• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dan View Post

You said Shuckle is a bad design, you're just dumb
    I said it was stupid, not bad
    it still somehow has more detail and charm than modern designs so it's fine
    Originally posted by Kajin_Style ;n513566
    Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

Comment

I too, like the sewage pokemon

Comment

Originally posted by Max View Post
        I too, like the sewage pokemon
        Trubbish is pretty cool, I agree
        Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

Comment

Originally posted by DokTOR. View Post

I said it was stupid, not bad
          it still somehow has more detail and charm than modern designs so it's fine
          You're aren't even being serious if you want to claim designs from Gen 1 or 2 are more "detailed" than modern ones, and again "charm" is entirely subjective

All you've said is "New pokemon bad" and probably because you read it was on the internet

Comment

entirely subjective
            woah
            you mean to say that opinions are subjective?
            crazy

doesn't change the fact that the design sensibilities and aesthetics have changed over time

D8ZzGxLXsAAyzKZ.jpg

I won't even get on how the trainer designs have progressively become more and more generic otakubait, and how the coloring has gone to shit ever since they ditched the watercolour art

also before some other retard brings up muk again, I know I've been using gen 1 examples, but gen 3 has by far the best designed dex outside of exceptions like Volbeat and Gardevoir and shit, and it's what every dex should strive for
            Last edited by DokTOR.; November 30th, 2019, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Gen 3 does have the best pokemon, especially compared to today's cartoony pokemon.

Last edited by Cid; December 1st, 2019, 10:08 AM. Reason: Just fixed your image for you, you copied the google search results URL instead of the image one.
              Originally posted by Wade
              Everything is hidden in plain sight, like in Men in Black. We've all just been neuralized to think it is "normal".

Comment

something something exceptions something rule

Comment

something something exceptions something rule
                  I unironically agree with you about the quality and that it changed over time, I just don't think the problem with new pokemon is that they lack detail- if anything, a lot of them are over designed imo.
                  Originally posted by Wade
                  Everything is hidden in plain sight, like in Men in Black. We've all just been neuralized to think it is "normal".

Comment

woah
                    you mean to say that opinions are subjective?
                    crazy

doesn't change the fact that the design sensibilities and aesthetics have changed over time

D8ZzGxLXsAAyzKZ.jpg

I won't even get on how the trainer designs have progressively become more and more generic otakubait, and how the coloring has gone to shit ever since they ditched the watercolour art

also before some other retard brings up muk again, I know I've been using gen 1 examples, but gen 3 has by far the best designed dex outside of exceptions like Volbeat and Gardevoir and shit, and it's what every dex should strive for
                    That "infograph" is retarded, don't complain about cherry picking when that's the only support for your argument

Your point about the trainers and even the color scheme I can actually agree with but that's just Pokemon making sure they capitalize on what's popular in gaming, blame the otaku forever alones and the chris chan adjacent man autists, not the company who (rightfully) takes advantage of them

For the last point Gen 3 was undeniably where the push for more detailed designs started and generally handled the idea best while also being ground zero for the designs like Zangoose, Blaziken, Gardevoir and Absol which leads us to stuff like Lucario and all the other furrymons, and wasn't that one of your complaints?

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post

I unironically agree with you about the quality and that it changed over time, I just don't think the problem with new pokemon is that they lack detail- if anything, a lot of them are over designed imo.
                      For legendaries and some important final evolutions? Sure, they're "overdesigned" because they have too many extra spikes and unnecessary color patterns.. But for most of the dex filler Pokemon, the problem is that they're aiming toward a cuter, more basic aesthetic. Older Pokemon managed to merge both "goofy" and "cool" perfectly.

I mean, look at this thing:

You've had like 4 or 5 of this same forgettable blob design in the past 2 generations

And this thing looks like a baby stage Digimon

don't complain about cherry picking when that's the only support for your argument[
                      I mean I could compare each design one by one and make statistics based on it but that would be a lot of work for what basically amounts to an opinions contest. If you can't look at two dexes side-by-side and notice changes in design philosophy and if you think they haven't changed in over 20 years then that's your problem.

For the last point Gen 3 was undeniably where the push for more detailed designs started and generally handled the idea best while also being ground zero for the designs like Zangoose, Blaziken, Gardevoir and Absol which leads us to stuff like Lucario and all the other furrymons, and wasn't that one of your complaints?

I agree gen 3 was a transition point between the older design philosophy and the newer one, but it still was stuck at a point where it respected the old one leading to a good quantity of designs. Absol and Zangoose aren't literally humans in fursuits like Lucario, Cinderace and Zeraora. More importantly, they don't seem to have a "personality gimmick" like a lot of new designs (see: Incineroar, stylized wrestler; Intelleon, stylized spy; Cinderace, stylized footballer), they're believable animal/monster creatures. Blaziken is arguably in the same boat as well, chickens are already bipedal and his limbs aren't human-like at all; compare it to Cinderace, a bipedal rabbit with human feet and hands. Replace Cinderace's head with a human's and it doesn't look off, replace Blaziken's and you get an abomination.

Gardevoir is shit like I already mentioned.

blame the otaku forever alones and the chris chan adjacent man autists, not the company who (rightfully) takes advantage of them
                      I blame both, the autists and the company that lacks integrity lmao.
                      Last edited by DokTOR.; December 1st, 2019, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X