No announcement yet.

Marvel's Luke Cage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"What we letting cops in the house now. Sit your ass down you in timeout" lol this season is pretty good
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j5Frq4gbHY

Comment

So what Im hearing is I need to get off my ass and watch it?

Comment

Originally posted by Syd View Post
        So what Im hearing is I need to get off my ass and watch it?
        I mean... Sitting on your ass is probably the ideal way to watch it. Right?

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post

I mean... Sitting on your ass is probably the ideal way to watch it. Right?
          Tru

Comment

FINALLY got around to finishing this. Just wanna start off by saying I'm glad they actually managed to get some real Jamaicans for this shit. My dad's gonna love this. lol.

Other than that the music was great the fights were great. Loved the Power Man & Iron Fist bits too and how they set up Heroes for Hire. The best part was that Danny actually acted like Danny from the comics. If they could just work on his Iron Fist to that it doesn't look so cheap....but whatevz. Kind of annoyed Luke didn't beat Bushmaster properly. And that it wasn't public.

Definitely did not care for the ending and where Season 3 is headed.

Comment

Originally posted by Redx View Post
              FINALLY got around to finishing this. Just wanna start off by saying I'm glad they actually managed to get some real Jamaicans for this shit. My dad's gonna love this. lol.

Other than that the music was great the fights were great. Loved the Power Man & Iron Fist bits too and how they set up Heroes for Hire. The best part was that Danny actually acted like Danny from the comics. If they could just work on his Iron Fist to that it doesn't look so cheap....but whatevz. Kind of annoyed Luke didn't beat Bushmaster properly. And that it wasn't public.

Nah, I like where they ended with Bushmaster.
              I just didn't like teh bulk of the final episode xD
              Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-1133-0048-8436 (MMCulpaTTV)
              Don't forget to check out MothMageCulpa's Twitch Channel! - Join the Swarm today and Follow or Subscribe!
              PSN Username- NikolaCulpa Trophy Level: 25. Platinums: 70 Currently Playing: Kingdom Hearts, etc.

Comment

I thought the ending was fire. Also a pretty realistic outcome. He can't keep running around Harlem like a fireman. Not only that if he didn't step in someone else would. Super heroes are good in concept but overall worthless at the street level. You can't snuff out crime by yourself might as well be a cop. Too many factors that will fuel it. There it is better to concentrate on the bigger problems and let Misty police handle the regular shit. It is dope he turned in to a superpowered black kingpin of Harlem.

On another note Misty>>>>Jessica Jones

Comment

Originally posted by 40 acres View Post
                  I thought the ending was fire. Also a pretty realistic outcome. He can't keep running around Harlem like a fireman. Not only that if he didn't step in someone else would. Super heroes are good in concept but overall worthless at the street level. You can't snuff out crime by yourself might as well be a cop. Too many factors that will fuel it. There it is better to concentrate on the bigger problems and let Misty police handle the regular shit. It is dope he turned in to a superpowered black kingpin of Harlem.

On another note Misty>>>>Jessica Jones
                  Don't get me wrong I agree with him taking the Red Hood approach. He can't play supercop forever. But I didn't like how they implied it'll be his downfall. Going by Mariah's final words it looks like Season 3 will be about the downfall of Luke Cage and him descending into darkness. Thats what I don't like.

Originally posted by Culpa the Moth Mage View Post

Nah, I like where they ended with Bushmaster.
                  I guess I'm just annoyed he didn't get his official victory.
                  Last edited by Redx; July 14th, 2018, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Wait okay, so Luke was offered Harlem's Paradise but refused and said to burn it to the ground, then it just cut to him in a green suit looking down from the balcony like Maria? I mean, I'm fine with Luke being the new "king of Harlem", but the lead-up to that just didn't make sense. Also, why didn't Tilda just leave after saying for the entire season that she didn't wanna get involved? Now all of a sudden she's jealous of Luke for getting the club that her rotten mother was running? What the fuck is this ending? I'm so confused.

Besides all that, though, this season was fire. Bushmaster was a great antihero, Shades finally developed some character, and Maria was the perfect love-to-hate antagonist, even after she was brought down for good. You could definitely tell that a part of her still lingered in Harlem after her final words. Action scenes were great as usual and Misty has become even more badass.

But yeah, from the looks of it, Nightshade is likely to be the new antagonist (ironically) next season. That and Misty leading the NYPD of Harlem with Luke now running things is gonna be interesting.

Comment

Don't get me wrong I agree with him taking the Red Hood approach. He can't play supercop forever. But I didn't like how they implied it'll be his downfall. Going by Mariah's final words it looks like Season 3 will be about the downfall of Luke Cage and him descending into darkness. Thats what I don't like.
                      Well most likely he will lose it all. So he will probably go through a corrupted storyline of some kind. All of it is driving to the goal post heroes for hire.

Originally posted by Thar View Post
                      Wait okay, so Luke was offered Harlem's Paradise but refused and said to burn it to the ground, then it just cut to him in a green suit looking down from the balcony like Maria? I mean, I'm fine with Luke being the new "king of Harlem", but the lead-up to that just didn't make sense. Also, why didn't Tilda just leave after saying for the entire season that she didn't wanna get involved? Now all of a sudden she's jealous of Luke for getting the club that her rotten mother was running? What the fuck is this ending? I'm so confused.

It was the subtle change. Him becoming more brutal. Which was mentioned way back in the first few episodes from Claire. Him breaking that Hispanic lady men and compromising was the sign for me. Plus everybody falling in line behind him. Paradise is just the castle.
                      Last edited by 40 acres; August 5th, 2018, 12:56 AM.

Comment

Most gruesome death, Nigel, Rawlins, or Oberyn?

Comment

Mariah was a bitch, but i admired the dog in her, and her resilience.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
                          Working...
                          X