Anthem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sheko View Post

1. Alright, well how many missions? I'm about 40 hours in, haven't completed main story yet and still have a bunch of side quests. I have not maxed my level, my factions or even started on developing the rest of the suits.

2. The loot is garbage? I don't know what that means. Like gun variety? Equipment variety? Customization is pretty robust for a Bioware RPG, so I don't know what they are comparing it to. It's a hell of a lot better than the typical comparison which is Destiny.

3. Repetitive missions as in you shoot things? The one huge map as a ton of variety and instances to fight in, but yes you're typically fighting wherever you go with enemy and objective mechanics thrown in. I can't think of a game that doesn't have repetitive mechanics though.

4. But you're making an opinion on the physical sales in the UK only. You don't really think a game with marketing like this is going to ultimately sell less than Andromeda, do you? However it will most likely sell less than Destiny 2 for sure, since Destiny has so much brand power right now.
    The number of missions is secondary to what you are actually doing. I have seen a "defend the object" mission "transport object from point A to point B" missions and those "tomb missions", shooting shit is a given the actual missions themselves look dull. As far as loot I definitely expect way more variety and unique items for a game built around loot especially when you have shit like Apex Legends (also from EA) which is F2P and is being praised for its loot. I'm fine waiting for more sales info but from what I have seen and the negative backlash the game is getting I can easily see EA pulling the plug.

Comment

Originally posted by EnemyOfDaState View Post

The number of missions is secondary to what you are actually doing. I have seen a "defend the object" mission "transport object from point A to point B" missions and those "tomb missions", shooting shit is a given the actual missions themselves look dull. As far as loot I definitely expect way more variety and unique items for a game built around loot especially when you have shit like Apex Legends (also from EA) which is F2P and is being praised for its loot. I'm fine waiting for more sales info but from what I have seen and the negative backlash the game is getting I can easily see EA pulling the plug.
      Yeah there's a lot more than the 3 you listed. I will say this, when they insert puzzle mechanics it's pretty lazy. I mean I know why they did it, because they don't want a high action multiplayer game to stop dead in a room that people have to think about it, but it's still lame to look at such simple puzzles. The missions are a lot of fun with how the game actually plays, but if the sight of the game bores you then it's a whatever point. You say way more variety and then bring up Apex Legends? Anthem has a far larger gun variety than Apex Legends does. Even within the same categories, where Anthem has "assault rifles" that behave very differently depending on the type. The gun variety is closer to Destiny, and that's not even counting the gear variety which is the wrist/shoulder rockets and all that.

As for EA pulling the plug, well maybe, but it's doubtful when I see everyone bouncing between Apex and Anthem right now.
      Originally posted by Snap
      "man you always know what to get me for my birthday, you really are a nigger"

Comment

EA owes Respawn their balls right now for Apex because otherwise they'd be extinct to people.

Six years for some fuck shit. Bioware fell the fuck off.
        Last edited by Issa; February 26th, 2019, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Issa View Post
          EA owes Respawn their balls right now for Apex because otherwise they'd be extinct to people.

Six years for some fuck shit. Bioware fell the fuck off.
          Respawn will end up like Bioware in a few let's be real here

Comment

Originally posted by Don Tigris View Post
            Respawn will end up like Bioware in a few let's be real here
            Doubt it if they stick to shooters. They survived Titanfall 1 and bounced back with TF2. Their engine and shooter model is good. Better than most. Anybody that's put hands on TF2 knows this isn't a fluke.

Bioware has been decomposing since DA:I.
            Last edited by Issa; February 26th, 2019, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Respawn never got the respect they deserved until they made Apex. Good for them tbh, Apex is fun af.

Comment

Anthem is getting smashed in reviews across the board. AngryJoe did an indepth review on it. Played that thing from start to finish. Definitely not buying this game.

Comment

Gameplay is fun, everything else aside from graphics is lacking right now. Will probably pick it up in 6-12 months when more updates and content is added.

Comment

Just finished the final mission. Goddamn that fight blows so many games out of the water.

The combat in this game is unmatched outside of goats like GoW.

Comment

I'm fine waiting for more sales info but from what I have seen and the negative backlash the game is getting I can easily see EA pulling the plug.
                      "Anthem enjoyed the second highest launch-month sales in BioWare's history, only behind 2012's Mass Effect 3."

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/an.../1100-6465696/

That's why you never trust those outrage articles for clicks, bruh.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheko View Post

"Anthem enjoyed the second highest launch-month sales in BioWare's history, only behind 2012's Mass Effect 3."

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/an.../1100-6465696/

That's why you never trust those outrage articles for clicks, bruh.
                        That's good to hear for people enjoying the game, though I still wonder about the shelf life now that the Division 2 is out unless they get more content. Regardless at least this means EA wont be closing Bioware which is good.

Comment

That's good to hear for people enjoying the game, though I still wonder about the shelf life now that the Division 2 is out unless they get more content. Regardless at least this means EA wont be closing Bioware which is good.
                          I have both.

I play Anthem when I want to have fun, and Division 2 when I want solid world building/exploration.

The cover based combat is just... a downer compared to Anthem's speed and fluidity, but TD2 is a very polished game that was built on the shit show of The Division 1 release.

BioWare seems quicker to fix bugs as well. For 4 days you couldn't use 80% of the skills in TD2 because they would just vanish and go on cooldown, which lead to a lot of bullshit deaths. They fixed most of it, but I still have my riot shield vanish at random times.

Comment

Working...
                          X