No announcement yet.

DBS: Broly VA gets hit by #MeToo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Sidenote]: YouTube videos should never be produced as proofs for anything other than primary source documentation of an event recorded in the video (i.e. there’s a police brutality incident and someone catches it on their cellphone cam + uploads the video. Yes. Cite to the uploaded video on YouTube for proof that the incident occurred or didn’t occur the way someone is describing it). That’s it. If you aren’t citing to a video for present-sense-impression of a recorded event, I don’t want to hear about it.
    Last edited by Post-Crisis Shob; February 22nd, 2019, 11:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Post-Crisis Shob View Post
      If they had multiple coworkers saying that Vic engaged in unwanted grabbing and kissing and Vic’s own admission that he made sexual advances on same-said women, that’s enough for a proper termination.
      That's what I assumed.

I still think the "legal action" he's taking will likely be just C&D letters to websites and prominent social media personalities as a way to try and control the situation. No actual criminal charges for slander or defamation.

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post

That's what I assumed.

I still think the "legal action" he's taking will likely be just C&D letters to websites and prominent social media personalities as a way to try and control the situation. No actual criminal charges for slander or defamation.
        ***civil action (slander and defamation are civil actions; not crimes. People who slander and defame don’t get criminally charged. They get sued). It’s only criminal if they did something like file a false police report.

Comment

• Cid
          Cid commented
          Editing a comment
          My bad. I should have known that since you literally just typed it in your previous reply as well. I blame third shift work.

• Post-Crisis Shob
          Post-Crisis Shob commented
          Editing a comment
          Lol your fine. Just bitch me out extra hard the next time I fuck up basic astronomy or something.

ANN didn't take the picture out of context, the Pro-Vic people did. ANN posted the images but never, at any point, implied those images were depicting non-consensual interactions. In fact, far from it, the article, in that portion, was talking about how handsy he can be with fans (especially younger ones) and used those images to illustrate that point. As soon as the people in the photos asked for the photos to be removed, ANN removed them without question as well. But regardless, I've stated numerous times that the accusations from fans aren't that important here. "Fans" aren't held to any kind of standard. The important accusations against him all come from industry professionals. Those are the only ones that matter, coming from a legal standpoint.
        It's disingenuous, because him being handsy with fans is irrelevant to the point of him being a sexual predator because one can argue he's just being friendly. We've seen pictures with other VAs, who are ironically against him, being just as handsy.

I haven't seen other VAs threaten anyone. I saw Monica Rials inform her fans that she was keeping up with the threats of violence against her and that she would turn them over to police. That's not a threat to fans. That's her defending herself. Any attempts to paint it otherwise are pretty scummy. If any of you assholes made
        You clearly aren't keeping up then. Monica was an idiot about the entire situation. She wasn't saying she'd report fans who threaten her. She was reporting anybody who questioned or said anything remotely negative about her. You can't report somebody to homeland security because you said, "The way you're handling this situation is immature."

They've been corroborated by other industry professionals and well as by convention and hotel staff that were involved. For Vic's own statements, he hasn't actually denied most of the allegations but instead has been saying that it was always consensual or that he's just overly affectionate... I mean, he's not even denying that he's touched, groped, and made sexual advances on these women without permission. He's just claiming he thought it was always consensual. Even when he admits that the person in question quickly left his room as soon as they were able to get free from him. Come on dude. lol
        All from an unsourced, unsupported news article with no official statement from Funimation. With "anonymous" witnesses. If the article ends up being collaborated, then you won't see any arguments from me anymore.

I mean... Journalists from a reputable site are already much more credible than youtube neckbeards. There's a certain amount of professionalism involved here. But yes, I'm much more inclined to believe interviews from a journalist's article on a reputable website than I am some rando on youtube. And no, none of the i09 article I sourced has been confirmed to have been fabricated. That's just a blatant lie on your behalf.
        I don't take any of it as a fact yet and neither should you.

Yes, sure, rumors. By industry professionals who'd have no reason to lie... Come on dude, why are you reaching so hard here?
        This is your assumption. You have no idea what somebody's motives might be.

It is when they're your own peers making the accusations, accusations that were corroborated by other members of your industry as well as by convention and hotel staff, independently.
        The burden of proof is on the accusers and it's their responsibility to pursue legal action. If they pursue a persecution and lay out their case, then it's his burden to prove the accusations are false. The burden doesn't immediately fall upon the accused, who have a presumption of innocence. Of course, he may need to prove their claims are lies if he does decide to pursue legally because then he'll be making the accusation that they're lying.

Still waiting for a court case and not what an article says.

Very doubtful. He's only got a case against some rando fans on twitter and no lawyer worth their salt will try to bring civil suits against random twitter followers. It'd cost more than it's worth and would just further drive his reputation into the dirt.
        Never mentioned it would be twitter randos. He'll be taking action against him former coworkers.

Kissing and groping. It's sexual harassment but it wouldn't be enough for police to ever investigate since most of these claims are years old.
        There was one described instance where he was clearly forceful and used his strength.

He's had it coming for a long time, honestly.
        Perhaps, but I don't think people on twitter should decide that.

I mean... I obviously know more than you do about law. lol
        I mean...you clearly don't, since you confused what are very obviously civil actions (ex: defamation, did you miss when I specifically said he'd take it to civil court?) as criminal charges. This is the most basic of our justice system, the separation of criminal and civil cases. Maybe pick up an actual book instead of going by what you researched from wikipedia as a 17 year old.
        Last edited by Raniero; February 23rd, 2019, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Raniero View Post
          I mean...you clearly don't
          Yeah but, the actual, barred lawyer just agreed with me this morning. So obviously I do. lol. You should read his post. The rest of your post is irrelevant now, so I'm not going to waste my time responding.

Comment

Yeah but, the actual, barred lawyer just agreed with me this morning. So obviously I do. lol. You should read his post
            I did. Nothing he said validated what you said, because a lot of his post was a big if and he doesn't truly know what really happened in the investigation and neither do you. Because Funimation hasn't released any details of the investigation.

And...I mean, you still clearly don't have a understanding of the difference between civil and criminal law and you still seem to believe in the silly concept of presumption of guilt, so no, you obviously don't know more about the law than I do.

The rest of your post is irrelevant now, so I'm not going to waste my time responding.
            No, because his post doesn't actually address my entire comment, so nice cop-out.

I'll reiterate, you do realize his post only applies if any of what you said was true, right? He spoke in a total hypothetical, because absolutely nothing about that article you keep using in your argument is confirmed to be factual--these "anonymous" women or Vic admitting he thought the sexual acts were consensual. I mean, if you want to be a sheep that'll take everything at face value, fine, but just admit it rather than running away. This is all pretty ironic coming from the same guy that defended James Gunn.
            Last edited by Raniero; February 23rd, 2019, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Ran, do you have any proof that the accusations against Vic from his peers are false? Do you have any evidence that would imply they were lying?

No?

Ok, closed case. You can stop responding.

And yes, because I know what your (predictable) response will be, I'll go ahead and address it.

I do have evidence that supports the notion that they're telling the truth. It's called corroboration by other people in the industry and the fact that Funimation fired him after they investigated the claims. It's more evidence than you have and it's the only evidence that matters from a legal standpoint. That's why Shob agreed with me. Lol

So could you kindly stop wasting my time with your nonsensical replies? I'm a busy man.

Comment

I do have evidence that supports the notion that they're telling the truth.
                An article is not evidence.

It's called corroboration by other people in the industry
                Only two women have gone on record of coming forward who were not "anonymous" and both women have outed themselves to have been very friendly with Vic prior.

and the fact that Funimation fired him after they investigated the claims.
                Show me an investigation report and not your own assumptions about how the investigation.

It's more evidence than you have and it's the only evidence that matters from a legal standpoint. That's why Shob agreed with me. Lol
                You misinformed Shob. He doesn't follow the story, nor does he know all the facts. Like the fact that article you talked about isn't confirmed factual and still unsupported by officials.

So could you kindly stop wasting my time with your nonsensical replies? I'm a busy man.
                You aren't that busy if you found the time to log in just to respond to me lol

I'm sure modding this dead site is a very tough job.
                Last edited by Raniero; February 23rd, 2019, 09:52 PM.

Comment

So you don't have any evidence that would allude to the claims being false? That's all I needed to know, concession accepted, friend.

Comment

• Cid
                    Cid commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Raniero I'm being being hypocritical because I don't count random neckbeards on Youtube as a credible source? Wat?

Don't turn yourself in a joke, mate. Lmao

• Raniero
                    Raniero commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I didn't say that though lmao

I was alluding to something else entirely.

• Cid
                    Cid commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Raniero Then you've got me mistaken for somebody else.

So you don't have any evidence that would allude to the claims being false? That's all I needed to know, concession accepted, friend.
                  And you don't have evidence that would allude to them being true. It's all he said, she said. Only concession I'm willing to admit is that there's no proof of anything yet.

Comment

broly wins vs superman

superior destructive power universal ++

superman star level durability

/thread

Comment

Gonna have to agree with Gamal on this one.

Comment

So, looks like Vic got absolutely destroyed in court. Lmao.

Judge just ruled that he had to pay out over $250,000 to Rial, Toye, Marchi, and Funimation.

Comment

So, looks like Vic got absolutely destroyed in court. Lmao.

Judge just ruled that he had to pay out over $250,000 to Rial, Toye, Marchi, and Funimation.
                          dabbed on.

Comment

Originally posted by Max View Post

dabbed on.
                            Honestly, that's what he gets. Dude knew he did some shady shit. He should have crawled under a rock and let it run its course so he could, maybe, come back in a few years after claiming he went to therapy. Now he's gonna be known as the guy who is not only sexist but also sued his employer (and victims) for defamation and lost. He's basically ensured he'll never find good work again.

Comment

Working...
                            X