I saw that it was out and many of the DC Animated movies tend to be really good (I reallyl iked Flashpoint Paradox and more recently Hush.)

Next is Brightburn. Was in the middle of watching it but it's kind of dull.

Comment

The Nice Guys
                            The Fountain
                            Spiderman Far From Home

The Third Man
                            Memories of Murder
                            You Were Never Really Here

The Nice Guys was great. Only thing good about FFH was Jake Gyllenhal and the illusion sequence, I can't believe there are some people saying it's the best Spidey movie lol.

Comment

1. Aliens
                              2. Shaun of the Dead
                              4. Brightburn

5. From Dusk Till Dawn
                              6. Nightmare Before Christmas
                              7. The Host

Very underwhelming. They didn't really do much with the concept. Won't spoil for those who wish to watch but it seemed like he went kill crazy at the drop of a hat.

Next is From Dusk Till Dawn, and I was looking forward to seeing this one.

Also, I'm certainly going to change the challenge from 200 to 100. Maybe even 80.

Comment

1. Aliens
                                2. Shaun of the Dead
                                4. Brightburn
                                5. All Eyez on Me

6. From Dusk Till Dawn
                                7. Nightmare before Christmas
                                8. The Host

The costume and painstaking attention to detail for this move was great. Every character really looked like the real deal. In fact, at the beginning of the movie when they showed Tupac in the penitentiary, I thought they were doing some kind of CG shit which I thought would be way out of the film's budget's scope. But no the dude who wasp laying him really did look like him.

But other than that, a pretty terrible movie. The pacing was all over the place and if you went into the movie blind without any idea of the characters story, you would be hard pressed to find a coherent plot.

Comment

So far this month:

Trick r treat
                                  I am the pretty thing that lives in the house
                                  VHS
                                  Nightmare Before Christmas

I want to watch more movies, I have a huge stack of movies to watch and a bunch on my Netflix. But I've also been trying to finish the grind on Friday the 13th the game lol

Maybe after I finish it I'll have more time for movies.
                                  been picking up a ton of good ones at goodwill.
                                  I'm going to just have to continue my horror movie marathon through next month, too lol
                                  Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-1133-0048-8436 (MMCulpaTTV)
                                  Check me out on Twitch @https://www.twitch.tv/mothmageculpa/

Comment

Originally posted by Culpa the Moth Mage View Post
                                    So far this month:

Trick r treat
                                    I am the pretty thing that lives in the house
                                    VHS
                                    Nightmare Before Christmas

I want to watch more movies, I have a huge stack of movies to watch and a bunch on my Netflix. But I've also been trying to finish the grind on Friday the 13th the game lol

Maybe after I finish it I'll have more time for movies.
                                    been picking up a ton of good ones at goodwill.
                                    I'm going to just have to continue my horror movie marathon through next month, too lol
                                    It's fine.

Also I'm cutting the challenge to 100 movies.

Comment

#5 Monster House.
                                      Trying to get at least some festive movies in this holiday season. I might actually watch one other movie before bed, but I'm not sure what.
                                      Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-1133-0048-8436 (MMCulpaTTV)
                                      Check me out on Twitch @https://www.twitch.tv/mothmageculpa/

Comment

Updated title, as requested.

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post
                                          Updated title, as requested.
                                          Might wanna check it again, m8

Comment

Working...
                                          X