Steven Universe Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steven Universe Discussion Thread

Discuss Steven Universe and only Steven Universe.

Side note, I haven't seen a recent cartoonnetwork show this good since Sym Bionic Titan, Young Justice and Generator Rex.

The next episode is gonna be about Pearl training Connie in swordsmanship. I'm pretty hyped tbh

It was sort of foreshadowed with Connie slicing up cloud Connie. Steven with Rose's shield. Rose's Scabbard and sword. Stevonnie.

I'm telling you right now, Stevonnie is gonna be wielding Rose's sword and shield riding Lion against the Diamond Authority......

Comment

Bro I was thinking the same thing. Thats gonna be awesome as shit. Stevonnie wielding Rose's sword and shield would be awesome to see. Plus the ability to control plant life.

Comment

The new episodes are next week, yes?

Gonna be interesting to see Pearl's second attempt at sword lessons.

Comment

• Darkseeker1379
          Darkseeker1379 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep. Hopefully pearl doesn't get impaled like last time. Though the new episode I'm really hyped for is the one when they return to Kindergarten and discover a " dark secret. "

Even found some badass art of that:
        https://40.media.tumblr.com/8d905b4d...po1_r1_540.jpg

http://41.media.tumblr.com/844843b40...bkwzo1_540.jpg

http://40.media.tumblr.com/ff8c16d3a...dp95o1_500.png

Also, do you think Pearl could beat Garnet in a one v one fight?

Comment

• Darkseeker1379
          Darkseeker1379 commented
          Editing a comment
          Seeing as how garnet completely overwhelmed pearl and amethyst in the temple by shape shifting her arms I doubt it lol.

• BraveMetero
          BraveMetero commented
          Editing a comment
          But what about when Pearl took Sugilite's attacks and was able to beat her? Also, where do you see the Gems EOS as far as strength and speed?

I just thought of something. Since Malachite got pulled to the bottom of the ocean and has been there for a long period of time, could malachite be poisoning the ocean cause I did find out that the gem malachite is poisonous when its in water. And I also found out that the gem lapis lazuli eventually dissolves underwater. So could this lead to jasper taking over their malachite fusion and lapis slowly loosing control and slowly dying? This is just a theory.

Comment

Well, I thought that since Malachite (well, one part of her - Jasper) punched Steven.....that the Watermelon Steven clones would swim to the bottom of the ocean and unfuse them. But damn........I just hope that Rebecca Sugar doesn't know that.

Comment

Lol that would be something. But if my theory is true, then that would make a very good mid season finale. The way I saw things was the mid season 2 finale would be the gems finally taking down malachite and rescuing lapis then throughout the rest of the season, yellow diamond would send gems to earth to look for jasper and peridot and when she finds out that the crystal gems keeps taking down the gems she sends to earth, it could lead to yellow diamond launching a full scale planetary invasion of earth which would be the season 2 finale. Thats how I see things anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkseeker1379 View Post
              Lol that would be something. But if my theory is true, then that would make a very good mid season finale. The way I saw things was the mid season 2 finale would be the gems finally taking down malachite and rescuing lapis then throughout the rest of the season, yellow diamond would send gems to earth to look for jasper and peridot and when she finds out that the crystal gems keeps taking down the gems she sends to earth, it could lead to yellow diamond launching a full scale planetary invasion of earth which would be the season 2 finale. Thats how I see things anyway.
              Actually a really good theory. I think the Gems should use Alexandrite to combat Malachite or at least Garnet and Pearl's fusion. But a hyped Yellow Diamond should be strong enough to take all four of them and fodderize them.......still waiting for that new Steven Universe episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Zevroid-11 View Post
                The new episodes are next week, yes?

Gonna be interesting to see Pearl's second attempt at sword lessons.
                I can predict that Pearl will see some worth in Connie and allow her to wield Rose's sword.

Comment

Dude, lapis was scared of yellow diamond and lapis is stronger than all of the crystal gems combined. Plus with a cracked gem she could lifewipe the planet if she wanted to by flooding the planet lol. That would mean that yellow diamond has to have enough power to destroy the planet.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkseeker1379 View Post
                    Dude, lapis was scared of yellow diamond and lapis is stronger than all of the crystal gems combined. Plus with a cracked gem she could lifewipe the planet if she wanted to by flooding the planet lol. That would mean that yellow diamond has to have enough power to destroy the planet.
                    Jasper also forced her into submission and was made Lapis' superior. And Malachite combines both Lapis & Jasper, probably making her planet+. And Malachite should at least be as fast as Garnet, who casually blocked lightning.

http://giant.gfycat.com/EqualVenerat...icanavocet.gif

Comment

I think the only reason jasper was able to do that cause one, she had a gem destablelizer and two, they were on a spaceship far away from any water. Plus when they fused, lapis was clearly the dominant one given how she immediately took control and pulled them to the bottom of the ocean. And if lapis is that powerful I can't even imagine how powerful rose was. I bet she was a monster during the war 5,000 years ago.

Comment

I just saw a new promo for the sworn to the sword and it looks like steven can now summon his shield at will now. He even pulled of a combo of both his shield and his bubble in pushing back 4 holo pearls.
                        Last edited by Darkseeker1379; June 15th, 2015, 12:27 AM.

Comment

So, uh, this is a thing. New opening.

Comment

• Darkseeker1379
                            Darkseeker1379 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I'm loving the new opening. It legit looks like an anime opening.

The new opening is sexy af.........and Pearl ships Stevonnie....9.5/10 episode tbh

Comment

Originally posted by BraveMetero View Post
                            The new opening is sexy af.........and Pearl ships Stevonnie....9.5/10 episode tbh
                            I haven't seen the episode yet, I just found the opening while checking if the episode was online yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Zevroid-11 View Post

I haven't seen the episode yet, I just found the opening while checking if the episode was online yet.
                              If you want the link to the episode, here it is:
                              http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2u...-the-sword_fun

Looking forward to tomorrow, but I have no idea what the episode is gonna be about. I feel like the first StevenBomb messed up the seasons. Like how season 1 sort of ended prematurely on Thursday, then immediately afterwards, season 2 episode 1 is on Friday.

Comment

• Darkseeker1379
                                Darkseeker1379 commented
                                Editing a comment
                                The next new episode's about ronaldo doing some investigating and wondering if the gems are really safe for beach city.

• BraveMetero
                                BraveMetero commented
                                Editing a comment
                                tbh after watching that episode, I feel that was the weakest episode on Steven Bomb. But, it was hilarious......

Having watched the episode...

Well I really don't have much to say, besides the fact that Steven and Connie gave me some serious Shovel Knight and Shield Knight vibes (should be obvious who's who).

Comment

• Darkseeker1379
                                Darkseeker1379 commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Lol. I wish I got that reference. And I thought it was awesome how we got a little bit of a flashback of the war for earth through pearl. That and the gem that attacked rose looked a hell of a lot like jasper.

Hey so apparently in a recent interview with Rebecca Sugar and Lamar Abrams, season 2 is the " true beginning " of the show and that Sugar doesn't think of the season 1 finale as a " heavy " episode.

Thats kind of insane. A lot of fans saw that as a really heavy episode and she doesn't even think its heavy. This basically means that the creators haven't even been really trying yet. Its scary to think about how an episode would be if they actually tried to make it heart wrenching and heavy.

Comment

Working...
                              X