Joker Trailer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 40 acres View Post

I don't know that list may have altered depending on the age group. These dudes grew up with the mcu vs the generation before that grew up on cartoons and movies featuring your list.
    Yeah but you still have a huge group of people that grew up on Adam West Batman, Christopher Reeves Superman and Lou Ferrigno's Hulk who don't give a shit about any of the modern stuff. Unlike some of the current Marvel heroes all of the characters I listed are popular across different mediums and outside of "comic nerd" culture.

Comment

Originally posted by Oneiros View Post
      My bad. I was thinking of Atheist's list from a few years back where Amazing Spider-Man outsold everything else including Detective Comics. But that's only among actual comic readers.

Among casuals, Batman and Superman are definitely more popular. Of those two, Superman is even more popular (if only because he came first).
      Originally posted by EnemyOfDaState View Post

Yeah but you still have a huge group of people that grew up on Adam West Batman, Christopher Reeves Superman and Lou Ferrigno's Hulk who don't give a shit about any of the modern stuff. Unlike some of the current Marvel heroes all of the characters I listed are popular across different mediums and outside of "comic nerd" culture.
      I googled it. Most sources have Batman as number 1 and Spiderman as 2. Superman is number 3. I didn't look at just one spot. Even without the internet, Batman is always mentioned in the conversation by everybody. Superman has fallen back a bit in this era. Has a lot to do with the bad decision of making a BVS instead of a man of steel 2.
      Last edited by 40 acres; April 6th, 2019, 02:58 AM.

Comment

I googled it. Most sources have Batman as number 1 and Spiderman as 2. Superman is number 3. I didn't look at just one spot. Even without the internet, Batman is always mentioned in the conversation by everybody. Superman has fallen back a bit in this era. Has a lot to do with the bad decision of making a BVS instead of a man of steel 2.
        Imagine being the guy too incompetent to authorize a solo Batman movie (especially given the overwhelming success of the Nolan trilogy) when doing a DC reboot.

Reeves' Superman was so essential that we still haven't seen a better one. Maybe not even a comparable one.

Comment

I like that it's Joker-centric. Even filthy casuals know Batman's origin story twice over by now, but not very many know the Joker's. It's obscure-ish even in most 'books. Besides, the best way to define a superhero is through the archnemesis and how they serve as a foil. Furthermore, Joaquin Phoenix is excellent and likely won't disappoint anyone but the most hardcore Ledger loyalists. I would have also accepted Javier Bardem (dude who played the hitman in No Country for Old Men).

Kinda sucks that they went with the "Arthur" alter ego though... More partial to "Jack Napier" myself, but that's probably because I've been reading White Knight.
          Joker has quite a few origin stories, not to mention there's 3 of them so I like that because there's a lot of potential for creative license

Comment

^^ I'm still waiting on that 3 Jokers mini series lol
            It's supposed to be the next thing they work on after Doomsday Clock ends.
            3 jokers has been the most confusing thing about post-flashpoint. Glad they at least confirmed there are 3 of them at the end of N52. lol
            Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-1133-0048-8436 (MMCulpaTTV)
            Don't forget to check out MothMageCulpa's Twitch Channel! - Join the Swarm today and Follow, subscribe, or donate!
            PSN Username- NikolaCulpa Trophy Level: 25. Platinums: 75 - Check me out on Twitch to see what I'm currently playing!

Comment

Imagine being the guy too incompetent to authorize a solo Batman movie (especially given the overwhelming success of the Nolan trilogy) when doing a DC reboot.
              It goes back to BVS and justice league shouldn't have been made yet or in that way. A whole lot of other stories to be told.

Just realize this movie is going to make people root for a psychopathic clown to go on a murder spree lol.

Comment

I'm looking forward to this

Comment

just give me a The Master tier performance
                  This Heat - Working Night

Comment

The DCU should've been like this from the start. Standalone movies will work more for DC because they have a plethora of characters that can carry a movie by themselves without needing crossovers to build hype. Marvel barely have anyone like that other than Spiderman, and maybe RDJ's Iron Man.

Comment

Originally posted by Kai’ckul View Post

Reeves' Superman was so essential that we still haven't seen a better one. Maybe not even a comparable one.
                      He defined the character, so much so that people aren't even open to other interpretations of the character on the big screen. If he isn't fighting for "Truth, Justice and the American way" with a giant smile on his face people don't want to see it.

Comment

He defined the character, so much so that people aren't even open to other interpretations of the character on the big screen. If he isn't fighting for "Truth, Justice and the American way" with a giant smile on his face people don't want to see it.
                        I mean they tried it with returns and it was boring as fuck. Man of steel he superman stopping an alien invasion. However they pretty much killed clark kent.

Comment

I mean they tried it with returns and it was boring as fuck. Man of steel he superman stopping an alien invasion. However they pretty much killed clark kent.
                          Yeah but that movie was terrible from top to bottom, it's been a minute since I have seen it but I don't think there is a single fight in the movie. Also I am pretty sure Lois cucked some dude into raising Superman's kid. People don't want brooding, confused, introspective Superman. They want him to be the best humanity has to offer and what people should try to be, nobody wanted to be vagrant angry Superman.

Comment

Yeah but that movie was terrible from top to bottom, it's been a minute since I have seen it but I don't think there is a single fight in the movie. Also I am pretty sure Lois cucked some dude into raising Superman's kid. People don't want brooding, confused, introspective Superman. They want him to be the best humanity has to offer and what people should try to be, nobody wanted to be vagrant angry Superman.
                            You know what the dude that got cucked was the fox man cyclops. That dude has been playing a getting chuck role ever since he got paired up with Hugh Jackman in X-men 1. He the reason cyclops don’t get any respect like that anymore lol.

As for Superman in a movie I think he need a arc. You can’t have him straight up become invincible nigga. I liked to see him struggle with doing the right thing. His greatest moments for Superman fans that follow him is when he snaps and struggle with doing the right thing. What I didn’t like was the pa Kent moments in man of steel. Those were terrible.Just give him a heart attack like the old days. No way in hell Superman is going to sit there and let his pops die.

Comment

You know what the dude that got cucked was the fox man cyclops. That dude has been playing a getting chuck role ever since he got paired up with Hugh Jackman in X-men 1. He the reason cyclops don’t get any respect like that anymore lol.

As for Superman in a movie I think he need a arc. You can’t have him straight up become invincible nigga. I liked to see him struggle with doing the right thing. His greatest moments for Superman fans that follow him is when he snaps and struggle with doing the right thing. What I didn’t like was the pa Kent moments in man of steel. Those were terrible.Just give him a heart attack like the old days. No way in hell Superman is going to sit there and let his pops die.
                              I don't care for the character of Superman in general but we are talking fans vs general audience. Hell I enjoyed the Injustice comic run for what it was, but most people just want him to be a good guy who never loses hope and always saves the day. It's ironic that Snyder a guy who probably jerks off to Jesus symbolism couldn't figure that out.

Comment

I don't care for the character of Superman in general but we are talking fans vs general audience. Hell I enjoyed the Injustice comic run for what it was, but most people just want him to be a good guy who never loses hope and always saves the day. It's ironic that Snyder a guy who probably jerks off to Jesus symbolism couldn't figure that out.
                                Superman is a boring character. Action is the only thing that saves him. He just smiles and cheesy lines. Captain America is the same way but the Russo’s saved him.

Comment

Superman is a boring character. Action is the only thing that saves him. He just smiles and cheesy lines. Captain America is the same way but the Russo’s saved him.
                                  Which just goes to show how incompetent this entire DCU was, someone already gave you the blueprint for how to pull off such a retro (dull) character but instead you hired Snyder who has never written a likable character in his life.

Comment

Which just goes to show how incompetent this entire DCU was, someone already gave you the blueprint for how to pull off such a retro (dull) character but instead you hired Snyder who has never written a likable character in his life.
                                    Man of steel came out first before winter soldier. He had to experiment first. Also to be fair Russo's did the same thing as Snyder put Capt in a nonstop action flick. However, Capt being true to himself was the core of their movies. It is not even fair to compare the Russo's to the rest. Only Nolan and James Mangold who made logan in their tier. The rest like average films and are pretty forgettable. Snyder had the watchmen under his belt which is cult classic whether you like him or not. Had the best visuals. I like Snyder visuals they were dope. It's his scripts that are wack, and not to mention his character personalities didn't match the hero. Oh how can I forget his number 1 sin is hiring Jesse Eisenberg as fucking Lex Luthor. Jesus shit didn't bother me. I actually expect humans to respond that way to a being like Superman in real life lol. The Eisenberg shit was like wtf why is the riddler pretending to be Lex Luthor. That whole movie was a giant fast forward button so DC could make a justice league movie.

Comment

Man of steel came out first before winter soldier. He had to experiment first. Also to be fair Russo's did the same thing as Snyder put Capt in a nonstop action flick. However, Capt being true to himself was the core of their movies. It is not even fair to compare the Russo's to the rest. Only Nolan and James Mangold who made logan in their tier. The rest like average films and are pretty forgettable. Snyder had the watchmen under his belt which is cult classic whether you like him or not. Had the best visuals. I like Snyder visuals they were dope. It's his scripts that are wack, and not to mention his character personalities didn't match the hero. Oh how can I forget his number 1 sin is hiring Jesse Eisenberg as fucking Lex Luthor. Jesus shit didn't bother me. I actually expect humans to respond that way to a being like Superman in real life lol. The Eisenberg shit was like wtf why is the riddler pretending to be Lex Luthor. That whole movie was a giant fast forward button so DC could make a justice league movie.
                                      I'm fine with Snyder's style in stuff like Watchemen and 300 because it fits, hell if he made a Batman movie it would have been fine just not for Superman. Also I think you touched on why I dislike the DCU so much, it's because the world of DC has always been more realistic then the world of Marvel and it takes all the fun out of it. In the world of Marvel it seems like half the population has some form of power to the point that lots of characters don't bother with secret identities, Marvel seems like a complete fantasy world. Then you have DC which seems like they are going for "what if you put these people in the real world" which is meh. DC has always had better characters and better stories but their world is less fun to be in.

Comment

I'm fine with Snyder's style in stuff like Watchemen and 300 because it fits, hell if he made a Batman movie it would have been fine just not for Superman. Also I think you touched on why I dislike the DCU so much, it's because the world of DC has always been more realistic then the world of Marvel and it takes all the fun out of it. In the world of Marvel it seems like half the population has some form of power to the point that lots of characters don't bother with secret identities, Marvel seems like a complete fantasy world. Then you have DC which seems like they are going for "what if you put these people in the real world" which is meh. DC has always had better characters and better stories but their world is less fun to be in.
                                        This is not true you however have touched upon a major problem with Dc. Ever since nolan, they have tried to match the tone of Batman with the entire dc. If you want to see the more fantasy shit watch Aquaman and Shazaam both satisfy for what you are looking for. Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Shazaam offer a completely new tone. Superman did need a much lighter tone it was too serious. He is on the lighter side of things. Too bad it will probably be years until he makes another appearance on the big screen.

Comment

This is not true you however have touched upon a major problem with Dc. Ever since nolan, they have tried to match the tone of Batman with the entire dc. If you want to see the more fantasy shit watch Aquaman and Shazaam both satisfy for what you are looking for. Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Shazaam offer a completely new tone. Superman did need a much lighter tone it was too serious. He is on the lighter side of things. Too bad it will probably be years until he makes another appearance on the big screen.
                                          I have seen Wonder Woman and Aqua Man I enjoyed WW until that final fight which is terrible. Aqua Man was really bad imo, from the CGI to Jason Momoa's performance (I actually like him in most things) and the most boring plot since Thor 2. Shazaam looks like it will be good though.

Comment

Working...
                                          X