X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Joker movie controversy

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture...allout-891081/

Thoughts?

Personally, I think it's really stupid to worry about a movie or book being misunderstood in its message by mentally disturbed people. If anyone is concerned about stuff like that, they should just remove villains from their own stories completely or make them so cartoonish and boring that no one ever remembers them.

People were probably freaking out over nothing. And had they let it be instead of spreading it, things probably would have been fine. However, with the increase in coverage about the possibility of violent events happening at the premiere, I imagine it will embolden at least one person to act. So I expect something to happen... And I think it's going to be a result of articles like this.

Comment

we really do live in a society huh
      Originally posted by Kajin_Style
      I have this illness called "Having-a-Heart" and gives me this irrational sense of empathy and care for my fellow man.

Comment

Someone was going to do it, and if not Joker then another movie would have. Society hates the truth, nothing changes that.

Comment

i hope the alt-right can get joker classified as a hate symbol

Comment

How many of the journalists saying the movie is Citizen Kane for incels and will inspire mass shooters do you think are lowkey hoping a shooting happens just so they could be proven right?
            Last edited by Louay; September 29th, 2019, 11:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Helly View Post
              If anyone is concerned about stuff like that, they should just remove villains from their own stories completely or make them so cartoonish and boring that no one ever remembers them.
              Funny you mention that. This already happened, to start off the Silver Age of comics. And the Joker had a hand in that controversy, as well.
              Originally posted by Wade
              Everything is hidden in plain sight, like in Men in Black. We've all just been neuralized to think it is "normal".

Comment

Originally posted by Helly View Post
                https://www.rollingstone.com/culture...allout-891081/

Thoughts?

Personally, I think it's really stupid to worry about a movie or book being misunderstood in its message by mentally disturbed people. If anyone is concerned about stuff like that, they should just remove villains from their own stories completely or make them so cartoonish and boring that no one ever remembers them.
                Says the idiot that doesn't need to worry about shootings in the USA.
                Originally posted by Helly;n542091
                Also, lol @ "I'm busy". You admit you have no life and go to many forums, and in the same post lie about having real things to do, which one is it you piece of trash. Lmao. Go work on your fictitious "dream" instead of wasting your time lying to us about how important you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Louay View Post
                  How many of the journalists saying the movie is Citizen Kane for incels and will inspire mass shooters do you think are lowkey hoping a shooting happens just so they could be proven right?
                  It's not lowkey
                  Originally posted by Kajin_Style ;n513566
                  Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

Comment

GAMERS, RISE UP

Comment

Imagine wishing death upon dozens of people just to prove a point

Comment

I don't quite understand this incel comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by Tezcatlipoca View Post
                          I don't quite understand this incel comparison.
                          Shit like this that incels tend to post unironically.

341.jpg

reizf3a0l6101.jpg

Comment

That's exactly what happened. Lol

Screenshot_20190930-112320_Twitter.jpg
                            Originally posted by Snap
                            "man you always know what to get me for my birthday, you really are a nigger"

Comment

Originally posted by Max View Post

341.jpg

reizf3a0l6101.jpg
                              Here I'll add another one to the list.gamerz rise up.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Max View Post

341.jpg

reizf3a0l6101.jpg

I just cringed into a blackhole.

Edit: "Via 9gag.com"
                                Last edited by Tezcatlipoca; October 2nd, 2019, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thar View Post

Imagine wishing death upon dozens of people just to prove a point
                                  Maybe they only wanted a couple people to be mercilessly gunned down.
                                  Originally posted by Wade
                                  Everything is hidden in plain sight, like in Men in Black. We've all just been neuralized to think it is "normal".

Comment

“It is not the intention of the film, the filmmakers or the studio to hold this character up as a hero.“

You know, people deride Jaden Smith, but he may very well be the Messiah.

Comment

All of them want it. So they can milk this dumb controversy even more.

Comment

Originally posted by Ladd View Post

All of them want it. So they can milk this dumb controversy even more.
                                        They are getting desperate now

Screenshot_8.png

Comment

Working...
                                        X