Soldier 76 is gay.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DokTOR. View Post
    So you're not wasting 1,500 then, what are you complaining about again, seems like you're saving money to me if you keep your current house when you're earning those 125k a year

you could always get an apartment instead of complaining about actually having a house, literal first world problem
    Again, my house is shit. My roof leaks, my heating and cooling bills run upwards of $400 a month in peak seasons, I have a rat infested vacant property right next to mine, and I live right along a major state highway and have to deal with a shitload of noise. Not to mention the area I live in has some of the highest crime rates in the region... I'm in this house because it's what I could afford at the time. Nobody would willingly choose to live here, mate. It's a shithole.

But insofar as the cost, it also helps that I live in a state with some of the lowest property costs in the nation. My house, as shitty as it is, would easily go for $100,000 in New York City. Maybe even more than that. It's a good size at 2200 square feet and half an acre of land. Good for a family home, at least.

Either way, it's not the norm. Average home value in the US is about four times higher than what I paid. Hell, even my house is worth more than I paid for it. I happened to buy it at the best possible time, right after the housing market collapsed. 7 years later, with the housing market back up, my home was surveyed and had a value of $75,000 put on it. So had I bought it this year instead of in 2012 my mortgage would probably be twice as much.

As for an apartment... Those are even more expensive, usually. They're typically about $800 - $900 a month in my area.

literally never did this in my entire life as i don't care enough about the united states of eagleburger to endorse one of your politicians
    I'm pretty sure you were defending Trump at some point. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post
      I'm pretty sure you were defending Trump at some point. lol

Yeah, but I was only pretending to be retarded
      Kinda like right now
      gotteem
      Originally posted by Kajin_Style ;n513566
      Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

Comment

Yeah, but I was only pretending to be retarded
        Kinda like right now
        gotteem
        That's the typical "oops, I gotta save face" excuse, alright.

Comment

That's the typical "oops, I gotta save face" excuse, alright.
          What excuse
          You're still no broke nigga no matter how hard you pretend to be lmao
          Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

Comment

Off-topic (well, more off-topic than it already is, lol)...

Ciddles.

When are you gonna get that job at NASA? Aren’t you out of college now...?

Comment

Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post
              Off-topic (well, more off-topic than it already is, lol)...

Ciddles.

When are you gonna get that job at NASA? Aren’t you out of college now...?
              I've got to get a B.S. to work for them. I've got a plan for it, but it requires me to get a different job for a few years so I can pay off some debts and do some other needed things before I transfer into a much more expensive university. (I've got to go to University of Alabama or Auburn University, the two most expensive in the state, to get my B.S. in Astrospace Engineering) But I've been stuck on the job search thanks to the middling economy and, recently, thanks to the government shutdown. I've got a job lined up... But since it's a government contractor, they can't hire anyone until the government reopens. =/

Comment

I've got to get a B.S. to work for them. I've got a plan for it, but it requires me to get a different job for a few years so I can pay off some debts and do some other needed things before I transfer into a much more expensive university. (I've got to go to University of Alabama or Auburn University, the two most expensive in the state, to get my B.S. in Astrospace Engineering) But I've been stuck on the job search thanks to the middling economy and, recently, thanks to the government shutdown. I've got a job lined up... But since it's a government contractor, they can't hire anyone until the government reopens. =/
                Oh.

Well, hopefully it opens up soon.

Once it reopens, tho, I’d assume you’ll go for federal aid to pay for it...?

You’ll have a better chance at getting grants than I did, I know that, lol.

That, and you can try and get scholarships (don’t be afraid to take a break or two from here if you go after them).
                Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; January 9th, 2019, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Why on God's green Earth does this thread have 132 133 responses?

Comment

Originally posted by P408370R View Post
                    We were just talking about gay stuff the whole time, don’t mind us. :-)

Comment

Oh.

Well, hopefully it opens up soon.

Once it reopens, tho, I’d assume you’ll go for federal aid to pay for it...?

You’ll have a better chance at getting grants than I did, I know that, lol.

That, and you can try and get scholarships (don’t be afraid to take a break or two from here if you go after them).
                      Best case scenario is that I actually get NASA to pay for my furthered education. I've been accepted into an internship program at Marshall Spaceflight Center and was supposed to start this summer, but I've had to ask them to put it on hold since there's no possible way I can move to Huntsville at this time. I can accept the internship at any point between now and 2022. That internship will take place over two years and when it's over, I'll be able to apply for the NASA Pathways Internship, which is a paid internship. If I get into that one, NASA will fully fund my education. So that's what I'm aiming for.

If I don't get accepted into the pathways program... I'll just have to make it a different way. But I plan to be a goddamn great intern and get plenty of recommendations. (I already have one from one of Kennedy's system engineers and from the lead scientist on NASA's Project Veggie, so I'm off to a good start.)

Comment

We were just talking about gay stuff the whole time, don’t mind us. :-)
                        count me in bb 😘

I'm sorry.

Best case scenario is that I actually get NASA to pay for my furthered education. I've been accepted into an internship program at Marshall Spaceflight Center and was supposed to start this summer, but I've had to ask them to put it on hold since there's no possible way I can move to Huntsville at this time. I can accept the internship at any point between now and 2022. That internship will take place over two years and when it's over, I'll be able to apply for the NASA Pathways Internship, which is a paid internship. If I get into that one, NASA will fully fund my education. So that's what I'm aiming for.

If I don't get accepted into the pathways program... I'll just have to make it a different way. But I plan to be a goddamn great intern and get plenty of recommendations. (I already have one from one of Kennedy's system engineers and from the lead scientist on NASA's Project Veggie, so I'm off to a good start.)
                        I have faith you will excel in your endeavors! Here's hoping all goes according to plan.

Best of luck, fren!
                        Last edited by P408370R; January 9th, 2019, 02:59 PM.

Comment

That’s some good stuff you got there, hope you can get into it.

I don’t even know what kind of internship I want (I’ll be honest, I don’t even fully know what job I want, just the broad area I want to get into...maybe programming), if I’d even pursue it. I know that places LOVE people who are/were interns, though.

Comment

...Also...

What is Project Veggie?

Comment

Originally posted by P408370R View Post
                              I'm calling richfags out on pretending to be poor to garner sympathy

Comment

That’s some good stuff you got there, hope you can get into it.

I don’t even know what kind of internship I want (I’ll be honest, I don’t even fully know what job I want, just the broad area I want to get into...maybe programming), if I’d even pursue it. I know that places LOVE people who are/were interns, though.
                                Interning is a great way to get some on-the-job experience. It just looks great on a resume. Heck, I haven't even interned at NASA yet and two of the job interviews I've had since graduating, the interviewer told me that he main reason they selected me was so they could ask what the "NASA team leader for 'Project Veggie'" meant. lol. Anything to spice up that resume and get you in to talk to a human. Then you've just got to wow them with your charm.

Comment

I'm calling richfags out on pretending to be poor to garner sympathy
                                  Ironic coming from a citizen of POORtugal, which is part of the eurozone.

In all seriousness, it sounds like a Tuesday!

Comment

...Also...

What is Project Veggie?
                                  lolololol

See? Even you're curious.

Project Veggie is NASA's attempt to grow crops in space. Project Veggie, specifically, is a project focused on finding out the most cost-effective and efficient way to grow crops in microgravity conditions. NASA has tried hydroponic watering systems, more traditional soil-based systems, and a couple others. Project Veggie is focused on a mediumless, aeroponic watering system. The project we were working on was an ion spray. We sprayed a mist of a supergrowth solution through a magnetic field to give the particles a positive charge. That caused the moisture to be attracted to a hanging plant root with a negative charge, which allowed the moisture to adhere to the roots and not ball up to the top of the container as would normally happen in microgravity.

Was an interesting experience.

Comment

Interning is a great way to get some on-the-job experience. It just looks great on a resume. Heck, I haven't even interned at NASA yet and two of the job interviews I've had since graduating, the interviewer told me that he main reason they selected me was so they could ask what the "NASA team leader for 'Project Veggie'" meant. lol. Anything to spice up that resume and get you in to talk to a human. Then you've just got to wow them with your charm.
                                    I seem pretty good at that, tbqh.

When I had a mock interview for an assignment in high school, my only issue was forgetting to say my name...soooo...yeh, lol.

Comment

lolololol

See? Even you're curious.

Project Veggie is NASA's attempt to grow crops in space. Project Veggie, specifically, is a project focused on finding out the most cost-effective and efficient way to grow crops in microgravity conditions. NASA has tried hydroponic watering systems, more traditional soil-based systems, and a couple others. Project Veggie is focused on a mediumless, aeroponic watering system. The project we were working on was an ion spray. We sprayed a mist of a supergrowth solution through a magnetic field to give the particles a positive charge. That caused the moisture to be attracted to a hanging plant root with a negative charge, which allowed the moisture to adhere to the roots and not ball up to the top of the container as would normally happen in microgravity.

Was an interesting experience.
                                      That does sound interesting.

One small step for human kind’s eventual destiny to colonize and dominate the fuck out of outer space.

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post
                                        So why did people just stop playing Overwatch? I don't get it.
                                        DPS is the worst class and gets beaten by mass support + tank. Most players play DPS.

Overwatch balance team is just retarded and so their game is dead.

People should've quit long before this; matchmaking is rigged bullshit.

Comment

Working...
                                        X