You think Teen Titans will ever return?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cid View Post
    I'm really just wondering why they've got Starfire looking like a $2 hooker. That hair, the fur coat, the obnoxiously purple dress. She looks like somebody you would expect to see standing on the street corner in vegas.
    I'm usually one of those "wait and see" guys when it comes to casting, but every single one of them looks wrong. This must be some CW shit?

Comment

Originally posted by EnemyOfDaState View Post

I'm usually one of those "wait and see" guys when it comes to casting, but every single one of them looks wrong. This must be some CW shit?
      Bruh. Flash, Arrow, and Legends look much better than this. Haven't seen Black Lightning yet, but don't knock the CW by comparing them to this mess. lol

Comment

Bruh. Flash, Arrow, and Legends look much better than this. Haven't seen Black Lightning yet, but don't knock the CW by comparing them to this mess. lol
        I really dislike a lot of the CW stuff tbh, it all looks so cheap. Who is doing this then?

Comment

I really dislike a lot of the CW stuff tbh, it all looks so cheap. Who is doing this then?
          DC is doing it themselves for some kind of DC based streaming service.

Comment

DC is doing it themselves for some kind of DC based streaming service.
            Unless it's going to be made up of mostly animated stuff that is an L waiting to happen. Their live action stuff is mostly average and the fans are mainly people who come for the CW romance and teen drama BS that is in all their shows, not the DC characters themselves.

Comment

Unless it's going to be made up of mostly animated stuff that is an L waiting to happen. Their live action stuff is mostly average and the fans are mainly people who come for the CW romance and teen drama BS that is in all their shows, not the DC characters themselves.
              Nah Arrow first season was him being a serial killer with a murder list. Romance shit gets put in all of these shows. Punisher legit the only one in recent times without it. As for this shit trash though.
              Last edited by 40 acres; April 13th, 2018, 03:27 AM.
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j5Frq4gbHY

Comment

Originally posted by 40 acres View Post

Nah Arrow first season was him being a serial killer with a murder list. Romance shit gets put in all of these shows. Punisher legit the only one in recent times without it. As for this shit trash though.
                Truth. Not to mention how you literally HAVE to have a female lead these days, whether it's a movie or a TV show. That's why romantic subplots are completely unavoidable unless your in-verse "soulmate" is already dead (which is a subverted romantic subplot in and of itself).

Comment

Could, they might make a new series or something

Comment

Originally posted by Oneiros View Post

Truth. Not to mention how you literally HAVE to have a female lead these days, whether it's a movie or a TV show. That's why romantic subplots are completely unavoidable unless your in-verse "soulmate" is already dead (which is a subverted romantic subplot in and of itself).
                    Supernatural one of the few shows that get away with minimum female casting, and little to no romance subplots lol. But what can you say cheesy romances are also apart of the genre even in the comics the source material. With groups of fans who want that shit. Honestly this shit, in general, is like the replacement for the American action cartoon.

Comment

Supernatural one of the few shows that get away with minimum female casting, and little to no romance subplots lol. But what can you say cheesy romances are also apart of the genre even in the comics the source material. With groups of fans who want that shit. Honestly this shit, in general, is like the replacement for the American action cartoon.
                      And even then they had that token mother figure (Ellen? Jo?), who was replaced by Jody, who was replaced by Mama Winchester herself. I'm just happy there's no silly baby mama drama though... unless that kid we saw really WAS Dean's and will be referenced some point in the future lol.

And true, LA shows/movies slowly phasing out cartoons. Most comic book films used to be animated prior to the Nolan trilogy. Which is more than OK in my book since I generally find LA much more enjoyable anyway.
                      Last edited by Oneiros; April 13th, 2018, 04:22 AM.

Comment

And even then they had that mother figure (Ellen? Jo?), who was replaced by Jody, who was replaced by Mama Winchester herself. I'm just happy there's no silly baby mama drama though... unless that kid we saw really WAS Dean's and will be referenced in the future lol.

And true, LA shows/movies slowly phasing out cartoons. Most comic book films used to be animated prior to the Nolan trilogy. Which is more than OK in my book since I generally find LA more enjoyable anyway.
                        Most of those characters barely make that many episodes. They may pop up in like 3 out of 22 episode season. They do have the damsel in distress of the week though. Even then they have also cut back on those too.

Depends a lot of the time LA doesn't have the budget to flush out a character's powers like an animation. LA, however, doesn't make the drama more serious. You actually feel that a character is in a fucked up situation. Animation doesn't have that same effect.

Comment

You still had the Laura/Oliver/Merlyn crap. Like you said Supernatural is literally the only CW show that has been allowed to slide and even then that is only because as the show itself jokingly did an episode on some fans add a romantic subtext between the brothers.

Comment

You still had the Laura/Oliver/Merlyn crap. Like you said Supernatural is literally the only CW show that has been allowed to slide and even then that is only because as the show itself jokingly did an episode on some fans add a romantic subtext between the brothers.
                            That was a really minor point of season 1 though. He was mostly going on a killing spree and the second storyline was him learning to fight on the island. But like I said anyways romance is a cheesy part of comics anyways. Superman will always focus on Lois, Batman on catwoman, Daredevil on Electra and Karen, and etc. Those storylines are part of the core even if you don't like them. Even excluding comic romance factor tv shows in general push that storyline.

Comment

That was a really minor point of season 1 though. He was mostly going on a killing spree and the second storyline was him learning to fight on the island. But like I said anyways romance is a cheesy part of comics anyways. Superman will always focus on Lois, Batman on catwoman, Daredevil on Electra and Karen, and etc. Those storylines are part of the core even if you don't like them. Even excluding comic romance factor tv shows in general push that storyline.
                              I actually don't have an issue with it as long as it is well done, CW just tends to turn it into HS drama. Take Smallville for example, Lois and Clark was fine but then you add in the Lana/Lex/Clark triangle the Lana/Clark/Chloe triangle the Clark/Pete/Chloe triangle the Chloe/Clark/Oliver triangle etc. I have said before bad romance is worse then bad comedy/horror/action etc.

Comment

I actually don't have an issue with it as long as it is well done, CW just tends to turn it into HS drama. Take Smallville for example, Lois and Clark was fine but then you add in the Lana/Lex/Clark triangle the Lana/Clark/Chloe triangle the Clark/Pete/Chloe triangle the Chloe/Clark/Oliver triangle etc. I have said before bad romance is worse then bad comedy/horror/action etc.
                                Smallville was a hs drama lol. The new shows are nowhere near as sappy as smallville. Not even flash with his Iris fixation. They spend more time on him having a fucked up life lol.

Comment

Smallville was a hs drama lol. The new shows are nowhere near as sappy as smallville. Not even flash with his Iris fixation. They spend more time on him having a fucked up life lol.
                                  I guess my tolerance for that shit is just super low.

Comment

Depends a lot of the time LA doesn't have the budget to flush out a character's powers like an animation. LA, however, doesn't make the drama more serious. You actually feel that a character is in a fucked up situation. Animation doesn't have that same effect.
                                    This is undeniably true. Felt no tension during the Scooby-Doo xover three eps ago, but even the "regular" filler eps are generally laden with it. Nvm the storyline eps like the most recent one. Speaking of which, Winchester Bros still feeling Chuck's Wrath, smh.

Just remembered this even existed (unfortunately), but there's a reason why the SPN anime flopped so spectacularly. lol
                                    Last edited by Oneiros; April 14th, 2018, 01:41 AM.

Comment

This is undeniably true. Felt no tension during the Scooby-Doo xover three eps ago, but even the "regular" filler eps are generally laden with it. Nvm the storyline eps like the most recent one. Speaking of which, Winchester Bros still feeling Chuck's Wrath, smh.

Just remembered this even existed (unfortunately), but there's a reason why the SPN anime flopped so spectacularly. lol
                                      I just watched the scooby doo episode the shit was cheesy but entertaining in it's own way. I am just glad it wasn't another gay ass musical. I can tolerate more episodes like that one. I am just catching up on it today.

Some anime know how to bring out tension. But the spn one was not one lol.

I guess my tolerance for that shit is just super low.
                                      I actually don't like it either. I hate blatant catering to certain fan crowds in general. That is not storytelling that is pandering. A good story can carry itself. Even when the story has ideals you don't agree with. It is bad when the shit is just pandering.

Comment

At this point, the show has been cancelled 4X longer than when it was even on the air. It's Dead, Jim.

The cliffhanger really sucked, but I would say at this point it would be time for a reboot.

Now a show that really needs to come back is KND. At least a reboot.

Comment

I just watched the scooby doo episode the shit was cheesy but entertaining in it's own way. I am just glad it wasn't another gay ass musical. I can tolerate more episodes like that one. I am just catching up on it today.

Some anime know how to bring out tension. But the spn one was not one lol.
                                          It was definitely entertaining in its own unique way, but that was solely due to comedic value rather than any sense of tension. Winchesters were having fun for the first time in a hot minute and it almost made them forget about what was happening in the real world -- I would go so far as to call it a "vacation" by their piss-poor standards.

Yesssss, lmao. The musical was easily the WOAT episode. That being said, I love how the writers B all the creepy Western fujoshits TFO with a single well-placed line, ROFL.

True, but even that tension doesn't translate as well due to the lack of the nuance and plausibility only a proper LA show entails.
                                          Last edited by Oneiros; April 16th, 2018, 05:01 AM.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                          Auto-Saved
                                          x
                                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                          x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
                                          Working...
                                          X