X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe incels just prefer Wonder Woman

Comment

Originally posted by Oneiros View Post
      Captain Marvel is a poor woman's Wonder Woman, so it stands to reason that her actress (Brie Larson) be a poor woman's Gal Gadot (actress who portrayed the latter). It is worth noting that there wasn't much backlash from "incels" for WW because Gadot isn't an obnoxious, divisive twat.

That being said, I'll probably still watch it when it's uploaded to NF in a few months, though I really cba to see it in theaters.

...like...lowkey...wonderwoman wasn't really even that good...

DCU movies get graded on a curve where "just okay" is "amazing," because most DCU movies tend to be pretty shit.

Wonderwoman was "just okay." ("just okay" translated to "amazing" because it was being compared to the suck-fest that was suicide squad + batman vs. superman)

MCU movies also get graded on a curve; but in the opposite sort of way.

MCU movies get graded on a curve where "Just okay" is "bad," because most MCU movies tend to be amazing.

My suspicion is that if you don't look at Wonderwoman as part of the DCU or Captain Marvel as part of the MCU and just evaluate them as standalone-films.

Quality wise...they're probably pretty similar...

And Incel troll campaign aside--its a testament to the comparative quality of the two cinematic universes that WW gets held out as this groundbreaking cinematic achievement and the best the DCU has to offer.

While the objective critical consensus seems to be that Captain Marvel is probably the weakest film MCU has put out since Thor 2.

(Yes--WW would be a Thor 2 tier film if it released in MCU)
      Last edited by Post-Crisis Shob; March 8th, 2019, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Louay View Post

No, that feature was literally called "Want to see" and you just answered it with a yes or no with a short comment about the reason for that decision and the percentage of people who said yes appeared on the movie's page. RT removed the feature because people used it exactly as it was meant to be used lol.
        basically the same difference, though. There was a substantial uptick in verified troll comments that dropped it from a high 90% to just over 50%.

Pretty clearly a targeted campaign to discredit the movie by snowflakes on the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by Max View Post
          Maybe incels just prefer Wonder Woman
          Flame Saber hates wonder woman.

Comment

"German" = English with a slapstick Duetsh Accent

Doctor Who Works with Poison Gas = "Dr. Poison"

God of War Aeries = Some Nigel Thornberry looking Motherfucker

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh

I was not overly impressed with Wonderwoman.

Comment

Lol

IMG_20190308_080749.jpg
              Originally posted by Snap
              "man you always know what to get me for my birthday, you really are a nigger"

Comment

Originally posted by Post-Crisis Shob View Post

DCU movies get graded on a curve where "just okay" is "amazing," because most DCU movies tend to be pretty shit.

Wonderwoman was "just okay." ("just okay" translated to "amazing" because it was being compared to the suck-fest that was suicide squad + batman vs. superman)

MCU movies get graded on a curve where "Just okay" is "bad," because most MCU movies tend to be amazing.

My suspicion is that if you don't look at Wonderwoman as part of the DCU or Captain Marvel as part of the MCU and just evaluate them as standalone-films.

And Incel troll campaign aside--its a testament to the comparative quality of the two cinematic universes that WW gets held out as this groundbreaking cinematic achievement and the best the DCU has to offer.

While the objective critical consensus seems to be that Captain Marvel is probably the weakest film MCU has put out since Thor 2.

This is not true at all. A lot of mcu films got crazy passes just because they were mcu films. Then a lot of them don’t even age that well. The only films that stand the test are the Russo brothers films. Iron man franchise mediocre, Thor franchise mediocre, avengers 2 mediocre. Discounting Ironman 1 and Thor ragnorok in that list fans shit on the rest. Mcu gets hella passes. Most of those films get put out on the same template.

Comment

Most MCU movies being amazing is a stretch. Half of them are just as vapid as the DCU movies.

Comment

mcu movies and amazing don't fit in the same category/sentence w.e

Entertaining? sort of

Amazing? haha, no.

movie having women or black people doesn't make it automatically better, also.

Comment

Infinity War greatest movie of all time tbh

Comment

Also the only 'amazing' dc movies were bales batmans.

its been a while since I watched watchmen so won't comment on that

Comment

Russo brothers films are the only films in the mcu I would give the amazing tag. If you put their films vs everything else in the mcu you will see a massive quality difference. Everything from character development to to the fight choreography shits on everything in the genre. I would put them over Nolan.

Comment

Originally posted by Tezcatlipoca View Post
                            "Rich" isn't a race though
                            Still a valid classification, even to the widely-despised leftists you've seemingly fallen for. A white rich woman, no less.

and Jews are literally the most hated group in the world for literally breathing, so what do you mean?
                            What do you mean? I was just making a quip about Jews being rich as fuck.

Originally posted by Kajin_Style
                            Completely denouncing every bit of evidence I present WITHOUT any counter evidence to point to the contrary is not logic; it's outright denial.
                            I'm sure you'll come up with some debunking excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by Helly View Post
                              I was just making a quip about Jews being rich as fuck.
                              ...its almost like cultural emphasis on frugality and academic excellence builds wealth or something...
                              Last edited by Post-Crisis Shob; March 8th, 2019, 01:27 PM.

Comment

...its almost like treating frugality, academic excellence, and pursuit of higher education as key cultural values builds wealth or something...
                                not dissing you guys, i totally respect that

still, though, the same can be said of all the whities that affirmative action affects....or have i read you wrong, and are you against that type of discrimination?

Completely denouncing every bit of evidence I present WITHOUT any counter evidence to point to the contrary is not logic; it's outright denial.
                                I'm sure you'll come up with some debunking excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by Helly View Post

not dissing you guys, i totally respect that

still, though, the same can be said of all the whities that affirmative action affects....or have i read you wrong, and are you against that type of discrimination?
                                  "affirmative action" will literally be etched into every neo nazis grave per their request. This is the go to argument point of every fucking little idiot pretending that this somehow tips the scales of racism in America. What is affirmative action even suppose to prove when minorities are effected negatively before they even get to high school. AC is nothing more than a tool for people like you to point at it as racism against the poor rich white people when in reality it means nothing.

As for the backlash, it's ridiculous. Her comments might have been bad but they were also fair to a point. Point being that you have to be very sensitive to go ape shit because she calls upon diversity.

Comment

...semi related note...

Anyone else getting if they every try to make a live action DBZ again and actually do it right this time with big budget production value, this is what going SSJ should look like vibes off of the CGI here:

Last edited by Post-Crisis Shob; March 8th, 2019, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by #83.6666666667 View Post

"affirmative action" will literally be etched into every neo nazis grave per their request.
                                      Affirmative action really does need to go, tho.

It's not just white people getting affected by it, BTW, since you apparently think the ones who oppose it must be your typical Neo-Nazis (and they do oppose it, obviously...but not because it's racist, only because it doesn't favor THEIR ethnic group of choice to rally behind).

Asian Americans actually have the cards unnecessarily stacked against them, at least in some universities. And the reason for that...is affirmative action basically granting permission to do so, along with the central ideology of most universities guiding this kind of stuff.

Harvard in particular has the become the focal point of this issue, due to the lawsuit levied against it.

I have seen people actually argue it's okay if Asians get discriminated against in college admissions because "50% of university students would be Asian."

It's ridiculous, and TBQF, if "too many [x]" is the reason you're disproportionately favoring/disfavoring certain ethnic groups for your education center...

You might want to rethink your beliefs.

It also won't fix the problem it's trying to address anyways.

If the problem is the schools and the community that minorities grow up in (and it is), lowering the bar for them come college time will only really mean they're going in less prepared than everyone else, while the central issues (bad public schools, a near infection of single-parent households [having too many single parents does not help a community], higher proportion of drug use and crime, etc) go...basically unchecked...
                                      Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; March 8th, 2019, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post

Affirmative action really does need to go, tho.

It's not just white people getting affected by it, BTW, since you apparently think the ones who oppose it must be your typical Neo-Nazis (and they do oppose it, obviously...but not because it's racist, only because it doesn't favor THEIR ethnic group of choice to rally behind).

Asian Americans actually have the cards unnecessarily stacked against them, at least in some universities. And the reason for that...is affirmative action basically granting permission to do so, along with the central ideology of most universities guiding this kind of stuff.

Harvard in particular has the become the focal point of this issue, due to the lawsuit levied against it.

I have seen people actually argue it's okay if Asians get discriminated against in college admissions because "50% of university students would be Asian."

It's ridiculous, and TBQF, if "too many [x]" is the reason you're disproportionately favoring/disfavoring certain ethnic groups for your education center...

You're the racist in the situation.

It also won't fix the problem. If the problem is the schools and the community that minorites grow up in, lowering the bar for them come college time will only really mean they're going in less prepared than their counterparts, while the central issues (bad public schools, a near infection of single-parent households [having too many single parents does not help a community], higher proportion of drug use and crime, etc) go...basically unchecked, lol.
                                        Again, I have to say this, you people have the idea that any black or hispanic can just walk up to Harvard and say "move over asian/white, I want your place" when in reality this doesn't happen. Not only that but this AC does nothing because as you said and I said minorities are held back even before High school. So even if AC was meant to be something good or to help minorities get into Ivy league colleges it has failed.

While I agree that AC does nothing for these communities I disagree with you saying it's racist. Because as you even say, Chinese can also be negatively effected by it. This means that any race is prone to AC. It's a very stupid and useless tool but it's not racist. At least not racist in the classical sense. It is however race oriented.

Comment

Originally posted by #83.6666666667 View Post

Again, I have to say this, you people have the idea that any black or hispanic can just walk up to Harvard and say "move over asian/white, I want your place" when in reality this doesn't happen. Not only that but this AC does nothing because as you said and I said minorities are held back even before High school. So even if AC was meant to be something good or to help minorities get into Ivy league colleges it has failed.

While I agree that AC does nothing for these communities I disagree with you saying it's racist. Because as you even say, Chinese can also be negatively effected by it. This means that any race is prone to AC. It's a very stupid and useless tool but it's not racist. At least not racist in the classical sense. It is however race oriented.
                                          See my edit.

I don't think "racist" is perhaps the best descriptor on second thought, in the way we think of it, at least. I don't think the people behind it ruthlessly hate Asians, for example.

On the other hand, I still think it's too race-oriented, especially for something that doesn't really help (as both you and I seem to agree upon), and the result is generally favoring and disfavoring people based on skin color, and maybe not even that (ethnicity can cross the skin color boundary).

So I still think it needs to go in favor of efforts to close the gap in key areas where disparity exists. Preferrably, I would endorse an economic and social program that seeks to deal with economic and social inequality in general, because as a side effect, the racial disparity would close as a result, seeing as the main disparities manifest in those two areas. So the solution wouldn't have to defend itself from having a focus on race, but still solve that problem at the same.
                                          Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; March 8th, 2019, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X