Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats with the Incel Troll Campaign against Captain Marvel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Sheko View Post
    wow wtf is wrong with her feet? No wonder she needs intersectional feminism lmao
    Why u looking at her feet

    Comment


    • Cid
      Cid commented
      Editing a comment
      Foot fetish, obv

    Originally posted by Chara View Post

    Why u looking at her feet
    The monstrous things broke the site's pic size limit. You'd have to be a fag to have missed it.
    Originally posted by Snap
    "man you always know what to get me for my birthday, you really are a nigger"

    Comment


      Originally posted by Ziku View Post

      >tfw you want a static shock movie
      >tfw you want a green lantern movie with stewart as the lead
      >tfw you know these assclowns will use both as propaganda pieces
      This is actually on the nose. I don’t think anyone of these mainstream directors could do static right. It would take someone like the Director of the movie dope Rick Fumiya. That movie unintially had crazy parallels to static as a character.

      As as for John Stewart that is a lot more doable. Idris Elba seems like a real life John
      Originally posted by Chara View Post

      Oh jeez. I just looked up nick fury white and I cringed. He really is better as black.
      Comic White Fury wasn’t a bad character. Samuel L Jackson as Fury is just way more entertaining. The old Fury seems pretty generic white guy soldier now though in hindsight.
      Last edited by 40 acres; March 13th, 2019, 09:28 PM.

      Comment


        Originally posted by 40 acres View Post

        I mean color definitely doesn't matter if the actor is good enough to own the role. Famous example is Nick Fury. How many actually remember Nick Fury used to be white lol. anyways arrowverse in general is not that bad in that department if you look at it overall. It's just supergirl. Supergirl takes everything progressive and turn it up to 100 with no chill. It's like watch tumblr the show.

        Wrieters used to be clever about their inclusiveness. Go back read static or hell just watch the show. You will see progressive topics introduced without a need to be beat over the head with it. For one a show like static keeps it real and doesn't sugar coat the shit lol

        The show gets more and more "progressive" as time progresses, but the ongoing season has actually been pretty decent (S1 was straight garbo; S2 & 3 were meh). Mainly because Agent Liberty and Manchester Black are the best villains by far. Plus, next ep is going to feature Lex and Clark. S4 almost makes up for the rest of the show by itself. Almost.

        Lmaaaoo, the sidekick's pops is a racist. Speaking of Static, S2 of BL has been straight fire. You been keeping up?
        Last edited by Oneiros; March 14th, 2019, 12:42 AM.

        Comment


          Article actually breaksdown perfectly what I was saying about captain marvel. The movie force fed girl power moments and it was viciously reject. Ironic this is afemale reviewer discussing this,
          https://mashable.com/article/captain...e#wFnG5B33QgqE

          Also disney might be pump faking capatain marvel receipts lol.
          https://boundingintocomics.com/2019/03/13/new-reports-of-empty-theaters-at-captain-marvel-add-to-movies-controversy/


          Originally posted by Oneiros View Post

          The show gets more and more "progressive" as time progresses, but the ongoing season has actually been pretty decent (S1 was straight garbo; S2 & 3 were meh). Mainly because Agent Liberty and Manchester Black are the best villains by far. Plus, next ep is going to feature Lex and Clark. S4 almost makes up for the rest of the show by itself. Almost.

          Lmaaaoo, the sidekick's pops is a racist. Speaking of Static, S2 of BL has been straight fire. You been keeping up?
          I don't got disinterested when they ran into the sister coming out storyline and kept going on and on and on about it. I just stopped watching it. That being said I only got into it because a storm forced everybody inthe house for like a week. Litterally the only way to go anywhere was by boat lol. So a whole lot of tv binging happened.

          Static got his powers by going to a gang fight to shoot his bully lol. Black lightnig is on my list. Waiting for some downtime to catch up on shows. Fell behind on the cw roster really want to catch up on supernatural too.

          Comment


            Originally posted by 40 acres View Post
            I don't got disinterested when they ran into the sister coming out storyline and kept going on and on and on about it. I just stopped watching it. That being said I only got into it because a storm forced everybody inthe house for like a week. Litterally the only way to go anywhere was by boat lol. So a whole lot of tv binging happened.

            Static got his powers by going to a gang fight to shoot his bully lol. Black lightnig is on my list. Waiting for some downtime to catch up on shows. Fell behind on the cw roster really want to catch up on supernatural too.
            That shit was truly wack. Especially when they had her salivating over Max Lord earlier in the story. Fourth season is OK but probably not worth picking up the previous two seasons for. You miss out on Mon-El and that's about it. Pity that J'onn (both as a character and actor) is wasted on the show though.

            Yeah. I think you mentioned that to me. Probably the best origin story lol.
            Last edited by Oneiros; March 15th, 2019, 02:42 AM.

            Comment


              Originally posted by 40 acres View Post
              Article actually breaksdown perfectly what I was saying about captain marvel. The movie force fed girl power moments and it was viciously reject. Ironic this is afemale reviewer discussing this,
              https://mashable.com/article/captain...e#wFnG5B33QgqE

              Also disney might be pump faking capatain marvel receipts lol.
              https://boundingintocomics.com/2019/03/13/new-reports-of-empty-theaters-at-captain-marvel-add-to-movies-controversy/
              The only "gurl power" moments in the film were the short flashbacks, though? How is that force feeding? Like, I actually went and saw the movie. I can confirm that it's basically another action comic book movie. It pushes "girl power" much, much less than Black Panther pushed "black power". The difference between the two films (other than BP being better) is mostly that Brie Larson made some bad comments during the press tours and now the right-wing crazies are trying to rally against it even though the "feminist agenda" in the film is confined to all of 10 minutes of flashbacks throughout the movie. And heck, of those flashbacks the only really cringey bit was the cockpit joke, which accounts for like 5 seconds of the film. lol. The rest of the "gurl power" moments also double as showing the power of humanity against the more powerful alien oppressors. The bad guy didn't tell Carol "you're just a girl" when they were trying to take away her power. They said "you're just a human" instead.

              You guys are looking way too much into this femnazi stuff if you're complaining about one bad joke in an otherwise ok movie.

              (Oneiros, since you mentioned this in your comment) Also, I wouldn't source Bounding into Comics for anything. They're pretty well-known on the web for being terrible. Basically, the comic book of Breitbart. They're the ones that cropped up during and pushed the comicsgate thing last year. It's trash and most likely fabricated that entire story. (Unless of course you have alternate sources that don't link back to it as their source. lol)
              Last edited by Cid; March 15th, 2019, 08:53 AM.

              Comment


                "In the pinnacle moment of Captain Marvel's final fight sequence, Gwen Stefani's 'I'm Just a Girl' starts playing as Brie Larson's Carol Danvers kicks everyone's ass.

                The subtext, in case you missed it, is that Carol Danvers might just be a girl. But being just a girl is pretty kick ass.

                The only thing that feels truly retro about Captain Marvel's '90s setting is its shallow take on feminism that we should be moving away from, not using as a crutch. It's not just that so many of the movie's heavy-handed Feminist Moments come across as disingenuous. Those moments also tap into an old conceit of equality as a sort of revenge fantasy, mixed with the undertone of a battle of the sexes.

                In a similar vein, Captain Marvel banks on its audience seeing Danvers at the height of her powers to be thinking, "Wow, isn't it amazing that a woman is just as, if not more, powerful than the men around her?!"

                For this and so many other reasons, Captain Marvel's feminism feels not only like a step backwards, but reactive to the male superheroes long-since established in the MCU.

                Danvers feels like an afterthought, a deviation from the main storyline. To be fair to Captain Marvel's creators, they had their work cut out for them telling an origin story for a brand new character a mere month before the release of the final Avengers: Endgame.

                In the movie's last-minute scramble to justify adding Captain Marvel to the Avengers' boys club, it fails to let Danvers' story stand on its own two legs. The movie never rises above the level of an advertisement cashing in on #feminism because it stinks of corporate-mandated female empowerment. And also, because it feels an awful lot like Marvel's half-hearted, long overdue apology for ignoring women's superhero fantasies for a whopping 20 movies released since 2008.

                Though I hesitated to do so, I only really started to understand why Captain Marvel's feminist branding felt so hollow when I compared it to Wonder Woman's success with an equally heavy-handed and fantastical lady-power narrative. Or, to bring it back to Marvel, why Black Panther managed to feel endlessly more empowering to women than a single second of Captain Marvel.

                Black Panther portrays several different types of ways women's empowerment strengthens Wakanda's evolved, egalitarian society. Meanwhile the Wonder Woman comparison bears consideration because it taps into a similar theme of women's superpowers not only being brute strength, but emotions and empathy. Yet Captain Marvel's fundamental storytelling issues make it impossible for the movie to deliver meaningfully on that."

                -------------------------

                There is no agenda and CM is definitely as good as WW though, trust.
                Last edited by Oneiros; March 15th, 2019, 02:39 PM.

                Comment


                  This movie is hot garbage. Super racist too if you look into it a bit. I'm actually joining the incels because MONICA. . .

                  and Thor is insanle more powerful than Carol Danvers has ever been. If she actually does defeat Thanos. . bruh

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Don Tigris View Post
                    I'm actually joining the incels
                    oh

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Cid View Post

                      The only "gurl power" moments in the film were the short flashbacks, though? How is that force feeding? Like, I actually went and saw the movie. I can confirm that it's basically another action comic book movie. It pushes "girl power" much, much less than Black Panther pushed "black power". The difference between the two films (other than BP being better) is mostly that Brie Larson made some bad comments during the press tours and now the right-wing crazies are trying to rally against it even though the "feminist agenda" in the film is confined to all of 10 minutes of flashbacks throughout the movie. And heck, of those flashbacks the only really cringey bit was the cockpit joke, which accounts for like 5 seconds of the film. lol. The rest of the "gurl power" moments also double as showing the power of humanity against the more powerful alien oppressors. The bad guy didn't tell Carol "you're just a girl" when they were trying to take away her power. They said "you're just a human" instead.

                      You guys are looking way too much into this femnazi stuff if you're complaining about one bad joke in an otherwise ok movie.

                      (Oneiros, since you mentioned this in your comment) Also, I wouldn't source Bounding into Comics for anything. They're pretty well-known on the web for being terrible. Basically, the comic book of Breitbart. They're the ones that cropped up during and pushed the comicsgate thing last year. It's trash and most likely fabricated that entire story. (Unless of course you have alternate sources that don't link back to it as their source. lol)
                      One you are overthinking what U said. My original post said the movie was alright. Outside of those inserts. Which is what that article was talking about. Those inserts of her being pushed down by men was cringe as fuck lol.

                      Next you would be wrong if you think I am a heavy supporter of black panther. I am a huge fan of him in civil war putting in work on Bucky and Cap. BP a second watch is full of flaws and over the top points. The hype was real at first. Now he’ll nah.

                      As for the last article I just think it’s funny if it’s true. Also it is a very possible action. Record companies commit similar actions all the time. It is not a new thing.

                      Comment


                        Gearbox CEO

                        FB_IMG_1552684454140.jpg

                        Originally posted by Kajin_Style ;n529802
                        Do you even step back and ask why a grown person is getting triggered over this? Why half the population is getting regularly triggered?

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Oneiros View Post
                          That shit was truly wack. Especially when they had her salivating over Max Lord earlier in the story. Fourth season is OK but probably not worth picking up the previous two seasons for. You miss out on Mon-El and that's about it. Pity that J'onn (both as a character and actor) is wasted on the show though.

                          Yeah. I think you mentioned that to me. Probably the best origin story lol.
                          I saw the first mon-el storyline. Didn’t watch the next season. I hate how manhunter somehow got pushed back a few tiers in presence. It all started when dc wanted to turn Cyborg into the token justice league black member. He got pushed back because of that lol.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by The Poster Formerly Known as Teal View Post
                            Is it physically possible to be this effeminate?
                            Originally posted by Kajin_Style ;n513566
                            Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by 40 acres View Post

                              I saw the first mon-el storyline. Didn’t watch the next season. I hate how manhunter somehow got pushed back a few tiers in presence. It all started when dc wanted to turn Cyborg into the token justice league black member. He got pushed back because of that lol.
                              Then the joke's on them, because nobody liked or cared about Cyborg even when he was on the TT. May as well have stuck with MM or even GL as the token black superhero, though I've always liked Hal Jordan best.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by The Poster Formerly Known as Teal View Post
                                Randy "no older than 3 on my usb" Pitchford
                                Originally posted by Kajin_Style
                                I have this illness called "Having-a-Heart" and gives me this irrational sense of empathy and care for my fellow man.

                                Comment


                                  Originally posted by Cid View Post

                                  Yeah, my opinion that it was better than TFA or any of the prequels is generally less popular online than it is with people I know irl. No need to remind me.

                                  It wasn't really a detriment to the franchise, though. A lot of (dumb) people like to point to Solo and say "it wouldn't have flopped if TLJ was better." But... That's probably not true. Solo hired a young unknown that, by accounts from production, couldn't act very well and replaced Harrison Ford with him. It had a very visible falling out with the director and had to replace him in the middle of filming. Ron Howard had to do a ton of reshoots. The entire story surrounding Solo's production was the exact same as the horror stories surrounding Justice League, which had disappointed critics and fans alike just a few months before.

                                  I liked Solo. It wasn't great but it wasn't awful either. It was mediocre by definition but was fun. But even I was put off by all the mess coming out of production. Solo was doomed from the start, any backlash from TLJ, from a vocal minority, had no effect on how Solo performed.

                                  That's pretty obvious. Hype is still high for Episode 9, people are excited to see it, and it's going to sell just as many tickets as every other numbered SW film. TLJ didn't cause any harm to the franchise. Lol.

                                  Captain Marvel won't either.
                                  Zero chance Solo would have flopped if it had came out before TLJ. Is Solo had came out instead of Rogue One, it would have been a bigger hit than Rogue One was. The reception to TLJ and Star Wars fatigue in general no doubt hurt Solo's performance. Episode 9 will do numbers the same way End Game will do numbers, but the box office of the ancillary films surrounding a Trilogy Star Wars movie and/or big team up Marvel movies will go down. If End Game decides to have Captain Marvel serve as a deus ex machina and be the one to kill off Thanos, there will be an even bigger backlash. I think they're smarter than that though.

                                  Comment


                                    Thor is canonically the most powerful Avenger; though I won't fault them for shilling CM in this particular instance seeing as WW beat Ares himself, who is not only a god but the god of war (and the only relevant Olympian). Oh, and she did it in the source material also...

                                    Comment


                                      Originally posted by King John View Post
                                      Zero chance Solo would have flopped
                                      I doubt anyone expected Justice League to flop... But here we are. Like I said, the production was troubled and it was getting shat on before it even released because of that. TLJ didn't have any impact on it. Most people liked TLJ, that was apparent by the positive reactions of the scores of people who were asked as they left the theater. Like Captain Marvel, it just got hit hard online by a huge troll campaign.


                                      Originally posted by King John View Post
                                      If End Game decides to have Captain Marvel serve as a deus ex machina and be the one to kill off Thanos, there will be an even bigger backlash. I think they're smarter than that though.
                                      Thanos won't be the big villain, so I don't think you have to worry about that.

                                      Comment


                                        Originally posted by Cid View Post

                                        I doubt anyone expected Justice League to flop... But here we are. Like I said, the production was troubled and it was getting shat on before it even released because of that. TLJ didn't have any impact on it. Most people liked TLJ, that was apparent by the positive reactions of the scores of people who were asked as they left the theater. Like Captain Marvel, it just got hit hard online by a huge troll campaign.
                                        I mean JL doubled it's budget, so it was probably closer to breaking even than truly flopping. I don't know how that refutes anything I said, JL did badly because of the bad rep the DCEU got from past films, same thing that happened to Solo after TLJ, If TLJ was resoundingly loved by Star Wars fans Solo would have done much better than it did. The Force Awakens definitely helped Rogue One be as successful as it was too. I'm sure plenty casual movie goers thought TLJ was ok (everybody who I know that saw it told me it was terrible) but the hardcore Star Wars fan-base hated it, and that's who you need to please if smaller side story movies are going to be successful.

                                        Originally posted by Cid View Post
                                        Thanos won't be the big villain, so I don't think you have to worry about that.
                                        What are you basing this on?

                                        Comment

                                        Working...
                                        X