El Camino(Breaking Bad sequel movie)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

El Camino(Breaking Bad sequel movie)

Not sure how a Jessie movie going to turn out but I am definitely optimistic about it

if the reviews are good and enthusiastic enough i might go see it. idk. One of the things that makes BCS and BB work so well is the build up, the "slow burn" stretched out over 7 to 16 1-hour long episodes. I dont know if the payoff from a movie will be even half as good as the reward you get at the end of even one BB or BCS season.

Comment

Originally posted by Helly View Post
      if the reviews are good and enthusiastic enough i might go see it. idk. One of the things that makes BCS and BB work so well is the build up, the "slow burn" stretched out over 7 to 16 1-hour long episodes. I dont know if the payoff from a movie will be even half as good as the reward you get at the end of even one BB or BCS season.
      Pretty much this which is why I am keeping my expectations low. If Netflix was smart they should have turned it into a series

Comment

Being a sequel of breaking bad is enough to get my view

Comment

I mean, I'm gonna watch it just because Vince Gilligan did it. So I have no doubt that it's going to be good.

Comment

i never liked jesse much but im glad for some more BBverse

Comment

guaranteed top class cinematography if nothing else but it's better not to doubt

Comment

Don't think this was necessary, and anything that might be in it could have been a part of BCS once they eventually get to the post-BB arc, which would be better anyway because I'm not sure Jesse can carry it by himself, and if this movie does include Saul it would be awkward to see before BCS is over.
                still, I'm looking forward to it, I'm intrigued.

Comment

ITSOUTITSOUTITSOUT

Unlike you faithless heathens, I'm not doubting Jesse (well, Aaron Paul).
                  Last edited by Lord L'Zoril; October 11th, 2019, 08:55 AM.

Comment

I should finish BCS before I see this, though I agree with Helly, the thing that made the show so great is the slow start gradually building momentum up through the second half. To convert that format into a movie and pull it off would be a feat in itself in terms of direction and pacing and could possibly be Oscar-worthy. We'll have to see.

Originally posted by Louay View Post
                    Don't think this was necessary
                    Yet here it is, in all its industry-milking glory.

Comment

it wasn't half bad, more or less predictable closure for pinkman plus is open-ended enough for a BCS cameo

that gunfight was a little ehh but if walter got a turret he can have that one

Comment

nah im good

Comment

Overall good movie but falls a little short of the level of excellence I've come to expect. It wasn't entirely necessary but it gave closure to Jesse's story and I liked Walt coming back, so all in all it was nice. Plus Todd's scenes were pretty great.

Personally, beyond having Jesse ride into the sunset, I think this movie was made to help out BCS. It isn't exactly pulling BrBa numbers in the viewership, to put it nicely. And I realize that the 5th season was delayed because the same crew is working on both projects. So I would expect a jump in quality when it comes back in 2020, which is great since I find it to be the better series in my humble opinion.

Comment

I really can't help but feel like this movie left us on practically the same ending as we got with Breaking Bad. I mean, more Jesse is always great, but still...
                            Originally posted by Wade
                            Everything is hidden in plain sight, like in Men in Black. We've all just been neuralized to think it is "normal".

Comment

I'll be honest, I gasped when Walt appeared, that scene was really nice and nostalgic. That's the kind of fanservice I'm okay with.
                              Like I said earlier, I still think it wasn't necessary but I'm glad we got to actually see the end to Jesse's story.

Now, onward to season 5 BCS.

Comment

It was pretty good, honestly. A solid 8.5/10.

I'd put it on par with the second and third seasons of the OG show. And I enjoyed seeing Jesse get a somewhat decent ending.

Comment

Damn need to watch it. Haven’t had time. Can watch it on my phone but it won’t be the same

Comment

Just finished it. The recap sorta threw me off, cause I don't remember much as it's been a while and I was probably slammed the majority of the time watching it. Still though, Gilligan's still got it with this. Was expecting it to feel a little rushed, naturally, since it's a movie and I feel like if this was just a continuation of the show this could cover maybe half a season.

Nice to see Jesse getting some closure. This seemed to cover quite a bit that seemed to be missing from BB, so this filled that gap nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by Louay View Post
                                      I'll be honest, I gasped when Walt appeared, that scene was really nice and nostalgic. That's the kind of fanservice I'm okay with.
                                      Like I said earlier, I still think it wasn't necessary but I'm glad we got to actually see the end to Jesse's story.

Now, onward to season 5 BCS.
                                      Did you also clap when you saw it
                                      Originally posted by Kajin_Style ;n513566
                                      Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

Comment

• Louay
                                        Louay commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        No, didn't want to spill my soy latte

It was an ok movie. The scene when Todd came to get Jessie out the cage made me laugh. I thought he was about to rape him for a second the way they phrased that scene. “My uncles not here it’s just you and me” Todd sounded like a child molester lol
                                      Last edited by 40 acres; October 20th, 2019, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                      X