• Time
  • Show
Clear All

James Gunn is back on Guardians 3

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/03...ck-as-director

Wild

cringe
    Originally posted by Kajin_Style ;n513566
    Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

Comment

Good.
      Originally posted by Snap
      "man you always know what to get me for my birthday, you really are a nigger"

Comment

James Gunn: Reloaded
        Originally posted by Kajin_Style
        I have this illness called "Having-a-Heart" and gives me this irrational sense of empathy and care for my fellow man.

Comment

This is why he was rehired.

Comment

Don't give a shit due to Marvel cinematic fatigue, though I suppose it's just as well because we'll get Brightburn (i.e., an actually good superhero movie) as a result. It's basically a "What If Superman Were Evil?" if anyone is curious.
            Last edited by Kai’ckul; March 15th, 2019, 10:44 PM.

Comment

Good. He shouldn't have been fired to begin with. Disney dropped the ball hard on that one.

Comment

2nd was not good movie

1st was decent for marvel standards I suppose

Comment

Why didn’t they beat Thanos with a dance-off?

Comment

Originally posted by Beholder View Post
                    2nd was not good movie

1st was decent for marvel standards I suppose
                    Both are good, you shitty shit.

Comment

Honestly, the whole "good for a marvel movie" thing is bullshit and anybody throwing that around is an idiot. It's like saying "The Dark Knight was good for a super hero movie" or "Shawshank Redemption was good for a prison movie." They're just good movies, period. There's no extra metric here. They're either good or bad. Winter Soldier was a good movie, period. Not good for a superhero movie, not good for a marvel movie, not good for an action movie... It was just a good movie.

Quit acting like you're some big-named movie critic that is embarrassed to enjoy a comic book film you faggots. Roger Ebert is a loser with shit taste.

Comment

• Beholder
                        Beholder commented
                        Editing a comment
                        for a marvel movie, the first guardians was not terrible.

Guardians 2 was not a good film for the franchise though. The cheap laughs crowd loved it that is about it. I remember seeing some people mad leaving the theaters after seeing it. In my opinion, Captain Marvel is a way better film than it. As cringy as some of the scenes and how boring her acting was it still maintained the theme of the film. GOTG2 had zero tension and just aimed for cheap laughs.

Comment

That's hilarious and good for James Gunn. And now he's going to direct this and Suicide Squad? .//Claps\\

Poetry In Motion

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post
                          Honestly, the whole "good for a marvel movie" thing is bullshit and anybody throwing that around is an idiot. It's like saying "The Dark Knight was good for a super hero movie" or "Shawshank Redemption was good for a prison movie." They're just good movies, period. There's no extra metric here. They're either good or bad. Winter Soldier was a good movie, period. Not good for a superhero movie, not good for a marvel movie, not good for an action movie... It was just a good movie.

Quit acting like you're some big-named movie critic that is embarrassed to enjoy a comic book film you faggots. Roger Ebert is a loser with shit taste.
                          As one of the if not THE only patriot(s) on a site full of disgusting sell-outs to foreign powers, I should be the biggest shill for superhero flicks. However, truth is that most of them range from mediocre to good(ish). Yes, there are a few spectacular ones. There are also a few abysmal ones. And regression to the mean leads us right back to... mediocre. "Guardians" is a cool 6-7 and might well be the most overrated superhero movie of all time.

You basically fucked yourself in the ass with the "good for a prison movie" line, though. Crime fiction has universal appeal (unlike comedy, horror, romance, whatever) and is consequently almost certainly the best genre of all.

Comment

I want to agree with you because I enjoy most or marvels movies but then I think about the dialogue and cinematography in "No Country for Old Men" and try to grade it on the same scale as a Transformers movie and I just can't. I like cake and I like Lobster but I can't compare them to each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Oneiros View Post

As one of the if not THE only patriot(s) on a site full of disgusting sell-outs to foreign powers, I should be the biggest shill for superhero flicks. However, truth is that most of them range from mediocre to good(ish). Yes, there are a few spectacular ones. There are also a few abysmal ones. And regression to the mean leads us right back to... mediocre. "Guardians" is a cool 6-7 and might well be the most overrated superhero movie of all time.

You basically fucked yourself in the ass with the "good for a prison movie" line, though. Crime fiction has universal appeal (unlike comedy, horror, romance, whatever) and is consequently almost certainly the best genre of all.
                              I mostly agree with you here. (Guardians is about a 7.5, being one of the better MCU movies.) And youryo absolutely right that most of the Marvel movies aren't great. I'm not saying they are. But a ton of them are good, even when compared against the best films.

I mean, ok. Winter Soldier isn't going to stand up to Schindler's List. But Schindler's List is like a 10 and Winder Soldier is like an 8.

And crime movies being popular doesn't really diminish anything I said. Shawshank is still an exceptional film.

Originally posted by EnemyOfDaState View Post

I want to agree with you because I enjoy most or marvels movies but then I think about the dialogue and cinematography in "No Country for Old Men" and try to grade it on the same scale as a Transformers movie and I just can't. I like cake and I like Lobster but I can't compare them to each other.
                              Sure you can compare them... Lol. Transformers movies are terrible. There's no need to give it a handicap to make Michael Bay feel better.

Comment

I mostly agree with you here. (Guardians is about a 7.5, being one of the better MCU movies.) And youryo absolutely right that most of the Marvel movies aren't great. I'm not saying they are. But a ton of them are good, even when compared against the best films.

I mean, ok. Winter Soldier isn't going to stand up to Schindler's List. But Schindler's List is like a 10 and Winder Soldier is like an 8.

And crime movies being popular doesn't really diminish anything I said. Shawshank is still an exceptional film.

Sure you can compare them... Lol. Transformers movies are terrible. There's no need to give it a handicap to make Michael Bay feel better.
                                You can but it serves no purpose, the reason why I enjoy Infinity War and the reason why I enjoy Pulp Fiction are so different that comparing the two would be pointless. Things should be compared within their genre.
                                Last edited by EnemyOfDaState; March 17th, 2019, 01:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by EnemyOfDaState View Post

You can but it serves no purpose, the reason why I enjoy Infinity War and the reason why I enjoy Pulp Fiction are so different that comparing the two would be pointless. Things should be compared within their genre.
                                  I've got no problem with that, regardless. Split them into genres and compare them. (Though do note that "superhero" isn't a genre. Genres are things like action, drama, comedy, etc. If anything, it might be a sub-genre) I'm just saying that diminishing the quality of a Marvel film by tacking "for an MCU movie..." onto the end of any praise is stupid. Let them stand or die on their merits. If it means rating them well below popular opinion, then so be it. I would rather see "Guardians was mediocre" than I would "Guardians was good for a cape flick". At least the former is honest.

Comment

I mean, this why the Academy Awards got shit on for trying to introduce a "popular movie" category.

Nobody gives a shit if some snotty, stuck up losers in Hollywood think MCU movies are childish and undeserving of praise. Fuck 'em.

Comment

Honestly, the grading scale you use is crucial. Mine would be something like...

10/10 - N/A
                                      9.5/10 - The very best (i.e., Citizen Kane)
                                      7.5-9/10 - Varying degrees of "good"
                                      5-7/10 - Varying degrees of "average"
                                      1.5-4.5/10 - Varying degrees of "bad"
                                      0.5-1/10 - Complete rubbish (e.g. Sharknado)
                                      0/10 - N/A

So, yeah, Winter Soldier is a good movie overall, but comparing it to a contemporary classic like Pulp Fiction (which also rates as "good") just seems wrong.
                                      Last edited by Kai’ckul; March 17th, 2019, 02:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                      X