Whats with the Incel Troll Campaign against Captain Marvel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by King John View Post

I mean JL doubled it's budget, so it was probably closer to breaking even than truly flopping. I don't know how that refutes anything I said, JL did badly because of the bad rep the DCEU got from past films, same thing that happened to Solo after TLJ, If TLJ was resoundingly loved by Star Wars fans Solo would have done much better than it did. The Force Awakens definitely helped Rogue One be as successful as it was too. I'm sure plenty casual movie goers thought TLJ was ok (everybody who I know that saw it told me it was terrible) but the hardcore Star Wars fan-base hated it, and that's who you need to please if smaller side story movies are going to be successful.
    If the previous DC movies had so much influence on JL, then Wonder Woman wouldn't have performed so well considering it was coming in after a series of flops. Justice League, like Solo, did poorly because the news around the movie made it readily apparent that it wasn't going to be good. Movies never do well if their entire production schedule is littered with very public failings.

The hardcore fanbases aren't that important. It's the casual moviegoers that make the overwhelming majority of the money. I mean, cool. Ten million SW junkies got pissy at TLJ and skipped Solo? Well ok, but the casual market has billions of potential viewers. If those guys thought TLJ was pretty good (they rated it as an 'A' after seeing it) then why would they have skipped Solo? Is it because the Star Wars nerds got mad? Or is it because they heard about how the lead actor needed an acting coach and heard that Ron Howard was called in to clean up the previous director's mess?

What are you basing this on?
    Just doesn't make any sense for Thanos to even care about defending himself. He isn't really evil. He thought it was the only way to save the universe. And it seems like he's going to realize that he screwed up. (Russos confirmed that his snap also eliminated half the animals and vegetation in the universe, so he didn't change anything. Half the sentient beings are gone but so is half the food, resources will still be just as scarce.)

Interesting theory I saw is that Death is manipulating him. Made him think he would save the universe when all he did was give her more power.

Comment

Originally posted by Oneiros View Post

Then the joke's on them, because nobody liked or cared about Cyborg even when he was on the TT. May as well have stuck with MM or even GL as the token black superhero, though I've always liked Hal Jordan best.
      That is not true he sort of just fit on the Titans. Also to be fair Dick Grayson and the Robins in general kinda outshine the other members. Even if the name Robin is weak as hell lol.

I feel when it comes to the green lantern I like different Lanterns. They each have their own story. I just don't like bukkshit writing. My problem has never been comics switching characters. It's the writing that goes into these series that make me be like nah fuck outta here.

I planning on binging some series tonight not doing shit tonight. Supernatural been good this season?

Comment

Originally posted by 40 acres View Post

That is not true he sort of just fit on the Titans. Also to be fair Dick Grayson and the Robins in general kinda outshine the other members. Even if the name Robin is weak as hell lol.

I feel when it comes to the green lantern I like different Lanterns. They each have their own story. I just don't like bukkshit writing. My problem has never been comics switching characters. It's the writing that goes into these series that make me be like nah fuck outta here.

I planning on binging some series tonight not doing shit tonight. Supernatural been good this season?
        It's funny because even the Robins have their own inferiority complexes. Dick always trying to be Bruce, Jason always trying to be Dick, Tim always trying to be Jason etc. Bruce forever the Big Boss.

Eh. I like Jack and Rowena has grown on me, but this season hasn't shown much of Ketch and Bobby. We did see Nick (Lucifer's host) though, if you're into that. All in all, not that good but not as bad as a few of the past seasons. The Michael storyline got the Billy Russo treatment. :/
        Last edited by Kai’ckul; March 17th, 2019, 02:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post

If the previous DC movies had so much influence on JL, then Wonder Woman wouldn't have performed so well considering it was coming in after a series of flops. Justice League, like Solo, did poorly because the news around the movie made it readily apparent that it wasn't going to be good. Movies never do well if their entire production schedule is littered with very public failings.

The hardcore fanbases aren't that important. It's the casual moviegoers that make the overwhelming majority of the money. I mean, cool. Ten million SW junkies got pissy at TLJ and skipped Solo? Well ok, but the casual market has billions of potential viewers. If those guys thought TLJ was pretty good (they rated it as an 'A' after seeing it) then why would they have skipped Solo? Is it because the Star Wars nerds got mad? Or is it because they heard about how the lead actor needed an acting coach and heard that Ron Howard was called in to clean up the previous director's mess?
          Wonder Woman was the Black Panther for females, it was going to make a ton of money because it was "the first female superhero movie." Plus it had good word of mouth being the first DCEU movie to not be critically panned. JL was a movie everybody was wanting to hate before it even came out. You really think the casual movie goer even heard about any of the behind the scenes stuff like the lead actor needing an acting coach or anything to do about the production of the film? Casual audiences don't pay attention to stuff like that. Even if it is just "ten million SW junkies," as you put it, that's still 80-100 million dollars in revenue lost.

Originally posted by Cid View Post
          Just doesn't make any sense for Thanos to even care about defending himself. He isn't really evil. He thought it was the only way to save the universe. And it seems like he's going to realize that he screwed up. (Russos confirmed that his snap also eliminated half the animals and vegetation in the universe, so he didn't change anything. Half the sentient beings are gone but so is half the food, resources will still be just as scarce.)

Interesting theory I saw is that Death is manipulating him. Made him think he would save the universe when all he did was give her more power.
          Wouldn't bet on Death being introduced in End Game, too late to implement a "more powerful true villain pulling the strings" this late in the series with no warning. Thanos was teased for a decade and was praised for how he was portrayed in Infinity War. If I had to guess I would say the majority of the movie is the Avengers trying to find a way to time travel to before the "snap," and defeat Thanos.

Comment

Wonder Woman was the Black Panther for females, it was going to make a ton of money because it was "the first female superhero movie." Plus it had good word of mouth being the first DCEU movie to not be critically panned. JL was a movie everybody was wanting to hate before it even came out. You really think the casual movie goer even heard about any of the behind the scenes stuff like the lead actor needing an acting coach or anything to do about the production of the film? Casual audiences don't pay attention to stuff like that. Even if it is just "ten million SW junkies," as you put it, that's still 80-100 million dollars in revenue lost.
            We'll have to agree to disagree on this. I think you're wrong, but since there's no real way for either of us to prove our opinion is right the entire discussion is pointless. We'll just have to see how well the movies franchises perform in the future.

Wouldn't bet on Death being introduced in End Game, too late to implement a "more powerful true villain pulling the strings" this late in the series with no warning. Thanos was teased for a decade and was praised for how he was portrayed in Infinity War. If I had to guess I would say the majority of the movie is the Avengers trying to find a way to time travel to before the "snap," and defeat Thanos.
            I certainly hope the time travel rumors aren't true. Never liked the Deus ex Machina approach that time travel always brings. I would much, much rather have them enter the Soul Stone to bring everyone back and undo the Snap.

They could introduce Death, though. The next phase of the MCU is supposed to revolve mostly around the cosmic side of the universe and she's one of the primary cosmic entities, along with Eternity and Galactus. They don't have to set her up as a big bad. Thanos can still be the movie's antagonist because they probably won't confront him until near the end of the movie anyway. *shrugs*

Comment

Working...
            X