This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Video Game News

Use this topic for small tidbits of news that don't really warrant a full topic.

Starting out:

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/01...-the-beginning

Nintendo announced this morning that development of Metroid Prime 4 would be completely restarted and that they are bringing the game back under Retro Studios. Looks like we're in for a very long wait.

Prime 4 has been off my radar anyway. I'd rather see the right studio do the right thing.

Comment

crackdown 3 faceplanting - https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertc.../#dae06aa5f1e9

(older) dead rising 5 cancelled - https://screenrant.com/dead-rising-5-capcom-layoffs/

Comment

Nintendo announced a Nintendo Direct for tomorrow. This one is interesting for me. A rumor from a few days ago by a known Nintendo leaker said that Nintendo would have a Direct on the 13th and that it would include the announcement of Metroid Prime Trilogy for the Nintendo Switch. He also mentioned that Mario Maker 2 was in the works and could also be revealed. We also know that Nintendo will be launching a new core Pokemon RPG on the Switch this year as well as Animal Crossing. So could we see the first trailers for those titles as well?

Comment

can't wait to see them reveal the new fire emblem character for smash dlc

Originally posted by Kajin_Style
          I have this illness called "Having-a-Heart" and gives me this irrational sense of empathy and care for my fellow man.

Comment

The top 3 games i'm looking forward to from the direct are

Fire Emblem
            Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
            Mario Maker 2

Comment

Link's Awakening Remake looks lit. Was legit one of my favorite games in the series.

Comment

Link's Awakening is one of the weakest Zelda games in my humble opinion, but I still do enjoy it very much. As I am a firm believer that all Zelda games are great (other than those CDI games that we do not mention).

But I'm certainly looking forward to this remake, as well as playing some Tetris 99 here in a bit. Shame they slapped the "That's Too Bad" stamp on Smash Bros. fans today.

Comment

Originally posted by Rython View Post
                  Link's Awakening is one of the weakest Zelda games in my humble opinion
                  Yeah... But isn't Zelda 2 one of your favorites? I mean...

Comment

Not really sure what to make of the actual look of the game, and good lord I hope they speed up the movement because that looked painfully slow.

At least it's a real Zelda game which I guess is all I could ask for after the gigantic disappointment that is BotW.
                    I have this illness called "Having-a-Heart" and gives me this irrational sense of empathy and care for my fellow man.

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post

Yeah... But isn't Zelda 2 one of your favorites? I mean...
                      Zelda II is definitely not one of my favorites, but I do hold it in higher regard than most people do, I must admit.

The original Legend of Zelda is still a far better game than Zelda II anyway.

Comment

Zelda II is definitely not one of my favorites, but I do hold it in higher regard than most people do, I must admit.

The original Legend of Zelda is still a far better game than Zelda II anyway.
                        Oh, yeah. You just called it an "excellent game." But still man. Zelda 2 and you liked it. So I've got to question your opinion on saying Link's Awakening is one of the weakest games. (Because it's one of the best in the series. Fight me.)

Comment

You are not the first to question my unpopular opinion about Zelda II being a great game, my friend. I just really enjoy that game a lot, despite it not being a favorite among fans.

But if you wish to know where my opinions lie, here are my bottom 5 Legend of Zelda games, not in order.

- Twilight Princess
                          - Wind Waker
                          - Link's Awakening
                          - Oracle of Seasons
                          - Oracle of Ages
                          Last edited by Rython; February 13th, 2019, 08:11 PM.

Comment

You are not the first to question my unpopular opinion about Zelda II being a great game, my friend. I just really enjoy that game a lot, despite it not being a favorite among fans.

But if you wish to know where my opinions lie, here are my bottom 5 Legend of Zelda games, not in order.

- Twilight Princess
                            - Wind Waker
                            - Link's Awakening
                            - Oracle of Seasons
                            - Oracle of Ages
                            Yikes. Two of your bottom five are in my top five and Twilight Princess would probably place 6th or 7th. I can see we have widely differing opinions on Zelda. lol

Comment

Yikes. Two of your bottom five are in my top five and Twilight Princess would probably place 6th or 7th. I can see we have widely differing opinions on Zelda. lol
                              Seems so. But no matter. All Legend of Zelda games are wonderful in their own right. My list is merely preference, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Raiden Blackthorn View Post
                                Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
                                it's looking a lot better than I thought when I heard switch exclusive

Comment

Seems so. But no matter. All Legend of Zelda games are wonderful in their own right. My list is merely preference, of course.
                                  You see that PR? Breath of the Wild is good. >:[

Comment

You see that PR? Breath of the Wild is good. >:[
                                    Well yeah it is if you've never played an open world game before or a Zelda game before or Minecraft before I guess.

Comment

• Cid
                                      Cid commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      Boo

• Pocket Rocket
                                      Pocket Rocket commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      That's what I said after finding my 100th shrine

Astral Chain looks Ball-bustingly good. Even more reason for me to get a Switch ASAP.

Comment

Originally posted by Pocket Rocket View Post
                                      Well yeah it is if you've never played an open world game before or a Zelda game before or Minecraft before I guess.
                                      How will the young children and adults that play Minecraft ever recover from this devastating blow?
                                      Do you have any kind words to offer them, PR?

Comment

Working...
                                      X