Star Wars

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doctor. View Post
    Finally got around to the prequels today. Episode I was mediocre. It was really inoffensive compared to the other two, but it was just extremely boring. Pacing was all over the place, though. Episode II was a piece of shit. It ruined Anakin and the romance was garbage. Episode III was better. Still mediocre but probably the best of the bunch, even though there's a lot of garbage dialogue.

Two things remain consistent with both trilogies: the soundtrack is fantastic and the acting is dogshit. Good actors manage to put out mediocre or bad performances. In the original trilogy, it contributed to the charm of the characters, but I wasn't feeling it here, probably because of how forced certain character dynamics feel. I applaud George Lucas for attempting to give some degree of political depth to his bland setting, but it doesn't work if it's handled with the same amount of maturity as a 5-year old and things basically boil down to "Jedi good! Sith bad!" at the end.

The action improved a lot from the original trilogy to this one, so kudos to that.

What's left, episode VII and VIII?
    Yeah I had the same complaints with the prequels, but Episode 3 improved a lot from Episodes 1 and 2. The 2008 Clone Wars series actually expands on the prequels. It takes place after the events of Episode 2 and before Episode 3. The series is coming back to make one final season to finally finish things off after it being canceled for a few years cause of Disney buying Star Wars. Not only is the acting a lot better, but there's a lot more world building and character development for guys like Anakin and Obi Wan plus some others. It's a bit slow at first, but it gets better every season and the CGI looks amazing.

As for Episode 7 and 8, honestly dude? If I were you, I'd just skip them entirely. Both movies make the prequel trilogy look like masterpieces. Episode 7 is ok despite it's bullshit, but Episode 8 drops a wet deuce on the good things that were in Episode 7. Without giving spoilers, Episode 8 ends leaving you thinking " What's else is there to look forward to? " There's really nothing interesting that builds up hype for Episode 9.

Comment

Finally got around to the prequels today. Episode I was mediocre. It was really inoffensive compared to the other two, but it was just extremely boring. Pacing was all over the place, though. Episode II was a piece of shit. It ruined Anakin and the romance was garbage. Episode III was better. Still mediocre but probably the best of the bunch, even though there's a lot of garbage dialogue.

Two things remain consistent with both trilogies: the soundtrack is fantastic and the acting is dogshit. Good actors manage to put out mediocre or bad performances. In the original trilogy, it contributed to the charm of the characters, but I wasn't feeling it here, probably because of how forced certain character dynamics feel. I applaud George Lucas for attempting to give some degree of political depth to his bland setting, but it doesn't work if it's handled with the same amount of maturity as a 5-year old and things basically boil down to "Jedi good! Sith bad!" at the end.

The action improved a lot from the original trilogy to this one, so kudos to that.

What's left, episode VII and VIII?

So... is Vader the best or what?

Comment

Originally posted by Issa View Post

So... is Vader the best or what?
        Yes
        Originally posted by Oneiros
        In that case, I’m the biggest faggot on the block.

Comment

I need Doctor to watch The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi just to see him being broken. Well, more so TLJ than the other one.

Comment

Originally posted by Tenryuunaito View Post
            I need Doctor to watch The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi just to see him being broken. Well, more so TLJ than the other one.
            Why would I be broken about a franchise I don't care that much about

Comment

Why would I be broken about a franchise I don't care that much about
              Can't you let me fantasize about you being locked up in a mental ward in peace for once?

Comment

• Issa
                Issa commented
                Editing a comment
                Stop talking about non Star Wars films.

Yes
              Vader's new comic takes place directly after RotS. As in right when he got the suit.

Check it out.

Comment

Episode VII was so stupid, lmao. Some of the prequels were better than this. Who thought it was a good idea to make your protagonist the biggest Mary Sue I've ever seen? And why can everyone and their mother use a lightsaber now? Movie had some good ideas that were squandered, though. I like the idea of one of the Stormtroopers abandoning the cult and thinking for himself, but Finn's development falls flat, he's just some regular dude who's very cheerful and quips a lot; not what you'd expect from someone with severe psychological trauma. Speaking of quips, this movie was full of them. What is this, an Avengers movie? I liked what they were going for with Kylo Ren but ultimately he's just unimposing, nonthreatening and pathetic. Cinematography and acting in general got better but I feel as if it takes a bit away from the charm of the original trilogy.
                Last edited by Doctor.; July 30th, 2018, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Get ready for The Last Jedi now, LMAO.

Comment

• Doctor.
                    Doctor. commented
                    Editing a comment
                    is it online yet

So the Star Wars Resistance trailer officially has over 100k dislikes. After seeing it, I can see why. Well at least I still have season 7 of The Clone Wars to look forward to.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkseeker1379 View Post
                    So the Star Wars Resistance trailer officially has over 100k dislikes. After seeing it, I can see why. Well at least I still have season 7 of The Clone Wars to look forward to.
                    It looks... bad. I honestly don't have anything against child focus programing for Star Wars but that's strangling it's potential. Add to that the story potential doesn't sound all that great. It feels like it's going to be relying on Characters to drive its quality.

I would have loved if they made a Old Republic show. That setting can be explored in a number of ways.

Comment

Originally posted by General Naruto View Post

It looks... bad. I honestly don't have anything against child focus programing for Star Wars but that's strangling it's potential. Add to that the story potential doesn't sound all that great. It feels like it's going to be relying on Characters to drive its quality.

I would have loved if they made a Old Republic show. That setting can be explored in a number of ways.
                      Old Republic eww.

You don't replace garbage with garbage

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
                    Working...
                    X