Marvel's The Punisher discussion thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marvel's The Punisher discussion thread

So I just finished binge watching this, for a first season I have to say it was pretty good. I am used to The Punisher Max version of the character that had been killing criminals for 30 years and was more hardened, it was cool to see him as more of a human before he just stopped giving a fuck.

I am on episode 6 keep getting interrupted.Pretty dope so far. I like the backstory they are running with. Showcasing that he was always a borderline psychopath his family just kept him in check.

Comment

Originally posted by 40 acres View Post
      I am on episode 6 keep getting interrupted.Pretty dope so far. I like the backstory they are running with. Showcasing that he was always a borderline psychopath his family just kept him in check.
      Good point, that is the part the movies always got wrong. Frank Castle wasn't a normal guy who snapped after his family died, he is a psychopath that finally had something to keep him sane and after it was taken needed to take it out on others. Not sure how I feel about them changing his origin story though, I always liked the fact that the mob killed his family.

Comment

Originally posted by EnemyOfDaState View Post

Good point, that is the part the movies always got wrong. Frank Castle wasn't a normal guy who snapped after his family died, he is a psychopath that finally had something to keep him sane and after it was taken needed to take it out on others. Not sure how I feel about them changing his origin story though, I always liked the fact that the mob killed his family.
        Well in a way they did. But they were just puppets for a way bigger organization. Frank killing blackops soldiers showcases his skills way more than killing some fat overweight mafia henchmen. The criminal organization on that level that can handle him is the Kingpins group. Highly doubtful they make them go at each other right away.

Comment

Damn is that nigga from Walking Dead in this shit? I always liked him, and never really saw him in anything else ( I did see him in Baby Driver I think)

Anyway definite watch.

Comment

Originally posted by EnemyOfDaState
            I always liked the fact that the mob killed his family.
            Harsh, dude. Lol.
            Originally posted by Wade
            We can't be supreme while also supporting inclusiveness

Comment

Good point, that is the part the movies always got wrong. Frank Castle wasn't a normal guy who snapped after his family died, he is a psychopath that finally had something to keep him sane and after it was taken needed to take it out on others.
              Definitely puts to rest any idea of him being an "anti-hero". Just going off against people as bad ,if not worse. than he is.
              Alvarius B. - Sleep Gunner

Comment

episode 11

Comment

This guy doesn't even have powers.

Bad.

Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict;n451511
                  there's a quality to being a giant hunk of muscle mass, tbh.

Comment

Watched first 2 eps. Pretty good so far.

Comment

so from what i've reading this is arrow season 1, except with the hero using guns more often and being borderline more psycho

/next
                      Last edited by Sza; November 25th, 2017, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sza View Post
                        so from what i've reading this is arrow season 1, except with the hero using guns more often and being borderline more psycho

/next
                        Not quite, this is like the Arrow but good.

Comment

Originally posted by #83.6666666667 View Post

Not quite, this is like the Arrow but good.
                          lmao, I've heard otherwise by like, everyone.

Do you even watch arrow? The quality of arrow alone shits on anything marvel has put out on tv, and they even got permission to create three shows based on how good arrow was, set in the same universe within each other.

Comment

Do you even watch arrow? The quality of arrow alone shits on anything marvel has put out on tv, and they even got permission to create three shows based on how good arrow was, set in the same universe within each other.
                            By who exactly?
                            I have and I felt physically ill. So?

Comment

Originally posted by #83.6666666667 View Post
                              By who exactly?
                              Everyone.

I have and I felt physically ill. So?
                              What? Anyways, fanboying aside, Punished looks promising, But suffers from the same issues Gotham does imo.

Comment

Everyone.

What? Anyways, fanboying aside, Punished looks promising, But suffers from the same issues Gotham does imo.
                                Except me right now. So not everyone.

No I actually disliked Arrow alot. And I generally dislike anything to do with comics so I don't have a side.

Gotham is a great show. It dipped in quality in season 2, but by the middle of season 3 it regained quality. The Punisher is almost nothing like Gotham, though.

Comment

When you mean everyone you talking about your other accounts right

Comment

Pretty much, Arrow is the same CW melodrama that has been done 1000 times. Then again Solor liked Angel so that should tell you that he loves that crap.

Comment

Pretty much, Arrow is the same CW melodrama that has been done 1000 times. Then again Solor liked Angel so that should tell you that he loves that crap.
                                      I watch arrow but it is not anywhere near as raw as punisher. In fact I am surprised disney cosigned punisher with some of the ideas it ran with this season.

Comment

Pretty much, Arrow is the same CW melodrama that has been done 1000 times
                                        Maybe you should actually watch the show before jumping to conclusions like that.

There is drama, but that's definitely a far cry away from describing the show itself. That's essentially calling Punisher a batman lite where the main character is a self insert.

Actually that oneiros guy comes to mind, as does the other communities i hail from.

Guys I apologized for assuming things about Punisher too, but don't turn around and spread misinformation about my show, Arrow.

Comment

Working...
                                        X