The godfather is a little bit overrated - best trilogy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The godfather is a little bit overrated - best trilogy

And the lord of the rings trilogy is the best god damn trilogy that ever existed or shall exist.

Best movies

the third godfather is terrible so yes as a 3-parter it's out of the running

I would say 1 and 2 are better than LOTR though

also John Wick is about to become the best trilogy

Originally posted by Kajin_Style ;n529802
    Do you even step back and ask why a grown person is getting triggered over this? Why half the population is getting regularly triggered?

Comment

Originally posted by Beholder View Post
      And the lord of the rings trilogy is the best god damn trilogy that ever existed or shall exist.

Best movies
      Best trilogies:
      Lord of the Rings
      The Matrix (fuck the haters)
      The Hobbit
      Batman

Godfather is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by #83.6666666667 View Post

Best trilogies:
        Lord of the Rings
        The Matrix (fuck the haters)
        The Hobbit
        Batman

Godfather is overrated.
        If the fan theories were legit, the Matrix would be a contender. But they're not, even though they should be, so it failed hard at being as clever as it wanted to be.

Batman tops the list for me. Even if it leans a little too hard on one movie, so do all these trilogies... Except LotR.

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post

If the fan theories were legit, the Matrix would be a contender. But they're not, even though they should be, so it failed hard at being as clever as it wanted to be.

Batman tops the list for me. Even if it leans a little too hard on one movie, so do all these trilogies... Except LotR.
          Clever enough to make you look up fan theories, hater. But even if it did fail trying to be clever it doesn't matter because that's not the premise of the movie. The true core of the films is one of best executed ideas I've seen on film. That's what carries the movies for me and boy did it carry #2.

Comment

A New Hope, Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi are spectacular movies.

I went back and watched them again recently, and they really hold up, I must admit. Far better than the other Star Wars movies, anyway.

Comment

Star wars don't hold a chandle to the lethal weapon movies(not that lethal weapon movies are bad, they are quite entertaining, especially the first one)

You can't even start comparing star wars to lotr in quality.

Comment

LotR is so... Boring. lol.

Teal is right, John Wick is about to become the best trilogy though.

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post
                  LotR is so... Boring. lol.

Teal is right, John Wick is about to become the best trilogy though.
                  well you're the same guy liking that fantasy IV or w.e and over did himself with the doughnuts.. sooo.. just like.. totally take a rest big guy, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by Beholder View Post

well you're the same guy liking that fantasy IV or w.e and over did himself with the doughnuts.. sooo.. just like.. totally take a rest big guy, okay?
                    Still mad that Sephiroth is better than your favorite character in every single way, huh?

Comment

Good grief. Is this entire site allergic to good taste?

Comment

The Broly trilogy

Comment

Originally posted by Oneiros View Post
                          Good grief. Is this entire site allergic to good taste?
                          My taste is quite excellent, my friend.

Comment

Why is John wick so highly regarded? I've seen a bunch of action movies just like it. If you want the absolute best movie with action in it then look no further than the movies of last year. It's called Infinity War and it did things new and different unlike john wick.

Matrix 3 ruins the trilogy so no. Even 2 wasnt good

Lotr is too slow and too long but good

Watched Godfather 1-3 recently for the first time and 1 and 2 were amazing although a bit too long as well. 3 ruins it

Batman trilogy pretty beast overall but not the best.

I watched the old star wars trilogy and the middle trilogy all within a week last year and they do not hold up. They suck actually

Toy Story pretty great trilogy going down the years and tripping on nostalgia and then the third one ;_;

I'd say LotR as well out of the trilogies that I've seen. Most trilogies drop the ball at some point but imo LotR's only "flaw" that sticks with me was that it's 10 hours in 3 movies
                            Last edited by Don Tigris; March 12th, 2019, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Tigris View Post

I'd say LotR as well out of the trilogies that I've seen. Most trilogies drop the ball at some point but imo LotR's only "flaw" that sticks with me was that it's 10 hours in 3 movies
                              10 hours of movies consisting of 7 hours of dudes walking through forests/mountains.

Absolutely enthralling.

Comment

Austin Powers

Comment

Working...
                                X