No announcement yet.

What are some decent Switch games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I enjoyed Breath of the Wild but I can certainly see why others wouldn't. I think that's because it's a game that gives you a lot of ways to accomplish what you need to do, which is a lot of fun, but it doesn't really give you a lot of things that you need to do, which can make the big world seem empty for those who want something more substantial than exploring a very expansive map. I don't have much of an opinion on the shrines, they're pretty alright. The story is fine too, but like I said, I can certainly see why others wouldn't (and don't) appreciate the game.

Comment

To be fair on PR, there really is a lot of walking and running around with not all too much in between “the big things” (the shrines and some bosses and the giant critters you get to mess with) unless you’re purposely dicking around...but that can get kind of old. Korok seeds are also a pain to find, and hunting around for those without a guide would get...kind of annoying, kind of fast.

For the genre it is in, I’m sure it’s great, but I just couldn’t care to finish it over something like Mario Odyssey, and it’s probably gonna stay that way.

Comment

not marvel ultimate alliance 3

Comment

Fire Emblem Three Houses :P

Comment

Also 20 of those shrines are just a single room where you fight a robot while another 20 are ones that literally just hand you the treasure. That leaves only 80 shrines where you solve puzzles and even then they're all bland and forgettable and over in 2 minutes.

We lost real proper dungeons for this trash.
            Last edited by Pocket Rocket; November 10th, 2019, 02:56 AM.
            Originally posted by Kajin_Style
            I have this illness called "Having-a-Heart" and gives me this irrational sense of empathy and care for my fellow man.

Comment

Originally posted by Pocket Rocket View Post
              Also 20 of those shrines are just a single room where you fight a robot while another 20 are ones that literally just hand you the treasure. That leaves only 80 shrines where you solve puzzles and even then they're all bland and forgettable and over in 2 minutes.

We lost real proper dungeons for this trash.
              How many of the shrines did you actually do?

Post your loading screen, I'm curious to know if you even really played the game based off this comment. lol

Comment

Every time I go into one of these threads about Switch games worth playing I always see those same 4-5 games mentioned. Are the Switch options really still that limited 2 years later?

Comment

Originally posted by Louay View Post
                  Every time I go into one of these threads about Switch games worth playing I always see those same 4-5 games mentioned. Are the Switch options really still that limited 2 years later?
                  Nah, just that people generally only recommend the best of the lot. Those are almost always going to be Breath of the Wild, Mario Odyssey, and Smash Ultimate.

But you've also go Mario Maker 2, Splatoon 2, Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Zelda: Link's Awakening, Astral Chain, Luigi's Mansion 3, Mario + Rabbids, and a whole host of excellent ports and indie titles on the eshop.

Switch has a pretty huge selection of great titles.

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post

How many of the shrines did you actually do?

Post your loading screen, I'm curious to know if you even really played the game based off this comment. lol
                    I did them all. Nigga are you really going to pretend the game doesn't have 2 different sets of 20 filler shrines? Are you really going to deny reality?
                    I have this illness called "Having-a-Heart" and gives me this irrational sense of empathy and care for my fellow man.

Comment

I did them all. Nigga are you really going to pretend the game doesn't have 2 different sets of 20 filler shrines? Are you really going to deny reality?
                      "This game isn't worth playing past the tutorial" -a guy that went many hours out of his way to 100% complete the game.
                      Originally posted by Wade
                      Everything is hidden in plain sight, like in Men in Black. We've all just been neuralized to think it is "normal".

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post

"This game isn't worth playing past the tutorial" -a guy that went many hours out of his way to 100% complete the game.
                        And what would you have said if I didn't do all the shrines? "Ha ha goteem he's doesn't know what he's talking about"?

Comment

And what would you have said if I didn't do all the shrines? "Ha ha goteem he's doesn't know what he's talking about"?
                          Nah, if you finished the game it's be enough for me. Who tf completes an open world game they don't even like?

I didn't do that and I love the game
                          Everything is hidden in plain sight, like in Men in Black. We've all just been neuralized to think it is "normal".

Comment

Nah, if you finished the game it's be enough for me. Who tf completes an open world game they don't even like?

I didn't do that and I love the game
                            I didn't even think about trying to get all the Korok seeds especially after learning the reward is just a literal pile of shit. I did all the shrines so I could get the green tunic. Might as well give myself a goal to reach since the game sure doesn't care to. Not my fault Nintendo locked it behind beating the entire fucking game lol

The Deku Tree should have given it to you after you pull out the Master Sword tbh

Comment

Seems like PR actually loved the game and is just being contrary online because of his desire to be special.

Makes a lot more sense than finding someone who didn't love the game.

Comment

you guys really wanted me to have dropped the game halfway through so you could go on and on about that it's ok i understand

Comment

I can imagine some completionists out there would 100% a game they despise either for the challenge or out of obligation

Comment

you guys really wanted me to have dropped the game halfway through so you could go on and on about that it's ok i understand
                                    It's better this way. Only an idiot puts a hundred hours into a video game he hates.

Comment

IMAGINE thinking Breath of the Wild is anything OTHER than the dollar store version of Witcher III.

There are MANY reasons as to why Switch is mountains ahead of PS4 and Xbox One. Breath of the Wild ain’t one of them. lmao

Comment

• Cid
                                        Cid commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        Imagine typing something like that while rocking that Turles set. Amirite?

But seriously guys.

97% of Metacritic
                                      https://www.metacritic.com/browse/ga...witch/filtered

And 14.5 million copies sold.
                                      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ch_video_games

And yet it's not one of the best games out there? Please. lmao

Comment

Originally posted by Ziku View Post
                                        IMAGINE thinking Breath of the Wild is anything OTHER than the dollar store version of Witcher III.

There are MANY reasons as to why Switch is mountains ahead of PS4 and Xbox One. Breath of the Wild ain’t one of them. lmao
                                        You could name the entire genre of open-wirld fantasy RPGs as "dollar store Witcher 3" tho. BotW still does it better than most

Comment

Working...
                                        X