• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who's seen the new Avengers

Watched it today
    Good movie though the time travel was terrible

Funniest part of the whole movie was seeing grown men cry in the audience
    Originally posted by Kajin_Style ;n513566
    Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

Does Ant-Man do the thing

Comment

Originally posted by Max View Post
      Does Ant-Man do the thing
      He doesn't go up Thanos' ass sadly
      Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

Comment

Originally posted by DokTOR. View Post

He doesn't go up Thanos' ass sadly
        Not watching this shitty movie then...

Comment

Haven't watched it yet, but I spoiled myself because the internet is too accessible and I have no self-control. Kinda lame that they went the DBZ route (though it was to be expected), but at least Thanos' death (not gonna bother putting that in spoilers because if you didn't already infer it, you're a literal retard) wasn't free. R.I.P.
          Last edited by Lord L'Zoril; April 26th, 2019, 02:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kai’ckul View Post
            Haven't watched it yet, but I spoiled myself because the internet is too accessible and I have no self-control. Kinda lame that they went the DBZ route (though it was to be expected), but at least Thanos' death (not gonna bother putting that in spoilers because if you didn't already infer it, you're a literal retard) wasn't free. R.I.P.

Nigga died twice tho

Comment

Haven’t seen it yet.

As much as I’m looking forward to seeing it on the 29th, I’m gonna have to contend that my (thicc) boi Thanos is not gonna survive this.

It’s horrifying when the bad guys win, but...

Reality is often disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post
                Haven’t seen it yet.

As much as I’m looking forward to seeing it on the 29th, I’m gonna have to contend that my (thicc) boi Thanos is not gonna survive this.

It’s horrifying when the bad guys win, but...

Reality is often disappointing.
                "Bad guy" is simply a manner of perspective. No doubt he's the good guy in his own narrative. And mine, tbh.

#ThanosAin'tDoShit

Comment

Originally posted by Kai’ckul View Post

"Bad guy" is simply a manner of perspective. No doubt he's the good guy in his own narrative. And mine, tbh.

#ThanosAin'tDoShit
                  Maybe in Infinity War, not really in End Game.

Comment

My only disappointment is that there was no post-credit scene

Comment

I haven't seen it, but I'm guessing Banner turns into Hulk at the end and solos all the bad guys, like the other Avengers movies.

Comment

Originally posted by Wade View Post
                        I haven't seen it, but I'm guessing Banner turns into Hulk at the end and solos all the bad guys, like the other Avengers movies.
                        No, he's hulk the entire movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Chara View Post
                          My only disappointment is that there was no post-credit scene
                          Yeah, not even a tribute to Stan Lee. Was kinda disappointing.

Other than that, movie was great. I just wonder how Mary-Kate and Ashley feel about their younger sister being such a badass.

Comment

Originally posted by Thar View Post

Other than that, movie was great. I just wonder how Mary-Kate and Ashley feel about their younger sister being such a badass.
                            You didn't see Stan driving by the military base shouting "Make love, not war!"?

Comment

Originally posted by Chara View Post

You didn't see Stan driving by the military base shouting "Make love, not war!"?
                              That was a cameo, not a tribute. I meant something like "RIP Stan Lee" in the credits.

Comment

Havent had time

Comment

Originally posted by Thar View Post

There was a tribute at the start of captain marvel from what I heard
                                  cant confirm because I didnt go see that garbage

Comment

There was no satisfactory way that Thanos could have been defeated save by someone like Squirrel Girl, and that in turn would have been an arbitrary plot device. Everyone should have approached this movie with that expectation in mind.

Having said that, the general good feedback is reassuring! I'm looking forward to a fun time.

Comment

If you walk into a thread like this without having seen the movie you're retarded, so don't expect me to use spoiler tags.

Now then
                                      It was a nice send-off for Stark and Cap America (although the time travel at the end and growing old was stupid and doesn't make sense at all considering the time travel rules they established)
                                      lots of parts felt forced in the final battle, like, I don't think Thanos calling his army to invade earth out of spite was necessary at all, not to mention out of character from what we've seen in IW, and they only had him do it to have an EPIC LotR-like final showdown with the characters who came back from the shadow realm.
                                      I don't think it's just the fact they deus ex machina'd Thanos that made this underwhelming, it's that we knew basically every major plot point before we even watched the movie. Using the quantum realm to travel back in time and get the stones has been the prevalent theory since at least IW/Ant Man & The Wasp. I have to say it was pretty cheeky from them to hide the most important detail about Endgame in an innocent-looking standalone movie like that instead of Captain Marvel (which I'm glad I didn't watch seeing how insufferable she was in Endgame)
                                      It was good overall, but not as good as IW. And really, Iron Man 1 is still MCU king.

I feel like I was too harsh here so I'll try to mention the positives in a separate post lol
                                      Last edited by Louay; April 27th, 2019, 05:02 PM.

Comment

• DokTOR.
                                        DokTOR. commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        Outside of the Time Travel, the stupidest part of the movie for me was the Thor character assassination. Especially after how they built up his arc during the rest of the movies. "Fuck my responsibility, also let me be a gag for the entire movie."

Also this signals a good point to jump ship, now with two Avengers dead and two practically useless (Cap and Hulk). Outside of Thor and Spiderman, there's not much left to work with in the nuMCU.

Also Winter Soldier is king

Finally saw it today, and I loved it! Despite them undoing Thanos' cosmic threat level finger snap, I was more than satisfied to know that there were still consequences left over from Infinity War and more. The MCU could've ended right here (with a few additional points of closure) and I would've been happy.

Really proud to say that the pay off to the whole Infinity Saga was worth it.

Comment

Working...
                                      X