Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E3 2019

-no Sony
    -no 'big' EA conference (and maybe no cringe clips from them)

-google announcement
    -netflix announcement
    -simpsons announcement

where is your hype?

what is your hope?

hoping that banjo-kazooie 1 and 2 remake theory going around turns out to be true
    Originally posted by Kajin_Style
    I have this illness called "Having-a-Heart" and gives me this irrational sense of empathy and care for my fellow man.

Comment

I'll just list off the games I've got eyes on and make a brief reaction to each:

Cyberpunk 2077: I mean, it's no surprise a few people here and I are hype as shit for this, and seeing there's gonna be more news confirmed for the event is something I'm looking forward to. Pretty sure at this point they've just been fixing bugs, iirc, so perhaps they'll tease in some more of the world? I guess we'll see.

Marvel's The Avengers: Square Enix making a Marvel game? That's... interesting. And it's supposed to be sorta like Destiny according to some articles, which honestly doesn't really appeal to me, but anything capeshit has my attention, so hell I'm down to know a bit more.

Session: You had me at skateboarding game but I'm not liking how the gameplay looks. A lot of the recent skateboarding games have tried the whole "freestyle twin stick" mechanic with the board, which in theory seems intuitive and realistic, but really all it does is make things frustrating. What's wrong with just hitting X to olley, triangle to grind, and square/circle to do air tricks? It was so simple yet so fun. Either way, this has my interest, but I'm remaining cautious.

Borderlands 3: I'm not much of an FPS guy, but I'm willing to make an exception for Borderlands. After what I've played so far of Borderlands 2, it's pretty easy to look past the gameplay for basically everything else, especially the writing. From what I've seen, it looks pretty dope. I understand the controversy of Epic getting an exclusive PC launch, but hell, Epic ain't so bad so what's the fuss?

The Outer Worlds: A sci-fi RPG developed by Obsidian? Sounds dope. The trailer looks pretty neat. Will be keeping an eye on it.

Fable 4: Only played a little Fable from what I remember, but I'm down for any RPG that comes out.

Watch Dogs 3: Didn't care for Watch Dogs 1. Played a bit of 2 but haven't put enough time into it to get a good perspective on it. Though this may be my opportunity to play more of it, cause I really dig the theming and hacking mechanics of this series. Could do without the whole hippie movement bullshit, but I guess that's what the kids are into these days, so what the hell.

Non-specific Harry Potter RPG: Um... okay? I mean, I love Harry Potter and this sounds very intriguing, but I just wasn't expecting this? Sure, why not?

Lord of the Rings: Gollum: Huh. A game centered on this fucker? Color me interested, cause hell, how much info have we gotten from him from the entirety of Middle Earth lore? Not enough, apparently, so yeah, I guess this will be where it all comes out. Does this mean we get to choke out Daegal with a button prompt? Hell yeah.

Assassin's Creed Vikings: Of course, cause why wouldn't they release another one not a couple years later? Especially after the success of Odyssey? Fuck you, Ubisoft, take my money.

Metroid Prime 4: Ugh... I have next to no reasons to get a Switch, but this is definitely up there in potential console-buying games. That and Mario Maker 2. Not really much to consider it, but fuck if I want to go through the Prime series if not just once in preparation for this.

Beyond Good and Evil 2: Looks like another cult classic's getting a long-awaited sequel... and a pretty fucking awesome looking one at that. Just how many sci-fi RPGs have we gotten in the past 5 years? lol either way this leaves me wanting more cause fuck, all those characters look interesting.

Only skimmed through articles and that's all I got so far, will update as I know more.

Comment

I guess the big things I'm looking forward to is the promised news on FF7 Remake and whatever else Nintendo has in the pipeline.

I don't think Metroid Prime 4 is going to be at E3 this year. If I recall, it got delayed and won't be releasing this year and Nintendo has already stated that they would only show games that release before the end of 2019.

I'm thinkingSmash Bros Ultimate DLC, Animal Crossing, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Links Awakening, and Mario Maker 2will make up most of what we see from them, along with another indies showcase.(And heck, maybe Octopath Traveler 2 as well.)

Comment

Originally posted by Thar View Post
        I'll just list off the games I've got eyes on and make a brief reaction to each:

Cyberpunk 2077: I mean, it's no surprise a few people here and I are hype as shit for this, and seeing there's gonna be more news confirmed for the event is something I'm looking forward to. Pretty sure at this point they've just been fixing bugs, iirc, so perhaps they'll tease in some more of the world? I guess we'll see.

Marvel's The Avengers: Square Enix making a Marvel game? That's... interesting. And it's supposed to be sorta like Destiny according to some articles, which honestly doesn't really appeal to me, but anything capeshit has my attention, so hell I'm down to know a bit more.

Session: You had me at skateboarding game but I'm not liking how the gameplay looks. A lot of the recent skateboarding games have tried the whole "freestyle twin stick" mechanic with the board, which in theory seems intuitive and realistic, but really all it does is make things frustrating. What's wrong with just hitting X to olley, triangle to grind, and square/circle to do air tricks? It was so simple yet so fun. Either way, this has my interest, but I'm remaining cautious.

Borderlands 3: I'm not much of an FPS guy, but I'm willing to make an exception for Borderlands. After what I've played so far of Borderlands 2, it's pretty easy to look past the gameplay for basically everything else, especially the writing. From what I've seen, it looks pretty dope. I understand the controversy of Epic getting an exclusive PC launch, but hell, Epic ain't so bad so what's the fuss?

The Outer Worlds: A sci-fi RPG developed by Obsidian? Sounds dope. The trailer looks pretty neat. Will be keeping an eye on it.

Fable 4: Only played a little Fable from what I remember, but I'm down for any RPG that comes out.

Watch Dogs 3: Didn't care for Watch Dogs 1. Played a bit of 2 but haven't put enough time into it to get a good perspective on it. Though this may be my opportunity to play more of it, cause I really dig the theming and hacking mechanics of this series. Could do without the whole hippie movement bullshit, but I guess that's what the kids are into these days, so what the hell.

Non-specific Harry Potter RPG: Um... okay? I mean, I love Harry Potter and this sounds very intriguing, but I just wasn't expecting this? Sure, why not?

Lord of the Rings: Gollum: Huh. A game centered on this fucker? Color me interested, cause hell, how much info have we gotten from him from the entirety of Middle Earth lore? Not enough, apparently, so yeah, I guess this will be where it all comes out. Does this mean we get to choke out Daegal with a button prompt? Hell yeah.

Assassin's Creed Vikings: Of course, cause why wouldn't they release another one not a couple years later? Especially after the success of Odyssey? Fuck you, Ubisoft, take my money.

Metroid Prime 4: Ugh... I have next to no reasons to get a Switch, but this is definitely up there in potential console-buying games. That and Mario Maker 2. Not really much to consider it, but fuck if I want to go through the Prime series if not just once in preparation for this.

Beyond Good and Evil 2: Looks like another cult classic's getting a long-awaited sequel... and a pretty fucking awesome looking one at that. Just how many sci-fi RPGs have we gotten in the past 5 years? lol either way this leaves me wanting more cause fuck, all those characters look interesting.

Only skimmed through articles and that's all I got so far, will update as I know more.
        Green I am hype for, blue I am interested in, red I think will be shit. CD Projekt Red is like the only company I still believe in and I always thought Harry Potter would make an interesting RPG if they did it similar to Rockstar's "Bully". Fable will be shit like every other Fable outside of Fable 1.

Comment

Here's the schedule, gents.
          ALL TIMES ARE IN PDT!!!
          Sunday, June 9th
          Monday, June 10th
          Tuesday, June 11th
          Microsoft - 1:00 pm
          Ubisoft - 1:00 pm
          Nintendo - 9:00 am
          Bethesda - 5:30 pm
          Square Enix - 6:00 pm
          Last edited by Cid; June 3rd, 2019, 09:08 PM.

Comment

I'm mostly pumped for Jack Black playing some Psychonauts 2.
            Also hoping for something about the new DC game, can't wait for stuff about Marvel's Avengers, possible new Darksiders game...
            We already got the trailer for Death Stranding. I'd like to see more from that.

And of course, excited to see some more on Pokemon and Animal Crossing on switch.

The more super-hero games, the better.
            Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-1133-0048-8436 (MMCulpaTTV)
            Check me out on Twitch @https://www.twitch.tv/mothmageculpa/

Comment

Originally posted by Thar View Post
              Cyberpunk 2077:
              Marvel's The Avengers:
              Borderlands 3:
              The Outer Worlds:
              Fable 4:
              Beyond Good and Evil 2
              i'm into all of the sci fi ones basically and fable. I'll likely play a new fable but my expectations aren't that high for it

For borderlands i'm the opposite in that i like the gameplay -way- more than their writing outside of Tales from the Borderlands

also tomorrow (5th*) 11am CT Beyond Good and Evil 2 is doing a livestream on their facebook
              Last edited by The Poster Formerly Known as Teal; June 4th, 2019, 10:37 AM. Reason: off by 24 hours

Comment

Cyberpunk and Fable the only things I'm interested in from the ones we already know about. Hoping we somehow get something on Bannerlord. Also the Microsoft conference with the reported 15 first party games has me intrigued (as long as it's not Gears or Forza...)
                Last edited by Louay; June 3rd, 2019, 10:50 PM.

Comment

Hoping the new pokemon game isn't absolute dogshit for once
                  Originally posted by Kajin_Style ;n513566
                  Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

Comment

Wondering what Nintendo’s gonna pop out this time.

Can’t care for anyone else (except any PC games shown) since I have neither a PS4 or an Xbox One.

Comment

Originally posted by DokTOR. View Post
                      Hoping the new pokemon game isn't absolute dogshit for once
                      i too hope for impossible things to happen
                      I have this illness called "Having-a-Heart" and gives me this irrational sense of empathy and care for my fellow man.

Comment

Hope we get some news on Halo on my Birthday :P

Comment

Can't wait for the next Smash character reveal. The seats get filled and the lights go dim as the screen becomes pitch black. Suddenly a text box comes up with some very familiar gibberish speak.

Kazooie: "What is that horrible smell!?"

Banjo: "I think we're at a Super Smash Brothers tournament."

Kazooie: "Well that explains why over half the men here are in dresses."

Banjo: "So does that mean we've finally made it?"

Kazooie: "It has to be a mistake. I'm sure they still have a few dozen more anime swordsman from Fire Emblem to add in first."

I want to believe.
                          Last edited by Pocket Rocket; June 8th, 2019, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pocket Rocket View Post
                            Can't wait for the next Smash character reveal. The seats get filled and the lights go dim as the screen becomes pitch black. Suddenly a text box comes up with some very familiar gibberish speak.

Kazooie: "What is that horrible smell!?"

Banjo: "I think we're at a Super Smash Brothers tournament."

Kazooie: "Well that explains why over half the men here are in dresses."

Banjo: "So does that mean we've finally made it?"

Kazooie: "It has to be a mistake. I'm sure they still have a few dozen more anime swordsman from Fire Emblem to add in first."

I want to believe.
                            You know who won't be in it?

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post

You know who won't be in it?
                              don't fucking say it

Comment

Originally posted by Pocket Rocket View Post
                                don't fucking say it
                                Yep. That's him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post

Yep. That's him.
                                  assist trophies really were a mistake

Comment

Almost everything got leaked right before E3 lol.

The only thing that I'm interested in seeing more of is that Elden Ring title and hopefully that new Cuphead DLC.

Everything else seems like a "Get to it at some point".

Comment

Add Cyberpunk 2077 and Doom Eternal to the list, though I'm positive the former isnt coming out this year and the latter will probably be delayed until Q4.

Comment

Working...
                                      X