Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Writing Hearth: Brainstorming New Ideas for Short Stories!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Writing Hearth: Brainstorming New Ideas for Short Stories!

This thread shall serve as a bastion of imagination, and where short stories can be built spontaneously with the aid of artistic references!

I'll start:

Belgrade, Serbia- 12th Century.

The Sixth and Final Holy War against The Defiled rages on.

Emperor Alexios I Komnenos' Sanctuary- the last fortress protecting the true descendants of the Bulgarian Patiarchate, has fallen.

Vile ash permeates the sullen air- repugnant beasts roam amongst the corpses of the noble and proud.

Shriek squeals of grotesque abominations can be heard throughout the barren lands- its death cry signals a far sinister evil.

They are here.

Drenched in shadows- stained in the unholy and foul, they march to the Citadel.

The final battle approaches, and the proud warriors of Serbia know that the end is not far from sight.

The bloodshed begins.

Thunderous roars of swords and maces strike The Defiled- vulgar chanting parades amongst the fallen creatures, for the determination of Man is not be questioned.

The strike of dawn warns the men that the fight has just begun- Euclidean shapes emerging from the grotesque misshapen creatures cannibalizes all as its regurgitates The True Enemy.

Scourges of curses erupt from its center- the Anti-Thesis of All Life, corpses begin to pile atrociously beneath its form.

The Doors of Damnation have opened- All has been lost.

Suddenly, the young Emperor of Serbia- Novak Vladimir Djokovic III leads the charge against the monstrous deformity.

Enshrined in his sword lies the Remnants of the Holy Lance of Longinus- he thrusts Humanity's Final Prayer within the tumorous existence lying in front of him.

The Sixth and Final Holy War has been won- Humanity lives once more in peace alongside the Lord's Gospel.

Neat idea for a thread. I'll add to it when I get an idea

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post
      Neat idea for a thread. I'll add to it when I get an idea
      Splendid!

Hopefully, your idea will blossom beautiful, and even more people may be encouraged to participate in this magical event dedicated to respect the power of our imaginations.

I have an idea for another short story; however, I have to think it through.

There's certain details that I feel may be unnecessary for the piece, but that'll be for a later time. ^_^

Comment

This seems like a good place to just spitball stuff, so I'll start with this:

1.) In a world where religion is outlawed, technology has advanced rapidly, so much that in its equivalent medieval time, steam power and electricity were already discovered. As the industrial age continues to blossom, religious cults fester the lands and sprout like weeds, prompting the Military Organization of Religion Detainment (MORD) to take action. This story follows a member of MORD as he scouts for gathering places of these cults, where he finds a gathering of such people known as the Cult of the Sapphire Eye, whose beautiful and wise leader and oracle foresees the destruction of humanity by the awakening of the Great Overseer, a mechanical colossi created by the ancient people before their own world was eradicated. When the scout learns of this fate, he is left with an ultimatum: Should he believe the tellings and abandon his duty for his life? Or will he ignore the twisted schemes of this cult and stay true to his organization?

Not sure how grand this is meant to be, though considering it has a whole world planned around it, it kinda sets a pretty wide ground for it.

2.) A popular college guy meets a strange girl that everyone seems to avoid, yet something about her attracts him. They soon start talking and meeting up between classes, getting strange looks from his friends. Frustrated with the judgment, he is told that this girl is nobody, but he refuses to believe so. As time goes on, the evidence is hinted at the fact that this girl is just a mirage before he finds out that she's been dead in her dorm for the last couple days he's been talking to her image. At this point, the guy is completely broken and his reputation is shattered, but he is convinced that she is not truly dead, given that her ghost wouldn't be around if there wasn't any trace of life left. With nothing left to lose, he takes her to a hospital, where she is revived and brought back from a near-death coma through unlikely odds. The girl does not remember him, but he is happy either way and later tries to repair the relationship he had with his friends with some difficulty. This girl, meanwhile, begins to start a new life, happier than she's ever been.

Writing this made me realize it's a lot like Just Like Heaven, but this would have a more dark and thrilling tone to it. Seemed interesting in concept, but still trying to figure out how it would go.

3.) The world's last necromancers hide in seclusion from society, but as the tyrant king of the ruling city was killed, their magic is used to bring him back to life as their puppet to indirectly take the throne. Meanwhile, a younger member of the clan stumbles upon the body of the king's daughter, using his magic to reanimate her. Though she is without a head, she soon made to be a great bodyguard with her skills in combat. She makes it clear to the young necromancer that she must find her head setting them on a journey through the tense and convoluted politics that take over the world under the undead tyrant.

A vague idea, but to have a story centered on what is perceived as "evil" would make for an interesting perspective in these types of worlds.

Let me know what y'all think.

Comment

• Mr.Sunshine
          Mr.Sunshine commented
          Editing a comment
          They're quite wonderful ideas- I never would have conjured such details in my head, so I must praise you for your ingenuity!

I'm truly loving your idea of a world where necromancy and the morbid arena of politics clash to a decisive battle that'll decide the fate of the decaying Kingdom.

I can only wonder what marvelous ideas you'll conjure next, my friend. ^_^

Have a great day/night. <3

• OrganizationXV
          OrganizationXV commented
          Editing a comment
          Those are all super interesting, especially that last one. I can see that getting real weird, in a great way.

Let me give this a shot.

October 17, 1997,was the first recorded birth of a demigod. From then onwards, a generation of children grew up and learned that they had supernatural powers forced into them, including a limited form of immortality and some type of elemental manipulation. The story follows a particular group of youngsters as the world around them reacts to this strange phenomenon, and how it's shaped by centuries of their influence.

As the years wear on, these powerful people become increasingly dangerous. Reckless teens abuse their powers, militaristic governments amass armies as other nations are struggling to maintain the status quo. A cult worshipping enigmatic gods picks up more and more steam, especially when they seem to know more than anyone else what's happening. As the years go by, the magic these people wield becomes stronger and stronger, as less and less of their breed remain.

If the cult is to be believed, at the end of days there will only be one left, one with the full power of a God, and they would take the mantle of one as well.

Comment

I'm on a bit of a flow, so I'll definitely get to read and opine on your idea Org in a bit.
          --------------------------------------------------
          Santa Catarina, Brazil- On the Outskirts of Pomerode: 1884

The night glistens yet shudders profusely, for the stars dare not luster and the moon remains hidden in a miasma known on by cowards.

Blood seeps through the cracks in the pavement- an ominous silence betrays the liveliness that the beast emanates as it strolls through the virgin streets where its prey live in duly fright.

Frenetic and sudden steps break the silence of the night.

Chattering, gurgling, sobbing- pathetic noises are heard sharply behind the beast.

Golden locks dyed in dripping velvet red- miniscule green eyes framed in a robust, rounded face, glares heinously at the beast.

No older than fourteen, a pale, chalk-white child wields a butcher's knife with his trembling right hand.

A deadly encounter- a fated meeting, a passionless onslaught: That was the significance that the night held on that day.

Lovingly, affectionately, romantically- the beast slowly turns to face the child, and a soft murmur escapes its luscious lips.

A maddeningly declaration of love shrieks through the beast's bright amethyst eyes- sickeningly-visceral images of carnal lust seeps through the pores of her bare breasts, and its hunger for blood roars loudly into the barren night.

The end is nigh.

The soft days of happiness end in the perverse hours of darkness, and the greater tragedy begins.

Nereta, Latvia- In the Hearth of a Pilskalne's Residence: 1899

Elias-Luka von Justus awakens in a frenzy- sweat drenches the sheets and clothes that comfort him in the first break of sunlight on a long summery year.

Yet another night robs Elias of the innocence of being ignorant of the evils that walk the Earth.

Even then, Elias takes in a deep breath, and begins undressing as he prepares to relieve himself of the horrors of that psychotic night with a heavy shower as always.

Family deceased- dear friends reduced to minced meat, Elias washes away distant memories, for the day has yet to begin, and the hunt begins.

. . .

In a café known for their sweet delicacies, there he waits.

The plan is set into motion.

He wonders how long has he awaited for this day.

He revels in the bitterness and helplessness of that dreadful night all those years ago- the pain of knowing just how powerless he was to save his loved ones from that abomination.

The decade it took him to train his body and mind to hunt the horrors of the night- the injuries that would never heal.

They were all worth it, for the beast has been found at long last.

Here she comes.

Dark, luscious hair kept loose entices the hearts of young men that dare stare at her beauty.

A voluptuous, full-figured frame adorns not only her white gown encrusted with intricate designs but her snow-white skin that resembled the radiance of the sun itself.

Bright amethyst eyes simmer ravishingly- a gentle, pure love pierces the hearts of whoever dares lay eyes upon her, and a joyful smile decors her face as she strolls amongst the people that greet her in kind.

A violent shudder runs through Elias' spine.

It was as Father Daniel- the Lutheran Bishop heralding from Santa Catarina, Brazil, had feared all along.

A vampire has finally conquered the Sun itself, for not even its light is sufficient to eradicate the beast in front of Elias' eyes.

The bloodless feast begins.

The day is still young; however, the end of the end is still to far to even glance at.

[End of Intermission 1: The Dreaded Day Of That Day Follows Till The End Of Thine Blood]

Comment

Let me give this a shot.

October 17, 1997,was the first recorded birth of a demigod. From then onwards, a generation of children grew up and learned that they had supernatural powers forced into them, including a limited form of immortality and some type of elemental manipulation. The story follows a particular group of youngsters as the world around them reacts to this strange phenomenon, and how it's shaped by centuries of their influence.

As the years wear on, these powerful people become increasingly dangerous. Reckless teens abuse their powers, militaristic governments amass armies as other nations are struggling to maintain the status quo. A cult worshipping enigmatic gods picks up more and more steam, especially when they seem to know more than anyone else what's happening. As the years go by, the magic these people wield becomes stronger and stronger, as less and less of their breed remain.

If the cult is to be believed, at the end of days there will only be one left, one with the full power of a God, and they would take the mantle of one as well.
            Oh!

I cannot wait to imagine the entirety of this world, my friend.

Would you happen to have a somewhat clear ending in mind, Org?

If you don't mind, I'd like to hear the possible conclusion of that world. ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Sunshine View Post

Oh!

I cannot wait to imagine the entirety of this world, my friend.

Would you happen to have a somewhat clear ending in mind, Org?

If you don't mind, I'd like to hear the possible conclusion of that world. ^_^
              I'm not totally sure at this point. There's a few different ways I could lead this.

A main character is going to enter godhood, and that'll start the end of the series. I'm not sure where to go from there though, lol

Comment

god-helly has several, but none that satisfy the parameter of "short", lul. it seems err1 is also posting ideas for some long stories tho so i'll do the same

all of these take place in the universe im building, and serve either as deep lore or just to explore some aspects that wouldnt be able to fit in the main series.

Teishi Falls

This follows the life of Herapha from its humble beginnings, a young nun (well, the alien equivalent, anyway) fully devoted to her religion and the well-being of other people. Her life mostly consists of her duties as a teacher during the weekdays and her church duties during weekends, and spending time with her best friend in between. Usually, her weeks are punctuated by her private moments of meditation, introspection, and religious study done in a clearing that lies beyond her church, a place where she used to hold her Sunday school (or the alien equivalent) and is dear to her. It is here where she first starts having conversations with some strange disembodied entity, an encounter that would astonish anyone and certainly worried Herapha at first. Their conversations were mild, and would grow more intimate as Herapha became comfortable that the thing was not malicious. It spoke of noble spirits possessing great power, of worlds in the sky, and of greater knowledge. It spoke of Herapha's great potential, and its wish to confer its blessings upon her. Herapha need only cross the clearing and go into the wilderness beyond, and she would find the speaker at the waterfall that sits neatly on the border of her humble town. What things will await her there if she decides to accept the invitation? Will she be confronted with a malicious spirit, or a noble one? And what of her beliefs? What will become of them in either scenario, will she discover she was wrong, or that her upbringing was right and she grew up to make the wrong decision in coming to the waterfall? Revelation, love, tragedy, evil, and great change - these are all things that Herapha will come to experience before and after that fateful day at Teishi Falls.....

im actually workin on that one atm. the first two chapters, anyway. its my personal favorite out of all the ones ive got on the backburner because Herapha is such an interesting personality to me, and the junction im at atm is so serene and jovial. nostalgic, really. like what church was when i was an innocent lil kid.

anyway

idea 2 is alot darker

Hollow

Takes place in the Black Eye galaxy, on a rocky planet called
                Cyclem. This follows the adult life of Veras Epherseid, an ambitious and gifted optical engineer who specializes in telescopes. Through some ingenious planning, she is able to put together the plans for a massive telescope that will be placed into orbit around a neighbouring planetoid. She passes many trials along the way, but the payoff is extraordinary and the discoveries of her team reverberated throughout the entire planet.

The first article of note were the signs of activity beneath the crust of a satellite belonging to a distant planet. Immediately, Veras herself would opt into a manned expedition under the pretense that she would engineer an observatory for the moon's surface. The second article would continue to puzzle - and then worry - Veras for the next 10 years until the mission was thoroughly organized and put together.

Well beyond the furthest planet of their solar system, barely in the Black Eye galaxy, a celestial anomaly was discovered. Veras's telescope would continue to take photographs for many months and reveal that although it was nearby a gas giant, its trajectory was not following the expected trend of an orbit around it. Instead, C-107eb was making a beeline straight for Cyclem. Immediately, the press began publishing stories about extraterrestrial scouts, alien leviathans, and other equally fantastical theories. Veras herself would remain skeptical until she was able to get a clearer shot from the more powerful telescope designated for the distant ice satellite.

10 years later, she would get her chance. Excitement and dread filled the minds of the whole team, and many trials and horrors, physical and psycological, would await them in the vast stretches of space between their home and their destination. By the end of the first part of their journey, Veras will have become a different person, haunted by all the things that happened aboard their ship, all the while missing her home terribly and having awful night terrors about the strange thing streaking across the galaxy towards their solar system.

On the ice moon, many more discoveries and adventures awaited Veras in the various forms of aquatic fawn and fauna (some of them fatal), as well as an amphibious species of primitive intelligence that would greet her team with hospitality. A leg of relative peace would be found here as Veras learned to communicate with them and discover some things about their history....in the shadow of the mystery of C-107eb, some of them were truly, deeply worrying.

A profoundly gripping tale of a long and arduous journey, revealing the secrets of life in her solar system, the insanity of mankind, evolutionary cataclysms, and the shadows of alien minds perhaps as old as the universe itself....this is the story detailing Veras Epherseid's encounters with alien primitives, her struggles against bureaucracy, her fight to keep her team together, her endless battle against herself, and her encounter with an ancient and terrifying artifact that may hold secrets beyond her wildest imaginations.....

that took a while lol. man, typing it all up like this makes me realize i might not finish this one until im in my 30's lol. this is a LONG fukkin story, man. like, War And Peace levels of long except the focus will be on one character for the most part but the amount of character arcs and how much detail she has is insane. Teishi Falls is me just telling a story. Hollow is me telling a LIFE, lol.

and there's a part 2, btw....did u know???? part 2 was what started it all for me. Well, actually, the final antagonist of the main story of this universe is what started this, but the first deep lore meme on its back story came from the novel that will follow my previous idea. Veras was just supposed to be a peripheral character, but i became so frikkin engrossed with her adventure that i went and made her story a full part 1 instead of just a brief prologue.

anyway, here's part 2

Hollow II

Two generations have passed since Cyclem had been attacked by a sudden invasion of strange biomechanical entities. After various suicide missions and heavy losses, the planetary forces were able to fight off the strange alien superstructure that had landed, forcing it to retreat to outer orbit. Since then, the surviving population - a mere sliver compared to what they were before - has lived in fear in their remaining cities. Various ruins of buildings that had once stood tall dot the lands, a reminder of the great Armageddon that had nearly extinguished them. A once-optimistic race of wide-eyed explorers, few dare to even wander beyond the outskirts alone where various horrid abominations now roam, totally feral and afflicted by strange nanomachines that bestow greater power and intelligence upon those they infect at the cost of an independent will. The animals, the rocks and minerals, the plants - all have been tainted by the strangeness of an extraterrestrial influence that has transformed the lands into something utterly unrecognizable from what it once was. But no reminder is strong, so utterly paralyzing as the one that hangs over the heads of the natives, and the people walk about with eyes cast downwards so they may never see the floating body of death even as it stares down over all of them, watching like some horrid sentinel who will let none come near the planet...nor escape it.

Amidst it all, an old officer, cynical and worn from the numbing dread that permeates throughout everyday life, goes about her duties as protector and mentor. During one of her patrols, she is informed on the discovery of a body and rushes to the scene. Upon arrival, she discovers it was one of her former cadets. Their body was crushed in half beneath a fallen powerline. During the autopsy, nothing else was found except that the cadet's brain had somehow been removed by procedures that had not been detectable by forensics. Soon afterwards, rumors of alien spies masquerading as natives began spreading among authorities and government officials. To those familiar with the case of the cadet, the connection was clear: the sinister satellite was going to attack again, this time after thoroughly weakening its prey by the use of sabotage and espionage. Demoralised, frantic, the planet of Cyclem is now in a race against time. They must discover who the double-agents are and eliminate them before all of the planet's military secrets get leaked to their lurking murderer and they are all destroyed forever...but in the face of such dire odds, amidst the fear of mass hysteria shared by authorities, and the distrust from the survivors who sense something being hidden from them by their governments, who will really prove to be Cyclem's greatest threat? Must the people be afraid of the destruction wrought by C-107eb....or that which may be wrought by each other...?

....damn. lol. each time i type one up, it becomes my new favourite. theres just so much potential here, and i love psycological stuff so much. I wanna start workin on all of these again lol, but fuck me dude I already have arts- and music-stuffs to do. goddamnit i need to do something over the weekend

Originally posted by Kajin_Style
                Completely denouncing every bit of evidence I present WITHOUT any counter evidence to point to the contrary is not logic; it's outright denial.
                I'm sure you'll come up with some debunking excuse.

Comment

gdi, dude....f it, im workin on sumthin TODAY lol, but will it be Veras or will it be Herapha???????

Completely denouncing every bit of evidence I present WITHOUT any counter evidence to point to the contrary is not logic; it's outright denial.

Comment

I'm not totally sure at this point. There's a few different ways I could lead this.

A main character is going to enter godhood, and that'll start the end of the series. I'm not sure where to go from there though, lol
                    I see, I see.

That's good enough for me, so I hope that you'll eventually be inspired to continue that little story for everyone to read, Org. ^_^

Comment

Helly:

There's no need to worry, my friend.

As long as you're not writing entire encyclopedias within one post, then you're perfectly safe.

Sectioning a larger story into smaller pieces is encouraged in this thread; nonetheless, shorter stories are preferred.

In other words, the story shouldn't be as detailed and in-depth as you'd expect a thorough novel to be- keep it in the realm of a short novella, if possible.

Regarding your two stories: Teishi Falls and Hollow, I'll have to admit that I'm more inclined and interested in Sister Herapha, for my Eternal Optimist- my inner Pollyanna, supports Sister Herapha in all of her endeavors.

Hopefully, whenever you have time, you'll find your way back to this thread, and weave your tale for everyone to read and be inspired in our own work, my friend. =3

Comment

Helly:

There's no need to worry, my friend.

As long as you're not writing entire encyclopedias within one post, then you're perfectly safe.

Sectioning a larger story into smaller pieces is encouraged in this thread; nonetheless, shorter stories are preferred.

In other words, the story shouldn't be as detailed and in-depth as you'd expect a thorough novel to be- keep it in the realm of a short novella, if possible.

Regarding your two stories: Teishi Falls and Hollow, I'll have to admit that I'm more inclined and interested in Sister Herapha, for my Eternal Optimist- my inner Pollyanna, supports Sister Herapha in all of her endeavors.

Hopefully, whenever you have time, you'll find your way back to this thread, and weave your tale for everyone to read and be inspired in our own work, my friend. =3
                        i might post a few excerpts from Herapha's tale here, yeh. its alot more lighthearted, and although it is a long story it's significantly less complex next to the detail and degree of research i have to do just to make Hollow pt 1 semi-realistic. government infrastructures, space rockets, the space mission logistics, not to mention the inner workings of powerful telescopes capable of looking lightyears into the distance, and then there's the language i gotta come up with for the amphibious primitives....¡aye, caramba! I'll be lucky to finish it within 7 years lol, which is TERRIBLY disappointing. Teishi Falls, i can def do, tho. its a nice little idea, nothing groundbreaking as an idea alone but i think i can do something truly profoundly touching with the characters

Comment

A few more ideas that I forgot about until now:

1.) After new gangs develop in his hometown, a young graduate of mechanical engineering finds himself involved in his cousin's business of manufacturing guns to be sold on the black market to profit off of the city-wide gang war. It wasn't long until he was caught, given the choice to serve in prison or serve in the army. Accepting the latter, he was soon recognized for his exceptional skills in mechanics and engineering. Within a year on duty, chunks of him were blown off my a mortar attack, putting him on death's door until he was brought to a top secret division of the military, where he was restored as a cyborg with highly advanced weaponry and other technology. Since then he has become the military's most useful soldiers, but he sensed suspicious activity by his supervisors and rebelled, seeing no reason to stay. Upon dishonorably discharging himself from the military, he had immediately gained notoriety from the government, thereby finding a good place as the new don of his cousin's business and running under the name of Smith, the most widely known and feared weapons manufacturer in the region.

2.) A group of some of the most notorious people in this fantasy world meet in the same superprison, banding together to break out and form the Chaos Conclave, a group of people whose sole purpose is to stir chaos throughout the land, turning it into a world without laws or limits. As this group of high-profile anti-heroes pursue their vision, one by one their personal lives find a way to obstruct their path or interfere.

That's all I have for now.

Comment

tl;dr

Comment

• Mr.Sunshine
                              Mr.Sunshine commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Post ideas for the short stories that lie within your head, and eventually post them in this thread.

Its that simple, my friend. =3

I was thinking of making a thread similar to this.but want to wait until had more will to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Helly View Post

i might post a few excerpts from Herapha's tale here, yeh. its alot more lighthearted, and although it is a long story it's significantly less complex next to the detail and degree of research i have to do just to make Hollow pt 1 semi-realistic. government infrastructures, space rockets, the space mission logistics, not to mention the inner workings of powerful telescopes capable of looking lightyears into the distance, and then there's the language i gotta come up with for the amphibious primitives....¡aye, caramba! I'll be lucky to finish it within 7 years lol, which is TERRIBLY disappointing. Teishi Falls, i can def do, tho. its a nice little idea, nothing groundbreaking as an idea alone but i think i can do something truly profoundly touching with the characters
                              Eureka!

I'll be waiting patiently for that day to arrive, and so I wait. ^_^

That's quite true, but I know that you'll be able to do it, Helly.

Mature like an apple, and cross the finish line as a sturdy apple tree!

That sounds splendid, so I'll be anticipating reading it even more than before. =3

Comment

Originally posted by Thar View Post
                                A few more ideas that I forgot about until now:

1.) After new gangs develop in his hometown, a young graduate of mechanical engineering finds himself involved in his cousin's business of manufacturing guns to be sold on the black market to profit off of the city-wide gang war. It wasn't long until he was caught, given the choice to serve in prison or serve in the army. Accepting the latter, he was soon recognized for his exceptional skills in mechanics and engineering. Within a year on duty, chunks of him were blown off my a mortar attack, putting him on death's door until he was brought to a top secret division of the military, where he was restored as a cyborg with highly advanced weaponry and other technology. Since then he has become the military's most useful soldiers, but he sensed suspicious activity by his supervisors and rebelled, seeing no reason to stay. Upon dishonorably discharging himself from the military, he had immediately gained notoriety from the government, thereby finding a good place as the new don of his cousin's business and running under the name of Smith, the most widely known and feared weapons manufacturer in the region.

2.) A group of some of the most notorious people in this fantasy world meet in the same superprison, banding together to break out and form the Chaos Conclave, a group of people whose sole purpose is to stir chaos throughout the land, turning it into a world without laws or limits. As this group of high-profile anti-heroes pursue their vision, one by one their personal lives find a way to obstruct their path or interfere.

That's all I have for now.

Oh!

I adore stories that involve cyborgs, so I'm quite pleased to see that a conflict-in-process is brewing in that tale.

From current day in our world, how much time do you estimate passed in that world?

A century or two?

As for the second tale, I'm intrigued by the prison, but I'm partially worried about it possible execution.

It sounds nice on paper, but I just have the feeling that things can go awry real quick when trying to flesh-out interactions with loved ones in those kind of stories.

It can either drag on too long- getting stale and uniteresting, or its too short and little is understood.

How much time-writing do you envision devoting to those interactions in that story, if I may ask?

Regardless of it all, I truly love the idea of both tales, so I hope to see more short stories from you!

Originally posted by Zemoco View Post
                                I was thinking of making a thread similar to this.but want to wait until had more will to do it.
                                Is that so?

I see.

It seems that the early-riser won the cherry pie!

Hehehe!

Nonetheless, I hope that you develop wonderful short stories, and participate with everyone in this thread. ^_^

Comment

Oh!

I adore stories that involve cyborgs, so I'm quite pleased to see that a conflict-in-process is brewing in that tale.

From current day in our world, how much time do you estimate passed in that world?

A century or two?
                                  I'd say like a decade or so. We take so much for granted in terms of the medical and technological advancements that we've made that we don't even realize we could totally do it if we just put more focus and funding on R&D for it. Though the latter would be the biggest issue.

As for the second tale, I'm intrigued by the prison, but I'm partially worried about it possible execution.

It sounds nice on paper, but I just have the feeling that things can go awry real quick when trying to flesh-out interactions with loved ones in those kind of stories.

It can either drag on too long- getting stale and uniteresting, or its too short and little is understood.

How much time-writing do you envision devoting to those interactions in that story, if I may ask?
                                  I imagined it as sort of a product of an evil-aligned D&D game. One member would be a rogue with shadow powers, one is a powerful vorpal monk, one is a berserker minotaur, etc. It's rather vague, but it was interesting to think about in terms of what might happen or how they would interact. I'm a big fan of stories where a bunch of diverse characters are stuck together and eventually become friends. Seeing that kind of development just warms my heart.

I have something similar in mind in regards to the vagueness and open-ended possibilities of the world(s). In this case, the setting is based more on the development of the solar system that it's in rather than the story itself. So like the Silmarillion is to Lord of the Rings, but on a more galactic scale.

The concept of this solar system is that there are two suns, creating a bizarre orbital system where planetary collisions are relatively normal. In the beginning, these planets developed with a single element in mind, and when two planets collided, they would fuse together into one and their elements would combine. So for example, one planet would be primarily composed of fire and lava and volcanoes, while the other would be primarily water. These planets would collide and create a planet composed of rock, obsidian, and clouds, though parts of it would still have bits of water and lava.

With that, another phenomenon would occur. Upon collision and combining, the fusing of their cores would release a magical essence that cause the evolution of inhabitant creatures to mutate, creating new creatures. In addition, the essence would give life to the elements themselves, creating primordial beings similar to the titans from Hercules.

The story I had in mind would take place in the example I gave of the planet with obsidian, rock, and clouds. The main character would be a resident of the water planet, but the lava planet would collide and, miraculously, he survived due to the release of the essence from the cores granting him resistance to its catastrophic effects. The story would be about his journey exploring this new planet, developing his newly acquired core magic abilities, and surviving the world's new harsh conditions.

Again, it's more conceptual and the idea is rather vague, but it's a start.

Comment

I'd say like a decade or so. We take so much for granted in terms of the medical and technological advancements that we've made that we don't even realize we could totally do it if we just put more focus and funding on R&D for it. Though the latter would be the biggest issue.
                                    I see.

That's certainly true, which is why my faith in humanity will never diminish nor perish!

Go, humanity! <3333333

I imagined it as sort of a product of an evil-aligned D&D game. One member would be a rogue with shadow powers, one is a powerful vorpal monk, one is a berserker minotaur, etc. It's rather vague, but it was interesting to think about in terms of what might happen or how they would interact. I'm a big fan of stories where a bunch of diverse characters are stuck together and eventually become friends. Seeing that kind of development just warms my heart.

I have something similar in mind in regards to the vagueness and open-ended possibilities of the world(s). In this case, the setting is based more on the development of the solar system that it's in rather than the story itself. So like the Silmarillion is to Lord of the Rings, but on a more galactic scale.

The concept of this solar system is that there are two suns, creating a bizarre orbital system where planetary collisions are relatively normal. In the beginning, these planets developed with a single element in mind, and when two planets collided, they would fuse together into one and their elements would combine. So for example, one planet would be primarily composed of fire and lava and volcanoes, while the other would be primarily water. These planets would collide and create a planet composed of rock, obsidian, and clouds, though parts of it would still have bits of water and lava.

With that, another phenomenon would occur. Upon collision and combining, the fusing of their cores would release a magical essence that cause the evolution of inhabitant creatures to mutate, creating new creatures. In addition, the essence would give life to the elements themselves, creating primordial beings similar to the titans from Hercules.

The story I had in mind would take place in the example I gave of the planet with obsidian, rock, and clouds. The main character would be a resident of the water planet, but the lava planet would collide and, miraculously, he survived due to the release of the essence from the cores granting him resistance to its catastrophic effects. The story would be about his journey exploring this new planet, developing his newly acquired core magic abilities, and surviving the world's new harsh conditions.

Again, it's more conceptual and the idea is rather vague, but it's a start.
                                    Is that so?

I see.

I have a clear image of what you're telling me, so I wish you the best of success and happiness in crafting your tales, Thar! ^_^

Comment

Working...
                                    X