Martial arts movies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Martial arts movies

So what happened to them? The genre has become pretty mediocre with a few good ones being produced. Anyone with some good recommendations? I am not just talking modern. I am referring to in general.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j5Frq4gbHY

I've watched so many that its getting harder, and harder to find good ones. You like delinquent movies/shows? Not exactly martial arts, but sorta similar. If so High & Low is decent, it has 2 seasons, and few movies.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Hank View Post
      I've watched so many that its getting harder, and harder to find good ones. You like delinquent movies/shows? Not exactly martial arts, but sorta similar. If so High & Low is decent, it has 2 seasons, and few movies.
      Never heard of it might have to look it up. Looking for some kill time shit for do nothing days like this.

Comment

Originally posted by 40 acres View Post

Never heard of it might have to look it up. Looking for some kill time shit for do nothing days like this.
        https://kissasian.es/Drama/HiGH-LOW

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Hank View Post
          Oh one of those korean/japanese series. They are like the live action version of anime for them. Never watched any of them.

Comment

Oh one of those korean/japanese series. They are like the live action version of anime for them. Never watched any of them.
            It's Japanese. I don't fucks with K-dramas and movies.(except for few really good movies)

Comment

You know these these things go in waves, at the moment most of these films have been pushed the small screen with Netflix because nobody wants to give them a budget.

Comment

Originally posted by EnemyOfDaState View Post
                You know these these things go in waves, at the moment most of these films have been pushed the small screen with Netflix because nobody wants to give them a budget.
                I know superhero movies pretty much dominated. Very few genres are getting greenlit for decent budgets because of the competition. John Wick was a fluke that slipped in. The closest thing to a John Woo movie you are going to see in the new era.

Comment

I know superhero movies pretty much dominated. Very few genres are getting greenlit for decent budgets because of the competition. John Wick was a fluke that slipped in. The closest thing to a John Woo movie you are going to see in the new era.
                  Pretty much, give it another 5 years and we will get our 90's nostalgia wave. The other big issue is that there aren't many new actors with the star power to carry one of these films, "Demolition Man" was a stupid plot that became a classic purely based off Stallone and Wesley Snipes performance. The action star is a dead concept.

Comment

Pretty much, give it another 5 years and we will get our 90's nostalgia wave. The other big issue is that there aren't many new actors with the star power to carry one of these films, "Demolition Man" was a stupid plot that became a classic purely based off Stallone and Wesley Snipes performance. The action star is a dead concept.
                    True there is no action stars like that. Hence why the rock gets all those roles. There is no one to replace the old heads like Wesley. Not in America anyways. Some pretty good foreign flicks I have seen.

Movies like demolition man and fifth element were my shit no matter how dumb the plots were lol.

Comment

True there is no action stars like that. Hence why the rock gets all those roles. There is no one to replace the old heads like Wesley. Not in America anyways. Some pretty good foreign flicks I have seen.

Movies like demolition man and fifth element were my shit no matter how dumb the plots were lol.
                      Lol you ain't got to tell me, I used to watch all of that shit with my dad when I was a kid. Stallone, Jean Claude Van Damme, Steven Seagal, Wesley and Schwarzenegger used to stay in some dumb action movies that were fun as hell to watch. Now you just have these dull J. crew model looking motherfuckers like Taylor Kitsch.

Comment

Lol you ain't got to tell me, I used to watch all of that shit with my dad when I was a kid. Stallone, Jean Claude Van Damme, Steven Seagal, Wesley and Schwarzenegger used to stay in some dumb action movies that were fun as hell to watch. Now you just have these dull J. crew model looking motherfuckers like Taylor Kitsch.
                        Yeah, these dudes are boring as shit. None of them have the witty acting of the actors you named. Most of them had you laughing with their one-liners. Hell, their one-liners transcended generations. You may enjoy some of these new movies. But most of them are extremely forgettable. It is doubtful you see a resurgence in those type of movies. Specifically because of today's climate where those type of movies gets bashed for some of their tropes. That being said going to predator I hear decent things about it.

Comment

Yeah, these dudes are boring as shit. None of them have the witty acting of the actors you named. Most of them had you laughing with their one-liners. Hell, their one-liners transcended generations. You may enjoy some of these new movies. But most of them are extremely forgettable. It is doubtful you see a resurgence in those type of movies. Specifically because of today's climate where those type of movies gets bashed for some of their tropes. That being said going to predator I hear decent things about it.
                          I pretty much heard it's a self aware action comedy, which is more or less what the original Predator was. Hopefully it has some subtlety in the humor like the older films.

Comment

I pretty much heard it's a self aware action comedy, which is more or less what the original Predator was. Hopefully it has some subtlety in the humor like the older films.
                            Yeah I don't want to see another quip-heavy movie where the main character trying to do stand up get enough of that from the superhero genre.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
                            Working...
                            X