Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joker Trailer

Definitely been fanboying this trailer since it's release

I don't necessarily trust DC to pull this off, but it looks like it could be the Joker we all wanted from the beginning.

It's interesting that this would seem to confirm the "Suicide Squad Joker was Robin" theory.

Comment

first cape movie I see in theaters
      This Heat - Working Night

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post
        I don't necessarily trust DC to pull this off, but it looks like it could be the Joker we all wanted from the beginning.

It's interesting that this would seem to confirm the "Suicide Squad Joker was Robin" theory.
        Suppose to be a standalone contained film. Pretty much non canon within the dceu.It would be interesting if they went that route. The thing is actors like Joaquin phoenix don't do films like this. You talking about people with diverse portfolios. They don't fuck with cape films and most of their films are films only film buffs watch. Heathe Ledger was like that. People didn't know what to think when he originally got the role of the joker.

Comment

Definitely hype for this, DC is incompetent but Joaquin Phoenix is an amazing actor. If this works they need to kill the DCU and go back to solo films, Affleck is gone, SS is getting a reboot by James Gunn and there biggest film Aqua Man went out of its way to not mention the rest of the JL.

Comment

Originally posted by 40 acres View Post

Suppose to be a standalone contained film. Pretty much non canon within the dceu.It would be interesting if they went that route. The thing is actors like Joaquin phoenix don't do films like this. You talking about people with diverse portfolios. They don't fuck with cape films and most of their films are films only film buffs watch. Heathe Ledger was like that. People didn't know what to think when he originally got the role of the joker.
            Yo, even better

Comment

Originally posted by EnemyOfDaState View Post
              Definitely hype for this, DC is incompetent but Joaquin Phoenix is an amazing actor. If this works they need to kill the DCU and go back to solo films, Affleck is gone, SS is getting a reboot by James Gunn and there biggest film Aqua Man went out of its way to not mention the rest of the JL.
              DC is probably going a route similar to it's animated joints. They are going to do origins stories right now keeping them barely connected. You will know other heroes exist but they won't come together. They have a roster big enough don't need to use crossover movies. Nevermind their villains roster is just as unique as their heroes roster. A run of straight villain movies would be dope. Getting deathstroke , Rah as ghul, or Vandal Savage movie would be crazy.

Comment

I like that it's Joker-centric. Even filthy casuals know Batman's origin story twice over by now, but not very many know the Joker's. It's obscure-ish even in most 'books. Besides, the best way to define a superhero is through the archnemesis and how they serve as a foil. Furthermore, Joaquin Phoenix is excellent and likely won't disappoint anyone but the most hardcore Ledger loyalists. I would have also accepted Javier Bardem (dude who played the hitman in No Country for Old Men).

Kinda sucks that they went with the "Arthur" alter ego though... More partial to "Jack Napier" myself, but that's probably because I've been reading White Knight.

Comment

DC is probably going a route similar to it's animated joints. They are going to do origins stories right now keeping them barely connected. You will know other heroes exist but they won't come together. They have a roster big enough don't need to use crossover movies. Nevermind their villains roster is just as unique as their heroes roster. A run of straight villain movies would be dope. Getting deathstroke , Rah as ghul, or Vandal Savage movie would be crazy.
                  I feel like I am the only person who still wants an R-rated Constantine movie, hell do a Zatanna movie while their at it. We need more weird shit.

Comment

I feel like I am the only person who still wants an R-rated Constantine movie
                    You're definitely not. But I feel like getting a big name actor (looking at you, Reeves) wouldn't do the role justice. Matt Ryan isn't a household name, but he was born to play Constantine imo. Has played Constantine on the small screen. And he's actually Welsh, so he wouldn't be using an abysmal fake accent like most non-Brits.

Comment

I feel like I am the only person who still wants an R-rated Constantine movie, hell do a Zatanna movie while their at it. We need more weird shit.
                      I mean Doom Patrol is pretty weird and fucked up. It fills that role. Shit like that has been on their streaming service. Movies are too competitve to release something like that without it being big name like the Joker. Then they put it in October going for a horror vibe.

Originally posted by Oneiros View Post
                      I like that it's Joker-centric. Even filthy casuals know Batman's origin story twice over by now, but not very many know the Joker's. It's obscure-ish even in most 'books. Besides, the best way to define a superhero is through the archnemesis and how they serve as a foil. Furthermore, Joaquin Phoenix is excellent and likely won't disappoint anyone but the most hardcore Ledger loyalists. I would have also accepted Javier Bardem (dude who played the hitman in No Country for Old Men).

Kinda sucks that they went with the "Arthur" alter ego though... More partial to "Jack Napier" myself, but that's probably because I've been reading White Knight.
                      Something unique for the film. Batman for sure wasnt trained by Ras ah ghul to be a ninja. But batman begins clearly worked.

Comment

Something unique for the film. Batman for sure wasnt trained by Ras ah ghul to be a ninja. But batman begins clearly worked.
                        He has been trained by Ra's in the comics but I guess most of them are dated after BB was released so I see your point.

In this instance though, I think they're just trying to subliminally throw shade at Ben Affleck (Arthur Fleck -> A. Fleck -> Afleck) even though the dude stepped down amicably. Unless he was "asked" to resign lol.

Comment

You're definitely not. But I feel like getting a big name actor (looking at you, Reeves) wouldn't do the role justice. Matt Ryan isn't a household name, but he was born to play Constantine imo. Has played Constantine on the small screen. And he's actually Welsh, so he wouldn't be using an abysmal fake accent like most non-Brits.
                          He is the only choice, I mean he even does the voice for some of their animated stuff.

40 acres

I couldn't disagree more, DC needs to get away from doing the same shit over and over. I am cool on traditional Batman, Superman and Flash for awhile. SS has potential if the reboot is decent and Shazam was definitely a unique choice. That trailer Morph posted for Brightburn is the type of shit DC should be doing.

Comment

40 acres

I couldn't disagree more, DC needs to get away from doing the same shit over and over. I am cool on traditional Batman, Superman and Flash for awhile. SS has potential if the reboot is decent and Shazam was definitely a unique choice. That trailer Morph posted for Brightburn is the type of shit DC should be doing.
                            They already doing different stuff Wonder Woman and Aquaman has never had a solo film. They have a ton of heroes that have never had solo films. So everything is pretty much new even their big names. Batman has such a unique world within Dc it is hard to break away. In some way there is the wider dc with Justice league and I can do anything Batman. Then there is Batman and his fucked up rogue gallery. Even without Batman himself his entourage of Bat-family and villains can make a constant stream of movies. Dc has been fucking up they have a massive array of storyline and characters they don't properly utilize. Anyways I think I read they are doing the new gods which is definitely off the radar. Get to see Darkseid.

He has been trained by Ra's in the comics but I guess most of them are dated after BB was released so I see your point.

In this instance though, I think they're just trying to subliminally throw shade at Ben Affleck (Arthur Fleck -> A. Fleck -> Afleck) even though the dude stepped down amicably. Unless he was "asked" to resign lol.
                            In the old days Batman was like samurai Jack trained by countless masters. I never the Ra's angle until BB. But it actually make sense. Ra's is one of the best fighters in the world and master of every martial art known to man. Batman master were mainly faceless before.

I don't know Batfleck got fucked over in my opinion. We saw glimpses of a great batman in Bvs dragged down by dceu fast forwarding. Then made him campy in Justice league. He never did get his solo film that would showcase how he really was as Batman.

Comment

He never did get his solo film
                              Their biggest mistake. How tf you gonna give the two lesser members of the DC "Trinity" (and Aquaman) their own movie, but not the one hero even more popular than fucking Spider-Man? Not capitalizing on that is akin to willingly bending over for the MCU exeutives. If anything. it's the DCEU execs and not Affleck who needed the boot.
                              Last edited by Kai’ckul; April 6th, 2019, 01:50 AM.

Comment

good luck filling leto's shoes

Comment

Their biggest mistake. How tf you gonna give the two lesser members of the DC "Trinity" (and Aquaman) their own movie, but not the one hero even more popular than fucking Spider-Man? Not capitalizing on that is akin to willingly bending over for the MCU exeutives. If anything. it's the DCEU execs and not Affleck who needed the boot.
                                  I think some people did get fired over the DCEU. They were trying to duplicate the mcu and turned into a bootleg version in justice league. The new dude is going for let the creators create approach. Ben Affleck quit he didn't even get fired. Is Batman bigger than spiderman not sure of that? I am a bigger Batman fan personally but I think spiderman is more popular around the world.

Comment

I think some people did get fired over the DCEU. They were trying to duplicate the mcu and turned into a bootleg version in justice league. The new dude is going for let the creators create approach. Ben Affleck quit he didn't even get fired. Is Batman bigger than spiderman not sure of that? I am a bigger Batman fan personally but I think spiderman is more popular around the world.
                                    If you were to ask the average non comic fan I would guess

1.Superman
                                    2.Batman
                                    3.Spiderman
                                    4.Flash
                                    5.Hulk

Comment

If you were to ask the average non comic fan I would guess

1.Superman
                                      2.Batman
                                      3.Spiderman
                                      4.Flash
                                      5.Hulk
                                      I don't know that list may have altered depending on the age group. These dudes grew up with the mcu vs the generation before that grew up on cartoons and movies featuring your list.

Comment

My bad. I was thinking of Atheist's list from a few years back where Amazing Spider-Man outsold everything else including Detective Comics. But that's only among actual comic readers.

Among casuals, Batman and Superman are definitely more popular. Of those two, Superman is even more popular (if only because he came first).

Comment

Working...
                                        X