• Show
Clear All

What is the appeal of Godzilla?

Why does it have such a cult following? it's just giant monster wrestling

Originally posted by Louay View Post
    giant monster wrestling
    Well there ya go

Comment

Indeed, I prefer to watch more mature shows like Rick and Morty and Harry Potter.
      Originally posted by Kajin_Style ;n513566
      Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

Comment

Have sex.

Comment

those thicc scaly sweaty bodies are just a turn on for some people

Comment

Originally posted by Aure0lin View Post
            those thicc scaly sweaty bodies are just a turn on for some people
            oh shut the fuck up for once you fucking faggot
            Originally posted by Kajin_Style ;n513566
            Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

Comment

it's a cleverly written message about the dangers of nuclear weapons and the potential results of their misuse
              Originally posted by Kajin_Style
              I have this illness called "Having-a-Heart" and gives me this irrational sense of empathy and care for my fellow man.

Comment

Originally posted by DokTOR. View Post

Projection is a form of denial

Comment

I have asked the same question, I don't hate it or anything just never understood the appeal. The again I don't like Transformers, Pacific Rim, Mech Anime or King Kong so it's possible that I just don't care for giant things punching each other

Comment

Originally posted by EnemyOfDaState View Post
                    I have asked the same question, I don't hate it or anything just never understood the appeal. The again I don't like Transformers, Pacific Rim, Mech Anime or King Kong so it's possible that I just don't care for giant things punching each other
                    How can one man be this based? I would personally cosign 100% of that statement.

Comment

Originally posted by DokTOR. View Post

didn't know you had a fetish for that too

Comment

probably just the spectacle, like for people who watch firework shows

Comment

Originally posted by Kai’ckul View Post

How can one man be this based? I would personally cosign 100% of that statement.
                          I'll rally behind that as well.

Comment

Pretty much. It's good, mindless fun but in the end it's nothing special. Major props to the creators nonetheless.

Comment

Some of the movies are made as commentaries towards nuclear war and man vs nature, but I think most of the fanbase comes from people who like giant monsters getting into dick-measuring contests, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post

I'll rally behind that as well.
                                I need to rethink this global mod stuff. I'm just not convinced you guys are working out anymore.

Originally posted by Kai’ckul View Post

And you... If I wasn't pegging your brother, I would have some mean words for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post

I need to rethink this global mod stuff. I'm just not convinced you guys are working out anymore.

And you... If I wasn't pegging your brother, I would have some mean words for you.
                                  Sorry Cid there is just no way to do interesting action when you have giant monsters fighting.

Comment

Sorry Cid there is just no way to do interesting action when you have giant monsters fighting.
                                    You've obviously never seen Godzilla vs. Megalon.

Because if you had, you would have known about this.

Comment

i mean....I like the concept of two big scary things fighting. That was the one thing I liked about Claymore, it wasnt just humans fighting monsters, it also had creepy and eerily beautiful "Awakened Beings" using their ridiculous powers against each other on occasion. it was one of the things i found genuinely cool about the manga even after I reached its lackluster "climax" at the final battle between Clare and Priscilla.

so yea, the idea can be pretty spectacular in the hands of a veritable artisan. Godzilla just sucks

Completely denouncing every bit of evidence I present WITHOUT any counter evidence to point to the contrary is not logic; it's outright denial.
                                      I'm sure you'll come up with some debunking excuse.

Comment

I think you know the appeal lol. The appeal is that they're giant fuckin monsters fighting each other. When one goes into a Godzilla movie, they're not looking for clever writing, well-developed characters, or anything like that. The only thing they're looking for is fun, mindless action.

The new movie was trash, tho

Comment

Working...
                                        X