Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 40 acres View Post
    women power moments were wack

Will never watch this shit again though.

Comment

Originally posted by Post-Crisis Shob View Post

I don’t hate female characters. I hate cheesy propaganda. Some characters are dope like once again Remy from blindspot. She don’t need to assert shit she is just badass. Captain marvel didn’t need a reel of moments showcasing she was being put down by men she could have just been a dope pilot that got super powers. Wonder Woman didn’t even go propaganda crazy and she is the symbol of feminist. I don’t even hate the movie it was just average like the rest of the other filler mcu movies. If it’s not the Russo’s it’s just whatever.

Comment

I don’t hate female characters. I hate cheesy propaganda. Some characters are dope like once again Remy from blindspot. She don’t need to assert shit she is just badass. Captain marvel didn’t need a reel of moments showcasing she was being put down by men she could have just been a dope pilot that got super powers.
        This. More importantly though, Diana would whoop Carol's ass and make her call her "Mommy/Auntie"...

Comment

I really don't get why Wonder Woman is being treated like it's a good movie... Lmao. Shob was absolutely correct, it's an average movie with a thin plot, a bad villain, and gets praise solely for being the one decent DC movie. It's like... Thor 2 level at best. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Oneiros View Post

This. More importantly though, Diana would whoop Carol's ass and make her call her "Mommy/Auntie"...
            Movie vs movie powers carol might got her 🤔

My whole thing is why these “feminist” be liking these lame ass characters. Get a real role model. The females in my family break niggas. So called feminist men underestimate and coddle women.

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post
              I really don't get why Wonder Woman is being treated like it's a good movie... Lmao. Shob was absolutely correct, it's an average movie with a thin plot, a bad villain, and gets praise solely for being the one decent DC movie. It's like... Thor 2 level at best. Lol
              Sounds like hate.

Comment

it's an average movie with a thin plot

gets praise solely for being
                The lack of self-awareness is truly frightening, especially given how the widespread Marvel bandwagoning has run rampant going on a decade now.
                Last edited by Lord L'Zoril; March 11th, 2019, 03:37 PM.

Comment

• Cid
                  Cid commented
                  Editing a comment
                  For the record, I'm not of the persuasion that most of the MCU is great. I think you're underrating some of them, but I'm willing to admit that most of them fall into the 6-7 range and are really just more entertaining than they are good.

Just that Wonder Woman isn't much better than the weakest movies of the MCU.

• Lord L'Zoril
                  Lord L'Zoril commented
                  Editing a comment
                  ...And that's false. I don't consider WW "amazing" or anything, but to liken it to what is almost certainly the worst Marvel movie by far (T2) with the possible exception of the newest one is laughable. Following that metric, MoS would like be a 0/10 and BvS a -1. Fuck off, roooofl.

Cid

Sounds like hate.
                It really isn't.

Gal Gadot makes a great Wonder Woman... But that is pretty much all the movie had going for it. I've seen Wonder Woman three times in all... And I couldn't tell you most of what happened. There was a bomb at one point, she hid a sword in her dress, and she fought Nigel Thornberry at the end. Literally don't remember anything else.

Comment

My whole thing is why these “feminist” be liking these lame ass characters. Get a real role model. The females in my family break niggas. So called feminist men underestimate and coddle women.
                  Haven't seen CM yet, but WW survived DD in BvS. Should be enough to give her that work, evenif they made her more powerful than fucking Thor (lmao).

Yup. Actually bad bitches just bust fools and go about their business like it's another Tuesday. They don't care about "girl power" and other gay shit like that.

Comment

It really isn't.

Gal Gadot makes a great Wonder Woman... But that is pretty much all the movie had going for it. I've seen Wonder Woman three times in all... And I couldn't tell you most of what happened. There was a bomb at one point, she hid a sword in her dress, and she fought Nigel Thornberry at the end. Literally don't remember anything else.
                    What you described is how I feel about the majority of these movies. I have a few standouts I have watched multiple times man of steel, the Russo brothers films l, first class and Logan. Probably watch into the spider verse again. The rest get a god watch at the movies and become a memory

Comment

Just answered your own question there chief

Gol Gadot kicked ass and stopped things from going completely off-the-rails; her being as good as she was in that role is what really elevated the film from the rest of the garbage heap and saved what could have otherwise been yet another embarrassing DC flop.

But outside of Gol Gadot perfecting the character and delivering a really kickass wonder woman...the rest of that movie was just BAD...
                      Last edited by Post-Crisis Shob; March 11th, 2019, 04:00 PM.

Comment

• Cid
                        Cid commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I hear Aquaman is the better movie, but I wasn't able to see it in Theaters.

fyi

FB_IMG_1552337433406.jpg

Comment

What you described is how I feel about the majority of these movies. I have a few standouts I have watched multiple times man of steel, the Russo brothers films l, first class and Logan. Probably watch into the spider verse again. The rest get a god watch at the movies and become a memory
                        I mean... A good number of the Marvel movies are more memorable to me simply because they're more fun to watch. But there are a few that fall into that same range for me. Ant-Man, Thor, Thor 2, Iron Man 2... And probably a few others.

I liked Man of Steel, though. Heck, I really like Henry Cavil as Superman. Him coming back at the end of Justice League and actually fucking acting like Superman was probably a high point of the DCEU for me.

Comment

Haven't seen CM yet, but WW survived DD in BvS. Should be enough to give her that work, evenif they made her more powerful than fucking Thor (lmao).

Yup. Actually bad bitches just bust fools and go about their business like it's another Tuesday. They don't care about "girl power" and other gay shit like that.
                          Nah Carol got some feats. Lame as she is. She essentially is the surfer or Adam Warlock fill in replacement. You have to watch it.

Yep my aunt super successful. She taught me what I know about operating my side businesses and purchasing properties. It’s just about working hard. Everybody has shit they good at and she they suck at.

Comment

its cuz white women are soft af, thats why most feminists are white. notice how dudes like harvey weinstein would never have the balls to try that rapey shit on a black or latina woman, he knows he'd get destroyed in an instant lmao

Originally posted by Kajin_Style
                            Completely denouncing every bit of evidence I present WITHOUT any counter evidence to point to the contrary is not logic; it's outright denial.
                            Originally posted by Kajin_Style
                            I'm sure you'll come up with some debunking excuse.

Comment

I mean... A good number of the Marvel movies are more memorable to me simply because they're more fun to watch. But there are a few that fall into that same range for me. Ant-Man, Thor, Thor 2, Iron Man 2... And probably a few others.

I liked Man of Steel, though. Heck, I really like Henry Cavil as Superman. Him coming back at the end of Justice League and actually fucking acting like Superman was probably a high point of the DCEU for me.
                              I gravitate more towards action and thrillers. More so Inlike fully rounded movies that hit every category just right. So the comedy doesn’t do it for me like that. I laugh but I don’t go back for more.

Cavill was alright they didn’t give his Superman a chance to expand and grow. They jumped straight into some justice league shit. No only that Zod was a great Villain.

Comment

She essentially is the surfer or Adam Warlock fill in replacement.
                                Disgusting. Nothing worse than a preachy Mary Sue but a preachy MS with way too much power. At least the Surfer has the right personality.

As for AM -- I don't doubt it. Momoa is fantastic in virtually everything he's in.
                                Last edited by Lord L'Zoril; March 11th, 2019, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Helly View Post

its cuz white women are soft af, thats why most feminists are white. notice how dudes like harvey weinstein would never have the balls to try that rapey shit on a black or latina woman, he knows he'd get destroyed in an instant lmao
                                  Nah they are going to break those pockets. He would blackmailed and extorted lol.

Comment

Nothing worse than a preachy Mary Sue.
                                    ...heres something worse than a preachy mary sue...

Comment

• Lord L'Zoril
                                      Lord L'Zoril commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      B-But he's "Smashing"... :>(

Originally posted by The Poster Formerly Known as Teal View Post
                                    this is the only thing that could've made me take a hard pass on captain marvel

disappointing but necessary

Comment

Working...
                                    X