Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What books are you currently reading? (share, recommend, & discuss)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thar View Post
    Been reading the Wastelands by Stephen King, though that's on hold. Recently I started on the Silmarillion by Tolkien, though like most books I'm taking more breaks than making progress.
    I love the Dark Tower series, so that's pretty neat.

I couldn't get through the Silmarillion, it's written more like a myth than a story and that's a bad thing to me. I don't want to have to study names of gods that may or may not be referenced more than once.
    (Just waiting for another set)

Comment

Been reading the Wastelands by Stephen King, though that's on hold. Recently I started on the Silmarillion by Tolkien, though like most books I'm taking more breaks than making progress.
      Well on your side, the Silmarillion is hard reading, props for giving it a go. I always read 1-3 on the Dark Tower then stop and get caught up in other things. I own all of them but have never picked up 4

Comment

Originally posted by Strife View Post

Well on your side, the Silmarillion is hard reading, props for giving it a go. I always read 1-3 on the Dark Tower then stop and get caught up in other things. I own all of them but have never picked up 4
        4 is an interesting one, it gives a look into Roland as a younger man and it shows a lot more of the world they live in. It's worth a go, I'd say.

Comment

Just finished Dostoyevsky's Crime and Punishment
          Sun City Girls - Carnival Folklore Resurrection

Comment

Calling all Tolkien fanboys ( Beholder ). You guys hear about his new book dropping?

Comment

I remembered, Wastelands was put on hold for The Devil's Armor by John Marco. That explains that.

Originally posted by #83.6666666667 View Post
              Calling all Tolkien fanboys ( Beholder ). You guys hear about his new book dropping?
              I was not aware of this. Supposedly it's the first actual story set in Middle Earth? That sounds exciting. Hopefully they still have copies at B&N when I get off of work.
              Switch FC: SW-5328-8869-1579

Comment

Reread the Trial and reading the Castle now
                Originally posted by Oneiros
                In that case, I’m the biggest faggot on the block.

Comment

I did not pay that much attention to it the first time I heard some rumours about it, as I was focused and hyped about the upcoming TV series based on Tolkiens work(5 seasons confirmed, most money ever for TV series budget, 5 seasons confirmed)

I hope it's good and certainly, I am interested.

Comment

Hasn't he been dead for years now?

Comment

Originally posted by Beholder View Post

I did not pay that much attention to it the first time I heard some rumours about it, as I was focused and hyped about the upcoming TV series based on Tolkiens work(5 seasons confirmed, most money ever for TV series budget, 5 seasons confirmed)

I hope it's good and certainly, I am interested.
                      Yo, for a literal billion dollar budget, that would legit be the biggest flop in television history if it gets low reviews

I'm hoping that's not the case, though. I'm hype as fuck
                      Switch FC: SW-5328-8869-1579

Comment

Listening to the Hereticus Audiobook. After that, I will probably move on to the Stormlight Archive. heard good things about it, and I really liked the authors Mistborn series. Either that, or give Percy Jackson a revisit.

Comment

Yo, for a literal billion dollar budget, that would legit be the biggest flop in television history if it gets low reviews

I'm hoping that's not the case, though. I'm hype as fuck
                          sjw, gender diversity and other political bullshit might ruin it, I hope that is not going to be the case.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
                          Working...
                          X