Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pokemon Detective Pikachu

Welcome to the Smash Bros Cinematic Universe

That trailer brought so many mixed emotions that I'm not sure whether I want to see it or want to burn every copy of it I ever find.

So conflicted. I don't like this.

Comment

ideally a #metoo controversy will topple this production

Comment

How is this not just a fan-film and actually greenlit and produced by an actual studio?! This looks awful beyond human reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Tenryuunaito View Post
          How is this not just a fan-film and actually greenlit and produced by an actual studio?! This looks awful beyond human reason.

Comment

It looks interesting though. First live action pokemon film ever to be made? Better than nothing! :)

Comment

This looks an awful lot like Ted 2 to me. I'll pass.

Comment

The Pokemon Company aren't incompetent hac-
                Originally posted by Kajin_Style
                I have this illness called "Having-a-Heart" and gives me this irrational sense of empathy and care for my fellow man.

Comment

I actually don't mind this. The CG is weird but so is the Detective Pikachu story in general. I didn't play the game in its entirety but it was well-written enough and had charm from what I experienced, so I hope the movie has charm with some decent writing to back it up. Obviously typical garbage American humor is going to be a problem, but eh, I'll give it a chance, I liked the Mr. Mime scene; the rest of the comedy was very miss, though.
                  Originally posted by Kajin_Style ;n513566
                  Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

Comment

Holy crap. Apparently, this movie doesn't completely suck.

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post
                      Holy crap. Apparently, this movie doesn't completely suck.
                      Wow who could have predicted that
                      cough
                      Originally posted by Kajin_Style ;n513566
                      Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

Comment

i actually liked the previews from this one tbh. was kind of hesitant after hearing about a talking pikachu, but they actually managed to do something with it here. I also liked the take on their designs, pikachu is moe as fugg imo

first of these slew of live-action movies that i'm actually anticipating unironically, hope the rest of it is fun

-edit-

as a still, it looks weird, but in motion this scene was cute af lol

Last edited by Helly; May 3rd, 2019, 09:00 AM.

Completely denouncing every bit of evidence I present WITHOUT any counter evidence to point to the contrary is not logic; it's outright denial.
                        I'm sure you'll come up with some debunking excuse.

Comment

Working...
                        X