What are some decent Switch games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are some decent Switch games?

My brother got me the Switch Lite for my birthday now I need something to play on it, I haven't played a single switch game so it doesn't matter how old it is.

Mario Odyssey and Mega Man 11 are fun if you like platformers. Octopath Traveler is a pretty decent old styled jrpg but not everyone enjoys those.
    Originally posted by Kajin_Style
    I have this illness called "Having-a-Heart" and gives me this irrational sense of empathy and care for my fellow man.

Comment

Originally posted by Pocket Rocket View Post
      Mario Odyssey and Mega Man 11 are fun if you like platformers. Octopath Traveler is a pretty decent old styled jrpg but not everyone enjoys those.
      Mainly looking for a time killer so this might work, how many hours would you say roughly?

Comment

Originally posted by EnemyOfDaState View Post

Mainly looking for a time killer so this might work, how many hours would you say roughly?
        Well each character has 4 chapters in their main story but you need to beat all the characters' stories to get to the final story which I still haven't got yet because you have to also beat specific sidequests that the game never really tells you about. There's lots of sidequests and optional dungeons aside from the main stories. I'm at 90 hours in and still completing sidequests lol
        I have this illness called "Having-a-Heart" and gives me this irrational sense of empathy and care for my fellow man.

Comment

Well each character has 4 chapters in their main story but you need to beat all the characters' stories to get to the final story which I still haven't got yet because you have to also beat specific sidequests that the game never really tells you about. There's lots of sidequests and optional dungeons aside from the main stories. I'm at 90 hours in and still completing sidequests lol
          Yeah I think I will have to check it out, I usually have a couple hours to kill at work everyday and don't feel like constantly buying games so I need a time sink like that.

Comment

Yeah I think I will have to check it out, I usually have a couple hours to kill at work everyday and don't feel like constantly buying games so I need a time sink like that.
            My starting character was the thief guy (Therion) and it turned out I made a good choice because there's special chests that only he can open and you can steal some good ass loot off townspeople. You can also savescum if you keep failing at stealing things because some towns have a pretty steep fine to pay otherwise.

Comment

If you like Smash Bros, Ultimate is fucking great, and you could play it forever if you have some other friends that are into it.
              Originally posted by Wade
              Everything is hidden in plain sight, like in Men in Black. We've all just been neuralized to think it is "normal".

Comment

And of course, Breath of the Wild is absolutely amazing. It's another fantastic game to sink 100 hours into.

Comment

Breath of the Wild is boring as fuck and a garbage Zelda game. You'll see everything the game has to offer before you even leave the tutorial area.

Comment

Cid is correct, breath of the wild is a great open-world game that's just a joy to run around in.

PR hasn't been happy with a first-party Nintendo game since puberty
                    Last edited by OrganizationXV; November 9th, 2019, 04:57 PM.
                    Everything is hidden in plain sight, like in Men in Black. We've all just been neuralized to think it is "normal".

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post
                      And of course, Breath of the Wild is absolutely amazing. It's another fantastic game to sink 100 hours into.
                      Hook that soy up to my veins, fam.

Comment

It's very telling that the two BotW haters are also conservatives.

Just saying.

Comment

Tetris 99 is pretty good too, if you like Tetris. It adds a competitive strategy layer that works strangely well. It has way more longevity than single player tetris imo

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post
                            PR hasn't been happy with a first-party Nintendo game since puberty
                            I praised Mario Odyssey in my very first reply. BotW sucks lol.

Comment

I planned on checking it out for no other reason then I have never played a Zelda game.

Comment

My starting character was the thief guy (Therion) and it turned out I made a good choice because there's special chests that only he can open and you can steal some good ass loot off townspeople. You can also savescum if you keep failing at stealing things because some towns have a pretty steep fine to pay otherwise.
                                When given the choice between classic RPG archetypes the correct answer will always be Warrior regardless of how crap it is.

Comment

I planned on checking it out for no other reason then I have never played a Zelda game.
                                  Just keep in mind that the rest of the series isn't like BotW when the boredom and regret eventually sets in.

When given the choice between classic RPG archetypes the correct answer will always be Warrior regardless of how crap it is.
                                  Olberic is the warrior in Octopath and he's pretty good. He can fight townspeople and beat the shit out of them if they're blocking a door or something lol.

Comment

Well, it's far from a traditional Zelda game. So you're not really getting anything resembling the classic Zelda experience. BotW throws out almost all the old tropes from games past.

But that's probably why it's one of my (if not my absolute) favorite Zelda titles. It eschews the tired formulaic process of old games and instead opens the world up and allows you to do anything your heart desires. If you want to crawl every corner of the map, get every piece of gear, unlock all the towers, complete all 120 shrines, and delve into the lore, you can totally do it. But if you want to go right into the final confrontation with the game's big bad as soon as you finish up the tutorial, you can do that too.

It's wonderfully refreshing to me, as someone who's played the series hardcore for over 25 years.

It's just a great game. Don't listen to Pocket Rocket, his hate for the game is legitimately irrational. He's probably the only person in the world to play it and hate it. lol. I mean, hell, I played it, my son played it, and my brother played it. Together, the three of us have probably clocked 500 hours into it. My nine year old has been playing it over 200 by himself, and he's not bored of it in any capacity.

That'd be Olberic, who in my experience was pretty good.
                                    Last edited by Cid; November 9th, 2019, 07:40 PM.

Comment

He's probably the only person in the world to play it and hate it.
                                      Comments like this are why the Nintendo fanbase get's rightfully mocked.

Comment

Comments like this are why the Nintendo fanbase get's rightfully mocked.
                                        Don't be mad I be dropping truth bombs right on your head, bro.

Comment

Working...
                                        X