Anthem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anthem

I have my doubts and fears about this game given how EA is involved with it, but from what I've been hearing, it looks promising. Thoughts?

Beta is like two days away so I'll reserve judgement.

Comment

Going to wait for reviews and other people's take on it. Not going to get 76ed like others.

Comment

I've been looking forward to it since it was first shown at e3 :P

Comment

I'm cautiously optimistic. Its gameplay demos have been kind of hit or miss but as of now i'm leaning toward getting it. Not a day one purchase though

Comment

Gonna be maining Storm assuming the beta doesn't disappoint.

Comment

Its going to be bad.

Don't you see EA on the cover?

Comment

Originally posted by Alice View Post
                Its going to be bad.

Don't you see EA on the cover?
                That's fair.

Comment

Sadly Anthem sucks. Bioware is pretty much done now. How did they go from writing the best characters and stories in video games to this heartless grindfest with the most boring and mundane character interactions ever. It took them 6 years for this? The graphics and combat are nice but I still hate this new Bioware

Good news is Respawn Entertainment has come out with the best multiplayer shooting game of all time by dropping the GOAT Apex Legends. I fooking love those guys.

Comment

trash

Comment

https://entertainment.theonion.com/a...IobW3D1M7Mtlto
                      Originally posted by Don Tigris View Post
                      Sadly Anthem sucks. Bioware is pretty much done now. How did they go from writing the best characters and stories in video games to this heartless grindfest with the most boring and mundane character interactions ever. It took them 6 years for this? The graphics and combat are nice but I still hate this new Bioware

Good news is Respawn Entertainment has come out with the best multiplayer shooting game of all time by dropping the GOAT Apex Legends. I fooking love those guys.
                      Generally, people assume it's EA sucking the life out of them and forcing them to go through certain shitty business decisions.

Comment

Ok... when I heard that Anthem was in development for 6 years and this is all they have to show for? Oh god.. yea this game is fucking trash. No.. seriously it is. Some reviewers are being nice but others are ripping right into the heart of it like AngryJoe -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AJsKyh0x7w

But even if you don't take the word of youtube reviewers seriously. Here's one undeniable truth. Warframe is celebrating their 6th year this march. Anthem has been in developmen for 6 years, Warframe has been out for 6 years. The different is night and day.

Warframe loads super fast, load screens are 5-8 seconds (some times less) and if you got it on an SSD, you don't even notice it. The game runs buttery smooth at 72fps on mid-tier machine. I could even stream it and not get a hitch. The loot in warframe is just massive, the entire thing is a looter shooter grind fest. 38 different warframes ALL with unique abilities and 23 of them have a prime version that is stronger. There are thousands of cards/mods to collects to power up your frames, weapons and gear. Literally hundreds of unique weapons with different looks, ways they fire, etc etc, (Counted 269). With their variants it goes up to almost 400.

Warframe isn't caught up in game breaking bugs like Fortnite, or constant server related bugs or major issues. Naw, none of that. The fixes they put out are obscure, hard to find, and usually related to new weapons they released and some glitch they didn't find. They patch it and things run smoothly.

Right now, this year Warframe is set to revamp a section of their missions to make more enjoyable; they are revamping the melee system yet again which already had some amazing animations built-in. More end game content is coming out, spaceship to spaceship battles, 3 new warframes this year (not that 1 hero a year bullshit), new tileset, expansion on their Fortuna update, and even revamping their infamous new player experience.

Nothing about server fixes, bug issues to deal with, performance on difference systems issues, none of that. Just more great content.

Seriously.... what the actual fuck, Anthem.

Comment

It's everything I wanted Destiny to be.

The game is an absolute blast.
                          Originally posted by Snap
                          "man you always know what to get me for my birthday, you really are a nigger"

Comment

Anthem is just another game in the current trend of releasing games with no content then slowly releasing that stripped out content so in two years after everyone has stopped caring people can go "I don't know what all the hate was about Anthem is pretty good". This game sold half as much as Mass Effect Andromeda and we all saw how quick EA scrapped that shitshow.

Comment

Originally posted by EnemyOfDaState View Post
                              Anthem is just another game in the current trend of releasing games with no content then slowly releasing that stripped out content so in two years after everyone has stopped caring people can go "I don't know what all the hate was about Anthem is pretty good". This game sold half as much as Mass Effect Andromeda and we all saw how quick EA scrapped that shitshow.
                              1. What do you consider to be "content"? The amount of dialogue in this game is insane when you consider they really didn't have to put this much story in.

2. You must be referring to the UK physical sales which are the only numbers that exist currently. Physical sales for every game goes down every year as digital sales rise. Anecdotally, I got 8 dudes on the friends list playing this game and no one bought physical.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheko View Post

1. What do you consider to be "content"? The amount of dialogue in this game is insane when you consider they really didn't have to put this much story in.

2. You must be referring to the UK physical sales which are the only numbers that exist currently. Physical sales for every game goes down every year as digital sales rise. Anecdotally, I got 8 dudes on the friends list playing this game and no one bought physical.
                                Content for this type of game is missions and loot, the games a looter shooter and from what I have been told from friends the actual loot is garbage and the customization is limited. Even from the stuff I have watched (I was interested in this game at one point) the actual missions seem repetitive as hell. For a game in development for six years you expect lots of cool armor pieces and guns.

Physical sales for this type of game only matter in relation to other games, like I said the last Mass Effect which was a flop sold twice as much and Destiny 2 (it's main comparison) sold 10 times as much in the same market. I will say that similar to ME: Andromeda the gameplay looks fun at least.

Comment

Originally posted by EnemyOfDaState View Post

Content for this type of game is missions and loot, the games a looter shooter and from what I have been told from friends the actual loot is garbage and the customization is limited. Even from the stuff I have watched (I was interested in this game at one point) the actual missions seem repetitive as hell. For a game in development for six years you expect lots of cool armor pieces and guns.

Physical sales for this type of game only matter in relation to other games, like I said the last Mass Effect which was a flop sold twice as much and Destiny 2 (it's main comparison) sold 10 times as much in the same market. I will say that similar to ME: Andromeda the gameplay looks fun at least.
                                  1. Alright, well how many missions? I'm about 40 hours in, haven't completed main story yet and still have a bunch of side quests. I have not maxed my level, my factions or even started on developing the rest of the suits.

2. The loot is garbage? I don't know what that means. Like gun variety? Equipment variety? Customization is pretty robust for a Bioware RPG, so I don't know what they are comparing it to. It's a hell of a lot better than the typical comparison which is Destiny.

3. Repetitive missions as in you shoot things? The one huge map as a ton of variety and instances to fight in, but yes you're typically fighting wherever you go with enemy and objective mechanics thrown in. I can't think of a game that doesn't have repetitive mechanics though.

4. But you're making an opinion on the physical sales in the UK only. You don't really think a game with marketing like this is going to ultimately sell less than Andromeda, do you? However it will most likely sell less than Destiny 2 for sure, since Destiny has so much brand power right now.

Comment

I bought Dragon Age Inquisition in 2016 and played a bit of it but it was so bad

(mainly because ALL of the characters were hideous as fuck and I couldn't ever see myself caring about them)

but I still had high hope for one of my favorite video game franchises Mass Effect but when Andromeda came out and was disgustingly mediocre (with yet again ugly characters) I knew it was over

But being the sucker I am I still had faith in Anthem. . . In conclusion EA killed Bioware one of the GOATs.
                                    Last edited by Don Tigris; February 26th, 2019, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Oh shit, Marcus was in DA:I?!

elfmarcus.png

Comment

Bioware was the GOAT at making singleplayer RPG story-driven games so why did EA assign this game to them. Bioware is like that lovable family dog who's now an old beat down cripple better put them out of their misery. Disband that bitch

Comment

Working...
                                        X