Star Wars

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darkseeker1379 View Post
    So is The Last Jedi really as bad as my friends make it out to be? It can't be that horrible. Right?
    It's not total garbage, but it's still bad. It just so happens to seem good on a superficial level.

Comment

So is The Last Jedi really as bad as my friends make it out to be? It can't be that horrible. Right?
      Its pretty dope to me. However there are times I thought "wtf" and all but to me and a few others I know in general it got good reviews.

Comment

This sums up my thoughts perfectly.

Comment

The fact that the movie received an audience score of 47% on Rotten Tomatoes or an user score of 4.6 on Metacritic should be enough for you.

It may have far superior acting, visuals and cgi compare with the Prequels, but trust me the plot and characters are on the same level (if not worse).

The Last Jedi is one of the worst, only surpassed by Attack of the Clones and Phantom Menace simply because LJ wasn't bad directing like the other two.
          Last edited by S3rp3nt3; April 14th, 2018, 04:34 AM.

Comment

Still can't believe Filoni opened that time travel can of worms to save Ahsoka. Not that I'm mind because it's Ahsoka, but he must have some balls.

Then again he is chief over there so what he says kinda goes.

Comment

So I just watched The Last Jedi... I don't really see Why everyone hates it. Like, the action scenes are corny and unlikely, but have you ever watched the Clone Wars? It's the stupidest shit sometimes, I swear.
              (Just waiting for another set)

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post
                So I just watched The Last Jedi... I don't really see Why everyone hates it. Like, the action scenes are corny and unlikely, but have you ever watched the Clone Wars? It's the stupidest shit sometimes, I swear.
                The action scenes aren't the issue. In fact, the action scenes are one of the few saving graces for the film. The fight between Rey and Kylo against the Praetorian Guards was lit af. Even the space combat felt properly WWII-esque.

No, the issues are just about everything else. To repeat myself:

- Remember how TFA was building up Rey's parentage and overall past with those visions? Discarded. Rey has no notable past and her parents are nobodies.

- Remember how much Snoke was being built up? Remember when Andy Serkis claimed that Snoke makes both Sidious and Vader look like a couple of damn pushovers? lolfuckyou. Let's just have him get sliced in half by a lightsaber literally laying right next to him.

- Vice Admiral Holdo is just there to please liberalfags. In fact, it seems like the entire movie portrays men as mouthbreathers while the females can do nothing wrong.

- On that note, Rey's a bonafide Mary Sue. There's no Revan-esque backstory to her. She's just really strong . . . because the Force n' shit.

- Luke is just an absolute fucking travesty. The fucker holds a lightsaber to his sleeping nephew because he was getting bad vibes. This is the same guy who went through hell and back to bring his father, one of the most evil men in the galaxy, back to the Light. Not to mention that he's an absolute failure. Defeating the Empire? Nah. They'll just come back in another form in 30 years with even more devastating technology and with seemingly enough manpower to sieze a great portion of the galaxy. Rebuilding the Jedi Order? Nah. We can't have that. His achievements from the OT have been comedically diminished.

- While I do enjoy Adam Driver's performance, Kylo Ren doesn't make sense at all. He wakes to his uncle holding a lightsaber to him, incapacitates him, and proceeds to go on a murderous rampage with some other rogue students. That's like if I woke up to my uncle holding a gun to my head, escaped from him, and proceeded to shoot up my school.

- Who the fuck are the Knights of Ren?

- The villains in general are jokes. Hux went from being a Tarkin-expy to becoming a literal gag.

- How the fuck does an organization that is essentially a fraction of a fraction of the size of the Empire manage to already have the New Republic at its knees? Where they serious with having the bulk of the NR fleet going boom along with Hosnian Prime? That is fucking moronic.

And I'm just scratching the surface. This doesn't include absolute wastes of time like Canto Bight or recent developments like Holdo being Force-sensitive . . . because . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Ziku View Post

- Remember how TFA was building up Rey's parentage and overall past with those visions? Discarded. Rey has no notable past and her parents are nobodies.

- Remember how much Snoke was being built up? Remember when Andy Serkis claimed that Snoke makes both Sidious and Vader look like a couple of damn pushovers? lolfuckyou. Let's just have him get sliced in half by a lightsaber literally laying right next to him.

- Vice Admiral Holdo is just there to please liberalfags. In fact, it seems like the entire movie portrays men as mouthbreathers while the females can do nothing wrong.

- On that note, Rey's a bonafide Mary Sue. There's no Revan-esque backstory to her. She's just really strong . . . because the Force n' shit.

- Luke is just an absolute fucking travesty. The fucker holds a lightsaber to his sleeping nephew because he was getting bad vibes. This is the same guy who went through hell and back to bring his father, one of the most evil men in the galaxy, back to the Light. Not to mention that he's an absolute failure. Defeating the Empire? Nah. They'll just come back in another form in 30 years with even more devastating technology and with seemingly enough manpower to sieze a great portion of the galaxy. Rebuilding the Jedi Order? Nah. We can't have that. His achievements from the OT have been comedically diminished.

- While I do enjoy Adam Driver's performance, Kylo Ren doesn't make sense at all. He wakes to his uncle holding a lightsaber to him, incapacitates him, and proceeds to go on a murderous rampage with some other rogue students. That's like if I woke up to my uncle holding a gun to my head, escaped from him, and proceeded to shoot up my school.

- Who the fuck are the Knights of Ren?

- The villains in general are jokes. Hux went from being a Tarkin-expy to becoming a literal gag.

- How the fuck does an organization that is essentially a fraction of a fraction of the size of the Empire manage to already have the New Republic at its knees? Where they serious with having the bulk of the NR fleet going boom along with Hosnian Prime? That is fucking moronic.

Who cares about her parentage tbh? It was much more interesting to see it play out that way- To see Rei's quest for her parents end at a dead end left her lonely and unfullfilled... And vulnerable to the Dark Side. Honestly, Kylo porbably lied about that whole thing, But what does it matter if he did? That's not that interesting of a story beat.

I appreciated Ren killing Snoke as well. We have more of an attachment to Ren than Snoke, especially with his connection to Rei. Besides, that now makes Kylo the first Sith in the movies to take out their master and steal their place, which is the Sith set dream. And now we have a huge paradigm shift with the First Order, which makes them more interesting than a clone of the Empire tbh.

Vice Admiral Holdo was a minor character for Po to go on his character arc without committing treason on someone who mattered (ie Leia). Why are you looking for gender politics in a Star Wars movie tho?

First off, we don't necessarily know that- Kylo was probably lying still. Secondly, better that than Anakin, who was literally born of a virgin by the Force.

I'll agree with you that Luke was done pretty dirty... Although he didn't go to hell and back to change his father over, that was just a preferable alternative to killing him. Of not for Palpatine egging him on, he probably woulda ended it.

Like was about to kill Ben because "he was lost to Snoke already". That's like of you were thinking of shooting up a school, but you didn't because your uncle would be sad, then he came at you with a gun. Why not shoot up your uncle's school if you were gonna anyway?

No idea, we'll find out someday though, right? 4 more movies still.

I'm betting His taking the L in this movie is going to lead into a reversal of fortunes later on, in the next movie or something. I bet he's gonna betray Ren and their army is gonna implode on itslef to some extent, at least. At least His has more character to him in this one movie than Tarkin did through the whole trilogy. Dude didn't do shit except taunt Leia.

I dunno, this has been a huge plot hole since Episode VII though, it's not like it's ONLY this movie that presents this problem. I'm hoping there's a good reason for it.

I would argue that half of those issues aren't issues at all, you're just backseat-directing. A few other things really don't bother me. You are right about a couple things, but I trust they'll fill in holes where they need to as time goes on.

The one bad thing was Luke, that's fair.
                  Last edited by OrganizationXV; April 16th, 2018, 09:40 AM.
                  (Just waiting for another set)

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post
                    you're just backseat-directing.
                    Well... If I had something to say against anybody that thought a movie was bad when generally it was good... this is what I would have said. Tho I would have said "Back Seat Driver".

Comment

started the comics, going by the canon chronological order some site gave me with darth maul (2017) first

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Gold View Post
                        started the comics, going by the canon chronological order some site gave me with darth maul (2017) first
                        Nice. Will not regret it.

Enjoy.

Comment

• Mister Gold
                          Mister Gold commented
                          Editing a comment
                          yeah it was pretty good, and I'm not even that into maul. now im on windu, which is cool so far too

who's Soloing this weekend

Comment

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Filoni truly is The Chosen One.

Comment

Filoni truly is The Chosen One.
                              He has brought balance to the Force by reviving The Clone Wars. Now we can finally see the Siege of Mandalore and hopefully episodes dealing with the events from the Son of Dathomir comics.

Comment

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!

Comment

So nobody is gonna talk about Tarkin vs Vader in the hunt?

Comment

Originally posted by Issa View Post
                                    So nobody is gonna talk about Tarkin vs Vader in the hunt?
                                    Not gonna bullshit you; I kind of lost interest in Disney Wars after TLJ.

Comment

Not gonna bullshit you; I kind of lost interest in Disney Wars after TLJ.
                                      It ain't Disney Wars though. Vader(2018) #18

Comment

Finally got around to the prequels today. Episode I was mediocre. It was really inoffensive compared to the other two, but it was just extremely boring. Pacing was all over the place, though. Episode II was a piece of shit. It ruined Anakin and the romance was garbage. Episode III was better. Still mediocre but probably the best of the bunch, even though there's a lot of garbage dialogue.

Two things remain consistent with both trilogies: the soundtrack is fantastic and the acting is dogshit. Good actors manage to put out mediocre or bad performances. In the original trilogy, it contributed to the charm of the characters, but I wasn't feeling it here, probably because of how forced certain character dynamics feel. I applaud George Lucas for attempting to give some degree of political depth to his bland setting, but it doesn't work if it's handled with the same amount of maturity as a 5-year old and things basically boil down to "Jedi good! Sith bad!" at the end.

The action improved a lot from the original trilogy to this one, so kudos to that.

What's left, episode VII and VIII?
                                        Originally posted by Oneiros
                                        In that case, I’m the biggest faggot on the block.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                        Auto-Saved
                                        x
                                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                        x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
                                        Working...
                                        X