MTG: Turn 3 kill w no "power nine"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MTG: Turn 3 kill w no "power nine"

I combined High Tide and Donate into a single deck, and found I could get a turn 3 kill two different ways.

One way involves 2 High Tides and an early Frantic Search, followed by Time Spiral to get untapped fully and find the spells you need.

Another way involves an early Candelabra of Tawnos and an Brain Geyser for card advantage, followed by multiple additional High Tides.

I found that I could play Illusions and Grandeur 4 times followed by Donate 4 times on the third turn, and still have enough mana left over to case Time Spiral for a third time....

lol. This is pretty sick. I have one Candelabra of Tawns that is tournament legal, and everything else was a few bucks each. Overall, the deck costs about $1000 to make.

4 High Tide
    4 Sapphire Medallion
    4 Brain Geyser
    3 Stroke of Genius (Brain Geyser is better, because that one mana matters)
    4 Words of Wisdom
    4 Frantic Search
    4 Time Spiral
    1 Candelabra of Tawnos ($725 card)
    4 Donate
    4 Illusions of Grandeur.

4 Thawing Glaciers (These are surprisingly not useful in the turn 3 to 5 kill, and I might take them completely out.)
    20 Island

It can "Go off" on turn 3 and play up to four Illusions of Grandeur and 4 donates on the third turn.

the turn 3, 4, and 5 kills don't use Stroke of Genius, but the turn 3 and 4 kills did use Brain Geyser, so I might not need any copies of Stroke of Genius. I will try removing 1 or 2 more copies of Stroke of Genius and put in one or two copies of Mind Over Matter. Mind over matter plus Candelabra of Tawnos means you can discard 1 card to untap X lands...

I find that I get the turn 5 kill every time, and draw the turn 4 kill a few times, and just about an hour ago I drew the turn 3 kill.
    Last edited by Wade; April 20th, 2019, 11:27 AM.

High Tide is definitely worth it. Without High Tide, the fastest kill would be turn 4 using Sapphire Charm, but with High Tide you can get a turn 3 kill once in a while.

Comment

Scoop a boop in the noop

Comment

Originally posted by Chara View Post
        Scoop a boop in the noop
        shut the fuck up
        Originally posted by Kajin_Style
        I have this illness called "Having-a-Heart" and gives me this irrational sense of empathy and care for my fellow man.

Comment

This version can score a turn 1 kill with Tolarian Academy and Black Lotus in opening hand, and it can score a turn 2 kill even without Tolarian Academy.

Donate (Power Nine Version)

4 High Tide
          4 Sapphire Medallion
          4 Brain Geyser
          2 Stroke of Genius
          1 Words of Wisdom
          1 Ancestral Recall
          1 Time Walk
          1 Time Twister
          4 Frantic Search
          4 Time Spiral
          2 Candelabra of Tawnos
          4 Donate
          4 Illusions of Grandeur.
          1 Mox Sapphire
          1 Black Lotus
          1 Lotus Petal

1 Tolarian Academy
          20 Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pocket Rocket View Post
            shut the fuck up
            Say something original

Comment

Originally posted by Chara View Post

Say something original
              make me
              Originally posted by Kajin_Style
              I have this illness called "Having-a-Heart" and gives me this irrational sense of empathy and care for my fellow man.

Comment

I found a turn 2 kill using the same deck list.

Turn 1: Island, Candalabra of Tawnos.
                Turn 2: Island, High Tide, tap Candalabra fo Tawnos to untap both lands...High Tide again. Sapphire Medallion, Frantic Search (untap both lands), tap both lands for 6 blue mana, play Time Spiral for 5 thanks to Sapphire Medallion. Draw seven cards and untap both lands. Play illusions of Grandeur, play donate, end turn.

Opponents second turn,
                Takes 20 damage during upkeep.

Comment

Working...
                X