DBS: Broly VA gets hit by #MeToo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raniero View Post
    Then Funimation should be held accountable.
    sure....but so should the serial groper

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post

Probably not. I imagine Funimation's investigation was all internal with the coaches, other VAs, and various other staffers that privately lodged complaints against Vic.
      Yeah, sure, probably. This started because of users on twitters making the claim and it still remains unproven that he sexually assaulted anyone. Then Bulma's VA randomly accused him of sexually assaulted him after being good friends with him for years. I call bullshit. It looks like they fired him because business with him looked bad due to the outrage culture on twitter.

The twitter accusations don't really need to be addressed at all if they've got enough evidence internally to make the decision.
      People have been fired for less. I'd like to actually see evidence they fired him because he did something within the company. Until then, I'm not assuming anything.

Even in this case, Vic was fired from Roosterteeth without any actual investigation because of the above reason.

Originally posted by Helly View Post

sure....but so should the serial groper
      Sure, if he's actually a groper. So far, he hasn't been shown groping anyone. I'm not taking the words of anybody as a fact, especially since so many of his accusers have been outed as liars, having a personal grudge because they think he's homophobic, or having zero credibility.
      Last edited by Raniero; February 20th, 2019, 12:43 AM.

Comment

Regardless of whether you think he's innocent or guilty, y'all care about this too damn much lol

Guy is just an "actor" for a (bad) cartoon

Comment

Sure, if he's actually a groper. So far, he hasn't been shown groping anyone. I'm not taking the words of anybody as a fact, especially since so many of his accusers have been outed as liars, having a personal grudge because they think he's homophobic, or having zero credibility.
          hey man, you're talking to both the second biggest misogynist on this site and 4th or 5th biggest lefty hater. i dont take a woman's word to mean shit all on its own. but it's not just accusations, it's a combination of all this shit - Vic's admission to seek counseling, Vic's prior reputation, Vic turning to his own fans and using their adoration of him to employ them as grunts to go defend him like he's some exploitative saturday cartoon super villain, Bulma's VA coming forward as well even though she had been on Twitter stupidly defending DBS against an obvious troll post....It's just too much at this point, something is going on.

Originally posted by Oneiros View Post
          Regardless of whether you think he's innocent or guilty, y'all care about this too damn much lol

Guy is just an "actor" for a (bad) cartoon
          who me, i was just trying to get this turned into a flame war between the DBZ stans and the #believewamen crowd, hence "i like a good dumpster fire". unfort, DBZ stans were mostly a no-show, so this thread became srs business. what else is there to do, talk about the """"""""""""politics""""""""""" involving donald j trump? as fun as it sounds to continually lose my faith in humanity and slip further over the precipice towards totalitarianism, im gonna have to give it a pass

Comment

• Raniero
            Raniero commented
            Editing a comment
            Bulma's VA was also sending kissing emotes to Vic in December. Seeking counseling isn't an admittance of guilt.

>Vic turning to his own fans and using their adoration of him to employ them as grunts to go defend him like he's some exploitative saturday cartoon super villain

What?
            Last edited by Raniero; February 21st, 2019, 02:30 AM.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/one-of-anime...ssm-1832390505

Saw this earlier. (and before any of you cretins pull out the "ew gawker" card, remember you guys are citing neckbeards on youtube that stalk twitter.)

i09 managed to get some additional info on the story and talked to three people who were part of Funimation's investigation as well as Mignogna himself.

Some highlights from the article;

Funimation actually began their investigation in Summer 2018. When the DBS: Broly movie was being dubbed Funimation had reports from some of the staff about him, which caused Funi to start the investigation. So that means they had been aware of the incidents and were looking into them for about six to eight months before things blew up.

When confront with multiple of the stories from funimation staff and voice actresses, Mignogna didn't deny any of the incidents and instead, in all but one case, he told i09 that he was under the impression that all the encounters were consensual. i09 was even able to verify that he lied to them about certain parts of his stories by not only confirming incidents with the VAs and cosplayers in question but by also getting confirmation of reported incidents from hotel staff dating back several years.

It's an interesting read and paints a picture of dude with a major god-complex and no physical boundaries to speak of. For his part, he hasn't seemed to have actually raped anyone though it seems like he's come close a few times.

Comment

#believewamen
            Exactly which site do you think you're on...? Of the ten and a half members who post with any semblance of regularity, the faggot with the Zoro avatar is the only one in that camp. Possibly Shob.

Then again, Shob is apparently a barred lawyer and should subscribe to "Innocent until proven guilty."

totalitarianism
            Eurgh. Actually a homosexual.

If anything, you should be more pro-anarchism now, given the endless fall-out from people on Trump's shriveled orange 'sack (both in the good way and bad). Lord of the Flies' dystopian setting > 1984's.
            Last edited by Oneiros; February 20th, 2019, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Then again, Shob is apparently a barred lawyer and should subscribe to "Innocent until proven guilty."
              As far as I'm aware, Shob shares my stances in saying that it's pretty unlikely that scores of prominent women in the entertainment industry will risk their careers to shit on somebody just because they dislike them. Rando cosplayers on twitter are dumb and have little to lose. So they could and probably do exaggerate and lie just to be in the popular crowd. But entertainers who have legal teams and publishers are much, much less likely to lie about something like this because they know if they're caught in that lie that it would destroy their career just as badly as the false claims destroy the accused.

Comment

As far as I'm aware, Shob shares my stances in saying that it's pretty unlikely that scores of prominent women in the entertainment industry will risk their careers to shit on somebody just because they dislike them. Rando cosplayers on twitter are dumb and have little to lose. So they could and probably do exaggerate and lie just to be in the popular crowd. But entertainers who have legal teams and publishers are much, much less likely to lie about something like this because they know if they're caught in that lie that it would destroy their career just as badly as the false claims destroy the accused.
                To clarify, we were talking about the psychotic #BelieveAllWymyn types who automatically believe every accused man is guilty, regardless of how deranged the accuser may be. These people are also prone to conflating sexual harassment with rape. Again, I doubt Shob falls into this category. Kajin is a rare breed hereabouts, thankfully.

That being said, I haven't been following this particular story at all since I don't know (nor do I care) who this man is. If he's being accused by his peers, plural, then yeah, it stands to reason that he's probably a creep. If he were a Spacey, I might actually care. But he's not, so I don't. DB fags getting BTFO like they deserve, though. Sucks that some innocent women had to get goosed first, but every war comes with casualties.

Comment

• Cid
                  Cid commented
                  Editing a comment
                  He was also Ed Elric in both the Full Metal Alchemist series, so you do know him (probably). But yeah, dude seems like a creeper. Probably good that he's getting taken off the shelf given the sheer number of of his peers coming forward with stories. Seems like he was a nightmare to work with.

• Oneiros
                  Oneiros commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah, those are two of the handful of anime I've actually seen. Pity. He wasn't exceptional or anything, but guy did a decent job. Why would he voice a fag like Broly with VA credits like that to his name anyway? Permanent insanity? Smh

quit being a faggot, everyone knows what an alt-leftist is
                Name one alt-left leader.

Comment

Originally posted by Tezcatlipoca View Post

Name one alt-left leader.
                  name one alt-right leader
                  Originally posted by Kajin_Style ;n513566
                  Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

Comment

https://io9.gizmodo.com/one-of-anime...ssm-1832390505

Saw this earlier. (and before any of you cretins pull out the "ew gawker" card, remember you guys are citing neckbeards on youtube that stalk twitter.)

i09 managed to get some additional info on the story and talked to three people who were part of Funimation's investigation as well as Mignogna himself.

Some highlights from the article;

Funimation actually began their investigation in Summer 2018. When the DBS: Broly movie was being dubbed Funimation had reports from some of the staff about him, which caused Funi to start the investigation. So that means they had been aware of the incidents and were looking into them for about six to eight months before things blew up.

When confront with multiple of the stories from funimation staff and voice actresses, Mignogna didn't deny any of the incidents and instead, in all but one case, he told i09 that he was under the impression that all the encounters were consensual. i09 was even able to verify that he lied to them about certain parts of his stories by not only confirming incidents with the VAs and cosplayers in question but by also getting confirmation of reported incidents from hotel staff dating back several years.

It's an interesting read and paints a picture of dude with a major god-complex and no physical boundaries to speak of. For his part, he hasn't seemed to have actually raped anyone though it seems like he's come close a few times.
                    You mean the summer investigation they said was "inconclusive"? That's not the same as the recent one.
                    Last edited by Raniero; February 20th, 2019, 11:13 PM.

Comment

You mean the summer investigation they said was "inclusive"? That's not the same as the recent one.
                      *Inconclusive

And yes, I'm aware it's not the exact same investigation. It was, however, an investigation into similar allegations against him. More likely than not, Funimation found evidence of Mignogna's behavior but didn't act on it because they knew the Broly movie would be a huge cash cow for them and didn't want to mire the movie's release with rumors of sexual abuse from one of the attached stars, nor did they want to postpone the movie dub's global release by having to recast him.

So you were right about one thing, it was all business. Just not from the perspective you thought. Funimation should be held accountable for not addressing these allegations when they first learned about them. But that doesn't mean Mignogna himself shouldn't be held accountable for his actions.
                      Last edited by Cid; February 20th, 2019, 08:51 PM.

Comment

More likely than not, Funimation found evidence of Mignogna's behavior but didn't act on it because they knew the Broly movie would be a huge cash cow for them and didn't want to mire the movie's release with rumors of sexual abuse from one of the attached stars, nor did they want to postpone the movie dub's global release by having to recast him.
                        An assumption.

Edit: Anyway, Vic is getting a lawyer and I'm glad that actual law will be involved instead of trial by social media bullshit. Leave it to the justice system, Cid , not some reporters giving unsourced interviews.
                        Last edited by Raniero; February 21st, 2019, 02:27 AM.

Comment

An assumption.
                          Based on logic and reason, of course. But pretty much all of the arguments for him are also assumptions, and most have no base in anything except fan loyalty.

Edit: Anyway, Vic is getting a lawyer and I'm glad that actual law will be involved instead of trial by social media bullshit. Leave it to the justice system, Cid , not some reporters giving unsourced interviews.
                          Good that he's getting a lawyer, I guess. Though it probably won't do him much good. The best he could go for is defamation but he won't have any evidence that the claims are false and would get trounced if it actually went to court. More likely than not, it'll just be a scare tactic to try to dissuade youtube channels and popular twitter accounts from talking about the accusations by sending baseless C&D letters. It's not like he can sue Rooster Teeth and Funimation for wrongful termination since they reserve the right to fire him for any reason they choose. So long as they haven't broken any contracts with him. (and if those contracts covered improper conduct outside of business activity, then they can break contract too since again, he won't be able to prove any accusations against him are false.)
                          Last edited by Cid; February 21st, 2019, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Based on logic and reason, of course. But pretty much all of the arguments for him are also assumptions, and most have no base in anything except fan loyalty.

Good that he's getting a lawyer, I guess. Though it probably won't do him much good. The best he could go for is defamation but he won't have any evidence that the claims are false and would get trounced if it actually went to court. More likely than not, it'll just be a scare tactic to try to dissuade youtube channels and popular twitter accounts from talking about the accusations by sending baseless C&D letters. It's not like he can sue Rooster Teeth and Funimation for wrongful termination since they reserve the right to fire him for any reason they choose. So long as they haven't broken any contracts with him. (and if those contracts covered improper conduct outside of business activity, then they can break contract too since again, he won't be able to prove any accusations against him are false.)
                            It's all he said, she said, with many of the latter having been caught lying or fabricating numerous times. There's no logic and reasoning in your argument, it's just a conclusion you drew from information you got from an article with questionable credibility. There's no actual facts supporting a thing you said. There's no proof of anything here. You're no better than the people who're blindly defending him.

It's really telling that despite all these accusations, there's been no law enforcement involvement.

Edit: Also, I have no idea why you're arguing like the burden of proof is on Vic to prove the allegations are false. There is no presumption of guilt until proven innocent in our justice system. It's the opposite. The burden of proof is on the people accusing him and in the eye of the law, he's currently innocent of any crime. Sorry, but twitter and websites don't decide when somebody is guilty.
                            Last edited by Raniero; February 21st, 2019, 07:44 AM.

Comment

It's all he said, she said, with many of the latter having been caught lying or fabricating numerous times. There's no logic and reasoning in your argument, it's just a conclusion you drew from information you got from an article with questionable credibility. There's no actual facts supporting a thing you said. There's no proof of anything here. You're no better than the people who're blindly defending him.

It's really telling that despite all these accusations, there's been no law enforcement involvement.

Edit: Also, I have no idea why you're arguing like the burden of proof is on Vic to prove the allegations are false. There is no presumption of guilt until proven innocent in our justice system. It's the opposite. The burden of proof is on the people accusing him and in the eye of the law, he's currently innocent of any crime. Sorry, but twitter and websites don't decide when somebody is guilty.
                              The evidence against him is all circumstantial, but it's also all valid within a court so long as there are no contradictions in it. As far as I'm aware, there's only one instance of a notable "claim" against him that was proven to be false. And that wasn't even a claim against him, but rather youtubers taking the initial ANN article out of context. As such, it wouldn't hold up in court as a means to discredit the accusations against him. The claims of images being photoshopped to make it look worse are complete assumptions based off one person being seen saying that an image should be manipulated (with the owner of the image immediately and bluntly refusing any attempt to do so.) For reference, the notable claims are from the other VAs and the professional cosplayers, not random fans claiming he groped them. Their opinions and accusations aren't important to the legal aspects here. None of the VAs or industry professionals have had their accusations proven to be false and most of them have been supported by other industry professionals.

Funimation conducted numerous interviews and heard out multiple stories, that were apparently corroborated with convention and hotel staff. Vic's only defense against those accusations was a repeated claim that all encounters were always consensual, which won't hold up in court. Especially since one of those claims was apparently an outright lie since the convention managers confirmed receiving a report about it. All of this is further compounded by the fact that his behavior has apparently been a known secret in the industry for over a decade with many, many of his peers coming out and saying that they knew how he acted and would warn their friends and make active attempts to block him from being alone with female peers. So in a court, yes the burden of proof will be on him since the circumstantial evidence seems to be strong enough for a judge to want an explanation from him. He and his lawyer will have to make a case to prove that all of his physical interactions were consensual in nature. So far, at least publicly, he has not been able to do that. This is why he and his lawyer likely will not take anything to court and instead just use the law firm as a scare tactic to stifle discussion.

As for no law enforcement involvement, unless an act was definitely criminal in nature then there can't be any criminal charges made months or years after the fact. Nobody has claimed he's raped them or forced himself on them. The claims are all that he's made sexual comments, repeated advances, and made unwanted physical contact. That last one could be played off as sexual assault, but it seems like none of it is bad enough to involve police.

He's just a creep, not a criminal. (As far as we're currently aware at least.)

Now as always, I'm not an attorney. My studies in law were all done on my own as prep for me to attend law school and so I can't be sure anything I said is true. As always, I defer to Post-Crisis Shobto make any corrections to what I've said since he actually is an attorney who specializes in these types of cases. (I think he said he does, at least.)
                              Last edited by Cid; February 21st, 2019, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Raniero One word: professionalism. Or simply maintaining the status quo. Do you have any idea how many people are living with their abusers at this moment and keeping up the front that nothing happened/is happening?

Vic seeking counseling means he has a problem.

Read the article in the op. It links to a tweet with screenshots of Vic instructing one of his fanclubs to go out and defend him.

Exactly which site do you think you're on...? Of the ten and a half members who post with any semblance of regularity, the faggot with the Zoro avatar is the only one in that camp. Possibly Shob.

Eurgh. Actually a homosexual.

If anything, you should be more pro-anarchism now, given the endless fall-out from people on Trump's shriveled orange 'sack (both in the good way and bad). Lord of the Flies' dystopian setting > 1984's.
                                eh there coulda been more working incognito you never know

Anarchism?.......what country are you living in? Haven't you noticed the increments of fascistic tendencies in both the left and the right? Not even the extremes, either; mainstream lefties and righties are deciding more and mord that they have nothing to say to each other, they are completely convinced of their righteousness. The rise of the information age has spawned "information" tailor-made to any bias you can conceive of, which means that...ahahaha....the information age has ironically led its congregants into the misinformation age.

And besides...the unwashed masses wouldn't be able to get as many gibbs as they reap now if they went the route of anarchy, which is a huge non-starter for them.
                                Last edited by Helly; February 21st, 2019, 12:09 PM.

Comment

>"everyone in the industry knows about Vic's true nature"
                                  >still goes to his hotel room alone and drinks wine

1516998714243.gif
                                  Last edited by Louay; February 21st, 2019, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Louay View Post
                                    >"everyone in the industry knows about Vic's true nature"
                                    >still goes to his hotel room alone and drinks whine
                                    Yeah and he apparently had her booth moved at the convention after the incident, which negatively impacted her time there.

Funny how things work when people hold substantial power over you. (Also, she says there was no wine involved.)

Comment

Yeah and he apparently had her booth moved at the convention after the incident, which negatively impacted her time there.

Funny how things work when people hold substantial power over you. (Also, she says there was no wine involved.)
                                      Funny how you can be a woman, act retarded and lack any sense of responsibility and then blame the world when bad things happen to you lol
                                      Originally posted by Kajin_Style ;n513566
                                      Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

Comment

Working...
                                      X